#1 gungho

gungho

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

Hi Guys,

Apolagies beforehand if i have posted this in the wrong section or there already is an existing thread.
Basically i would like your collective opinions on who you see being traded mid-season which could affect a players value.

Eg: Last season i lucked out on picking James Harden in the 3rd round only for him to be traded to the Rockets.

Thanks in advance!
PG: G. Dragic, K. Lowry, V. Oladipo
SG: G. Hayward, L. Stephenson
SF:   K. Leonard
PF:   K. Love, P. Millsap, D. West
  C:   M. Gasol, T. Chandler, R. Lopez

#2 DZaak

DZaak

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

Asik/Lin:
are the obvious choice. There are so many rumours going around about them. I do feel that they will keep Lin though unless the Rockets get a serious 3rd star, then they wouldn't have a problem giving him up.
Also, if any decides to take a late round flier or waiver wire pick up of whoever the Houston starting PF is, their value will drop if a big trade comes around. It seems the only position the Rockets would trade for is PF... which leads to my next player.

LaMarcus Aldridge:
With Millsap and J-Smoove finding new teams, Aldridge is the last of the rumoured PF's that the Rockets go after. Along side Dwight, LMA's efficiency greatly increases. While he would get less shots, the increased efficiency should keep his PPG at a similar level. His rebounds and FTA will go down however. So he should gain in 1 cat (FG%) while dip in 2.
I have a problem with believing he'll go to the Rockets anymore though. Would the Blazers want Asik/Lin if they have R-Lopez/Lillard? Agreed that Asik is tonnes better than Lopez, however don't see how lin would work.

Rondo:
Constant rumours of him being traded. If Celtics shoot for Wiggins, then the more lottery picks the better (which is what they'd trade him for). Most of the talk is him going to the Lakers, however his game is a horrible fit next to Kobe who needs a spot up shooter next to him (eg. D-Fish, Farmar). If he goes there, his value is greatly diminished once Kobe comes back. I like him in Lakers without Kobe though. Rondo to Gasol all day.

#1 Serious league w/ friends : 9-cat, H2H, 16 Teams
PG: C Paul, K Walker, P Mills
SG: B Beal, T Sefolosha
SF: W Chandler, R, Kelly
PF: D Nowitzki, T Gibson
C: J Noah

#2 Public League - Live Draft: 8-cat, H2H, 10 Teams
PG: R Westbrook (O), M Conley(O), T Parker
SG: P George, M Ellis, B Knight
SF: K Durant, G Hayward
PF: P Millsap, J Green
C: M Gasol, D Jordan, M Gortat

#3 Public League - Auto-Pick Draft: 8-cat, Roto, 12 Teams
PG: M Conley, K Walker (O), K Marshall, G Vasquez
SG: K Martin, R Foye
SF: C Parsons, W Chandler
PF: S Ibaka, P Gasol, D West
C: A Jefferson, C Frye

#3 vnmslsrbms

vnmslsrbms

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:38 PM

I think it'd be nice to see Kobe change his game when he comes back (yeah I know he doesn't care) to be more a shooting guard and less ball dominant. He is actually very efficient as a spot up shooter. I don't have the stats, but when he's wide open, from what I've seen it's money. Could be wrong of course. Getting Rondo could change that. I don't know how it would work though since the Lakers don't have anything the Celtics want.

#4 christian

christian

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

Andre Miller or Nate Robinson: There will probably be some issues in Denver's backcourt among Miller and Robinson as they battle each other for playing time behind Ty Lawson. I'm guessing the loser will want out.

Courtney Lee: The Celtics could make good out of Lee to acquire a legitimate center. After all, the Celtics already have Jordan Crawford, MarShon Brooks, and Avery Bradley.

Arron Afflalo, Glen Davis, and/or Jameer Nelson: Orlando is clearly looking for young talent with potential. Afflalo, Nelson, and Davis do not fit those ideals. Trading them away will benefit the youngsters in Orlando's backcourt, Maurice Harkless and Victor Oladipo, and frontcourt, Tobias Harris and Andrew Nicholson, by opening up more playing time for them.

Isaiah Thomas: It looks like Thomas has once again lost his starting gig to Vasquez. It's clear the Kings organization doesn't want him while there are plenty of other teams that would love to have him as their clear-cut starter.

