Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

2013-2014 Fantasy Basketball Sleepers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
204 replies to this topic

#101 taco123

taco123

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

then get drummond and dwight as well.... sheeet

12-team H2H 9-cat

PG: Stephen Curry, Ricky Rubio, Issiah Thomas

SG: Jimmy Butler, Tyreke Evans

SF: Dirk Nowitzki, Nic Batum, 

PF: David Lee, Tobias Harris

C:  Robin Lopez

Bench: Steven Adams, Iguodala, Kelly Olynyk

#102 Phina11y

Phina11y

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,456 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

Drummond, Henson, McGee, Hickson, Butler, Waiters, Turner, Harris, Aminu, Carter-Williams, Hawes, Harkless, Olynyk

12 Team Yahoo H2H Daily MLB $ Redraft League 1st Place Champion (R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, QS)

C D. Mesoraco
1B A. Gonzalez
2B D. Ackley
3B T. Frazier
SS M. Betts
OF M. Trout
OF J. Upton
OF C. Dickerson
Util C. Carter (1B/OF), J. Soler
SP S. Strasburg, G. Cole, Y. Ventura,
M. Pineda, M. Shoemaker, I. Kennedy, Y. Gallardo, J. Quintana, M. Stroman, K. Gausman, K. Hendricks, Y. Petit, T. Matzek
RP G. Holland, C. Allen
R.I.P. J. Fernandez, G. Richards, M. Harvey, J. Rollins

#103 Now_I_Know

Now_I_Know

On the Ballot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

isaiah thomas - people writing him off because of greivis vasquez, but i feel the starting job is his 2 lose

kyle lowry - started off last season putting up 1st-round stats before getting injured and falling into a time-share...the motivation 2 get back to that should be there

jrue holiday - dont know how i got him with the 58th overall pick, but hes easily top 50 in my book

zach randolph - i think he may be back to 20-10 zach, got him in the 7th round

danny granger - this dude was a 1st rounder at one point. i like his game and he's only 30 years old with somethin to prove and a paycheck to chase. got him with my 106th pick, which i think is low risk-extremely high reward

anderson varaejo - he put up 14-14 last year and ended up the 12th best player in fantasy..does bynum really lower his stalk to the point where he should be ranked 119 by yahoo? shieeet, they could even play together ala Bynum-Gasol, with varaejo being PF eligible and all.. pretty crazy to me

kobe bryant - sleeper of the year....still gunna put up 1st round value and is going in 4th rounds on average. insanity. i picked him at 15, which some might feel is a reach, but i feel will be a bargain.

Edited by Now_I_Know, 15 October 2013 - 05:08 PM.

------------------------------------------
Yahoo! 12-Team H2H Standard Cat League:
PG Kyle Lowry...Trey Burke/Jrue Holiday*
SG Stephen Curry...Kobe Bryant*

SF Josh Smith...Gordan Hayward/Tobias Harris
PF Jared Sullinger...John Henson*

C Nikola Vucevic...Andrew Bogut*/Nikola Pekovic*
Yahoo! 8-Team H2H FG% FT% 3PM PTS REB AST ST BLK DD League:
PG Deron Williams...Kyle Lowry/Mike Conley*
SG Goran Dragic...Kobe Bryant*
SF Chandler Parson...
Ersan Ilyasova/Kevin Martin*
PF Kevin Love...Serge Ibaka/John Henson*
C Blake Griffin...Jonas Valuncunius/Anderson Varejo*

#104 Shane-O

Shane-O

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

isaiah thomas - people writing him off because of greivis vasquez, but i feel the starting job is his 2 lose

kyle lowry - started off last season putting up 1st-round stats before getting injured and falling into a time-share...the motivation 2 get back to that should be there

jrue holiday - dont know how i got him with the 58th overall pick, but hes easily top 50 in my book

danny granger - this dude was a 1st rounder at one point. i like his game and he's only 30 years old with somethin to prove and a paycheck to chase. got him with my 106th pick, which i think is low risk-extremely high reward

anderson varaejo - he put up 14-14 last year and ended up the 12th best player in fantasy..does bynum really lower his stalk to the point where he should be ranked 119 by yahoo? shieeet, they could even play together ala Bynum-Gasol, with varaejo being PF eligible and all.. pretty crazy to me

kobe bryant - sleeper of the year....still gunna put up 1st round value and is going in 4th rounds on average. insanity. i picked him at 15, which some might feel is a reach, but i feel will be a bargain.

