50 replies to this topic

#1 coleporter

coleporter

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:30 AM

Well it's happened. To use the language of the Premier League the baseball forums have now been relegated from the top spot to second. Already down to second even with the playoffs just beginning in most leagues.
C   Gomes
1B Jose Abreu
2B Altuve
3B Castellanos
SS Baez
OF Puig
OF JD Martinez
Of  Danny Santana
UTL Calhoun

Bench: Polanco, Ozuna,  Vogt
Multi-Position: Castellanos (OF, 3B), Santana (SS,OF), Vogt (C, 1B, OF) Baez (SS,2B)
SP: Alex Wood Teheran,  Arrieta, Stroman, Paxton, Carrasco . RP: Rosenthal, Doolittle, Gregerson
DL: Myers, Goldschmidt

#2 RotoMaster

RotoMaster

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

Always happens this time of year.  The football forums actually get more traffic from August-October than baseball.

#3 Theoneupper

Theoneupper

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:43 AM

Its always a sad day when the forums are second. But that means that football is almost here. while i dont love it it as much as baseball its still a fun fantasy sport.

#4 FouLLine

FouLLine

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,673 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:57 AM

The timing is perfect for it though.  Football drafts are in full swing and fantasy baseball playoffs are starting.  So while less people are checking in for baseball exponentially more people are here for football.

#5 Choo on Wieters

Choo on Wieters

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

Means hockey starts soon.  Thank goodness.
12 team H2H 6X6 (R, HR, RBI, SB, Avg, OPS.-- W, L, K, Sv, ERA, WHIP)

Where's Oswaldo- 2-6-0 - 11th place

C-        Devin Mesoraco
1B-      Edwin Encarnacion
2B-      Howie Kendrick
3B-      Ryan Zimmerman
SS-      JJ Hardy
1B/3B- Eduardo Escobar
2B/SS- Neil Walker
OF- J. Hamilton, B. Hamilton, J. Jones, R. Davis, N. Markakis
Util- Oswaldo Arcia
Bench- Joey Votto(DL15), Matt Adams(DL15), C. Carter
SP-Price, Liriano, Roark, Ventura, Richards, Alvarez
RP- Frieri, Chapman, Grilli, Belisario
DL- W. Myers(DL15)

#6 Travis Burten

Travis Burten

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

The first few months are always the busiest in every sport. NBA up till Christmas......baseball up to end of july......

#7 Beakman

Beakman

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:26 AM

Yeah, the closers thread ain't what it used to be.  There would've been six full pages on Latroy Hawkins yesterday if this was April.

#8 frankhoward

frankhoward

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:24 PM

I used to be able to name every Redskin down to the last guy on the taxi squad,now I can't name more than 2.

I can't stand watching it anymore,it's like these guys were raised on Rap videos.Like scoring a touchdown is a big deal.Charlie Taylor and Bobby Mitchell would be turning over in their graves if they were dead.Buncha punks.

#9 jb_power

jb_power

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,175 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:52 PM

View Postfrankhoward, on 26 August 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

I used to be able to name every Redskin down to the last guy on the taxi squad,now I can't name more than 2.

I can't stand watching it anymore,it's like these guys were raised on Rap videos.Like scoring a touchdown is a big deal.Charlie Taylor and Bobby Mitchell would be turning over in their graves if they were dead.Buncha punks.

I can't go that extreme but I do long for the days of Barry Sanders juking 4 defenders out of their jocks and going the distance from 55 yards ... and then simply handing the ball to the referee on his way back to the sideline.

#10 Posting In The Clutch

Posting In The Clutch

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,108 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:01 PM

View Postjb_power, on 26 August 2013 - 12:52 PM, said:

I can't go that extreme but I do long for the days of Barry Sanders juking 4 defenders out of their jocks and going the distance from 55 yards ... and then simply handing the ball to the referee on his way back to the sideline.

Hot dogs are generally associated with going to a baseball game, but really I think the NFL has way more hot dogs than any other sport.

