267 replies to this topic

#1 patentboy23

patentboy23

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

D Wade is coming off specialized knee surgery and his established top 5 fantasy value appears to be diminishing, yet undervalued. Can he return to his top 10 dominance? He just averaged a career high in FG% (.521) and finished 12th overall in 9 cat. I believe he had this surgical procedure, several years ago, and ended up leading the league in PPG. I certainly don't expect him to be shooting sub 75% at the FT line and his floor is steady. Deserves consideration at the 1/2 turn of drafts and one of the safest picks after the top 6. Some bumps, bruises, and missed games are expected but if playoff schedules are kept in mind, Wade is a nice value pick this year. '13-'14 season prediction: 20 PPG 5RPG 5 APG .8 3PM 1.5 SPG 1BPG 49% FG 75% FT 2.7 TOs 70 Games.

Edited by patentboy23, 29 August 2013 - 06:12 PM.

12 team h2h 12 cat (FGM, FTM, O Rebs, D Rebs)

PG- M. Conley, J. Lin

SG- Danny Green

SF- T. Jones, D. Carroll, D. Gallinari

PF- A. Davis, L. Aldridge, D. Nowitzki

C- A. Horford, D. Favors, R. Lopez

14 team h2h 9 cat

PG- R. Westbrook, R. Jackson

SG- D. Wade, J. Green, 

SF- P. Pierce, C. Brewer, Marcus Morris

PF- L. Aldridge, D. Nowitzki, D. West

C-  D. Favors, A. Bogut, J. Valanciunas

#2 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,053 posts
  • Interests:Stocks, fantasy sports and Real Estate investment....

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:57 PM

Good post. However, why would you think d wade would average .8 3 ptm per game? He hasnt averaged that many in a few seasons now. Also his numbers have declined each of the last 4 seasons (generally) and his blocks the lowest since 07-08. I dont think its safe and prudent to assume a block per contest from dwade any longer. I have him ranked around 18 or so next season and expect further declines in counting stats.

D Wade is coming off specialized knee surgery and his established top 5 fantasy value appears to be diminishing, yet undervalued. Can he return to his top 10 dominance? He just averaged a career high in FG% (.521) and finished 12th overall in 9 cat. I believe he had this surgical procedure, several years ago, and ended up leading the league in PPG. I certainly don't expect him to be shooting sub 75% at the FT line and his floor is steady. Deserves consideration at the 1/2 turn of drafts and one of the safest picks after the top 6. Some bumps, bruises, and missed games are expected but if playoff schedules are kept in mind, Wade is a nice value pick this year. '13-'14 season prediction: 20 PPG 5RPG 5 APG .8 3PM 1.5 SPG 1BPG 49% FG 75% FT 2.7 TOs 70 Games.

• young_styler likes this
EMBODYING & ADVOCATING FRIENDLY PHILOSOPHY SINCE 1978

#3 patentboy23

patentboy23

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:05 PM

Oh I wasn't aware .8 3PM was on the high side for Wade but rest of his line is pretty much guaranteed; 1BPG career average too. Another thing to consider Wade's anomalous 72 FT% last season hurt his value. Let him get that back up to 75% and he's back in the top 10. 18th overall on your board? To each his own I guess but I'm not sold on other options as my squad's centerpiece e.g. Batum, George, Kyrie, etc who will get drafted over him higher than Wade. With Wade, I know what I'm getting, including injury risk. No other guard is giving me an elite FG% and great steals/ blocks. He's a no brainer pick, when he's dropping to the 15-20 range.

Edited by patentboy23, 29 August 2013 - 11:08 PM.

PG- M. Conley, J. Lin

SG- Danny Green

14 team h2h 9 cat

SG- D. Wade, J. Green, 

#4 Sanjo16

Sanjo16

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:18 AM

I got him 23rd overall and a perfect fit to pair with dwight if you're punting ft% and 3PM

#5 jayreyd

jayreyd

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:11 AM

I got him 23rd overall and a perfect fit to pair with dwight if you're punting ft% and 3PM

23rd!!
I got my Landry Fields Raps jersey.... Do you?

