Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Khiry Robinson 2013 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
59 replies to this topic

#1 coleporter

coleporter

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:03 PM

With Pierre Thomas doing nothing and Ingram really not doing anything either what are the thoughts on undrafted Saints running back Khiry Robinson. He seems to be in the Chris Ivory mode but with better hands. He does run hard. Not bad today even thought it was towards the end of the game.Just might be someone to monitor.

Edited by coleporter, 22 September 2013 - 10:11 PM.

C Vogt
1B Jose Abreu
2B Altuve
3B Castellanos
SS Danny Santana
OF Puig
OF JD Martinez
Of Myers
UTL Ozuna

Bench:, Yan Gomes (7 Day DL), Calhoun, Baez
Multi-Position: Castellanos (OF, 3B), Santana (SS,OF), Vogt (C, 1B, OF) Baez (SS,2B)
SP: Alex Wood Teheran, Arrieta, Wada, Harang, Carrasco . RP: Rosenthal, Gregerson
DL: Doolittle, Goldschmidt

#2 holyBrowns

holyBrowns

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,248 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:07 PM

Have no idea who this dude is. And there's 3 other RBs ahead of him (whoever he is), so no, probably not a sleeper.

Edited by holyBrowns, 22 September 2013 - 10:12 PM.

14 Team Total Points - Weekly Lineup Locks [hitting scoring] 1 pt per single, run, rbi, bb, sb, hbp - 2 pts per double - 3 pts per triple - 4 pts per home run [pitching scoring] 15 pts per win, 3 pts per QS, 2 pts per CG, 1 pt per K, 10 pts per no hitter, 5 pts per perfect game, 8 pts per save, relief win
C: Yan Gomes
1B: Anthony Rizzo
2B: Dustin Pedroia
3B: Kyle Seager
SS: Starlin Castro
OF: Mike Trout
OF: Giancarlo Stanton
OF: Alex Rios
DH: David Ortiz
SP: Zack Greinke
SP: Jered Weaver
SP: Johnny Cueto
RP: Jason Grilli
Bench: Bogaerts, Polanco, Morneau, Iwakuma, Peavy, Colon, Simon, Buehrle, Kelly, Chavez

#3 msungy

msungy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:32 PM

Great pickup in 30 team leagues.

#4 coleporter

coleporter

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

You never know with the Saints especially with all the Ingram trade rumors. Just check out some of his highlights on You Tube. Looks good. Definite lottery ticket.
C Vogt
1B Jose Abreu
2B Altuve
3B Castellanos
SS Danny Santana
OF Puig
OF JD Martinez
Of Myers
UTL Ozuna

Multi-Position: Castellanos (OF, 3B), Santana (SS,OF), Vogt (C, 1B, OF) Baez (SS,2B)
SP: Alex Wood Teheran, Arrieta, Wada, Harang, Carrasco . RP: Rosenthal, Gregerson

#5 owenmills

owenmills

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,549 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

Pierre is good too. I just can't see this guy coming into fantasy value this year
I have 2 warning points. How many until I get a prize?

#6 scienergy

scienergy

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

Pierre is also 28 years old, Robinson may be a good pickup in a dynasty league. Way more immediate value if Ingram gets traded.

#7 coleporter

coleporter

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

Does he get playing time this week? He's now starting to appear on sites that suggest waiver pick ups. As I said above he could be a sneaky pick up.
C Vogt
1B Jose Abreu
2B Altuve
3B Castellanos
SS Danny Santana
OF Puig
OF JD Martinez
Of Myers
UTL Ozuna

#8 PastorOfMuppets

PastorOfMuppets

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:45 PM

Have no idea who this dude is. And there's 3 other RBs ahead of him (whoever he is), so no, probably not a sleeper.

there is technically ONE running back ahead of him, and that's Thomas.

Sproles is not the prototypical rb ... he is never gonna see double digit carries, grind clock, etc. he (Sproles) has his niche carved perfectly in this offense, but ... any injury to Thomas, and it's not gonna be Sproles taking running downs. his role remains the same no matter what. and he is dynamite in it.

Ingram? bust. face it. now he has a toe injury. his days may be numbered (possible trade). his stats this year are the most abysmal they've ever been. given those factors, bury him.

