Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Week 25 Waiver Wire Touts: 9/23 - 9/29

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 The Harsh

The Harsh

I like .webms.

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,981 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:23 AM

A reminder for all on how it works - a weekly thread will be posted and pinned, for all of you who need to *already* find replacements (DOH). Each week, the old thread will be de-pinned, and a new thread (Week 2, Week 3, etc.) to keep the touts current, given how the guys that are likely to be found on the WW changes from Week to Week and given the popularity of weekly H2H matchups.

A reminder that this is meant to tout players you may find on the WW that you feel other owners should consider - but it's not meant for Bench Coach discussion (who to drop for 'em, owner's lineup decisions, etc. - that's for the Bench Coach Forum), as per the FBB Posting Rules. So, please no BC questions - if it provides general information that all can use, it's fair game. Again, this isn't a thread to ask about players in your league - it's to tout potential WW players. If you believe a guy is worth *consideration*, post away.

As for your touts, there are no specifics - but as a guide, as we're talking the WW, feel free to look at the CBS/Yahoo/ESPN ownership rates - it will give a great idea if a guy is really a WW tout or not. As the WW varies, if you have deep league touts, feel free to post - qualifying them for deep leagues has helped in the past. Also, you can stipulate if you think it's a great 1-week play, a streamer, a great long-term play, or whatever

Good luck to everyone still in the hunt!
Are the Rotoworld forums lagging for you? Please report the issue here: http://www.rotoworld.com/about/help.aspx. It's the best way to force a change!

#2 Kempimus Prime

Kempimus Prime

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:02 AM

Adam Lind

He's been hot lately with power, playing @ BAL for the first series of this week and then at home vs TB. Has had great career numbers @ BAL.

#3 mpbaseball22

mpbaseball22

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:36 AM

McCarthy 2 start pitcher @SD + vs WAS

Jarrod Saltalamacchia gets to hit @Col and @Bal probably picking him up if rosario sits tomorow
16 Team Dynasty with Milb rosters (40 man mlb, 35 man milb) 15 start limit, points league
McCatchin Trout
C: Posey
1B: Lind
2B: Kipnis
3B: Lamb
SS: Asdrubal
IF: Hardy
OF: McCutchen, Trout, Beltran, Harrison
U: Gattis, Alvarez, Moustakas
Bench: Ruf, Escobar, Sizemore, Grossman, Dietrich

SP: Zimmerman, Kazmir, Cashner, deGrom, Holland, Simon, Kennedy, Duffy, Morton, Hutchison, McCarthy, Carrasco, Volquez, Miguel Gonzalez, Feldman, Wada, Capuano
RP: Holland, Rosenthal, Melancon, Doolittle, Ramos, Morris, Cecil, Giles
Prospects (35 man rosters):
Bundy, Dahl, Schwarber, Carson Sands, Gillaspie, Medeiros, Luis Ortiz, Miguel A Gonzalez, Cameron Varga, Lorenzen, Lugo, Franmil Reyes, Chase Vallot, Adalberto Mejia, Mella, Heredia, Mike Montgomery, Joan Gregorio, Wendle, Jefry Rodriguez, Vaugh Bryan, Palka, Kevin Franklin, Juan De Leon, Willy Adames, Slegers, Hockin, Max George, Hentges, DeCarr, Tyler DeLoach, Josh Prevost, Amaurys Minier, Yu-Cheng Chang

#4 B.Jason.Upton

B.Jason.Upton

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:51 AM

what do you guys think about tossing Bud Norris out there tomorrow vs TOR?
Team 1 - 12 team h2h daily
C - E Gattis, 1B - C Carter 2B - K Wong, SS - J Rollins, 3B - E Encarnacion, OF - C Gomez, J Upton, M Cabrera, Util - G Polanco, C Dickerson Bench: B Moss
P - Kershaw, Sale, Minor, S Gray, G Richards, D Duffy, J Nelson, M Wacha (DL)
RP - K Uehara, C Kimbrel, N Feliz, K Quackenbush

Team 2 - 12 team h2h daily
C - Y Gomes, 1B - J Abreu, 2B - K Wong, SS - E Andrus, 3B - A Beltre, OF - J Bautista, J Heyward, S Marte UTIL - M Cuddyer, R Davis Bench: H Ramirez (DL)
SP - E Santana, J Quintana, D Duffy, C Tillman, M Pineda, J Paxton, K Hendricks, B Norris
RP - S Cishek, H Rondon, J McGee, K Quackenbush

#5 mortl

mortl

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

Anyone pitching Peacock tonight vs texas ?

