#41 screaming_vultures

screaming_vultures

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

Right now a great stash in a 24 team league

Football - Yahoo - 10 Team Keeper(Keep 3) - H2H - PPR + 6pt Passing TDs (QB/WR/TE/RB/FLEX/FLEX/FLEX/DEF/K)

QB: Nick Foles, RG3
WR: Vincent Jackson, Michael Crabtree, Marques Colston, Terrance Williams, Josh Gordon
RB: Giovani Bernard, Shane Vereen, Toby Gerhart, CJ Spiller, Pierre Thomas
TE: Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski
K: Mason Crosby
DEF: Streaming

#42 CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

I don't think Mcgahee looked bad at all. did a pretty good trent richardson impersonation from what i saw.

get ton of carries, fall into endzone, repeat.

#43 And Won

And Won

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,599 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

McGahee looked good. Fozzy may need to bide his time.

#44 JimmyGs

JimmyGs
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

Rainey is gone! Fozzy is third now!

#45 MickeyMouse

MickeyMouse

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:MinnieMouse, Goofy, Pluto, Cheesetits

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

Rainey is gone! Fozzy is third now!

2nd, ogbonjczhsd4543ya is a fb

#46 Phina11y

Phina11y

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

looks like a committee going forward. rainey released and fozzy now in the mix. i'm about to drop mcgahee, too much inconsistency. this situation is just a mess for fantasy right now. fozzy is a good looking player, so I can see his touches going up as long as he produces. if he outplays mcgahee and ogbonnaya the next couple weeks, maybe he has a chance to take over the starting RB job.

http://www.cleveland...t_in_lin_1.html

12 Team Yahoo H2H Daily MLB $ Redraft League 1st Place (R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, QS)

C D. Mesoraco
1B A. Gonzalez
2B D. Ackley
3B T. Frazier
SS M. Betts
OF M. Trout
OF J. Upton
OF C. Dickerson
Util C. Carter (1B/OF)
SP S. Strasburg, G. Cole, Y. Ventura,
M. Pineda, I. Kennedy, Y. Gallardo, J. Quintana, M. Stroman, K. Gausman, K. Hendricks, Y. Petit, T. Matzek, R. Erlin
RP G. Holland, C. Allen
R.I.P. J. Fernandez, G. Richards, M. Harvey, J. Rollins

#47 MickeyMouse

MickeyMouse

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:MinnieMouse, Goofy, Pluto, Cheesetits

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

With a terrible schedule coming up, a s--- QB, add in a RBBC and you have the worst situation possible in FF

#48 Ragnaroker

Ragnaroker

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

Where was it stated that this would be an RBBC? Isn't McGahee going to see the bulk of carries as long as he is healthy?

#49 kobe24

kobe24

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

Where was it stated that this would be an RBBC? Isn't McGahee going to see the bulk of carries as long as he is healthy?

mcgahee is averaging 2.8 ypc. he is old and washed up. i havent seen it stated anywhere but imo this backfield is up for grabs

#50 Sine_cera

Sine_cera

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,978 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

So now Fozzy is going to take over in Cleveland? Just like Rainey and those impressive metrics and even more impressive preseason runs was going to take over from McGahee.....

They didn't even give Rainey a shot (and they apparently looooooved him) so why should they give Fozzy a chance? They'll ride this season out with McGahee and Ogbonnaya. There's a reason why their coach wanted McGahee.

If the Browns coaches were so disappointed with McGahee's y/c they would've given Rainey 5-10 touches per game. They never did.

14-Team Dynasty League (H2H - 4th Year)
CY.Molina     1BJ.Votto     2B - K.Wong

SS - J.J.Hardy     3B - E.Encarnacion
OF - G.Stanton, C.Dickerson, J.Heyward

Util - L.Duda, J.Morneau

Bench - S.Choo, S.Pearce, AJ Pollock, O.Taveras, R.Castillo, J.Profar, J.Villar, L.Valbuena

P - S.Strasburg, M.Scherzer, S.Gray, M.Cain, H.Bailey, G.Richards, M.Shoemaker, C.Carrasco, D.Duffy

RP - J.Nathan, C.Janssen, S.Castillo, K.Giles

12-Team Keeper League (H2H - 5th Year)

CC.Santana     1B - P.Fielder     2B - M.Betts

SS - T.Tulowitzki     3B - D.Wright

OF - C.Carter, A. McCutchen, M.Cuddyer

Bench - L.Duda, D.Mesoraco, D.Span, K.Wong, M.Byrd, C.Crawford,

P - C.Sale, M.Scherzer, D.Price, A,Cobb, J. deGrom, C.McHugh, M.Stroman

RP - S.Doolittle, G.Perkins, F.Rodriguez, D.Storen

#51 Ragnaroker

Ragnaroker

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

So now Fozzy is going to take over in Cleveland? Just like Rainey and those impressive metrics and even more impressive preseason runs was going to take over from McGahee.....

They didn't even give Rainey a shot (and they apparently looooooved him) so why should they give Fozzy a chance? They'll ride this season out with McGahee and Ogbonnaya. There's a reason why their coach wanted McGahee.

