#1 LyondellBasell

LyondellBasell

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,727 posts
  • Interests:Mets - Knicks

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

no thread on him? i'm reading all this stuff elsewhere about the targets he's getting. the jacksonville stink is that bad?

14 Team PPR. One Keeper. All TDs worth six.

QB/ Wilson
RB/ Jamaal
WR/ Edelman
FX/ Wright
FX/ Bradshaw
FX/ McKinnon
TE/ Kelce
DST/ Titans
K/ Parkey
Bn/ Hill, Hunter, Shorts, P Thomas, LaFell

Championships: 4 Baseball, 1 Football, 1 Basketball

#2 tucker26

tucker26

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

Anyone named Ace has had a lot pressure to live up to athletically there whole life. They seem to fail on the big stage.

Edited by tucker26, 19 September 2013 - 01:23 PM.

And all the greatest of the heroes
Started jumping from the books
They started wearing ones and zeros
Looking more and more like crooks
They stole the sunlight from the future
Took a sip, drank half the glass then put it back

#3 SportsFanEvan

SportsFanEvan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:53 PM

Listed behind Blackmon on the depth chart. Could be a decent add in deep PPR leagues.

#4 swetooth9

swetooth9

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:01 PM

just picked him up in my 16 league ppr
My most owned players: Ben Tate, Shane Vereen, Dez Bryant

#5 CL3VELANDBR0WNS

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:03 PM

He is a slot reciever. The add here is Mike Brown... who was running with the "ones" in camp when Blackmon was out and filled in for Blackmon.

14 tm non-ppr dynasty 30-man
QB- RG3, Carr , Austin Davis
RB- Gio, Stacy, Bryce, Christine Michael, Stewart, Benny Cunningham, Marion Grice, Jonas Gray 
WR- Josh Gordon, Percy Harvin, Sammy Watkins, Michael Floyd, Cordarrelle Patterson, Davante Adams,Justin Hunter, Brian Quick, Kenny Britt, Corey Washington
TE- Gronk,Ladarius, Timothy Wright
K- Parkey
DT- Sen'Derrick Marks
DE- Jason Pierre-Paul
LB-Mosley, Kendricks, Whitehead
CB- Jimmy Smith
S- Cyprien
IR- Blackmon, KHunter, Alonso, DWashington, Marquess Wilson, Greg Hardy
5 1st round picks, 2 2nd round picks.

#6 swetooth9

swetooth9

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

He is a slot reciever. The add here is Mike Brown... who was running with the "ones" in camp when Blackmon was out and filled in for Blackmon.

yeah, i would have picked up mike brown but someone else beat me to it...i think ace could provide something in ppr though
My most owned players: Ben Tate, Shane Vereen, Dez Bryant

#7 jtbgator

jtbgator

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:20 PM

bumpy, anything to see here? Been fairly consistent past 3 weeks.

8/61
4/61
8/67
  • SenatorSpaceman likes this

Team A 12 Team 1PPR (3-4)
QB: Ryan, Palmer
RB: McCoy, Morris, Joique, Ivory
WR: Dez, Alshon, Cooks, Sanu, Gordon

TE: Julius

K: Parkey

D/ST: Bills, Chiefs

Team B 12 Team .5PPR (3-4)
QB: Cam, Tannehill
RB: Crowell, Sankey, Starks, Dixon, Cadet

WR: Calvin, AJ Green, Kelvin, Hunter, Robinson
TE: Clay
K: Prater
D/ST: Detroit

#8 Mathias

Mathias

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:34 AM

i also am wondering the same thing

#9 MaclinOnYourGirl

MaclinOnYourGirl

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:football

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:05 AM

8 catches for 60 yards that you can almost count on. Beats the hell out of the Burleson, Boykins, Streaters, and Pattersons of the world.

