22 replies to this topic

#1 osb_tensor

osb_tensor

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:17 PM

Horrible news for us smith owners. Arrested this morning for a DUI. Radio said this was his fourth police involved incident since jan. 2012.

I assume this will carry some sort of NFL punishment? Couple game suspension?

Arguably the best idp player in our league. Sack/TFL/Big play heavy league.

#2 osb_tensor

osb_tensor

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:48 PM

In addition to suspicion of DUI, 49ers OLB Aldon Smith was booked on charges of marijuana possession by San Jose Police on Friday morning.

Smith blew a .15 on his breathalyzer test, though it's unclear how much weed was discovered. Smith is undoubtedly, eventually facing a league-imposed suspension, and at this point we wouldn't be totally shocked if he were held out of Sunday's game against the Colts. That'd be a nice development for Andrew Luck's fantasy matchup. We expect to know more by Sunday morning.

Source: CBS Sports
Fri, Sep 20 2013 13:40

#3 Gootz

Gootz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

Even as a die-hard 49ers fan I can honestly say that I am disappointed in Smith's actions and he deserves a punishment for his unfortunate and poor decisions. These guys have so much to lose and make decisions like this, it's pathetic. They are role models who many kids and even some adults look up to. Hold yourself to a higher standard!!!!

14 Team H2H PPR

QB - Cutler, Big Ben
WR -
Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, Anquan Boldin (Flex)
RB - Matt Forte, Justin Forsett, Pierre Thomas
TE - Delanie Walker
, Dwayne Allen
Def - MIN
K - Vinatieri

#4 Garrett W.

Garrett W.

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:11 PM

Rotoworld's self righteous post is killing me. Chill out, guys.

10-team keeper PPR

QB Brees
RB Forte

RB McCoy

WR A.Brown

WR ODB

WR K.Allen
TE Graham

DEF Ravens

K Graham

QB Sanchez

RB CJ Anderson

WR D.Jackson

WR Stills
WR Douglas
DEF Patriots

DEF Dolphins

#5 Gootz

Gootz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

Rotoworld's self righteous post is killing me. Chill out, guys.

Are you referring to this:

Updating a previous item, coach Jim Harbaugh told reporters he expects Aldon Smith to play in Week 3 despite Smith's Friday morning arrest for suspicion of DUI and marijuana possession.
"I expect Aldon to be back at work and play on Sunday," said Harbaugh. The NFL will not intervene on a player's Sunday availability following a Friday arrest because the appeals process can't be expedited that quickly. The actions say it all: The 49ers care about winning over punishment, individual players' decision making, those players' well being, and the well being of the community. Smith gives San Francisco its best chance to win.

Either way, if a high profile athlete gets drunk and stoned and then preceeds to pass out and drive right into a tree he deserves punishment. Are you one of those people who thinks just because someone is famous they deserve special treatment?

Edited by Gootz, 20 September 2013 - 07:00 PM.

14 Team H2H PPR

QB - Cutler, Big Ben
WR -
TE - Delanie Walker
, Dwayne Allen
Def - MIN
K - Vinatieri

#6 Garrett W.

Garrett W.

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

Not at all. He deserves punishment. I just thought it was hilarious that some hack RW writer thinks he can take that and extrapolate it out to what the entire organization feels on a grand scale because they aren't suspending him and waiting for the NFL's decision.

10-team keeper PPR

QB Brees
RB Forte

RB McCoy

WR A.Brown

WR ODB

WR K.Allen
TE Graham

DEF Ravens

K Graham

QB Sanchez

RB CJ Anderson

WR D.Jackson

WR Stills
WR Douglas
DEF Patriots

DEF Dolphins

#7 chingao81375

chingao81375

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:02 PM

The fact that Harbaugh (The head coach) says he is going to allow Smith to play after an arrest says a lot about the man. To hell with integrity and discipline. Winning is more important! I think he is totally wrong!! As a head coach he should be a mentor and not allow him to play at all. These football players are role models whether they like it or not. Kids lookup to these guys and the fact he is drinking and driving and getting stoned should not be tolerated. If I do the same thing I would immediately be fired from my job! The head coach should set the example and not wait for the NFL (Big Brother) to do something. He could have easily killed someone! Remember Josh Brent?? Just my two cents
Yahoo redraft 10 team non-PPR. Standard scoring with bonus pts for over 100 yds rec/rush and 300 yds pass.  No return yds.  IDP Tackle heavy scoring.

QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, Q/W/R/T, K, DEF,D,D,D,D.

QB- Aaron Rodgers, Tony Romo, Jake Locker
RB- Marshawn Lynch, Steven Jackson, Ben Tate
WR- Torrey Smith, DeSean Jackson, Roddy White, Stevie Johnson, Emmanuel Sanders, Kenbrell Thompkins
TE- Kyle Rudolph, Owen Daniels
K- Kai Forbath
DEF- New England
D- Jerrell Freeman, Bruce Carter, Russell Allen, Dannell Ellerbe, Mychal Kendricks

#8 Gootz

Gootz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:11 AM

Not at all. He deserves punishment. I just thought it was hilarious that some hack RW writer thinks he can take that and extrapolate it out to what the entire organization feels on a grand scale because they aren't suspending him and waiting for the NFL's decision.

