- - - - -

Terrance Williams 2013 Season OutlookDallas' 3rd round WR

• Please log in to reply
541 replies to this topic

#1 JimmyGs

JimmyGs
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

So Austin nursing another hammy and Dwayne Harris was unable to practice today due to a hip injury. That would mean Terrance would likely be on all snaps if both these guys sit. It is a juicy matchup for Romo and any active receivers this week against SD. Thoughts?

http://espn.go.com/b...n-two-receivers

Edited by JimmyGs, 25 September 2013 - 12:43 PM.

#2 Deadpool

Deadpool

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,960 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:06 PM

Nice deep sleeper.  They had him much higher on their board than where they drafted him as well.
12 Team Keeper League
(11-2) Runner up
QB: N. Foles
RB: E. Lacy, R. Bush, G. Bernard, S. Vereen, A. Brown, (L. Murray)
WR: C. Johnson, J. Nelson, M. Wallace, P. Harvin, J. Blackmon
TE: J. Graham, D. Pitta, (R. Gronkowski)

#3 JimmyGs

JimmyGs
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:50 AM

Rotoworld today says:
Terrance Williams will start Sunday's game against the Chargers if Miles Austin (hamstring) is inactive.
Dwayne Harris is nursing a minor hip injury, but would also be in the mix for work in two-receiver sets. Williams, a third-round rookie out of Baylor, has recovered from a brutal Week 1 showing to handle himself reasonably well in two straight games. He'd be on the extreme deep-league radar for desperate owners if Austin can't go.

Always fun to speculate on these upstarts. I'd love to have an Ogletree moment again for one game.

#4 ss3walkman

ss3walkman

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:51 AM

I'd rather have a Laurent series than a Ogletree moment

#5 JimmyGs

JimmyGs
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:27 AM

View Postss3walkman, on 26 September 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:

I'd rather have a Laurent series than a Ogletree moment
Ogletree moments last a lifetime.

#6 Z06vette

Z06vette

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,195 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

Miles Austin didn't practice again today.
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

"A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn’t see the clouds at all – he’s walking on them. " - Leonard Louis Levinson

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

#7 JimmyGs

JimmyGs
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

View PostZ06vette, on 26 September 2013 - 12:21 PM, said:

And:
Cowboys WR Dwayne Harris (hip) missed his second consecutive practice Thursday.
Harris was in line for a bigger role in Week 4 with Miles Austin (hip) looking shaky, but it instead appears he's headed toward the pine. The Cowboys could be left with just Terrance Williams and Cole Beasley behind Dez Bryant on Sunday.
Source: Dallas Morning News Sep 26 - 1:20 PM

This will either be the Dez/Whitten weekend or Williams goes OFF! Which is it, managers?

Edited by JimmyGs, 26 September 2013 - 12:37 PM.

#8 blangtang

blangtang

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

View PostJimmyGs, on 26 September 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

View PostZ06vette, on 26 September 2013 - 12:21 PM, said:

And:
Cowboys WR Dwayne Harris (hip) missed his second consecutive practice Thursday.
Harris was in line for a bigger role in Week 4 with Miles Austin (hip) looking shaky, but it instead appears he's headed toward the pine. The Cowboys could be left with just Terrance Williams and Cole Beasley behind Dez Bryant on Sunday.
Source: Dallas Morning News Sep 26 - 1:20 PM

This will either be the Dez/Whitten weekend or Williams goes OFF! Which is it, managers?
Probably Gavin Escobar.

Williams is a guy to keep an eye on if Austin is out

#9 JimmyGs

JimmyGs
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:36 AM

Still looking good for TW to be #2 this weekend against SD which has given up... wait for it... the most YPG (357!) to receivers of any team so far this year on 80 rec and 6 receiving TDs to boot!
That means there are roughly two TDs to be shared between Dez, Whitten and TW which makes it a 50% chance that TW could have a score in this game plus a chance for double digit receptions and >100 yds.

#10 JimmyGs

JimmyGs
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

Born in Dallas and went to Baylor so he grew up fantasying about starting for the BOYS one day. What a good story and great opportunity for this young upstart.

Edited by JimmyGs, 27 September 2013 - 09:51 AM.

#11 JimmyGs

JimmyGs
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:12 AM

Grumble....

Cowboys WR Dwayne Harris (hip) is expected to play in Sunday's game against the Chargers.Harris missed his second consecutive practice Thursday, but should be fine for Week 4. He could be asked to take on a bigger role with Miles Austin dealing with a hamstring injury. If Austin is inactive, Terrance Williams will start, with Harris playing the slot in three-wide sets. Sep 27 - 11:00 AM

:angry:

#12 Z06vette

Z06vette

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,195 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:13 PM

Is this guy starting or what? I keep reading all these different reports.

