Jump to content

Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Owen Daniels 2013 Season Outlook


  • Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Jason497

Jason497

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:52 PM

Didn't see a thread on this guy. What do you all think?

Finally stayed healthy for a season, put up top 10 numbers, will he repeat that performance with Deandre Hopkins in town?

#2 instant290

instant290

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Houston

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:10 PM

Safe guy but I will take an upside guy like Cameron or Cook over him. We pretty much know his ceiling is 65/800/6 area.

#3 pepper11

pepper11

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

View Postinstant290, on 26 August 2013 - 10:10 PM, said:

Safe guy but I will take an upside guy like Cameron or Cook over him. We pretty much know his ceiling is 65/800/6 area.

Interesting ceiling seeing that he played in 17 games last year and went 80/900/6

I am not sure where the Rotoworld hate is coming from. They are out of their mind ranking him him 16th among TEs. This guy is as rock solid as they come.

#4 bmoss12

bmoss12

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Metro Detroit, Michigan
  • Interests:Basketball, Volleyball, Football, Exercise, Snowboarding and Backyard games

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

View Postpepper11, on 05 September 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

View Postinstant290, on 26 August 2013 - 10:10 PM, said:

Safe guy but I will take an upside guy like Cameron or Cook over him. We pretty much know his ceiling is 65/800/6 area.

Interesting ceiling seeing that he played in 17 games last year and went 80/900/6

I am not sure where the Rotoworld hate is coming from. They are out of their mind ranking him him 16th among TEs. This guy is as rock solid as they come.

Arian Foster/ Ben Tate/ Hopkins hurt his stock.
12 Team ESPN H2H League

Cam Newton (Car - QB)
LeSean McCoy   (PHI - RB)
Eddie Lacy (GB - RB)
Greg Jennings    (MIN - WR)
Vincent Jackson (TB - WR)
Jordy Nelson   (GB - WR)
Colts   (Defense)
Phil Dawson   (SF - K)
Seahawks (HC)
Antonio Gates   (SD - TE)
Matt Forte   (CHI - RB)
Terrance Williams         (DAL - WR)
Jordan Cameron   (CLE - TE)
Bilal Powell   (Jets - RB)

"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth."
~Mike Tyson

#5 roxburyboston

roxburyboston

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

finley is better

#6 cyberer

cyberer

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,276 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Philly

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:59 PM

beast. Underrated to the max this season.
SIG UPDATED TO 9/1/2014!


12 Team PPR

QB Cutler (backup Romo)
WR1 Julio Jones
WR2 Randall Cobb
WR3 Michael Crabtree (backups Kelvin Benjamin and Steve Smith)
RB1 Lesean McCoy
RB2 Shane Vereen
TE Jason Witten (backup Kelce)
FLEX Ben Tate (backup RB benny cunningham, roy helu)

#7 Jason497

Jason497

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:04 AM

I made this thread because I was considering drafting him in a slow draft. I've got him on the bench behind Witten. 4 TDs from my TEs this week, wow.

#8 roxburyboston

roxburyboston

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:04 AM

the YEAR OF THE TE

#9 mrko1990

mrko1990

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:07 AM

View Postroxburyboston, on 10 September 2013 - 12:04 AM, said:

the YEAR OF THE TE

True to the max! +1
10 team, standard scoring, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB, 1 DEF, 1 K T. Brady QB NE
T. Gerhart RB JAX
T. Richardson RB IND
D. Bryant WR DAL
D. Thomas WR DEN
R. Gronkowski TE NE
A. Jeffery W/R CHI
S. Hauschka K SEA
49ers DEF SF

J. Gordon WR CLE
J. Cutler BN CHI
L. Miller BN MIA
C. Michael BN SEA
Z. Ertz BN PHI
J. Hill BN CIN

#10 pepper11

pepper11

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:10 AM

View Postbmoss12, on 05 September 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

View Postpepper11, on 05 September 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

View Postinstant290, on 26 August 2013 - 10:10 PM, said:

Safe guy but I will take an upside guy like Cameron or Cook over him. We pretty much know his ceiling is 65/800/6 area.

Interesting ceiling seeing that he played in 17 games last year and went 80/900/6

I am not sure where the Rotoworld hate is coming from. They are out of their mind ranking him him 16th among TEs. This guy is as rock solid as they come.

Arian Foster/ Ben Tate/ Hopkins hurt his stock.

