Jump to content

Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

* * * * * 1 votes

Caleb Sturgis 2013 Season Outlook


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 NWS Alpine

NWS Alpine

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

With Miami's ability to stall in the redzone and the leg of this rookie kicker I think he will be one to keep. Great first game splitting the uprights with ease.

#2 bgibson8708

bgibson8708

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

Agreed, 9/9 in preseason including a 58 yarder, 3/3 today with 2 from 40+, looks like this years Zuerlien.
2012 Best Damn FFL Champion

Current Team (4-4)
12 Team - Standard/All TD's 6 pts
QB - Brees
Hb- Charles, Mccoy, Mjd, A. Brown, Starks
Wr - VJax , Garcon, Roddy, Crabtree
TE- Lewis/Heath Miller

I/R - Jordan Reed.

#3 Sine_cera

Sine_cera

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,786 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

He's not getting much attention but he kicked another 40+ FG and another 50+ FG today. He now already has three 40+ and two 50+ FG's on the season. And the Dolphins offense isn't that bad at all.
"There's nothing more interesting than your own rotisserie team and nothing less interesting than someone else's." - Daniel Okrent

"If you challenge the conventional wisdom, you will find ways to do things much better than they are currently done." - Bill James




.

#4 Nefarious Industrialist

Nefarious Industrialist

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

View PostSine_cera, on 22 September 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

He's not getting much attention but he kicked another 40+ FG and another 50+ FG today. He now already has three 40+ and two 50+ FG's on the season. And the Dolphins offense isn't that bad at all.
Plus the defense is pretty good, keeping games close.  Rather have this guy than Legatron, who becomes a nonfactor whenever they're getting blown out.
$20 YPro Roto

C  Some chubby guy
1B Big lefty dude
2B That short guy
3B Some Dominican guy
SS Another short guy
OF Somebody awesome
OF Somebody slightly less awesome
OF A speedy f*cker
U  Another fat guy
U Another lefty
Bn Nobody important

SP 2 really good guys and a bunch of clowns
RP waiver dudes

#5 bgibson8708

bgibson8708

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

Rams offense can't sniff the other side of the 50 to get into Greg's range. I'm going to try and get Sturgis off waivers this week. He's the real deal. Every kick goes right down the middle.
2012 Best Damn FFL Champion

Current Team (4-4)
12 Team - Standard/All TD's 6 pts
QB - Brees
Hb- Charles, Mccoy, Mjd, A. Brown, Starks
Wr - VJax , Garcon, Roddy, Crabtree
TE- Lewis/Heath Miller

I/R - Jordan Reed.

#6 NinjaNight

NinjaNight

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

You guys think he'll be better than Justin Tucker this year? Both available in free agency.

#7 NWS Alpine

NWS Alpine

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

He has a huge leg and pipes it down the middle every time. They tried to ice him and he knocked it down the middle twice form 50+ in week two. We need to find a nickname for him.

Caleb "The Club" Sturgis

#8 Andyk803

Andyk803

    Veteran

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:15 AM

Goodbye Legatron

Hello Swaggy C!

#9 lolcopter

lolcopter

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

sturgis ain't nervous

this guy is legit

#10 keep it ONE hunnid

keep it ONE hunnid

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

Just added him. Thanks I had no idea who this guy is

#11 Hurt Reynolds

Hurt Reynolds

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

The new Legatron!

There seem to be a trend of rookie kickers dominating the NFL!

#12 Shake

Shake

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

This guy intrigues me, but his matchup next week against the Saints isn't that good by the numbers. The saints haven't allowed a lot of points to kickers, and if they pull out in front of Miami by a good margin it's not going to matter how good this kicker is. Then again who knows maybe he drops 4 FGs next week. Kickers are my kryptonite, it seems.

#13 CooL

CooL

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:17 AM

Picking a kicker is completely random.  Legatron has a big leg, but if his team blows, then he's a 1 pointer.  Sturgis offense stalls, he gets to kick a lot.  But if Miami is humming, then all you get are TDs.

Anybody who claims to know that a team's offense will move the ball just enough to get into field goal range but then not far enough to score a TD is blowing smoke.  