The website calls Austin "unlikely" for Week 4 after missing every practice this week. Raw rookie Terrance Williams will get the start, with Dwayne Harris and Cole Beasley's roles increasing. Dez Bryant and Jason Witten should dominate Tony Romo's targets. We'd hang onto Austin in fantasy leagues for now, but his return timetable is wholly uncertain. He has a long history of bad hamstrings.
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

"A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn’t see the clouds at all – he’s walking on them. " - Leonard Louis Levinson

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

#13 ss3walkman

ss3walkman

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

Austin is OUT

#14 JimmyGs

JimmyGs
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

I respect Evan Silva's write-ups and opinion and he is not feeling good about anyone outside of Dez and Whitten if Miles is out. Also, I received a message from a Dallas beat writer that he thought Beasley would play in the slot on three wide AND possibly more productive with Romo. So now I am torn. It is already a stretch on all of these unknown players. However, I think it is a lottery ticket that could really pay off if you chose the correct receiver because Austin's hammy issues are often lingering.

#15 mjb03003

mjb03003

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,431 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

I just watched a video on NFL.com about this kid where they called him perhaps the best WR in the draft this year. They projected he would go in the first round, and possibly as high as a top 10 pick.

Hopefully with Austin missing the entire week in practice, Williams has gotten in plenty of reps with the first team offense/Romo, and there's some rapport there.

This definitely has the feel of a multi-week stretch of fantasy usefulness if he can show well on Sunday (and Austin remains sidelined a while, which he probably will), but it'd be hard to start him this week unless you're desperate since he didn't get a single target last week.

Edited by mjb03003, 27 September 2013 - 03:40 PM.

#16 cyberer

cyberer

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,177 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

Desperation WR3 for me with Jordy on the bye and lance moore not playing.
SIG UPDATED TO INCLUDE FOOTBALL!

Purple Breesus   1st place place in points/standings

12 Team PPR

QB Brees
WR1 Dez Bryant
WR2 Demaryius Thomas
WR3 Jordy Nelson
RB1 Adrian Peterson
RB2 Darren Sproles
TE Rob Gronkowski
FLEX Kendall Wright OR Pierre Thomas OR Bobby Rainey

K Crosby
DEF Saints, Jets (playing weekly matchups)

BENCH: Mike Tolbert, Mario Manningham, Miles Austin, Cordarrelle Patterson, Chris Ogbonnaya

#17 ss3walkman

ss3walkman

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

Have a feeling he might be on next weeks waiver wire add lists

#18 coleporter

coleporter

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:39 AM

Could be ironic if he does good in a starting role. Austin got his chance with an injury to Roy Williams and went off for over 250 yards and 2 touchdowns. The irony I mentioned is that things could come full circle with Williams replacing Austin. Do I think the impact will be the same? No, but it could be an interesting situation depending on how Austin recovers. This really could be one of those sneaky under the radar pick ups.
C   Gomes
1B Goldschmidt
2B Altuve
3B Castellanos
SS Jordy Mercer
OF Puig
OF JD Martinez
Of  Polanco
UTL Jose Abreu

Bench: Calhoun, Ozuna, Uribe, Vogt
Multi-Position: Castellanos (OF, 3B), Santana (SS,OF), Vogt (C, 1B, OF)
SP: Alex Wood Teheran,  Arrieta, Stroman, . RP: Rosenthal, Howell, Doolittle, Gregerson
DL: Myers, Danny Santana

#19 funkybudda

funkybudda

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:46 PM

anyone know if this kid will be on limited snaps in this weeks game?
14 Teams Standard Scoring
QB: Matt Ryan, Foles, Cutler
WR: K Allen,TY Hilton, T Williams, M Jones, R Cobb,
RB: L McCoy, L Bell, Andre Brown
TE: J Graham, J Reed
K:  S Gostkowski
DEF: Panthers, Saints

12 Teams 1 pt PPR
QB: A Rodgers, Big Ben
WR: V Cruz, J Nelson, Terrance Williams, M Jones, P Harvin
RB: A Peterson, Z Stacy, A Ellington, Andre Brown
TE: V Davis, T Wright
K: G Hartley
DEF: Seahawks

#20 blangtang

blangtang

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

View Postfunkybudda, on 28 September 2013 - 01:46 PM, said:

anyone know if this kid will be on limited snaps in this weeks game?

all i've seen is he will start opposite Dez, but it remains to be seen who plays in the slot on 3 WR sets.

But it sounds like Beasley,Harris, and Williams will all be in the mix for more snaps than they've seen so far.

Harris is the one who caught a TD in the 4th Q last game when Austin was out, but it has been reported he has a hip issue as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users