#6 PPolanco

PPolanco

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,983 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

Not many people checking this thread anymore but what about David Hale vs Philly. Making a spot-start for Atlanta tomorrow and I'm thinking of grabbing him
I back the realest and original Polanco :-)

#7 dannyusf

dannyusf

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:24 PM

Not many people checking this thread anymore but what about David Hale vs Philly. Making a spot-start for Atlanta tomorrow and I'm thinking of grabbing him

Like it! I am on board!
2013 Fantasy Baseball Champion Friends and Family League
Go Rays ! Go Orioles! Go Alex Cobb!
12 Team H2H Standard 5 Keepers
C: Posey 1B: Goldy!!! 2B: Pedroia 3B: Beltre SS: Boegarts OF: Marte, Jennings, Coco UTL: Napoli Bench: Bogaerts, Taveras, Willingham SP: Darvish, Shields, Price, Cobb, Wacha, Bailey, Peralta RP: Perkins, Britton, Mejia, Doolittle

2014 Fantasy Football 12 team .25 PPR and Return $$$
QB : Kaep WR1: A. Brown WR2 : R. Cobb WR3 : Cordarelle R B1 : McCo y RB2: C J?K TE: Orange Julius F lex: Bernard Pie rce K : Str eam Def : Stream Bench : JOSH GO RDON , Boldin, F. Jackson, Rainey

2014 Fantasy Football 10 team standard $$$
QB : Ka ep WR1 : A J WR2 : Ga rcon RB1 : Fo rte RB2 : CJ?K TE : Orang e Julius Flex: Percy K : Folk Def: KC
Bench: Edeleman, Maclin, Pierce, Pierre Thomas, Fred Jackson, Sproles, JOSH GORDON

#8 v0dka

v0dka

I ♥ football

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,434 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

I don't know much about Hale, but obviously his first outing was dominant (set a Braves record with 9 strikeouts) and has a good match up against Cloyd. Should be a solid streaming option today.
@MikeBaileyNFL

#9 Milk Me

Milk Me

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

I can't recall if I have posted this in a prior thread recently, or if I was just going to and never got around to it BUT... for the final 3 games, if you need to fill out C starts or maximize on as much as you can, I'd wage Dioner Navarro will play the final 3 games, as the Cubs are going to try to play spoiler against the Cards I would think with the rivalry, Sveum's job being in the air, and the player's just having something to prove and pride to play for (after looking pathetic against Pittsburgh recently). Navarro has been a bright spot, and may be the most under-owned player this year given a quick look at his numbers, though I do understand it. (Off-topic, quick note: if he lands somewhere in FA like, say, with the NYY and plays half his games in that stadium AND starts and gets at least 400+ AB?...could be looking at great bargain... just slipping that in here early from watching him this year during games w/ good hitting conditions, he can drive the ball...)
He hasn't started or played consistently all season, but still has the 2nd highest OPS among all catchers (though I am unsure if he qualifies.... still, with 15 HR and an OPS north of .850, a .303 AVG, and a nice OBP to boot, he is worth starting for the final 3 days if you're (instead) trotting a guy like JP Arencibia out there or something. Navarro's pop is legit, and he can get on base. I like him a lot and he's looking at a nice 2 year deal (at least) in FA and a starting job, and he has 3 games to pad his stats. I wouldn't put him past having a big weekend- he has had a few huge games this season..... when he hits, it comes in bunches, and with Castillo out for the year I assume he will get to start the remainder of games. Batting 4 tonight, although I know it's the Cubs lineup we're talking about; 15 HR speaks on its own (especially when you factor in how many AB they came in, and it wasn't a lot).
recap w/ 2 wks remaining...
ROSTER:
C Derek Norris+, 1B Matt Adams, 2B Anthony Rendon, 3B Casey McGehee, SS Alexei Ramirez, CI Brock Holt, MI Arismendy Alcantara, OF(x5) Giancarlo Stanton, Ben Revere, J.D. Martinez, Christian Yellich, Jorge Soler(opening day N/A stash), UTL(x2) Juan Lagares, Khris Davis
BN OF Lorenzo Cain, OF Carl Crawford
SP(x3) Chris Sale, Zach Greink, Phil Hughes, RP(x3) Joe Nathan, Hector Rondon, Edward Mujica, P(SP/RP-x3) Neftali Feliz, Tony Sipp, Chad Qualls, BN Scott Kazmir SP, Carlos Carrasco SP/RP, Jake Arrieta SP
THE DEPOSED:
Kyle Seager (FA add who gave me 31R, 11HR, 54 RBI & 5 SB before dealt), Scooter Gennett (Fa add) dealt for Joe Nathan, 1-for-1 and I've re-added Scooter since his owner had dropped him at points, Corey Dickerson (impatient drop by me-ugh), Goldschmidt(original pick, hit & out for year); Wil Myers(original pick I dropped and didn't want to DL/wait on w/ how he'd been playing), Nolan Arrenado(original pick; dealt for Ben Revere about 3wks ago 1-for-1), Yasiel Puig (dealt 1-for-1 for Greinke about 1-2/4ths into the season), Tulo (went down, original draftee), Kolten Wong (untimely drop), Koji (dealt for 1-for-1 for Heyward, an original pick- dropped recently for Tony Sipp), Brandon Moss (dealt for Yellich and Cody Allen), Mike Cuddyer (on my team as an original pick and re-pickup, but dropped again), Yan Gomes (original 1$ draft pick and C, dropped 2/4th thru for Vogt/Norris combo), Vogt (dropped recently for Carl Crawford I think), Josh Harrison(dealt in a deal for Brock Holt), Sean Doolittle (1IP- 18.00/2.00 WHIP from it, prior to him getting the CL- I f'd up there... outright drop for god knows who), Shelby Miller & Gerrit Cole (14 wins total; both original picks, Miller cut and Cole dealt for Alexei SS 1-for-1), Garrett Richards (11 W- FA add, and cut once injured), Jake McGee, Ronald Belisario, Jenry Mejia- 20SV (McGee dealt in deal for Khris Davis and Matt Adams; Belisario cut; Mejia dealt w/ 1 total SV for Rendon early in year :)
go team go I need the money, GIVE ME THE MONEY STUART LITTLE DILLHOLE. I NEED SOME WHITE LADY, K.