How is Kobe at 15 a bargin? At best he will give you top ten production, likely in the 8-10 range. That isn't a bargin at all especially when you could have got him in the 3rd or 4th round. Varaejo is still hurt, like almost every year and the Cavs have a logjam at the PF position. Granger is done. Watch hoe he moves in the preseason. Some players don't have the skill to continue putting up all star numbers once they lose their athleticism. Z Bo will never be 20 and 10 again. His team doesn't need that from him, nore will Memphis give him the looks they use to.... Unless they play Blake Griffin every night. Other than that I like your sleepers.

#105 Phina11y

Phina11y

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,456 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

Drummond, Henson, McGee, Hickson, Butler, Waiters, Turner, Harris, Aminu, Carter-Williams, Hawes, Harkless, Olynyk

I forgot to say my league has FTM instead of FT% and also double-doubles haha

adding to my list: Reggie Jackson, Terrence Jones, Patrick Beverly, Jared Dudley, Terrence Ross, Kenneth Faried, Kidd-Gilchrist

also I was saying Jimmy Butler and Tobias Harris if you were wondering!!

12 Team Yahoo H2H Daily MLB $ Redraft League 1st Place Champion (R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, QS)

C D. Mesoraco
1B A. Gonzalez
2B D. Ackley
3B T. Frazier
SS M. Betts
OF M. Trout
OF J. Upton
OF C. Dickerson
Util C. Carter (1B/OF), J. Soler
SP S. Strasburg, G. Cole, Y. Ventura,
M. Pineda, M. Shoemaker, I. Kennedy, Y. Gallardo, J. Quintana, M. Stroman, K. Gausman, K. Hendricks, Y. Petit, T. Matzek
RP G. Holland, C. Allen
R.I.P. J. Fernandez, G. Richards, M. Harvey, J. Rollins

#106 Now_I_Know

Now_I_Know

On the Ballot

• Banned
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

How is Kobe at 15 a bargin? At best he will give you top ten production, likely in the 8-10 range. That isn't a bargin at all especially when you could have got him in the 3rd or 4th round. Varaejo is still hurt, like almost every year and the Cavs have a logjam at the PF position. Granger is done. Watch hoe he moves in the preseason. Some players don't have the skill to continue putting up all star numbers once they lose their athleticism. Z Bo will never be 20 and 10 again. His team doesn't need that from him, nore will Memphis give him the looks they use to.... Unless they play Blake Griffin every night. Other than that I like your sleepers.

i know some1 else in my league woulda scooped kobe in the 2nd round, so i went for it...i think he will return top 10 value, once again, and getting a top 10 at 15 is a bargain, whether current market value is lower or not.

SF Chandler Parson...

#107 EatPrayLove

EatPrayLove

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:48 AM

i know some1 else in my league woulda scooped kobe in the 2nd round, so i went for it...i think he will return top 10 value, once again, and getting a top 10 at 15 is a bargain, whether current market value is lower or not.

1st round value off a torn achillies? You trippin.

