Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Trade: Frank Gore for Andre Johnson or Roddy White

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 memoryosu

memoryosu

Single-A

• Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:18 AM

Having a bit of buyer's remorse in my 12 team 0.5 PPR League. I had the #1 pick and was paranoid
about drafting 2 RB's in my first 3 picks. Most of the elite WR's went off the board, I drafted
Larry Fitzgerald in the 2nd, and I struggled with taking either Reggie Bush or CJ2K in the 3rd, so
I went with Gore @ #25 since I was looking for consistency.  My roster ended up like this:
QB's: Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco
RB's: Adrian Peterson, Frank Gore, Darren Sproles, Ryan Mathews, Toby Gerhart (insurance for AP)
WR's: Larry Fitzgerald, Greg Jennings, Steve Johnson, DeAndre Hopkins, Denarius Moore
TE's: Antonio Gates, Heath Miller (picked him up after PIT activated)
We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/TE, 1 WR/RB, 1 K, 1 DEF
Given my depth at RB, was looking to beef up my weak WR core by trading Gore for either Roddy White or
Andre Johnson straight up. The sad thing is, I could've had either of them in the 3rd, but I made a pass.
The guy with Roddy has Arian Foster and Chris Ivory as his RB's with no starting backups (Ballard/Tate),
and has Kenny Britt, Steve Smith, Jordy Nelson, Santana Moss as his WR's.
Meanwhile the guy with Andre has ALF and Shane Vereen as his starting RB's w/ Redman and Moreno as his backups.
His WR's: Dez Bryant, Andre Johnson, Vincent Jackson, Antonio Brown
Would you keep Gore and roll as-is, or would you trade for White or Johnson? Which of the two do you prefer?