#10 Milk Me

Milk Me

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

This is for people who lost Rosario or other catchers who may have been shut down— other than Rosario, I know there have been 3 or 4 good catchers who were shut-down recently (Mauer is another, no?).

Speaking of Mauer, the Twins' Josmil Pinto who is starting in place of him is another good one for the final 3 games here. I'd recommend him and Navarro about the same, but the Cubs have the role of spoiler to play, although I suppose the Twins do as well..... take your choice if you need a replacement at C or you're using JP Arencibia...
recap w/ 2 wks remaining...
ROSTER:
C Derek Norris+, 1B Matt Adams, 2B Anthony Rendon, 3B Casey McGehee, SS Alexei Ramirez, CI Brock Holt, MI Arismendy Alcantara, OF(x5) Giancarlo Stanton, Ben Revere, J.D. Martinez, Christian Yellich, Jorge Soler(opening day N/A stash), UTL(x2) Juan Lagares, Khris Davis
BN OF Lorenzo Cain, OF Carl Crawford
SP(x3) Chris Sale, Zach Greink, Phil Hughes, RP(x3) Joe Nathan, Hector Rondon, Edward Mujica, P(SP/RP-x3) Neftali Feliz, Tony Sipp, Chad Qualls, BN Scott Kazmir SP, Carlos Carrasco SP/RP, Jake Arrieta SP
THE DEPOSED:
Kyle Seager (FA add who gave me 31R, 11HR, 54 RBI & 5 SB before dealt), Scooter Gennett (Fa add) dealt for Joe Nathan, 1-for-1 and I've re-added Scooter since his owner had dropped him at points, Corey Dickerson (impatient drop by me-ugh), Goldschmidt(original pick, hit & out for year); Wil Myers(original pick I dropped and didn't want to DL/wait on w/ how he'd been playing), Nolan Arrenado(original pick; dealt for Ben Revere about 3wks ago 1-for-1), Yasiel Puig (dealt 1-for-1 for Greinke about 1-2/4ths into the season), Tulo (went down, original draftee), Kolten Wong (untimely drop), Koji (dealt for 1-for-1 for Heyward, an original pick- dropped recently for Tony Sipp), Brandon Moss (dealt for Yellich and Cody Allen), Mike Cuddyer (on my team as an original pick and re-pickup, but dropped again), Yan Gomes (original 1$ draft pick and C, dropped 2/4th thru for Vogt/Norris combo), Vogt (dropped recently for Carl Crawford I think), Josh Harrison(dealt in a deal for Brock Holt), Sean Doolittle (1IP- 18.00/2.00 WHIP from it, prior to him getting the CL- I f'd up there... outright drop for god knows who), Shelby Miller & Gerrit Cole (14 wins total; both original picks, Miller cut and Cole dealt for Alexei SS 1-for-1), Garrett Richards (11 W- FA add, and cut once injured), Jake McGee, Ronald Belisario, Jenry Mejia- 20SV (McGee dealt in deal for Khris Davis and Matt Adams; Belisario cut; Mejia dealt w/ 1 total SV for Rendon early in year :)
go team go I need the money, GIVE ME THE MONEY STUART LITTLE DILLHOLE. I NEED SOME WHITE LADY, K.

#11 Spuds

Spuds

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

Anyone giving Jimmy Nelson a try tomorrow at the Mets? First career start.
Minnesota State Screaming Eagles