All we really do when picking and dropping kickers is chasing points.  Pick a kicker on a good offense and hope for the best.  Personally I wish I had drafted Prater... Always going to be points in a Peyton Manning offense.

#14 Guile

Guile

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

View PostCooL, on 24 September 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

Picking a kicker is completely random.  Legatron has a big leg, but if his team blows, then he's a 1 pointer.  Sturgis offense stalls, he gets to kick a lot.  But if Miami is humming, then all you get are TDs.

Anybody who claims to know that a team's offense will move the ball just enough to get into field goal range but then not far enough to score a TD is blowing smoke.  

All we really do when picking and dropping kickers is chasing points.  Pick a kicker on a good offense and hope for the best.  Personally I wish I had drafted Prater... Always going to be points in a Peyton Manning offense.

I completely agree. The minute someone picks up the latest stud kickers, he'll put up 1 or 2 points. It's always best to go with a kicker on a good offense.
Record: 9-2 (12 Team non-ppr; 8th pick overall, 6pt passing td/-3 int)

QB: Romo (9th Rd)

RB1 Charles (1st Rd)
RB2: **M. Lynch
FLEX: *Gio Bernard (T)

WR1: Dez (2nd)
WR2: K. Allen (W)

*TE J. Thomas (T)

Def: Seahawks
K: A. Vinatieri
Bench: *SJax, A. Dobson, Sproles, P. Harvin, N. Foles, J. Cook

*Trade 0ct 2nd: DMC/Wilson/Roddy for Gio/Sjax/J. Thomas
** Traded Nov 8th: Jordy/Gonzo/Jeffery/M. James for Lynch/J. Cook/Seahawks D
(Gonzo/Jeffery/James were all bench players)

#15 INFRARED 6

INFRARED 6

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

CaLEG Sturgis

Posted Image

CaLEG > Legatron. Legatron proved his futility as he choked last half of last season. He doesn't have it in him. We must move on. CaLEG is the future.

Edited by WeSC 91, 25 September 2013 - 08:15 PM.


#16 squirtlepk

squirtlepk

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

Caleb Sturgeon

#17 BurgundyBooger

BurgundyBooger

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

Don't fail me like Greg failed me, Caleb.

#18 lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u

    On the Ballot

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:TENNESSEE

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

Caleb Strugatron
*12 TEAM - 1pt PPR *

QB - T. ROMO - M. VICK

RB - D.MARTIN - R.BUSH - A.BROWN

WR - D. BOWE - P.GARCON - A. BROWN

WR - J. BLACKMON -  J. GORDON - T. AUSTIN

TE - G.OLSEN - J. FINLEY

#19 Brol79

Brol79

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,709 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NY

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

View PostGuile, on 25 September 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

View PostCooL, on 24 September 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

Picking a kicker is completely random.  Legatron has a big leg, but if his team blows, then he's a 1 pointer.  Sturgis offense stalls, he gets to kick a lot.  But if Miami is humming, then all you get are TDs.

Anybody who claims to know that a team's offense will move the ball just enough to get into field goal range but then not far enough to score a TD is blowing smoke.  

All we really do when picking and dropping kickers is chasing points.  Pick a kicker on a good offense and hope for the best.  Personally I wish I had drafted Prater... Always going to be points in a Peyton Manning offense.

I completely agree. The minute someone picks up the latest stud kickers, he'll put up 1 or 2 points. It's always best to go with a kicker on a good offense.
same here. I have mason Crosby in one league and Prater in another. Always the best bets for points every week.
12 team 5x5

C- Santana
1B- Cron
2B- Kinsler
3B- Machado
SS-  Desmond
OF- Jones, Cargo, Harper
Util- J.D. Martinez, Gardner
BN-zobrist

SP- Darvish, MadBum, Minor, Cobb, A. Wood, Arrieta, Verlander Cashner, Santana, Miley
RP- Rondon, Feliz, Britton

#20 NinjaNight

NinjaNight

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

View PostBurgundyBooger, on 25 September 2013 - 09:12 PM, said:

Don't fail me like Greg failed me, Caleb.

The Leg did not fail you. The Leg cannot fail. St. Louis failed you my man.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users