So that leaves this kid Robinson. did very well with his touches, and can easily usurp the role Ingram was drafted to have. Pierre has not been the most durable player ... this can be a good sitch for the young'n.

the stars are beginning to align ... why not stash him at the end of your bench? especially if you are carrying dead weight ... like Ingram. if this works out, and this dude gets burn ...

guys come outta nowhere every year. that Saints offense has shown it can support the rbbc, and all it takes is one nicked knee/ankle to turn a great majority of the heavy lifting to one guy.

if one has the room, he's an interesting guy going forward.

#9 financewonk

financewonk

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

Ingram missed practice today, so he's probably not going to play on Mon. Good opportunity for Robinson to flash again and earn more playing time going forward.
12-team - H2H - 5X5 - Limited Keeper

C- Jonathan Lucroy
1B- Paul Goldschmidt
2B- Ian Kinsler
SS- Andrelton Simmons
3B- Miguel Cabrera
OF- Mike Trout, Adam Jones, Alex Gordon
UTL- Yasiel Puig
Bench- Kyle Seager, Eric Hosmer, Dexter Fowler

SP- Chris Sale, James Shields, Matt Moore, Matt Garza, Jose Fernandez
RP- Greg Holland, Danny Farquhar
Bench- Tim Lincecum, Jarrod Parker, Gerrit Cole, Anibal Sanchez

#10 theSPANKER

theSPANKER

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

I wish I had some space on my roster for this cat.
12-man 1pt PPR redraft league, start 2 RB/2WRs with 1 RB/WR/TE Flex All TDs 6pts, 15 Man Roster

QBs - Russell Wilson
RBs - Murray, Randle, Mathews, Jeremy Hill, Ahmad Bradshaw, Vereen
WRs - Dez Bryant, Andre Johnson, Josh Gordon, Michael Floyd
TE - Donnell, Reed
K - McManus
Steaming D - NE

#11 djbigf

djbigf

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,697 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

Khiry eleison down the road that I must travel

10 team league: (std scoring/flex)

QB Foles, Newton
RB Lynch, Murray, Foster, Stewart, Miller, Ingram, McKinnon

WR Cobb, Benjamin, VJackson, Quick
TE Cameron, Walker
K Tucker
D Eagles, Lions

#12 raidaz18

raidaz18

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:40 PM

I'm thinking about picking KR up tonight and dropping dead weight.Ingram is inactive and he will get some carries.

What if he goes off and sticks? You never know, he blew up in the preseason and is on the roster for a reason.

#13 scienergy

scienergy

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

I'm thinking about picking KR up tonight and dropping dead weight.Ingram is inactive and he will get some carries.

What if he goes off and sticks? You never know, he blew up in the preseason and is on the roster for a reason.

Or Thomas gets hurt. I did this very thing earlier today. Never a bad idea to play potential if you have the roster space to do it. Robinson has quite clearly shown potential and reading thoughts on him on the web, people who watch him believe he is legit. In watching game film from last week I couldn't discern the difference between Thomas and Robinson, save perhaps slightly more burst from Robinson. I hope they give him a shot tonight.

Edited by scienergy, 30 September 2013 - 07:00 PM.

#14 raidaz18

raidaz18

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

I know one thing, KR should be ahead of Ingram on the depth chart.

The only reason Ingram is ahead is because he was a 1st round draft pick.

I hope he gets a chance and goes off, i believe the Saints would get rid of Ingram and give this kid some burn if he shows something.

Remember too, he has really good hands which means he can play in passing and runs situations making him really valuable.

Edited by raidaz18, 30 September 2013 - 07:25 PM.

#15 ss3walkman

ss3walkman

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,558 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

I would never go to the saints as a player. Thomas, Ivory, Sproles, Ingram and Robinson are all good RB who (except Sproles) talent has gone to waste.

They need to let Robsinson run!

Edited by ss3walkman, 30 September 2013 - 07:31 PM.

The Uncanny X-MEN

QB: Wilson
RB: Charles, Tate, Davis, Crowell
WR: Gordon, Brown, Green, Harvin, Beckham
TE: Rees
DEF: Bills
K: Parkey

"There's no strings on me"

#16 mikeflavaz

mikeflavaz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

I think Khiry Robinson is a great sleeper. He looked fantastic in preseason. And, with Ingram out..He will be in the mix. Imagine N.O. with an electric running game. They must know Pierre Thomas is lame. Everyone else does. I could definitely see them working Khiry in more and more. He's going to start getting carries. What he does with them will determine his immediate future.