Marcus Thornton: His role always seems to be changing in Sacramento. Wtih Ben McLemore now on board, I think Sacramento would like to get rid of Thornton so they can start McLemore.

MFFL. 5 years of fantasy basketball experience.
12-team H2H dynasty, 8-cat, 3 IR, ESPN (LM) *2014 CHAMPION: 3-peat (130-22, 1/12)
G Chris Paul, Kyle Lowry, Goran Dragic, Rajon Rondo, Jamal Crawford, Elfrid Payton, Wesley Johnson, Troy Daniels

F Al Horford, Paul Millsap, Nicolas Batum, DeMar DeRozan, Ryan Anderson, Matt Barnes, Mirza Teletovic
C Serge Ibaka, Marc Gasol, Pau Gasol, Mason Plumlee, Steven Adams
20-team H2H keeper (5), 8-cat., 1 IR, ESPN *2014 CHAMPION, 2013 runner-up (95-32-1, 2/20)

LeBron James/Serge Ibaka/Paul Millsap/Ty Lawson/Robin Lopez
30-team H2H points dynasty, 2 IR, ESPN *New league; Mavericks 2014 pre-free agency roster (Ellis, Calderon, Dalembert, Wright, Ledo, Mekel)
G Avery Bradley/Ray McCallum/Jordan Farmar/Shaun Livingston (IR)/Nick Calathes (IR)
F P.J. Tucker/Patrick Patterson/Derrick Williams/Luis Scola/Chase Budinger
C Dwight Howard/Brook Lopez/Gorgui Dieng
14-team H2H keeper (5), 9 cat., Yahoo! *New league--drafted (offline) July 2014, eighth pick in snake draft
G Jose Calderon, Jamal Crawford, Patrick Beverley, Jodie Meeks
F Chris Bosh, Pau Gasol, Paul Pierce, DeMarre Carroll, Paul George
C Al Horford, Brook Lopez, Miles Plumlee, Samuel Dalembert

10-team Roto, 8 cat., ESPN *Public league--drafted 9/20/14, last pick in snake draft

G Russell Westbrook/Gordon Hayward/Kyle Korver/Patrick Beverley/Reggie Jackson

F Chris Bosh/Nicolas Batum/Chandler Parsons/Ryan Anderson/Terrence Jones/Markieff Morris

C DeMarcus Cousins/Al Horford

#5 vnmslsrbms

vnmslsrbms

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:26 AM

I've tried it before, in fact trying to target players who might be traded for value. I've come to the conclusion that it's basically impossible to figure out who will get traded and who won't. It's easy to say who should get traded, but what we think almost never happens.

#6 KennyUrata

KennyUrata

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:02 AM

I've tried it before, in fact trying to target players who might be traded for value. I've come to the conclusion that it's basically impossible to figure out who will get traded and who won't. It's easy to say who should get traded, but what we think almost never happens.

Yeah, Favors owner here. Got badly burnt holding onto him at the trade deadline expecting Al Jeff to get traded.

#7 Eleqtrique

Eleqtrique

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:38 AM

Alex Len should get plenty of opportunity when the Suns trade Marcin Gortat to a contender in need of a C before the deadline.

#8 KeyboardHero

KeyboardHero

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:42 AM

making trades in the NBA is hard - CBA rules, direction teams are going in, assets for the trade, making contracts work etc. There is alot more talk than action, and alot of talk we never hear about that never pans out.

The only way I'd draft a player expecting a trade to improve his value would be as a very late draft pick (or the guy was already very good as is)

#9 teamshameless

teamshameless

Likes Pointy Leather Boots

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,565 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

I agree with the general sentiment. I sometimes draft players because I think they might get a little bump if they get showcased for a trade, but it's generally late pics.

I may also give a little added weight to a player if I know their team is trying to move another player out of the way to give him minutes, but again, it's not that much. This is particularly true because it usually means you are going to have to suffer through months of mediocre and inconsistent play before the hammer drops. Considering the chances of a trade not happening, that is a lot of investment given the potential for payoff.

You have to speculate in order to win, but potential trades are kind of a reach.
Putting the Mod in Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users