#6 vnmslsrbms

vnmslsrbms

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:09 PM

Yeah 23rd is pretty low for him, even with injury risks and all. However, I'd say using career numbers to project a guy on the downslope of his career is most likely wrong, since defensive stats don't suddenly regenerate and find themselves again.

#7 fivkxpert

fivkxpert

Single-A

• Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:57 PM

Miami needs to bring in another quality SG instead of going after the biggest flop Greg Oden. If Greg Oden stays healthy the entire season I'll cut my neighbors grass for a month.

#8 deathrazor

deathrazor

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,389 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:59 AM

Nice combo! btw, Did you use your 6th pick on dwight?

#9 Sanjo16

Sanjo16

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:26 AM

Yes. Too low for wade in 23rd but too high for dwight in 6th right? Lol. I want to do the punting strategy this year..hope will work..

#10 LazyEngineer

LazyEngineer

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

Dwight / Wade is a nice combo. Won my league last year with them. You don't have to punt 3's as they can usually be found pretty cheaply. I tried to punt FT and Assist (and probably TOs). Thus, I loaded up on shooting guards when everyone else is overloading on point guards.

#11 Rbra4176

Rbra4176

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:35 AM

I'm in a 9 cat H2H league and I have a chance to pair up John Wall with Dwight Howard, but Dwayne Wade will also be available. Would you choose Wall or Wade? And why? Any advice would be much appreciated!

#12 EatPrayLove

EatPrayLove

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:55 AM

I'm in a 9 cat H2H league and I have a chance to pair up John Wall with Dwight Howard, but Dwayne Wade will also be available. Would you choose Wall or Wade? And why? Any advice would be much appreciated!

I'd go wall at this point, he has a higher ceiling and less injury risk.
  • Rbra4176 likes this

#13 Rbra4176

Rbra4176

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

Even though Wade's knees last year were a result of a bone bruise and not from wear and tear? He's fully healthy now and has also lost weight to help his body... Also, he hasn't ruled out opting out of his contract next summer, making this an important contract type year for him. There's just so many factors that make this a difficult decision. I really appreciate the input very much! More is always appreciated.

#14 EatPrayLove

EatPrayLove

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:49 PM

Even though Wade's knees last year were a result of a bone bruise and not from wear and tear? He's fully healthy now and has also lost weight to help his body... Also, he hasn't ruled out opting out of his contract next summer, making this an important contract type year for him. There's just so many factors that make this a difficult decision. I really appreciate the input very much! More is always appreciated.

Don't forget wade is on the downward slope of his career. As his athleticism diminishes, so will his stats especially steals, blocks and scoring.

#15 hipriest69

hipriest69

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:35 AM

I would go Wall. Can't afford having Wade miss games down the stretch while Wall is going bananas. Wall also gives you more assists, rebounds, stls, blks, and maybe even points this year...

#16 mathboy

mathboy

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:50 AM

Got him at 27, lol. As a Heat hater and someone who really tried to avoid drafting him, I just couldn't not get BPA at that spot.

#17 patentboy23

patentboy23

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

Stole Wade at 31st pick and def. think he has something to prove this year, after KD said he's not top 10. Really can't see Wade not being a top 5 SG this year esp. with his FT% being flukey last season.

PG- M. Conley, J. Lin

SG- Danny Green

14 team h2h 9 cat

SG- D. Wade, J. Green, 

#18 mathboy

mathboy

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

Agreed. I think his playoff performance is really affecting public perception of him

#19 Rbra4176

Rbra4176

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:33 AM

How many games do you guys predict he'll play this year? Isn't it a contract year for him, making it a really important year? Plus he lost weight this summer to help out his knee, but I'm unsure of how well that will actually help him.

#20 Sanjo16

Sanjo16

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:32 AM

hope he can make it to atleast 72-76

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users