254 replies to this topic

#1 instant290

instant290

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:10 PM

So we are heading into week 4, and this is usually the time when very poor starting teams starting to warm up the britches of their particular head coach.

Greg Schiano is my candidate for first guy to go, I think it is just a matter of time for him...he has been a pretty big failure so far and despite a pretty talented team, the Bucs have faceplanted so far this season. Blame lies on Schiano in my eyes, and he should have never been hired in the first place.

Other notable warm cabooses
-Ron Rivera
-Jim Schwartz
-Jeff Fischer
-Sexy Rexy
-Mike Shanny

Edited by instant290, 26 September 2013 - 11:12 PM.

• ap0calypse likes this

#2 SilentSentinel

SilentSentinel

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:14 PM

Schiano needs to be gone. The Glazer's never fire coaches in the middle of the season though, so it'll probably be after the season ends rather than a midseason canning.
12 Team Standard (Pick 11) (4-2)
QB: Jay Cutler,
RB: Demarco Murray, Andre Ellington, Ahmad Bradshaw, Isiah Crowell, Jerick McKinnon
WR: Dez Bryant, Keenan Allen, Mike Wallace, Brandin Cooks, Kelvin Benjamin, Josh Gordon
TE: Jordan Cameron, Travis Kelce
Def: Lions
K: Matt Bryant
12 Team 0.5 PPR IDP Dynasty (6-0)
QB: Peyton Manning, Tony Romo, Austin Davis
RB: Ahmad Bradshaw, Lamar Miller, Reggie Bush, Joique Bell, Isiah Crowell, Terrance West, Christine Michael, Robert Turbin, Shonn Greene, Brandon Bolden, Chris Polk
WR: Dez Bryant, Michael Floyd, Percy Harvin, Torrey Smith, Allen Hurns, Brian Tyms
TE: Julius Thomas, Jordan Cameron, Tim Wright
K: Dan Bailey
DL: Chandler Jones, Jason Pierre-Paul
LB: Lavonte David, D'Qwell Jackson
DB: Antrel Rolle

#3 moeron22

moeron22

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:15 PM

Coughlin

#4 ap0calypse

ap0calypse

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

Coughlin

It would be nice to not have to look at that bewildered skeleton turning red all winter long

Edited by ap0calypse, 26 September 2013 - 11:23 PM.

#5 Travdaddy10

Travdaddy10

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,993 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

Schiano should have been fired right after the game where the DT's were doing that weird s*** to the center when the QB was kneeling out the game.

#6 HTXMade

HTXMade

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:29 PM

Gary Kubiak

8 years and hasn't done crap. Only 2 playoff victories against the Bengals :\ .... yay
  • Stingarov likes this

#7 dmb3684

dmb3684

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,707 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:36 PM

You people saying Coughlin are crazy and know nothing about anything.

I'd vote Schiano.

#8 instant290

instant290

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:46 PM

Gary Kubiak

8 years and hasn't done crap. Only 2 playoff victories against the Bengals :\ .... yay

As a Texan fan I agree, Kubiak and Schaub will not get us to a Superbowl...but you don't get fired when you make the playoffs back to back years, so we are stuck with Kubes for the time being. Besides, although I don't think he is great, he is still a pretty good coach and better than what a lot of bottom barrel teams have.

#9 Knicks2689

Knicks2689

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:49 PM

Coughlin

I'm a Giants fan Coughlin would never be fired midseason he could go 1-7 they wouldn't fire him in season.. That said I think they turn it around to an extent. Not Coughlins fault the O-Line is miserable hes a proven winner

Edited by Knicks2689, 26 September 2013 - 11:58 PM.

#10 Knicks2689

Knicks2689

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:50 PM

Gary Kubiak

As a Texan fan I agree, Kubiak and Schaub will not get us to a Superbowl...but you don't get fired when you make the playoffs back to back years, so we are stuck with Kubes for the time being. Besides, although I don't think he is great, he is still a pretty good coach and better than what a lot of bottom barrel teams have.

Would be cool if they drafted Manziel since stupid Todd Mcshay has AJ Maccaron ranked ahead of him hahahaha and people have Manziel ranked as a second rounder

Edited by Knicks2689, 26 September 2013 - 11:50 PM.

#11 BigBlue860

BigBlue860

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:56 PM

I'd vote Schiano.

Agree

Not cause I'm a fan but its the players not playing tough enough

N o line is aging n needs better play
My 12 Team PPR 2 FLEX Spots/ 10 Team PPR 1 FLEX [size=2]updated as of 9/17/14[/size]

QB Andrew Luck/ Andrew Luck
WR Mohamed Sanu/ Steve Smith Sr.
WR Kendall Wright/ Odell Beckham Jr.
WR Odell Beckham Jr./ Julio Jones
RB LeSean McCoy/ Matt Forte
RB Doug Martin/ Reggie Bush
TE Jason Witten/ Travis Kelce
FLEX Arian Foster/ Darren Sproles
FLEX Chris Ivory/ N/A
K Stephen Gostkowski/ Brandon McManus
DEF Denver/San Diego/ Sandiego
BN Devin Hester/ Knile Davis
BN Mike Evans/ Jerick Mckinnon
BN Tim Wright/ Jordan Reed
BN Marqise Lee/ Percy Harvin
BN Antone Smith / Ryan Mathews
BN Cordarelle Patterson/ Cordarelle Patterson.

