Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Greg McElory 2013 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:41 AM

what do we think? could he possibly be worse the a guy famous for running into his sationary linemans butt and giving up a fumble and subsequent td, or a guy that couldn't even beat out the butt fumbler for a job everyone was desperate to give him.

He looked ok when he got time last year. and ok is not a word often said about sanchez or geno.

if not McElory then who?

inb4 Rex says "best chance to win" or calls up "ol number 4"

#2 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:55 AM

Isn't this guy a golfer?

Posted Image
2014 Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 14-Team 0.5 PPR + ALL TDs = 6PTs:

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Matthew Stafford.......(03.13)............. WR - Malcom Floyd.........(14.14)
RB1: Montee Ball............(01.13)............. WR - John Brown...........(UD.FA)
RB2: Arian Foster...........(01.11)............. WR - Cody Latimer.........(13.09)
WR1: Brian Quick............(14.08)............. RB - Toby Gerhart.........(02.02)
WR2: Allen Hurns............(UD.FA)............. RB - Bernard Pierce.......(07.14)
TE : Kyle Rudolph...........(06.02)............. RB - Latavius Murray......(13.12)
FLEX1: Justin Forsett.......(UD.FA)............. RB - Devonta Freeman......(09.01)
FLEX2: Steven Jackson.......(04.02)............. RB - CJ Anderson..........(09.11)

#3 Iron-cock

Iron-cock

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,853 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:29 AM

what do we think? could he possibly be worse the a guy famous for running into his sationary linemans butt and giving up a fumble and subsequent td, or a guy that couldn't even beat out the butt fumbler for a job everyone was desperate to give him.

He looked ok when he got time last year. and ok is not a word often said about sanchez or geno.

if not McElory then who?

To be fair to Geno he looked bad on a few plays in the Giants game, but the Giants have a good D. I also recall a few drops that were squarly on the WR's. Geno looked fine in the Lions game. He does seem to struggle a bit under center and some of his handoffs looked akward.

Part of the whole "GENO WAS AWFUL" story coming out of that game was media driven as when combined with Rex's playing Sanchez in the 4th Quarter and Sanchez's subsequent injury it all provides for a nice media narrative of "THE JETS ARE A DISASTER".

If Sanchez is out for the opener I expect the Jets to start Geno Smith. He needs reps, and from what I can tell in the preseason the team is going nowhere this year.

McElroy looked good at times last year, but the Chargers game where he took 11 sacks was a disaster. I'd like to see him in the Jets new offense, but he's been hurt most of the preseason. He might not even keep his roster spot, as Matt Simms has played well and the Jets (Especially REX) are probably still pissy with McElroy for mouthing off in the media a few years ago.

Edited by Iron-cock, 26 August 2013 - 08:30 AM.

#4 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:00 PM

if not McElory then who?

To be fair to Geno he looked bad on a few plays in the Giants game, but the Giants have a good D. I also recall a few drops that were squarly on the WR's. Geno looked fine in the Lions game. He does seem to struggle a bit under center and some of his handoffs looked akward.

Part of the whole "GENO WAS AWFUL" story coming out of that game was media driven as when combined with Rex's playing Sanchez in the 4th Quarter and Sanchez's subsequent injury it all provides for a nice media narrative of "THE JETS ARE A DISASTER".

If Sanchez is out for the opener I expect the Jets to start Geno Smith. He needs reps, and from what I can tell in the preseason the team is going nowhere this year.

McElroy looked good at times last year, but the Chargers game where he took 11 sacks was a disaster. I'd like to see him in the Jets new offense, but he's been hurt most of the preseason. He might not even keep his roster spot, as Matt Simms has played well and the Jets (Especially REX) are probably still pissy with McElroy for mouthing off in the media a few years ago.

mouthing off about the jets.............can't imagine he would have trouble finding material.

Geno has been throwing lot of picks. Are we sure is ankle is 100% now. also if he gets hurt again are they really going to go back to sanchez???? the fans might riot if that happened.

#5 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:06 PM

no jets fans/haters?

#6 Sine_cera

Sine_cera

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:24 PM

if not McElory then who?

Starting Geno is the worst thing the Jets can do. Even if Sanchez isn't healthy. Geno isn't ready yet to be a starter. He'll struggle against defenses and the media will eat him alive.

Let someone else (McElroy, Simms) be the QB and take a beating. Then you can always let Geno take over halfway through the season.

Baseball and football are very different games. In a way, both of them are easy. Football is easy if you're crazy as hell. Baseball is easy if you've got patience. They'd both be easier for me if I were a little more crazy and a little more patient. ~ Bo Jackson

#7 Hennashan

Hennashan

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:01 PM

can the season start already? as a jet fan its annoying to hear so much about a 6-10 team that didnt do anything last year and wasnt projected to do anything this year, but yet we get more media attention and smack talk then any other team in the league. its flattering but really just stop.

like this is a fantasy football forum but people still find a way to make threads solely to be LOLjets. Its weird.

Edited by Hennashan, 27 August 2013 - 09:02 PM.

12 Team PPR +1Flex
QB: T.Romo
RB: L.McCoy, A.Morris, R.Helu, B.Brown, D.Woodhead, A. Ellington
WR: V.Jackson, E.Decker, A.Brown, J.Gordon, K.Thompkins, D.Bowe
TE: T. Gonzalez
K: Flex
DEF: Flex

#8 dmb3684

dmb3684

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,720 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:31 PM

can the season start already? as a jet fan its annoying to hear so much about a 6-10 team that didnt do anything last year and wasnt projected to do anything this year, but yet we get more media attention and smack talk then any other team in the league. its flattering but really just stop.

like this is a fantasy football forum but people still find a way to make threads solely to be LOLjets. Its weird.

It's flattering that your franchise is the laughing stock of the league? Weird.

#9 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

don' t worry people make fun of the raiders too, why just in the last 24 hours I made a Clowney joke and a mchurt driving people to alcoholism joke.

NY is a media haven, I thought you would be used to it. if you think it is bad now, wait til the season starts and 10 times more people are watching and commenting on Sanchez, Geno, Rex and the Qb mess.