Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Andre Roberts 2013 Season OutlookSneaky PPR value with Arians?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 OK_Guru14

OK_Guru14

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:49 AM

This is a guy that quietly put together a 65-750-5 line in 2012. This season, Bruce Arians and Carson Palmer enter the picture in Arizona. Michael Floyd will surely see an increase from his 86 targets last year, but Arians has always loved utilizing his slot WR's in 3WR sets. In full/half point PPR leagues Roberts should have some interesting value. Thoughts?

#2 Jason497

Jason497

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:53 AM

I think, especially with Housler's high ankle sprain and Mendenhall likely in and out of the lineup nursing his knee this year, there will be plenty of targets to go around to Fitz/Floyd/Roberts. They could all have 100+ targets honestly. You could see both Floyd and Roberts approach 1000 yards, and Roberts is going much later in drafts.

#3 unk3

unk3

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

Lol I hoping Larry gets ALLLLLL the receptions 175+ targets since i drafted him ;)

#4 Shabba Rankz

Shabba Rankz

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:53 PM

I've always been a fan of Andre. I think he could be a solid flex play while RW hypes M.Floyd.

#5 Butters

Butters

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:03 PM

View PostShabba Rankz, on 28 August 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

I've always been a fan of Andre. I think he could be a solid flex play while RW hypes M.Floyd.

With all the hype surrounding Floyd, here's to Roberts putting up a 90 yard/1 TD game.
12 Team .5 PPR League.  2QBs, 2RBs, 3WRs, 1TE and a flex (R/W/T).
QBs: RG3, Pryor, Manuel, Cousins
RBs: Lacy, Bush, CJ, J. Bell, Starks, Greene
WRs: Jordy, Garçon, Decker, James Jones, Bowe
TE: Pitta

#6 Mr.E

Mr.E

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

8 receptions today and 3 yards shy of 100 yards, solid WR2 option in PPR leagues

#7 DLG10

DLG10

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

View PostMr.E, on 08 September 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

8 receptions today and 3 yards shy of 100 yards, solid WR2 option in PPR leagues

What about non PPR?

#8 RJRJRJ

RJRJRJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

View PostDLG10, on 08 September 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

View PostMr.E, on 08 September 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

What about non PPR?

Not nearly the value.  Yardage/TDs are hard to predict, but targets should be steady.  Theyve got 3 legit receivers out there, and it keeps the defenses honest and lets carson spread the ball around.

#9 DLG10

DLG10

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:10 PM

I need WR help...I have a bunch of WR3s on my roster after Andre Johnson.

James Jones
Chris givens
Golden Tate
J. Edelman

Thinking of dropping Givens for Roberts

Edited by DLG10, 08 September 2013 - 07:10 PM.

#10 Phina11y

Phina11y

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,219 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:04 PM

Always liked Andre Robert's potential and I think he will have a very productive year with Carson Palmer at QB. Consider his numbers from last year (64 Rec, 759 YDS, 5TD, 29 Rush YDS, 40 FD) and this year he has a big upgrade at QB and coaching. This offense will throw the ball and Andre will get his targets.

The Cardinals finished day two of the NFL draft by selecting wide receiver Andre Roberts out of Citadel in the third round of the NFL draft. Roberts spent the last four seasons playing at Citadel where he served as the possession receiver. He has very good hands, only dropping six out of 383 passes thrown his way. Roberts' strongest asset is converting first downs. He converted 60.7% of his catches into first downs and 16.1% of his third down catches for first downs as well. He has superior speed and can seperate himself from defenders with his agility. He'll make circus-type catches and often makes them look easy. The Cardinals can best use Roberts on wide receiver screens, drag routes, or throwing down the sideline. Roberts is fearless after the catch, he'll fight for extra yards, and he's an aggressive blocker. He led the nation with a 19.2-yard punt return average his junior year and also returned three for touchdowns. He's very elusive in the open field, has dangerous speed, and protects the football.