#12 Cmilne23

Cmilne23

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,020 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:13 AM

John Fox

Save the money, we all know Peyton is pretty much the head coach anyway!

#13 mjk356

mjk356

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,558 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:17 AM

John Fox

You could put a corpse on the sidelines and win 10 games with Manning as QB. In fact, Indianapolis did just that in the Jim Caldwell years.
  • Cmilne23 and lolcopter like this

#14 Cmilne23

Cmilne23

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 11,020 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:28 AM

John Fox

You could put a corpse on the sidelines and win 10 games with Manning as QB. In fact, Indianapolis did just that in the Jim Caldwell years.

LOL true, its so fun to watch Bronco games. The offensive coordinator on that team has the biggest sham job in sports. Lets watch this guy get a head coach job in 2 years and not win 2 or 3 games in any season he coaches. Manning calls all the plays, he calls all the protections. The offensive coordinator is pretty much a sound board for what the game plan is going to be.
  • Knicks2689 likes this

#15 mjk356

mjk356

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,558 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:37 AM

John Fox

LOL true, its so fun to watch Bronco games. The offensive coordinator on that team has the biggest sham job in sports. Lets watch this guy get a head coach job in 2 years and not win 2 or 3 games in any season he coaches. Manning calls all the plays, he calls all the protections. The offensive coordinator is pretty much a sound board for what the game plan is going to be.

It's the same as having LeBron or Jordan in basketball, or the Giants' pitching staff of the last several years in MLB. It makes managers and coaches look real smart. Erik Spoelstra and Bruce "Dome Piece" Bochy have been in the right place at the right time. Same as Fox. Fox has to probably get permission from Manning to give speeches in the locker room.

#16 moeron22

moeron22

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:41 AM

Coughlin

I'm a Giants fan Coughlin would never be fired midseason he could go 1-7 they wouldn't fire him in season.. That said I think they turn it around to an extent. Not Coughlins fault the O-Line is miserable hes a proven winner

I didn't necessarily mean he would get fired mid-season. Thread is titled "Head Coaches on the Hot Seat," Coughlin always seems to be on the "hot seat," in 06-07 there were calls for him to be canned until he lucked into a SB win, and if this year continues like it has been going his seat will definitely be warm.

#17 moeron22

moeron22

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:43 AM

I'd vote Schiano.

I'm the only one who said Coughlin, and I can assure you I know more than you do about everything.

Edited by moeron22, 27 September 2013 - 12:43 AM.

• Spina likes this

#18 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 25,907 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:03 PM

Ron Rivera is probably at the top of the list as he's in his third season and Carolina hasn't really gotten better. It was a must win last week so he probably gets another 3-4 games. Very easy upcoming 4 games although 3 on the road. If he goes 1-3 then he's in real trouble with the gauntlet of ATL, SF, and NE after....

I don't think Schiano's seat is as warm as we think. Freeman had his issues with maturity and responsibility and the front office seem to be backing Schiano. Anytime you move on from a QB from the past regime, you generally get some time and he's only in his 2nd season.

Coughlin is always on the hot seat form a media scrutiny situation, but I doubt very much he's in danger of losing his job.

Fisher gets another year or two.

Rex could be on the hot seat but they're playing well right now and with a rookie QB. If they really slump then I could see it, but I think he gets the rest of the season.

Jason Garrett could be in some trouble if Dallas slumps b/c Jerrah Jones is an idiot and won't fire himself.

Everyone else is pretty safe. Maybe Leslie Frazier but they're coming off a playoff run with no QB.

Everyone else looks pretty safe......Maybe Schwartz if they self destruct again....
"Give me a break, I'm a product of divorce!"

#19 Giants4XChamps

Giants4XChamps

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

Coughlin

No, he's hot-seat proof. He's been the keystone of our organization since '04 (funny considering he was a receivers coach for us in the 80s). We would never oust him because of one bad season, as far as I'm concerned he's welcome to leave when he damn well pleases.

He's a three-time Superbowl winning coach for us (Superbowl XXV as a Receivers Coach). I'll say it again to drive the point home, he's hot-seat proof.

#20 Stickfig13

Stickfig13

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,108 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

Coughlin

No, he's hot-seat proof. He's been the keystone of our organization since '04 (funny considering he was a receivers coach for us in the 80s). We would never oust him because of one bad season, as far as I'm concerned he's welcome to leave when he damn well pleases.

He's a three-time Superbowl winning coach for us (Superbowl XXV as a Receivers Coach). I'll say it again to drive the point home, he's hot-seat proof.

Until you go to 0-4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users