QB's - Eli Manning, Teddy Bridgewater, Johnny Manziel

WR's - Demaryius Thomas, Brandon Marshall, Victor Cruz, Odell Beckham Jr., Vincent Jackson, Marvin Jones, Justin Hunter, Brandin Cooks, Cordarelle Patterson

RB's - Jamaal Charles, Mark Ingram, Khiry Robinson, Matt Asiata, Bishop Sankey, Storm Johnson, Isaiah Crowell

TE - Zach Erts

DEF - Cincinnati

K - Cody Parkey

1 point per carry, 1 point per reception, 1 point for 3 rushing yards, high scoring. We start 3 WR's and a W/T spot and 2 RB and 1 W/R spot

#10 supac720

supac720

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:58 PM

After many injuries, I have to start this guy in a 14 team, full point PPR for the playoffs as my WR3. Not feeling especially confident, but what the hell...

#11 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,334 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:19 PM

I'm in a similar boat, 14-team half-point PPR. I've got Sanders rostered but honestly wondering how far I can really trust a pint-sized slot WR. Seems like a Dexter McCluster type situation.

Ace Sanders hasn't scored yet this year. Whereas slot guys like Eddie Royal have their fantasy value buoyed by some TDs, that really seems to be the separating factor here.

I just checked last game, and the Jaguars mostly targeted him on pass plays on JAC's side of the field, to move the chains.

The first time they targeted Ace Sanders on the opposing team's side of the field, was when CLE kicked it off in the 4th quarter, and Ace Sanders returned it (yes, he's their kick/punter returner) from JAC's 26 for a 31-yard gain to CLE's 43-yard line. A few plays later, with less than 5 minutes left in the game, we finally got this:

3rd and 8 on CLE's 10-yard line:
(4:59) 7-C.Henne pass short left to 18-A.Sanders to CLE 7 for 3 yards (50-D.Eubanks; 21-C.Owens).

So basically, they only threw it to him in that situation because they had to, on 3rd down. 1st and 2nd down were MJD up the middle plays.

Then, Josh Gordon responds in one play with his 95-yard TD, and the Jags get the ball back with under 4 minutes and MUST score. They move the ball down the field and we see this just before the game ends:

• 1-10-CLE 21(1:28) (Shotgun) 7-C.Henne pass short left to 18-A.Sanders to CLE 20 for 1 yard (23-J.Haden).
  • 2-9-CLE 20(:50) (Shotgun) 7-C.Henne pass incomplete short right to 18-A.Sanders [92-D.Bryant].
  • 3-9-CLE 20(:45) (Shotgun) 7-C.Henne pass short left to 84-C.Shorts for 20 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

On the surface, it seems to me that they use him primarily on 3rd downs / desperation plays, NOT because they want to use him in the red zone to actually score TDs. I think his TD potential is considerably lower than a lot of other players (think a guy like Marquise Goodwin or Aldrick Robinson, or Chris Givens, the big-play burners), based on his usage.

And I still think 8 receptions is most likely an anomaly. I know he's done it twice, but how many nobodies consistently get 8 receptions a week? Pretty much none. Seems like regression is more likely to happen.

Thus I'm predicting maybe a 5 catches / 50 yards type of statline. In PPR, (assuming 10 yards = 1 point), that's 10 points. Barely. In 0.5 PPR, that's just 7.5 points. Without the possibility of TD-upside, there's likely better fliers unless you need ONLY 5-8 points from your FLEX spot.
  • supac720, owenmills and Iron-cock like this
2014 Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 14-Team 0.5 PPR + ALL TDs = 6PTs:

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Matthew Stafford.......(03.13)............. WR - Malcom Floyd.........(14.14)
RB1: Montee Ball............(01.13)............. WR - John Brown...........(UD.FA)
RB2: Arian Foster...........(01.11)............. WR - Cody Latimer.........(13.09)
WR1: Brian Quick............(14.08)............. RB - Toby Gerhart.........(02.02)
WR2: Allen Hurns............(UD.FA)............. RB - Bernard Pierce.......(07.14)
TE : Kyle Rudolph...........(06.02)............. RB - Latavius Murray......(13.12)
FLEX1: Justin Forsett.......(UD.FA)............. RB - Devonta Freeman......(09.01)
FLEX2: Steven Jackson.......(04.02)............. RB - CJ Anderson..........(09.11)