#108 taco123

taco123

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

yeah i dont think so either

12-team H2H 9-cat

PG: Stephen Curry, Ricky Rubio, Issiah Thomas

SG: Jimmy Butler, Tyreke Evans

SF: Dirk Nowitzki, Nic Batum, 

PF: David Lee, Tobias Harris

C:  Robin Lopez

Bench: Steven Adams, Iguodala, Kelly Olynyk

#109 patrick_chewing

patrick_chewing

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:23 AM

demar derozan - has potential to be a superstar this year. he is playing great in preseason and has worked hard on developing a 3 ball. I think he will smash his surprisingly low adp
12 Team H2H 9 Cat

Monta Ellis
Goran Dragic
Trey Burke
Lance Stephenson
Victor Oladipo
Demar Derozan
Paul Pierce
Anthony Davis
Brook Lopez
Robin Lopez
Miles Plumlee
Brendan Wright
JR Smith

IR: Marc Gasol

#110 stretchmcgee

stretchmcgee

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

Kelly Olynyk will get all he can eat in boston this year and looked very impressive in summer leagues.
Stretchmcgee
Ex Online Poker Superstar & Fantasy Football Pro
[url="http://forum.swollyourrollsports.com/"]http://forum.swollyourrollsports.com/[/url]

#111 Now_I_Know

Now_I_Know

On the Ballot

• Banned
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

1st round value off a torn achillies? You trippin.

i guess kobe doesnt have the will-power of dominique wilkins

hop off, brobro

SF Chandler Parson...

#112 DrGonzo

DrGonzo

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:28 AM

If anyone can do it it'll be Kobe but it will be tough for him to regain last season's form.

Back to sleepers - I don't think Terrence Ross has been mentioned. He showed some good potential last season but never really got it going. Does anyone think he is a chance this season?

#113 LuN

LuN

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:34 AM

Ross is inconsistent and playing behind Demar. He doesn't look like a good player imo and is missing a lot in his game

#114 Acre

Acre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

My sleepers -

Kyle Korver - He quite easily has a shot of repeating the same line as last year, Lou Williams was reportedly "nowhere near returning" and even when he does return, Korver would likely get more burn at SF than Demarre Carroll. Behind Korver/Carroll is little competition, and Korver is still unowned in the majority of leagues/undrafted. Pickup up 10.5 pts, 2.5 3's and 4 boards a game with solid percentages (elite FT, even if he hardly gets to the line) from a shooting guard off the wire or deep in a draft is huge.

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist- Not a surprise pick by any means, a lot of people are targeting MKG late in drafts due to his potential for a steal and block a game with good percentages. Going to wind up with some serious value, still only 20% owned in ESPN leagues.

Kelly Olynyk - I love the situation. The Celtics are likely in tank mode, Sullinger and Olynyk are their young bigs, only a rapidly declining post-Kardashian Kris Humphries and some foul trouble really stands in the way of Olynyk. If he can avoid foul trouble, 10 and 7 with great big man percentages is the floor for him.

John Henson - I love Henson, but he's cock blocked by the current incumbents. The possibility of Ersan starting the season hurt makes Henson valuable as he'll be a double double guy once he gets starter minutes, though he will hurt your FT%.

Donatas Motiejunas - Terrance Jones is the projected starter but he has been completely outplayed by Motiejunas in the pre-season, and Motiejunas' game may simply have more value to the Rockets on the floor. While Asik and Howard both being on the same team might raise the alarms, power forward minutes likely won't be soaked up by either, and Motiejunas could run away with the starting job, providing moderate rebounds with decent big man %'s and a spattering of 3PM and points.

Randy Foye - Foye is a sneaky pick as he's one of the few (almost) completely ignored starting 2s. On the Nuggets playing with Lawson, Foye could quite easily increase his assist tally and three pointers, a repeat of 2.2 3PM is in easy grasp, hopefully with an increased FG%.

Al-farouq Aminu - AFA is big, 6'9-6'10, and as such will provide elite rebounds from the SF position, however with Tyreke Evans now a Pelican, the minutes that allowed him to produce 7.7 rebounds and 1.2 steals a game will be much fewer once Eric Gordon is healthy - but who knows when that will be. Could be an early season performer that will help out steals and boards, solid %.

Earl Clark - Has a chance to remain at starting small forward for the Cavs as they make a push for the playoffs. He's had some trouble in the preseason so far, but if he can gain his footing playing small forward (his stretch of relevancy last year had him plugged in at the 4), he could be a sneaky acquisition with the potential for 10 pts, 5 boards and a block a game, and good FT%.