Tons of mediocre showboating NFL players with huge egos who make Yasiel Puig look like Bill Russell.

Edited by Posting In The Clutch, 26 August 2013 - 02:04 PM.

I remember one evening in the pouring rain
And in my heart there was an aching pain
Fare thee well, my honey, fare thee well

#11 The Harsh

The Harsh

I like .webms.

• Moderators
  • 5,908 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:04 PM

View Postcoleporter, on 26 August 2013 - 08:30 AM, said:

Well it's happened. To use the language of the Premier League the baseball forums have now been relegated from the top spot to second. Already down to second even with the playoffs just beginning in most leagues.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Are the Rotoworld forums lagging for you? Please report the issue here: http://www.rotoworld.com/about/help.aspx. It's the best way to force a change!

#12 Matthew

Matthew

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

Baseball will always be my #1, but fantasy makes every football Sunday like a mini-holiday.

#13 TribeFoo

TribeFoo

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

Always a sad day...I never want this season to end and this is like a mini-reminder that that time will be here sooner than we think.

This is my first year in seven years not playing fantasy football. I won a 14-teamer last year and decided to retire on top, but even with that it always feels like there's too much luck and I wound up rooting for scenarios instead of teams. I'm curious to see how this season goes. I still watch every Sunday, but my overall interest started declining about two years ago.
12-team 5x5 weekly dynasty/contract league

C - Joe Mauer
1B - Lucas Duda
2B - Jose Altuve
3B - Kyle Seager
SS - J.J. Hardy
LF - Alex Gordon
CF - Carlos Gomez
RF - Jose Bautista
UTIL - Corey Dickerson
BN - Chris Davis, J.D. Martinez, Kole Calhoun

SP - Madison Bumgarner, Jon Lester, Zack Wheeler, Drew Smyly, Willy Peralta, Tanner Roark
RP - Greg Holland
BN - Kevin Gausman, Tim Lincecum, Andrew Heaney, Danny Duffy, Jeremy Hellickson
DL - Jose Fernandez

#14 tucker26

tucker26

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,767 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:57 PM

The NFL is crap now. Like the difference between old Vegas and new Vegas. Sure there are more lights but at the cost of more rules and restrictions. It's one big advertisement and flag football game. The Superbowl makes me puke. It's just all so fake....Except the Packers..
And all the greatest of the heroes
Started jumping from the books
They started wearing ones and zeros
Looking more and more like crooks
They stole the sunlight from the future
Took a sip, drank half the glass then put it back

#15 lbjames6

lbjames6

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,851 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:36 AM

The players are coached to be like that. They're supposed to be excited when they make a play. That excitement is infectious, it makes the rest of the team pumped and want to make plays as well.

#16 tucker26

tucker26

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,767 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:21 AM

View Postlbjames6, on 27 August 2013 - 01:36 AM, said:

The players are coached to be like that. They're supposed to be excited when they make a play. That excitement is infectious, it makes the rest of the team pumped and want to make plays as well.

Coached by their agents.
And all the greatest of the heroes
Started jumping from the books
They started wearing ones and zeros
Looking more and more like crooks
They stole the sunlight from the future
Took a sip, drank half the glass then put it back

#17 Zumayaaaa

Zumayaaaa

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,616 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:30 AM

Yeah. I always see coaches jumping up and down with excitement after one of his punk players gets nailed for an excessive celebration penalty. They LOVE it!

#18 frankhoward

frankhoward

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:45 AM

Seeing some guy in braids wiggling his butt in the endzone doesn't seem very exciting to me.

Like jb_power said about Barry Sanders- just hand the ball off to the ref and jog back to the bench.
"If you get in the end zone,act like you've been there before"-old football saying attributed to a bunch of guys

#19 Ryno23

Ryno23

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:38 AM

Bookmark this link and baseball will always be at the top:

http://forums.rotowo...php?showforum=3

Edited by Ryno23, 27 August 2013 - 09:38 AM.

#20 Stickfig13

Stickfig13

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,002 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

I hate the football forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users