#12 FantasyFiend

FantasyFiend

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

Ace Sanders - WR Jax vs Hou

It would appear that Ace is back to 100% based on his performances the past couple weeks, and it would also appear that Ace has replaced a gimpy Mike Brown as the number 2 WR in Jacksonville. This couldn't come at a better time for fantasy owners hurting for a WR3/Flex play in deep leagues. I know what you are thinking : "But Houston doesn't give up points to fantasy WRs!" and your thinking is correct, Houston is ranked 27th in surrendering points to opposing WRs, which is a trend I don't like. A trend I DO like, however, is what they've given up to opposing WR 2s the past 4 games.

Edelman 9rec 101 yards

Sanders 4rec 61 yards

Streater 6rec 84yards 1TD

Roberts 5rec 71yards 1TD

which averages out to 6 rec 79.3 yards .5TDs

Reasons for this include a D-Line that hasn't been getting pressure on the QB all season mixed in with a seriously banged up secondary. If Sanders draws Kareem Jackson, he will get a DB that only has 1 pass defense in the past 5 games and averages 5 tackles per game. If Sanders draws Jonathon Joesph (which I doubt) he will get a DB who has been limited in practice with a groin injury. Both look like great matchups in this short week. Look for Ace to improve on his previous 4 catch 61 yard performance against the Texans this week at HOME in jacksonville Best of all, Sanders is only owned in 1% of yahoo leagues, so don't be afraid to scoop and play!

Prediction

Sanders 6 rec 87yards 1TD

#13 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,334 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:28 PM

Ace Sanders - WR Jax vs Hou

It would appear that Ace is back to 100% based on his performances the past couple weeks, and it would also appear that Ace has replaced a gimpy Mike Brown as the number 2 WR in Jacksonville. This couldn't come at a better time for fantasy owners hurting for a WR3/Flex play in deep leagues. I know what you are thinking : "But Houston doesn't give up points to fantasy WRs!" and your thinking is correct, Houston is ranked 27th in surrendering points to opposing WRs, which is a trend I don't like. A trend I DO like, however, is what they've given up to opposing WR 2s the past 4 games.

Edelman 9rec 101 yards
Sanders 4rec 61 yards
Streater 6rec 84yards 1TD
Roberts 5rec 71yards 1TD

which averages out to 6 rec 79.3 yards .5TDs

Reasons for this include a D-Line that hasn't been getting pressure on the QB all season mixed in with a seriously banged up secondary. If Sanders draws Kareem Jackson, he will get a DB that only has 1 pass defense in the past 5 games and averages 5 tackles per game. If Sanders draws Jonathon Joesph (which I doubt) he will get a DB who has been limited in practice with a groin injury. Both look like great matchups in this short week. Look for Ace to improve on his previous 4 catch 61 yard performance against the Texans this week at HOME in jacksonville Best of all, Sanders is only owned in 1% of yahoo leagues, so don't be afraid to scoop and play!

Prediction
Sanders 6 rec 87yards 1TD

Why do you predict a TD?

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Matthew Stafford.......(03.13)............. WR - Malcom Floyd.........(14.14)
RB1: Montee Ball............(01.13)............. WR - John Brown...........(UD.FA)
RB2: Arian Foster...........(01.11)............. WR - Cody Latimer.........(13.09)
WR1: Brian Quick............(14.08)............. RB - Toby Gerhart.........(02.02)
WR2: Allen Hurns............(UD.FA)............. RB - Bernard Pierce.......(07.14)
TE : Kyle Rudolph...........(06.02)............. RB - Latavius Murray......(13.12)
FLEX1: Justin Forsett.......(UD.FA)............. RB - Devonta Freeman......(09.01)
FLEX2: Steven Jackson.......(04.02)............. RB - CJ Anderson..........(09.11)