Misunderstood your post then. However you look at this situation, it is sad that someone with his talent doesn't have a better moral compass.

14 Team H2H PPR

QB - Cutler, Big Ben
WR -
TE - Delanie Walker
, Dwayne Allen
Def - MIN
K - Vinatieri

#9 osb_tensor

osb_tensor

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:15 AM

i think everyone, including rotoworld, should jump down off their soap box. i'm here to talk about fantasy football.. if i wanted to discuss moral compasses and what everyone should do with their personal decisions in life i'd be on a different forum.

back to football.

on that note he's playing this week, which is good for my football team. i'm sure there will be a suspension coming from the league and next week is a short week. i'd rather it happen now then in a few weeks when the bye's are in full effect and leave me short-handed.

Edited by osb_tensor, 21 September 2013 - 10:17 AM.

#10 Gootz

Gootz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:24 AM

Dulely noted. Curious to see what kind of punishment the league dishes out.

14 Team H2H PPR

QB - Cutler, Big Ben
WR -
TE - Delanie Walker
, Dwayne Allen
Def - MIN
K - Vinatieri

#11 Cmilne23

Cmilne23

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,046 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:11 AM

Anyone just hear that pathetic story Chris Mortensen just said on NFL countdown? "the 49ers are very concerned that Aldon Smith has a serious substance abuse issue and want to get him help, but first they think they need to get him through this game this week." If he has a serious issue, playing football should be the last thing for him, sounds like a team putting winning above a human who needs treatment.

#12 predator_05

predator_05

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,453 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

News came in on redzone

Suspended indefinitely. Set to go into rehab.
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#13 Cmilne23

Cmilne23

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,046 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

Its an absolute embarrassment Jim Harbaugh let him play today. What a horrific coach, this guy doesn't give 2 sh**s about his players, all he cares about is winning . I want nothing more than the 49ers to lose games so this horrific human being in Harbaugh gets exposed for who he is. Frank Gore having "choice words" for this POS during the game is the first of many negative stories to come.

#14 osb_tensor

osb_tensor

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

49ers "not counting on him returning."

What are the odds he plays again this year? 50/50?

Really puts me in a pickle.. Really hard to hold on when it's looking like he might not play again.

#15 Gootz

Gootz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

He not only has the rehab to contend with, but when he's done dealing with that he then has to face the 3 felony charges. I don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling that he'll be back this year.

14 Team H2H PPR

QB - Cutler, Big Ben
WR -
TE - Delanie Walker
, Dwayne Allen
Def - MIN
K - Vinatieri

#16 mpat15

mpat15

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:23 AM

Sadly was my first IDP player I took this year. Am dropping him in hope of getting Von Miller this week who is on the waiver.

#17 osb_tensor

osb_tensor

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

The 49ers plan to meet with OLB Aldon Smith (personal) "in the near future" to determine when he may be ready to rejoin the team.

Although coach Jim Harbaugh recently said he expected Smith back in "a couple of weeks," GM Trent Baalke told reporters Friday there is "no timetable" for San Francisco's top pass rusher to return. Smith is currently on the reserve/non-football illness list. "I would support exactly what Jim has said because it’s no different than what we’re talking about internally," Baalke said. "We’re obviously hopeful, but at the same time we’re prepared for either outcome. There’s no timeline on it. We would expect to be meeting with him in the near future, but that can change."

Oct 25 - 9:21 AM

Source: CSN Bay Area

maybe i'm just being optimistic because i'd like to see him back.. i read this as a coach thinking his player is going to come back some time in the next few weeks (probably after their bye week, 9), but team management not wanting to make light of his situation(s) and seem insensitive to the issues surrounding him. the team took a lot of flack for their handling of his situation to begin with and i don't think they want to go down that road again.

i bet the thought is that he'll be back sooner rather than later, but they don't want another public relations snafu so they're going to stick with the politically correct media statements.

#18 Gootz

Gootz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

Looks like you're going to get your wish: http://www.rotoworld...477/aldon-smith

14 Team H2H PPR

QB - Cutler, Big Ben
WR -
TE - Delanie Walker
, Dwayne Allen
Def - MIN
K - Vinatieri

#19 osb_tensor

osb_tensor

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:39 AM

Looks like you're going to get your wish: http://www.rotoworld...477/aldon-smith

I hope so..

Not sure what kind of time it takes for a LB to get back in football form, but hopefully by week 11 or 12 he'll be in full force.

#20 Gootz

Gootz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

I hope so..

Not sure what kind of time it takes for a LB to get back in football form, but hopefully by week 11 or 12 he'll be in full force.

He was probably running circles in his rehab room, bench pressing his bed and lunging with orderlies on his back the whole time, so he's likely ready. Seriously though, I can't imagine he's out for 5 weeks and plays a whole lot next week. There was talk (I forget where) about how he would be eased back into the lineup.
  • Team Blitz likes this

14 Team H2H PPR

QB - Cutler, Big Ben
WR -
TE - Delanie Walker
, Dwayne Allen
Def - MIN
K - Vinatieri

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users