53 replies to this topic

#1 RafiBomb

RafiBomb

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

If Steven Jackson were to miss some time do you think he is a must add? What production do you see from him? I honestly believe that he won't manage to do much as he has been underwhelming this season and even last. I think the offense will just opt to air it out even more. Don't forget the fact that Jason Snelling will vulture the goal line carries.
12 Team Standard Scoring
Lineup
QB: Nick Foles
WR1: Pierre Garcon
WR2: DeSean Jackson
RB1: Matt Forte
RB2: Alfred Morris
TE: Jordan Reed
FLEX: Josh Gordon / Andre Brown
K: Legatron
D/ST: Kansas City Chiefs
Bench
Texans Defense, Delanie Walker, Bobby Rainey, Andre Ellington, Percy Harvin , Ladarius Green

Fantasy Basketball 10-Team 9-Category
PG: Ricky Rubio, Damian Lillard, Kyle Lowry
SG: Monta Ellis, Lance Stephenson, Victor Oladipo
SF: Carmelo Anthony, Thaddeus Young,
PF: Anthony Davis, John Henson, Channing Frye
C: Nikola Vucevic, Marcin Gortat

#2 mrquint

mrquint

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Interests:Opiates

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

He might be worth a shot if you need depth, but I'd hate to have to start him.

#3 Orion Braun

Orion Braun

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

Jackson supposed to be out 2-4 weeks with the thigh injury. Thoughts on the ATL RB situation going forward? Snelling obviously appears to be a better fit for the mold of Steven Jackson, but do they switch up the game plan to accommodate Rodgers' style?
No one cares about my teams...

#4 96mnc

96mnc

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

Jackson supposed to be out 2-4 weeks with the thigh injury. Thoughts on the ATL RB situation going forward? Snelling obviously appears to be a better fit for the mold of Steven Jackson, but do they switch up the game plan to accommodate Rodgers' style?

RBBC with Snelling getting the goalline work.

#5 Sine_cera

Sine_cera

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,679 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:29 PM

I'd rather have Snelling. I had Rodgers last season and he did not impress at all. And this Falcons' OL isn't what it used to be. Snelling is more suited as the goalline back so I'll roll the dice with him.
"There's nothing more interesting than your own rotisserie team and nothing less interesting than someone else's." - Daniel Okrent

"If you challenge the conventional wisdom, you will find ways to do things much better than they are currently done." - Bill James

#6 financewonk

financewonk

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

Yea, I'm thinking that Quiz should be an okay flex in PPR. If I had to pick one for standard leagues, then it would probably be Snelling.
12-team - H2H - 5X5 - Limited Keeper

C- Jonathan Lucroy
1B- Paul Goldschmidt
2B- Ian Kinsler
SS- Andrelton Simmons
3B- Miguel Cabrera
OF- Mike Trout, Adam Jones, Alex Gordon
UTL- Yasiel Puig
Bench- Kyle Seager, Eric Hosmer, Dexter Fowler

SP- Chris Sale, James Shields, Matt Moore, Matt Garza, Jose Fernandez
RP- Greg Holland, Danny Farquhar
Bench- Tim Lincecum, Jarrod Parker, Gerrit Cole, Anibal Sanchez

#7 Orion Braun

Orion Braun

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

Yea, I'm thinking that Quiz should be an okay flex in PPR. If I had to pick one for standard leagues, then it would probably be Snelling.

Let's remember that the guy had the 4th most receptions for an RB last season as the clear backup for Michael Turner. He had 4 receptions yesterday after Jackson went down. While we don't know exactly what kind of split this will be, I don't doubt that Quizz will have real value in PPR leagues. Even if it's a complete timeshare with Snelling - which I am not sure it is considering the split (11 carries for Quizz, 2 for Snelling) that was given last week - Rodgers can have 10+ carries for 35-40 yards, plus 4-5 catches for 40 yards with the occasional TD. I see him having a floor of 10 points per week in PPR.

The guy is only 23 - I am sure we haven't seen his ceiling yet.

#8 WakaJawaka

WakaJawaka

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:03 PM

Not spending any FAAB on him at all. If I had to guess, I'd say Jackson being out benefits the WRs more than Rodgers, who's never once shown to be a capable NFL back.

