Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Stephen Hill 2013 OutlookThey have to throw to someone...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 GronkyKong

GronkyKong

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:04 PM

Anyone at least keeping an eye on him to start the season? No doubt the physical tools are there. Plus a non-Sanchez QB can only help, right?

#2 Dr.Funktopus

Dr.Funktopus

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

Haha, Im going through this exact thoughts, I cannot figure it out for the life of me if he is worth stashing or parting ways so I can snag Crabtree and throw him in my IR spot (its a keeper league).

This guy has a HIgh Ceiling and a Very very low floor. He is the next G-Tech product to be something I think one day (Lineage includes Megatron and Optimus Prime, aka Calvin and Demaryius). But like those two, was a big receiver for blocking in the triple option...

Once he learns the game (re: stops being a mental nightmare when it comes to drop passes and personal fouls) he will be something. But can he be something now?? I am beginning to really doubt it...

Holmes is back; Cotchery is clearly the guy Mornhinweg (sp?) trusts the most and coming out of the slot is still the second guy to have; Geno starting -- all of these things point to a time to pass. But if he played in a better situation, I could see him having tremondous stats.

Unfortunately, I think he is a year or two away from ever being considered a WR to put in a Starting Roster. Right now, I consider Quinton Patton, Kenny Stills and potentially the likes of Markus Wheaton, Patrick Edwards and Marlon Brown over him as far as sleeper/flier appeal goes...

Thoughts?
I Be On My Suit & TY
12 Team Auction Keeper League - 0.5 per Reception:

QB: Peyton Manning

RBs: Matt Forte, Eddie Lacy
WRs: Demaryius Thomas (K), Keenan Allen, T.Y. Hilton (K)
TE: Vernon Davis
Flex: Kendall Wright
K: Blair Walsh
Def: St. Louis Rams
Bench: Jordan Reed, Riley Cooper, Steven Jackson
Michael Crabtree, DeAngelo Williams, Jordan Todman

#3 bdams19

bdams19

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

View PostDr.Funktopus, on 04 September 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

Thoughts?

first thought is that cotchery is on the steelers

#4 nonstopfan

nonstopfan

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:28 PM

Lol @bdams..Seriously, these are the Jets. The only way they will win is with their defense and a steady running game. I honestly cant see them having any fantasy relevant WR's on their team. If you want to take a flier on someone, I would much rather have Holmes after week 1. Supposedly, he's visiting an island in week 1 and wont be available for targets. Revis is going to make Holmes look so bad that Holmes momma is going to have to call Revis and tell him to stop picking on her son.

Edited by nonstopfan, 04 September 2013 - 03:31 PM.

#5 usurpedus

usurpedus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:34 AM

they're gonna be down a lot. I'm sure he'll have just enough good games to get you to pick him up and start him, only to underperform and make you want to harm yourself.

having said that, he's on my radar
12 team auction keeper league high stakes

qb: brees tannehill
rb: forte vereen thomas sproles
wr: jeffrey garcon gordon harvin moore
te: cook eiffert
k: bryant bironas
dst: bal cle

#6 FouLLine

FouLLine

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,525 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:38 AM

He's at the top of my watch list.

#7 The King Maker

The King Maker

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:17 AM

As a Jets fan, I hyped him up last year, because there was a rating system that said his tools were only seen twice before, (moss and megatron), and he fell flat on his face.  But a large number of that, was due to Sanchez and Sparano, and the fact that he dropped passes in some big spots.

But his stats should've been much better.  If you watch tapes, he's wide open a lot more than his numbers would suggest, but Sanchez never went to him at all.  Just for examples (easy to find since both resulted in INTs), in the game against Seattle last year, Hill is wide open jumping up and down in the endzone, Sanchez pump faked to him (for no reason), then threw an INT trying to hit a sideline throw to Keller.  Any other QB, and thats a TD for Hill.  In the first NE game, Hill beats his man by about 10 yards, Sanchez throws an absolute duck that falls about 10 yards short of where Hill was standing when Sanchez started the throw.  The DB coasts under it like a punt and intercepts it.  But then he got hurt also, and Sanchez all but ignored him.

Geno throws a much better deep pass, and Marty Moreningway throws at a 60/40 split for the past few years even with a stud like McCoy at his disposal.  And they threw a lot in the preseason as well.  The offense, just from anecdotal evidence, is miles ahead of where the offense was last year.  Last year, they scored one touchdown all preseason I believe, but they were ranked top 5 so far this preseason.  And just from watching, you see a lot of throws and WRs running open that you just didn't see in year's past.  

I think he's a sleeper, but obviously with the Jets, they don't have an explosive offense and Geno is a wildcard.  But from training camp and preseason, there has been pretty good chatter that the two do have some chemistry together.

#8 usurpedus

usurpedus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:21 AM

sucking us back in, gluttons for punishment
12 team auction keeper league high stakes

qb: brees tannehill
rb: forte vereen thomas sproles
wr: jeffrey garcon gordon harvin moore
te: cook eiffert
k: bryant bironas
dst: bal cle

#9 lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u

On the Ballot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:35 AM

They don't even have anyone to throw him the ball :(
*12 TEAM - 1pt PPR *

QB - T. ROMO - M. VICK

RB - D.MARTIN - R.BUSH - A.BROWN

WR - D. BOWE - P.GARCON - A. BROWN

WR - J. BLACKMON -  J. GORDON - T. AUSTIN

TE - G.OLSEN - J. FINLEY

#10 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:06 AM

shame the panthers don't trade for him.

or the 9ers (they fix headcases)

#11 The King Maker

The King Maker

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:38 AM

So far, he seems much improved.  Not dropping nearly as many balls, and Smith seems to look for him on a consistent basis as the deep threat in the offense.

#12 mjb03003

mjb03003

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,431 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:46 AM

I think these need to be merged... http://forums.rotowo...ic=359430&st=20

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users