#14 bakes781

bakes781

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:50 AM

Does his role increase if MJD is out?
QB - Matt Ryan
RB - Matt Forte
RB - DeMarco Murray
WR - Antonio Brown
WR - Roddy White
WR - DeAndre Hopkins
TE- Julius Thomas
Flex - Khiry Robinson
Flex - Percy Harvin
K - Phil dawson
D - Chargers

Josh Gordon
Andrew Hawkins
Trent Richardson

#15 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:57 AM

^ MJD seems to be fine. MJD not playing would hurt the offense as whole more then anything would help sanders.

I am really worried about a 5'7'' 173 lb guys upside.............he even smaller then tavon austin.

#16 owenmills

owenmills

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,549 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:50 AM

You don't have to be big if you can throw TDs
I have 2 warning points. How many until I get a prize?

#17 funkybudda

funkybudda

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

You don't have to be big if you can throw TDs

lol. I took a chance and he kind of worked out for me in PPR format from last night's stats.
  • FantasyFiend likes this
Team 1: 12 Teams 0.5pt PPR (4-3)
QB: Russel Wilson
WR: Randall Cobb, Deandre Hopkins, Reggie Wayne,Percey Harvin, Reuben Randall
RB: Marshawn Lynch, Shane Vereen, Mark Ingram, Jeremy Hill, Bishop Sankey
TE: Jordan Cameron, Heath Miller
K: Shayne Graham
DEF: Lions Ravens

Team 2: 12 Teams 1.0pt PPR (7-0)
QB: Andrew Luck
WR: Jordy Nelson, Eric Decker, Kelvin Benjamin, Terrance Williams, Brian Quick, Allen Robinson, Branden Lafell
RB: DeMarco Murray, Shane Vereen, Jeremy Hill, James Stark
TE: Rob Gronkowski, Heath Miller
K: Steve Hauschska
DEF: Broncos

#18 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,334 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:50 PM

Haha, his usage was basically what I expected. TD potential is dismal if we're talking rushing/receiving. He just got lucky that his number got called during that trick play and he scored a passing TD (which I was thankful for in my 6-point passing TD league, since I did make a last minute lineup switch and started him).

That easily could have been MJD throwing that trick play TD pass instead. Obviously you can't rely on passing TDs from Ace Sanders. Back to the scrap heap unless you're desperate, and even then, I'd be desperate somewhere else.

#19 mjkp64

mjkp64

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:39 PM

Haha, his usage was basically what I expected. TD potential is dismal if we're talking rushing/receiving. He just got lucky that his number got called during that trick play and he scored a passing TD (which I was thankful for in my 6-point passing TD league, since I did make a last minute lineup switch and started him).

That easily could have been MJD throwing that trick play TD pass instead. Obviously you can't rely on passing TDs from Ace Sanders. Back to the scrap heap unless you're desperate, and even then, I'd be desperate somewhere else.

Yep, that fluke pass TD saved his day, and I was just laughing when I saw it. That being said, I will likely start him again next week if I advance, as I am that desperate. But we do ppr and return yards, so that gives him a bump.
12 Team PPR/Return Yards/All TDs 6 Points
QB Matthew Stafford
WR Randall Cobb
WR Roddy White
WR Golden Tate
RB Jamaal Charles
RB Matt Asiata
TE Travis Kelce
W/R/T Reggie Wayne
K Hauschka
Def SD
BN Josh Gordon, James Jones, Donald Brown, Jordan Cameron, Shane Vareen, Knile Davis

#20 Giants4XChamps

Giants4XChamps

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:59 PM

So with Shorts potentially a no-go for Sunday, I don't think Sanders' prospects improve much. Anyone see any upside here?

If anything Brown would be the guy to go with here.....I think.

/sigh

Edited by Giants4XChamps, 12 December 2013 - 01:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users