Dont think so

#11 bt12483

bt12483

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:56 AM

His fantasy death is exaggerated.
Yahoo 10 team: 1PPR, return yardage (1QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1K, 1DEF)
QB: Matt Stafford, Jay Cutler
WR: Calvin Johnson, Keenan Allen, Josh Gordon, Vincent Jackson, Michael Crabtree
RB: Jamaal Charles, Darren Sproles, Reggie Bush, Shane Vereen
TE: Jason Witten, Dennis Pitta
K: Robbie Gould
DEF: stream

#12 Shinobi88

Shinobi88

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:56 AM

What the f*** is Rotoworld talking about???  "Daniels has a lost a step in recent years"..."You can do better than Daniels in fantasy".  

Does anyone on Rotoworld's staff actually watch the games or are they just a bunch of loser psychopaths trying to wreck thousands of peoples fantasy seasons by posing their hunches as facts?

I watched the game from start to finish and thought Daniels was an absolute beast.  Gronkowski-lite.  Multiple plays where he broke tackles.  He looked like a deer in the open field.  And he scored two TDs, which is a talent you either do or don't got, not a skill any average joe can pick up.  

Daniels is gonna have a monster year.  I don't even care about him from a football or fantasy perspective.  I'm just freakin fed up of Rotoworlds attempt at brainwashing using their idiotic hunches.  DO NOT listen to their opinions of players.  Just use the site for their up to date news which can be found in the first couple sentences of each player blurb.  The Rotowashing opinions come in the last couple of sentences.  Ignore those.  If you think I'm blowing this out of proportion, look at the opinions they fed us about Ryan Mathews last year.  Ya, that didn't wreck anyone's season

Oh, here's another gem from tonight I can't resist mentioning.  About Vincent Brown's 2 catch performance..."Brown is San Diego's most talented receiver, and we'd expect his workload to increase as the season goes on."  Based on what???  Malcolm Floyd is taller and jumps highter, and Eddie Royal is quicker and faster, so in REALITY Vincent Brown is the THIRD most talent WR in San Diego.  And that's not even including Antonio Gates who is way ahead of Brown on the target radar.  Keep buying into their b.s. if you want to finish in last place this year

#13 Funkenstein

Funkenstein

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:02 AM

View PostShinobi88, on 10 September 2013 - 01:56 AM, said:

What the f*** is Rotoworld talking about???  "Daniels has a lost a step in recent years"..."You can do better than Daniels in fantasy".  

Does anyone on Rotoworld's staff actually watch the games or are they just a bunch of loser psychopaths trying to wreck thousands of peoples fantasy seasons by posing their hunches as facts?

I watched the game from start to finish and thought Daniels was an absolute beast.  Gronkowski-lite.  Multiple plays where he broke tackles.  He looked like a deer in the open field.  And he scored two TDs, which is a talent you either do or don't got, not a skill any average joe can pick up.  

Daniels is gonna have a monster year.  I don't even care about him from a football or fantasy perspective.  I'm just freakin fed up of Rotoworlds attempt at brainwashing using their idiotic hunches.  DO NOT listen to their opinions of players.  Just use the site for their up to date news which can be found in the first couple sentences of each player blurb.  The Rotowashing opinions come in the last couple of sentences.  Ignore those.  If you think I'm blowing this out of proportion, look at the opinions they fed us about Ryan Mathews last year.  Ya, that didn't wreck anyone's season

Oh, here's another gem from tonight I can't resist mentioning.  About Vincent Brown's 2 catch performance..."Brown is San Diego's most talented receiver, and we'd expect his workload to increase as the season goes on."  Based on what???  Malcolm Floyd is taller and jumps highter, and Eddie Royal is quicker and faster, so in REALITY Vincent Brown is the THIRD most talent WR in San Diego.  And that's not even including Antonio Gates who is way ahead of Brown on the target radar.  Keep buying into their b.s. if you want to finish in last place this year
agreed.  I mentioned something similar in one of the other player threads.  All that these anaylists and experts do is parrot each other and make comments based on absolutely nothing

the guy scored two tds last night and their expert analysis is that "you can do better".  they are more concerned with saving face than with giving you the facts. so silly

can you do better?  sure you can. but thats if you want to select a TE in the first 4 rounds.  otherwise, wait till round 10 and grab daniels.

Edited by Funkenstein, 10 September 2013 - 04:05 AM.