#9 ss3walkman

ss3walkman

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,015 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

Not spending any FAAB on him at all. If I had to guess, I'd say Jackson being out benefits the WRs more than Rodgers, who's never once shown to be a capable NFL back.

All about opportunity. He has that.
THE UNIT

QB: Brady
RB: McCoy, Forte
WR: Gordon, Brown, Patterson, Cooks, Hunter
TE: Rudolph, Ertz
DEF: Rams
K: Bryant

"The shadows betray you because they belong to me"

#10 financewonk

financewonk

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

Let's remember that the guy had the 4th most receptions for an RB last season as the clear backup for Michael Turner. He had 4 receptions yesterday after Jackson went down. While we don't know exactly what kind of split this will be, I don't doubt that Quizz will have real value in PPR leagues. Even if it's a complete timeshare with Snelling - which I am not sure it is considering the split (11 carries for Quizz, 2 for Snelling) that was given last week - Rodgers can have 10+ carries for 35-40 yards, plus 4-5 catches for 40 yards with the occasional TD. I see him having a floor of 10 points per week in PPR.

The guy is only 23 - I am sure we haven't seen his ceiling yet.

He gets swallowed up on plays between the tackles, so I would guess that most of those will go to Snelling. I think that Quizz is a clear pick up in PPR, but I don't know that either of them are great plays in standard leagues. I feel like with Snelling you're gambling on a goal line carry, and with Quizz you are looking at like 6 points unless he breaks a 10+ yarder for a TD. But 10 points seems like Quizz's floor in PPR, and hence he's a decent flex while SJax is out.

C- Jonathan Lucroy
1B- Paul Goldschmidt
2B- Ian Kinsler
SS- Andrelton Simmons
3B- Miguel Cabrera
UTL- Yasiel Puig

#11 Orion Braun

Orion Braun

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

Yep, in his entire two year career. Without ever having an opportunity to be a lead back. He had 3.9 YPC last year and caught a ton of balls. Let's not throw him in the "career disappointment" pile just yet...

#12 WakaJawaka

WakaJawaka

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

Yep, in his entire two year career. Without ever having an opportunity to be a lead back. He had 3.9 YPC last year and caught a ton of balls. Let's not throw him in the "career disappointment" pile just yet...

The average career of a rostered NFL running back is a little over 2.5 years. If he doesn't produce this year, you can draft him in your CFL fantasy league next year.

#13 topshelf10

topshelf10

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

he going to get most of the carries, or is snelling?

#14 squirtlepk

squirtlepk

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:37 PM

I think Snelling will get the goal line opportunities.

#15 topshelf10

topshelf10

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

that i agree about, but thats it for snelling?

#16 BGDDYKWL

BGDDYKWL

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:08 AM

I've seen some talk about whether we've seen the best of him. I feel like we essentially have. He is what he is at this point. He can't be a guy who carries the ball 20 times a game with any effectiveness whatsoever. He's just too small. Ideally he could carve out a Sproles type role, but I just never see anything out of him that would really wow you. RB's thin this year so I can understand picking him up, particularly in PPR leagues, but he's a weak flex at best.

Edited by BGDDYKWL, 18 September 2013 - 05:09 AM.

#17 BronXBombers51

BronXBombers51

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:55 AM

What are we viewing as his floor today in Miami? Can he rack up catches with Atlanta likely to be slinging the ball around all day?

#18 financewonk

financewonk

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:14 PM

Quizz ran hard, displayed great burst/ elusiveness, and was awesome in pass pro. Unfortunately, Snelling gets the goal line work and he's in on a lot of the passing down situations, so Quizz's line doesn't look as good as it could have been. But I gotta say, he was impressive today.

C- Jonathan Lucroy
1B- Paul Goldschmidt
2B- Ian Kinsler
SS- Andrelton Simmons
3B- Miguel Cabrera
UTL- Yasiel Puig

#19 Shabba Rankz

Shabba Rankz

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:01 PM

Jizz is turrible

#20 financewonk

financewonk

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

Jizz is turrible

Apparently you haven't watched the Falcons over the last couple weeks because Quizz has been fantastic.

C- Jonathan Lucroy
1B- Paul Goldschmidt
2B- Ian Kinsler
SS- Andrelton Simmons
3B- Miguel Cabrera
UTL- Yasiel Puig