If the Browns coaches were so disappointed with McGahee's y/c they would've given Rainey 5-10 touches per game. They never did.

Agree with this. I don't think the Browns have much intention of getting Fozzy involved... but thats just me.

#52 Sine_cera

Sine_cera

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,978 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

Agree with this. I don't think the Browns have much intention of getting Fozzy involved... but thats just me.

Because Fantasy owners look at a RB's stats and say "he stinks. Someone else should get a shot!". Yet players like McGahee, Jacobs and Mendenhall still get their touches every single game.

And Fantasy owners like new shiny toys. Even though this toy isn't even unwrapped yet.

Util - L.Duda, J.Morneau

Bench - S.Choo, S.Pearce, AJ Pollock, O.Taveras, R.Castillo, J.Profar, J.Villar, L.Valbuena

P - S.Strasburg, M.Scherzer, S.Gray, M.Cain, H.Bailey, G.Richards, M.Shoemaker, C.Carrasco, D.Duffy

#53 dabeesta17

dabeesta17

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

I think Rainey was more hyped by the fantasy football world than in NFL circles. He was never that great of a talent, and that was made obvious when the Browns gave him so few carries. The Chargers didn't really want to waive Whittaker. But injuries changed things. Fozzy didn't clear waivers because obviously he has talent. He also has twice the speed and shiftiness of McGahee. If the Browns want to add a different dimension to their offense, they'll give Whittaker a chance. But right now he's a wait-and-see stash in 14+ team leagues.
16-team keeper league (keepers in italics), long TD bonus, yardage bonuses, 5 rec = 1pt, 10 rec = 5 pts

#54 kobe24

kobe24

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

some people dont understand what a speculative add is...
  • SportsFanEvan likes this

#55 Sine_cera

Sine_cera

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,978 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

I think Rainey was more hyped by the fantasy football world than in NFL circles. He was never that great of a talent, and that was made obvious when the Browns gave him so few carries. The Chargers didn't really want to waive Whittaker. But injuries changed things. Fozzy didn't clear waivers because obviously he has talent. He also has twice the speed and shiftiness of McGahee. If the Browns want to add a different dimension to their offense, they'll give Whittaker a chance. But right now he's a wait-and-see stash in 14+ team leagues.

And you don't think Rainey is faster than McGahee? More shiftier? Because he is. They simply never gave him a chance. Rainey wasn't all Rotoworld hype. The Browns coaches also liked what he could do. And now he's cut.

There's a reason why the Browns HC wanted McGahee. It's not because he needed a backup RB. It's because he actually thinks he can help his team. As hard as that might be for some people to accept. They are fine with the McGahee-Ogbonnaya combo.

Next year's starting RB is NOT on this roster so the Browns don't have to do any experimenting or evaluation of RB's.

Util - L.Duda, J.Morneau

#56 JimmyGs

JimmyGs
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

Norv Turner said earlier this week: "We're going to use Fozzy (Whittaker) a little bit and see how he does." Whittaker also acknowledged the fact that he was expected to see action against the Packers, prior to Rainey's release:

"The coaches told me to be ready for whatever," Whittaker said. "There's a couple of situations where I may get into the game. Obviously it's not for certain I'll get in, but whenever my number's called, I'll be ready and make sure I'm focused in on everything that's going on."

#57 kobe24

kobe24

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

Norv Turner said earlier this week: "We're going to use Fozzy (Whittaker) a little bit and see how he does." Whittaker also acknowledged the fact that he was expected to see action against the Packers, prior to Rainey's release:

"The coaches told me to be ready for whatever," Whittaker said. "There's a couple of situations where I may get into the game. Obviously it's not for certain I'll get in, but whenever my number's called, I'll be ready and make sure I'm focused in on everything that's going on."

umm i think sine_cera is more in the loop with the browns organization than norv turner :P

#58 Ragnaroker

Ragnaroker

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

I'm all for speculatively adding players, but overhyping someone and flatly saying this is an RBBC now based on a report that says "There's a couple of situations I may get into the game..." is silly IMO. I love picking up players with upside, but lets not get carried away.
  • Sine_cera likes this

#59 kobe24

kobe24

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

I'm all for speculatively adding players, but overhyping someone and flatly saying this is an RBBC now based on a report that says "There's a couple of situations I may get into the game..." is silly IMO. I love picking up players with upside, but lets not get carried away.

i agree the rainey hype got out of control but this is rotoworld. i dont think fozzy has been getting a ridiculous amount of hype. and how is this backfield not a RBBC? obg played more snaps than mcgahee last week im pretty sure thats a timeshare

#60 Ragnaroker

Ragnaroker

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

i agree the rainey hype got out of control but this is rotoworld. i dont think fozzy has been getting a ridiculous amount of hype. and how is this backfield not a RBBC? obg played more snaps than mcgahee last week im pretty sure thats a timeshare

Sorry I thought an earlier post meant an RBBC with Fozzy involved, he must have just meant RBBC with Ooga Booga and McGahee. It would be great to see what he can do, I'd pick him up on name alone, I'm just not that confident he will see or do much. But hey what do I know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users