Royce White - Deep sleeper obviously. On the blown up Sixers who only really have Hawes in the frontcourt until Noel is healthy, he could get some playing time. White has talent, there's no denying that, and he could quite easily contribute over 2.5 assists from the PF position with great percentages, solid boards, and ~10 pts a game. Will his "anxiety" problems return? Who knows. While not someone to draft just yet, wait and see if he secures the starting job over Lavoy Allen, or if he starts getting some minutes in action, the numbers should follow.

Greg Stiemsma - Anyone with the capability to throw up massive block numbers will always raise an eyebrow, and Stiemsma can do it without hurting percentages, but provides little else. In deep leagues he could be worth a gamble, but whether he'll stay on the floor - due to foul trouble, or just riding the bench in favor of Ryan Anderson - remains to be seen.
12-team, 7 keeper league

C - Wilson Ramos
1B - Kennys Vargas
CI - Jose Abreu
2B - Dee Gordon
SS - Ian Desmond
MI - Danny Santana
3B - Josh Donaldson
OF - Adam Jones, Starling Marte, Christian Yelich, Nori Aoki, Lucas Duda, Michael Cuddyer
Bench - Brock Holt

SP - Wainwright, Teheran, Gray, Richards, Cobb, Arrieta, Roark, Fiers
RP - Casilla, Feliz, Mejia

DL - Goldschmidt and Matt Harvey

#115 Buckets150

Buckets150

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:02 AM

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring and add James Anderson of the 76ers. He is the only shooter the Sixers have. If Randy Foye is a sleeper choice than u have to include James Anderson

#116 EatPrayLove

EatPrayLove

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:55 AM

Steve Adams did well today, could be a sleeper given his only competition is Perkins and Thabeet.

#117 Riedle9

Riedle9

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:02 AM

Motiejunas, James Anderson, Jordan HillJohn Henson, Nick Young, Burks, Wroten

14 teams 12 cats roto

PG) Lowry, Jeff Teague, Beverley

SG/SF) Kyle Korver, Terence Ross, CJ Miles, Avery Bradley

PF/C) Cousins, Favors, Jonas Valanciunas, Adams, Kanter, Mozgov

#118 rocko

rocko

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:27 AM

SpencerHawes. Bank on it.

30+ mpg, 14/9/3/2 blocks/1 three/45%fg/78%ft

shhhhhh

I'm with you

#119 xellosdax

xellosdax

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:13 AM

Jared Sullinger. 13/8 guy with good % and gives you 3's for a big. I think .7 3ptm seems about right.

Patrick Beverley. He'll play alongside Lin when the Rockets go small. I think he'll be the starting pg by the 2nd half of the season.

Royce White.. I can feel it. :-)

Edited by xellosdax, 18 October 2013 - 06:14 AM.

#120 injury

injury

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:55 AM

I forgot to say my league has FTM instead of FT% and also double-doubles haha

adding to my list: Reggie Jackson, Terrence Jones, Patrick Beverly, Jared Dudley, Terrence Ross, Kenneth Faried, Kidd-Gilchrist

also I was saying Jimmy Butler and Tobias Harris if you were wondering!!

Great list...coudlnt agree with you more if I tried...

I got Reggie Jackson, Caron Butler and John Henson in our "leftovers" non keepers portion of the draft this year (and George Hill who I had to let go last year :(....In a league with 11 keepers, these all look to be good value picks for me....especially becasue I have Westy on my bench for awhile...

Lifetime record in fantasy basketball...18 championships and 1 runner up in 19 total attempts at the end of 2013-2014 season.

12 Team.15 players (11 start) H2H-Keeper League: FG%, FT, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO
Team ONE
PG Jeff Teague, Russell Westbrook
PG/SG Monta Ellis, Goran Dragic
SG/SF C.J. Miles

SF Jabari Parker; Otto Porter Jr.
SF/PF Josh Smith; Carmelo Anthony
PF/C Serge Ilbaka, Paul Milsap, Greg Monroe; Anderson Varejao; Omer Asek
C-Marc Gasol