Roberts is a dominating receiver at this level of football and has enough of the measurables to make you think he can make the transition to the next level. He is explosive off the line and shows good straight line speed yet still can drop his hips and come out of his cuts crisply and with a burst to separate from defenders. He has natural hand placement and a wide receiving radius to make catches when the ball is slightly off target. He is elusive once the ball is in his hands and has enough speed to be a threat to take it all the way. He will need a lot of work on reading more complicated coverage schemes and will have to learn how to beat the press against the NFL’s top corners. Roberts has good top-end speed. Possesses outstanding quickness and burst allowing him to get in and out of breaks rapidly. Has good, strong hands and very good receiving skills. Is a dynamo after the catch and can really make defenders miss in the open field. Can turn a short pass into a long gainer in a hurry.
Combine Invite: Yes
Height: 5107
Weight: 195
40 Yrd Dash: 4.40
20 Yrd Dash: 2.58
10 Yrd Dash: 1.52 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 15
Vertical Jump: 36
Broad Jump: 10'00"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.15
3-Cone Drill: 6.77

12 Team Yahoo H2H $ Daily MLB League 2nd Place (R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, QS)
C S. Perez, D. Mesoraco
1B A. Gonzalez
2B A. Hill, B. Miller (2B/SS)

3B M. Carpenter (2B/3B)
SS J. Rollins
OF M. Trout

OF J. Upton
OF M. Morse, K. Calhoun
Util A. Rizzo

NA J. Baez
DL M. Machado
SP J. Fernandez, S. Strasburg, Y. Ventura, Y. Gallardo, T. Wood, M. Pineda, T. Cingrani, E. Santana, G. Richards, R. Erlin

RP G. Holland, S. Santos

DL M. Harvey

#11 HTXMade

HTXMade

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:05 PM

he sure can take big hits

#12 Phina11y

Phina11y

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,219 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:13 PM

Roberts gained national prominence as a sophomore, earning All-American third-team and All-Southern Conference second-team recognition. He set the school season-records with 78 receptions for 1,060 yards (13.6 avg) that included ten touchdowns. His average of 7.09 catches per game ranked tenth in the nation and his average of 96.36 yards per game placed him eleventh on the NCAA FCS chart. He also finished 23rd in the nation with an average of 11.08 yards on 27 punt returns. He amassed 1,350 all-purpose yards and showed his field alertness by recovering a pair of fumbles.

The talented athlete also competed on the school’s outdoor track team in 2007. He joined the squad in mid-March, after football spring camp, competing in the 200- and 400-meters. He also ran the anchor leg of the 4x100m relay team that won at the Penn Relays for the fifth-consecutive time in Citadel history, earning his first Penn Relays Championship watch.

In 2008, Roberts’ “jack-of-all-trades” attitude made him the most dangerous offensive player on the field. In addition to his school season-record 14 touchdown catches, he had key receptions on all of the team’s 23 aerial scores. He shattered his own Bulldogs annual records with 95 catches (second in the nation) for 1,334 yards (14.0 avg), the fourth-highest season total in Southern Conference history.

The All-American choice also finished second in the nation with 7.92 receptions per game, fourth nationally with 111.17 aerial yards per game and led the FCS ranks to capture the punt return championship with an average of 19.21 yards per attempt (24 total). His three punt returns for touchdowns tied the conference season-record. He also scored once on 24 carries for 94 yards, recorded three solo tackles and placed 14th in the country, leading the league with an average of 160.0 all-purpose yards per game.

12 Team Yahoo H2H $ Daily MLB League 2nd Place (R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, QS)
C S. Perez, D. Mesoraco
1B A. Gonzalez

3B M. Carpenter (2B/3B)
SS J. Rollins
OF M. Trout

OF J. Upton
OF M. Morse, K. Calhoun
Util A. Rizzo

NA J. Baez
DL M. Machado
SP J. Fernandez, S. Strasburg, Y. Ventura, Y. Gallardo, T. Wood, M. Pineda, T. Cingrani, E. Santana, G. Richards, R. Erlin

RP G. Holland, S. Santos

DL M. Harvey

#13 UVA_Drew

UVA_Drew

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,206 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

Phina...appreciate the effort, but I'm not really sure why you are posting quotes and stats from this guy from 6 years ago when he was in college...

he's been in the NFL for 3 years now, including a breakout year last year

He's not a rookie, so we don't really need his 2008 college scouting report.
10 Team Auction Draft: OBP & SLG league (dominated the draft, sexiest OF ever)

C:   Wilin Rosario
1B: Albert Pujols
2B: Jose Altuve
3B: Todd Frazier
SS: Jean Segura
CI: Adrian Gonzalez
MI: Brad Miller
OF: Jay Bruce, Shin-Soo Choo, Justin Upton, Jose Bautista, Mark Trumbo
Util: Jose Abreu
Bench: George Springer, Emilio Bonifacio, Wilson Ramos (DL)

