• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 redaktor

redaktor

Just Drafted

• Probationary Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:54 AM

I'm in an open pool with a salary cap, and I need 4-5 forwards whose salary is $1 million or less. We start fresh each year, so I'm only concerned with 2013-14. Just goals and assists, no plus/minus, PIM, etc. I'm inclined to rank these three highest:

Huberdeau
Landeskog
Yakupov

Others I'm looking at:
Nugent-Hopkins (could start him on reserve)
Saad
Silfverberg
Gallagher
Galchenyuk
Tarasenko
Drouin (though I generally avoid rookies)

Which 5 would you take? Am I overlooking anyone?

Also, I need 3 defencemen under $1 million. Justin Schultz is an obvious choice, but which 2 would you pick among these?

Gardiner
Hamilton
Faulk
Brodin
Other?

#2 gdon

gdon

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:52 AM

I would flip your top three.  Yak, Landeskog, Huberdeau.    Tarasenko is worth a look and RNH will miss a month so keep that in mind, but I would take him from Nov-Apr. over the other guys on the list.   As for D... Brodin is the best on that list.  The other three have questions about how much playing time they will get.  Maybe look at Wiercoch in Ottawa (not sure what his salary is) or Sbisa on Anaheim.  IF neither of them qualify salary-wise then I would take Hamilton over GArdiner and FAulk

#3 redaktor

redaktor

Just Drafted

• Probationary Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:30 AM

gdon, thanks indeed for the input. Yes, I'm looking at Wiercioch, who's not much more expensive (1.1 million). I hear you about limited playing time for the young d-men. At the moment, I'm most doubtful about Hamilton, because of Boston's depth. Hopefully the situation will be a little clearer by the end of training camp. I agree that Brodin will log the minutes, but I think his offensive upside is limited. Decisions ...

#4 League Pass

League Pass

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:39 AM

Brodin should recieve the most min of the bunch... but i would go Shultz, Gardiner and Faulk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users