The Del Ray Classic. 8th Season, 3-Keeper, 12-Team, PPR, $$ League.

Starting Lineup
QB: Drew Brees
WR: Julian Edelman
WR: Jordy Nelson
WR: Randall Cobb

RB: Branden Oliver
RB: Bishop Sankey
TE: Jimmy Graham
DST: Houston Texans
K: Cody Parkey

Bench
Andre Williams, Knowshon Moreno, Mark Ingram, Josh Gordon, Brian Quick,

#17 The Dark Eternal Night

The Dark Eternal Night

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

Kid runs hard and drags defenders for extra yardage on every play.

Ben's Dating Service (5-2, 1st place): 10-team 0.5 PPR (1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/FLEX(W/R/T)/K/DEF/6BENCH)
============================================================
QB - M.Stafford / P.Rivers | RB - L.McCoy / A.Bradshaw / S.Vereen / J.Bell / J.Forsett / J.McKinnon
WR - J. Nelson / A.Brown / P.Garcon / M.Wallace / D.Baldwin | TE - J.Cameron | K - S.Hauschka | DEF - MIA

Freedom 35 (6-1, 1st place): 10-team 0.5 PPR (1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/FLEX(W/R/T)/K/DEF/6BENCH)
QB - M.Ryan / R.Wilson | RB - A.Ellington / J.Forsett / B.Oliver / J.McKinnon
WR - R.Cobb / V.Jackson / R.White / M.Floyd / K.Benjamin / S.Watkins | TE - J.Graham / M.Bennett | K - C.Catanzaro | DEF - DET

ABC Easy As RG3 (5-2, 3rd place): 10-team 0.5 PPR (1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/FLEX(W/R)/K/DEF/9BENCH
QB - M.Stafford / T.Brady | RB - L.McCoy / A.Ellington / J.McKinnon / B.Tate / T.Mason / R.Hillman
WR - AJ.Green / B.Marshall / E.Sanders / J.Maclin / G.Tate / S.Smith / A.Holmes | TE - J.Thomas / J.Reed | K - S.Gostkowski | DEF - MIA

#18 brockpapersizer

brockpapersizer

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,593 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

Been on my radar and on one of my keeper teams all year. Final preseason game and Christopher Harris put him on the map for me

"Khiry Robinson, RB, New Orleans Saints: I'll go ahead and admit right now I'm not overly familiar with West Texas A&M, the school where this rookie played. His sizzle reel looks good, but so does everyone's, and Robinson is taking a more massive step up than most, going from Division II to the NFL. Not only that but the Saints are still frustratingly stocked at RB, with Mark Ingram,Pierre Thomas and Darren Sproles. But Chris Ivory is gone to the New York Jets and Robinson evokes Ivory, in size and in power. In mop-up duty through two exhibition games, Robinson has jumped off the screen (albeit against scrubs) in a way similar to how Ivory did back in '10. There's not much breakaway threat in Robinson, but, at 6 feet and 220 pounds, he looks like a punishing player to tackle. As was the case with Ivory the past three seasons, it would take an injury to the players ahead of him for Robinson to be anything close to fantasy relevant. But the fact that some Saints followers have him jumping ahead of Travaris Cadet on the depth chart (remember Cadet's preseason hype last year?) is interesting. I don't rule out the possibility that Robinson will hit the practice squad, but at this point, I actually think he'll make the team."
FREE JOSH GORDON......THREAD

-Buy high, sell low, keep em guessing.

#19 ss3walkman

ss3walkman

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,558 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:00 PM

I like the kid
The Uncanny X-MEN

QB: Wilson
RB: Charles, Tate, Davis, Crowell
WR: Gordon, Brown, Green, Harvin, Beckham
TE: Rees
DEF: Bills
K: Parkey

"There's no strings on me"

#20 lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u

On the Ballot

• Banned
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:11 PM

How many teams are RBBC with 3 RBs are there in the league? Add the Saints to the list
*12 TEAM - 1pt PPR *

QB - T. ROMO - M. VICK

RB - D.MARTIN - R.BUSH - A.BROWN

WR - D. BOWE - P.GARCON - A. BROWN

WR - J. BLACKMON -  J. GORDON - T. AUSTIN

TE - G.OLSEN - J. FINLEY