SP: Max Scherzer, Chris Sale, Anibal Sanchez, Homer Bailey, Chris Archer, Jon Lester, Scott Kazmir, Corey Kluber
RP: Ernesto Frieri, Grant Balfour, Tommy Hunter, Jonathon Papelbon

#14 Phina11y

Phina11y

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,219 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:37 AM

View PostUVA_Drew, on 08 September 2013 - 11:19 PM, said:

Phina...appreciate the effort, but I'm not really sure why you are posting quotes and stats from this guy from 6 years ago when he was in college...

he's been in the NFL for 3 years now, including a breakout year last year

He's not a rookie, so we don't really need his 2008 college scouting report.

It is actually 5 year ago, haha. I feel like people really don't know much about Andre and the talent/potential he has. He had a breakout season last year, but still wasn't getting much attention, so I wanted people to learn more about him. This is the first year the Cardinals actually have a solid QB. I think your post was completely useless and should be considered spam, since you're not giving any helpful info about the player. You're just trying to fool me for attention, but my posts are actually useful info/analysis/scouting/etc. It doesn't matter how long a player has been in the NFL, if he's been a part of a bad team/situation with big problems at QB. Roberts compiled these statistics while having to work with four different starting quarterbacks throughout the season. None of whom started more than six games. And none of which were any good (Kevin Kolb, John Skelton, Ryan Lindley, and Brian Hoyer). He also had to fend off highly touted rookie Michael Floyd throughout the year and did so rather successfully. I felt like I needed to remind people that this kid is a legitimate talent and he proved that by putting up solid numbers in 2012, then following it up with an 8REC/97YDS game in Week 1. Bruce Arians open offensive attack will allow him to thrive as either the starter opposite Larry Fitzgerald or as the team’s primary slot receiver.
C S. Perez, D. Mesoraco
1B A. Gonzalez

3B M. Carpenter (2B/3B)
SS J. Rollins
OF M. Trout

OF J. Upton
OF M. Morse, K. Calhoun
Util A. Rizzo

NA J. Baez
DL M. Machado

RP G. Holland, S. Santos

DL M. Harvey

#15 scienergy

scienergy

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:01 AM

Roberts was Palmer's first read on every third down.  Roberts is not flashy nor a red zone threat, but straight up owns the field underneath.    Simpson (playing X receiver) was the lone mismatch for the Vikes this week so Floyd may be in for a big week as well.

#16 Maroney's Bologna

Maroney's Bologna

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:50 AM

View PostHTXMade, on 08 September 2013 - 11:05 PM, said:

he sure can take big hits

Dude played tough out there for sure.

#17 96mnc

96mnc

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,452 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

I kind of think i should have drafted this guy instead of TY Hilton.  Only reason i didn't is because with Wayne's age TY could have possibly become the #1 in Indy.  But Wayne isn't slowing down apparently.

#18 bt12483

bt12483

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:59 AM

he is going to see major action this year in that Arians' offense. Problem is WR is so deep...who is going to play him? I guess if he keeps putting up targets and numbers people will start to. Especially in PPR.
Yahoo 10 team: 1PPR, return yardage (1QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1K, 1DEF)
QB: Matt Stafford, Jay Cutler
WR: Calvin Johnson, Keenan Allen, Josh Gordon, Vincent Jackson, Michael Crabtree
RB: Jamaal Charles, Darren Sproles, Reggie Bush, Shane Vereen
TE: Jason Witten, Dennis Pitta
K: Robbie Gould
DEF: stream

#19 stuNnaa

stuNnaa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:29 AM

I picked up Roberts this morning without having to use a waiver. He will be starting in place of Amendola this week for me. Had a lot of targets in a passing offense. Maybe a little Cecil Shorts like from last year? I'll take it.

View Postbt12483, on 11 September 2013 - 05:59 AM, said:

he is going to see major action this year in that Arians' offense. Problem is WR is so deep...who is going to play him? I guess if he keeps putting up targets and numbers people will start to. Especially in PPR.

#20 Prea

Prea

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:02 AM

Roberts may be more consistent if he's constantly racking up receptions.  I feel like Floyd's production is going to be inconsistent, and obviously Fitz is going to see most of the action.

I watched some of Cards preseason and it seemed like Palmer was targeting Roberts pretty heavily. Maybe he just likes throwing to the inside, seeing how much he threw to TE Myers last year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users