Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Yahoo Fantasy Football League - Player RankingsPlayers tab > Rankings > Actual vs. Projected

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 skye2388

skye2388

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:22 AM

I have never used this function before, but just became aware of it.  In my Yahoo fantasy football league, if you go to the players tab and filter to "all players" "all positions"...there is a "rankings" column and underneath it you can click on "actual" and "projected" to sort players by actual or projected rankings.

What exactly is this and how is it determined or calculated?

I'm just wondering because in the past, I've usually used the players tab and then sorted by fantasy points scored thus far and used that as a general compass as to what player rankings were.

My guess would be that value at a certain skill position is considered but if that's the case how is it calculated?

Jimmy Graham is currently ranked #2 when you sort by actual rankings (behind Peyton of course) and I'm assuming that's because he's far outscored other TE's by miles.
10-team Keepers league
Starters: QB1 QB2 RB1 RB2 WR1 WR2 W/R/T TE DEF K
5 bench spots

QB: Colin Kaepernick, Ben Roethlisberger, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Josh McCown
RB: Jamaal Charles, Giovani Bernard, Le'Veon Bell, Montee Ball
WR: D. Thomas, Riley Cooper, Julian Edelman
TE: Vernon Davis, Julius Thomas
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: Seattle

#2 lbjames6

lbjames6

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,790 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

View Postskye2388, on 03 October 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

I have never used this function before, but just became aware of it.  In my Yahoo fantasy football league, if you go to the players tab and filter to "all players" "all positions"...there is a "rankings" column and underneath it you can click on "actual" and "projected" to sort players by actual or projected rankings.

I'm just wondering because in the past, I've usually used the players tab and then sorted by fantasy points scored thus far and used that as a general compass as to what player rankings were.

My guess would be that value at a certain skill position is considered but if that's the case how is it calculated?

Jimmy Graham is currently ranked #2 when you sort by actual rankings (behind Peyton of course) and I'm assuming that's because he's far outscored other TE's by miles.

The projections are computer generated based on likely outcomes (.3 touchdowns? Really?)and are practically useless. The actual rankings are pretty much what it sounds like.
Yahoo $$$ 12 Team 5x5 H2H
Infield - Salvador Perez, Prince Fielder, Aaron Hill, Edwin Encarnacion, Jean Segura
Outfield - Alex Rios, Wil Myers, Khris Davis
Utility - Jose Abreu, Everth Cabrera
Bench - Kole Calhoun, Michael Morse*
Starters - Jose Fernandez, Michael Wacha, Danny Salazar, Sonny Gray, Andrew Cashner, Yordano Ventura, James Paxton (DL), Michael Pineda, Tommy Milone*
Relievers - Sergio Santos, Matt Lindstrom*, Francisco Rodriguez*, Ryan Cook*
* - Waiver pickup.....^Trade pickup
Yahoo $$$ 12 Team 5x5 H2H
Infield - Evan Gattis, Paul Goldschmidt, Jedd Gyorko, Kyle Seager, Ian Desmond
Outfield - Yasiel Puig, Jose Bautista, Wil Myers
Utility - Carlos Beltran, Everth Cabrera
Bench - Justin Morneau
Starters - Gio Gonzalez, Alex Cobb, Andrew Cashner, Alex Wood, Sonny Gray, Zach Wheeler, Chris Tillman, Michael Pineda
Relievers - Matt Lindstrom*, Francisco Rodriguez*, Jose Valverde*

#3 to_be_quite_frank

to_be_quite_frank

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

View Postskye2388, on 03 October 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

Well, the "actual rankings" are simply a ranking of players based on points. Jimmy Graham must be the second ranked player overall by points
“They don't think it be like it is, but it do.”

- Oscar Gamble

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users