#14 LyondellBasell

LyondellBasell

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,438 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York
  • Interests:Mets - Knicks

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:17 AM

two years ago i owned him when the texans also had dreasen and it was absolutley terrible. that could be where the lost a step ideas come from.

i ended up drafting him this year as a last resort. pleased with last night, of course.
12 Team H2H Categories. Play two teams per week. Three keepers.
Avg, OPS, HR, RBI, R, SB * W, K, ERA, WHIP, Sv

C/ Santana
IB/ Pujols
3B/ Encarnacion
CI/ Singleton
2B/ Gyorko
SS/
Simmons
MI/ Wong
4 OF/ Aoki, Bautista, Cespedes, Rajai
Utl/ Heyward
SP/ Felix, Teheran, Sale,
Archer, Latos, Tillman
RP/ Ross, Richards
, Stroman, Carrasco
BN/ Rios, Reynolds, Teixiera
DL/ Everth

Championships: 3 Baseball, 1 Football, 1 Basketball

#15 bt12483

bt12483

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

The experts have their reasons, on paper it looks more crowded with graham and Hopkins. However what they never discuss is the rapport schaub and Daniels have, that is only mirrored by his rapport with johnson. Those other guys don't come close.

Regarding rotoworld, it seems every year certain players are on their naughty and nice list. They will crucify the naughty players even after great games, and they will give their nice players a free pass ala David Wilson.

They seem to have trouble admitting they were wrong.

Edited by bt12483, 10 September 2013 - 08:45 AM.

Yahoo 10 team: 1PPR, return yardage (1QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1K, 1DEF)
QB: Matt Stafford, Jay Cutler
WR: Calvin Johnson, Keenan Allen, Josh Gordon, Vincent Jackson, Michael Crabtree
RB: Jamaal Charles, Darren Sproles, Reggie Bush, Shane Vereen
TE: Jason Witten, Dennis Pitta
K: Robbie Gould
DEF: stream

#16 djbigf

djbigf

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:02 AM

View Postbt12483, on 10 September 2013 - 12:56 AM, said:

His fantasy death is exaggerated.
Til he doesn't score for 5 weeks
10 team league:  (std scoring/flex)

QB Foles, RGIII
RB Lynch, Murray, Foster, Ridley, Miller, Ingram, Stewart
WR Cobb, VJackson, TSmith, Benjamin, Bowe
TE Cameron, Walker
K Tucker
D Panthers

#17 bt12483

bt12483

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:08 AM

View Postdjbigf, on 10 September 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

View Postbt12483, on 10 September 2013 - 12:56 AM, said:

His fantasy death is exaggerated.
Til he doesn't score for 5 weeks
maybe. Maybe not. That is why they play the game. Schaub still seems to look his way a lot. And all you need is opportunity.
Yahoo 10 team: 1PPR, return yardage (1QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1K, 1DEF)
QB: Matt Stafford, Jay Cutler
WR: Calvin Johnson, Keenan Allen, Josh Gordon, Vincent Jackson, Michael Crabtree
RB: Jamaal Charles, Darren Sproles, Reggie Bush, Shane Vereen
TE: Jason Witten, Dennis Pitta
K: Robbie Gould
DEF: stream

#18 cyberer

cyberer

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,276 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Philly

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:44 AM

So glad I paired gronk with this guy. He looks a good bet to rack up cheap scores.
SIG UPDATED TO 9/1/2014!


12 Team PPR

QB Cutler (backup Romo)
WR1 Julio Jones
WR2 Randall Cobb
WR3 Michael Crabtree (backups Kelvin Benjamin and Steve Smith)
RB1 Lesean McCoy
RB2 Shane Vereen
TE Jason Witten (backup Kelce)
FLEX Ben Tate (backup RB benny cunningham, roy helu)

#19 jspeed

jspeed

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

I have a soft spot for Owen Daniels.  He may not be a great fantasy football player, but he's a great real life football player.  He's like a Jason Witten ... catching passes is a part time job, blocking like a mofo is his bread and butter.

Bottom line is that he's a solid 2nd tier fantasy TE and he's fun to watch.  I'll take him on my team any day.
12 Team Yahoo Winners  1st place, 1st round playoff BYE
PG: DLillard, BJennings, KLowry, JJack
SG  BBeal, VOladipo
SF: WMatthews, JButler, PJ Tucker
PF DFavors
C: RHibbert, TChandler, GDieng

#20 cyberer

cyberer

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,276 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Philly

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

I love him too. I might sell him high though
SIG UPDATED TO 9/1/2014!


12 Team PPR

QB Cutler (backup Romo)
WR1 Julio Jones
WR2 Randall Cobb
WR3 Michael Crabtree (backups Kelvin Benjamin and Steve Smith)
RB1 Lesean McCoy
RB2 Shane Vereen
TE Jason Witten (backup Kelce)
FLEX Ben Tate (backup RB benny cunningham, roy helu)




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users