29 replies to this topic

#1 My Dinner With Andre

My Dinner With Andre

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:23 PM

He has pretty good (albeit limited) career stats considering he's been playing with either rookie/inept QBs. So far this season he's caught 7 of his 8 targets for 139 yds and 2 TDs.

Also, he ran a 4.45 at his Pro Day?

#2 MickeyMouse

MickeyMouse

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Interests:MinnieMouse, Goofy, Pluto, Cheesetits

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

He is a good pick up in a 50 man league

#3 pikerbkb

pikerbkb

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

View PostMy Dinner With Andre, on 08 October 2013 - 10:23 PM, said:

He has pretty good (albeit limited) career stats considering he's been playing with either rookie/inept QBs. So far this season he's caught 7 of his 8 targets for 139 yds and 2 TDs.

I am trying to figure out if he is worth an add in my dynasty league. We have to bid on the ww and my first choice is Garrett Graham for obvious reasons, but Cumberland is intriguing. My question is his lack of production because of the Jets offensive scheme and having Mark Buttfumble as his QB or does he just not have the skills to be a primary target? Only time will tell. We have a fairly deep rosters in this league and I am sure he will be targeted by other owners. Just gotta figure out if he is worth bumping another stash and how much to spend.

In redraft he would only be worth a stash if your roster and situation dictated rolling the dice and taking a wait and see approach to him breaking out. It is certainly possible that he could prove to be a legitimate pass catching option/valuable fantasy asset given that factors beyond his control definitely influenced his production negatively.

Edited by pikerbkb, 09 October 2013 - 01:56 PM.

Tom Brady
Arian Foster
Stevan Ridley
Eddie Lacy
Zac Stacy
Ben Tate
Da'Dick Rodgers
Josh Gordon
Marcus Wheaton
Nuk
Ladarius Green

Dynasty non-ppr
12 Team
24 player roster
No position limits

#4 96mnc

96mnc

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,130 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:25 PM

View Postpikerbkb, on 09 October 2013 - 01:54 PM, said:

View PostMy Dinner With Andre, on 08 October 2013 - 10:23 PM, said:

I am trying to figure out if he is worth an add in my dynasty league. We have to bid on the ww and my first choice is Garrett Graham for obvious reasons, but Cumberland is intriguing. My question is his lack of production because of the Jets offensive scheme and having Mark Buttfumble as his QB or does he just not have the skills to be a primary target? Only time will tell. We have a fairly deep rosters in this league and I am sure he will be targeted by other owners. Just gotta figure out if he is worth bumping another stash and how much to spend.

In redraft he would only be worth a stash if your roster and situation dictated rolling the dice and taking a wait and see approach to him breaking out. It is certainly possible that he could prove to be a legitimate pass catching option/valuable fantasy asset given that factors beyond his control definitely influenced his production negatively.

He's been on my deep dynasty roster for two years.  He has the physical ability to be a great pass catching te and seam route threat...he's quite the athlete.  However, qb issues have always prevented him from busting out.  

Fwiw, I'd rather have G. Graham while Daniels is out.  Toss up on the two for next year.

#5 Trip McNeely

Trip McNeely

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

He's better than Winslow and is the only real mismatch in the Jets passing game. I'd rather start him than some other slugs. Geno can get the ball down the field.

#6 pikerbkb

pikerbkb

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

View PostTrip McNeely, on 09 October 2013 - 03:44 PM, said:

He's better than Winslow and is the only real mismatch in the Jets passing game. I'd rather start him than some other slugs. Geno can get the ball down the field.
Not to stray too far off-topic, but the Jets have a sneaky good offensive team when everything is working right/everyone is healthy. Geno has the potential to be a very good QB. They have Holmes, Hill and Cumberland. In the backfield they have Powell, Ivory and Goodson. Good offensive line and a pretty good defense of course. The Jets could be one of those teams that starts to get hot at the end of the year. They are already exceeding expectations as it is.
Tom Brady
Arian Foster
Stevan Ridley
Eddie Lacy
Zac Stacy
Ben Tate
Da'Dick Rodgers
Josh Gordon
Marcus Wheaton
Nuk
Ladarius Green

Dynasty non-ppr
12 Team
24 player roster
No position limits

#7 stevekerr01

stevekerr01

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

So cumberland is the jet to own over winslow is that the thought by everyone?
H2H 10 team points
C Mauer, 1B David Ortiz, 2B Dustin Pedrioa, SS Troy Tulo, 3B Ryan Zimmerman, OF Carlos Gonzalez, OF Justin Upton, OF Allen Craig, OF Mark Trumbo, Util Desmond Jennings, Util Gyorko, Bench Texiera, Rollins, Swisher
SP Ryu, Jared Weaver, Mike Minor, Iwakuma, Gallardo, Garza, Haren, Mike Leake, RP balfour, Fernando Rodney, H. Street

#8 Spina

Spina

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts
  • Interests:Talent + Opportunity = Success

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:27 PM

As a fan of the Jets, I have always liked his potential - - big dude who both runs and catches well.

2010: Undrafted FA, Practice Squad
2011: got his first real play then torn his achilles early in the season - - I remember being really disappointed.
2012: played well, but was also playing behind Dustin Keller
2013: playing behind Winslow...for now.

Monday Night: Everything made sense for him to make an impact that game - - Santonio hurt, Stephen Hill limited all week with a concussion, Winslow's balky knees, and Atlanta starting two RFAs at LB led to the offensive gameplan working the seam. As the season goes on, I see Cumberland becoming more and more involved in the week-to-week gameplans and we might see less and less of Winslow. Cumberland has the potential to be the future and possibly the present TE of the NY Jets.

However, I wouldn't run to the WW to scoop him just yet - - decent bye-week filler if you want to roll the dice with no other options.
__Master Mind___
12 Team H2H 11x11

C: Devin Mesoraco
1B: David Ortiz
2B: Aaron Hill
3B: Manny Machado
SS: Jimmy Rollins
OF: Jose Bautista
OF: Yasiel Puig
OF: Justin Upton
UT: Mike Napoli

Bench: Yangervis Solarte, Domonic Brown, Bryce Harper DL, Oscar Taveras NA Javier Baez NA

Julio Teheran, Andrew Cashner DL, Francisco Liriano DL, Jeff Samardzija, Alex Cobb,
Travis Wood, AJ Burnett, Yordano Ventura, Roenis Elias, Drew Hutchison, Chase Anderson

#9 stevekerr01

stevekerr01

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

they signed sudefield too from the pats wonder if he starts getting involved too
H2H 10 team points
C Mauer, 1B David Ortiz, 2B Dustin Pedrioa, SS Troy Tulo, 3B Ryan Zimmerman, OF Carlos Gonzalez, OF Justin Upton, OF Allen Craig, OF Mark Trumbo, Util Desmond Jennings, Util Gyorko, Bench Texiera, Rollins, Swisher
SP Ryu, Jared Weaver, Mike Minor, Iwakuma, Gallardo, Garza, Haren, Mike Leake, RP balfour, Fernando Rodney, H. Street

#10 Giants4XChamps

Giants4XChamps

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

NFL suspended Jets TE Kellen Winslow four games for violating the league's policy against PEDs.
He can be removed from fantasy rosters of all kinds. At this point, it wouldn't be unfair to wonder if Winslow invested on the performance enhancers as a means of resurrecting his career after essentially falling out of football. He's been cut by several teams over the past few seasons. The Jets will move forward with Jeff Cumberland as their primary tight end. They also have former Patriot Zach Sudfeld on the roster, and the player once nicknamed "Baby Gronk" is expected to be active in Week 6 against the Steelers.

Arrow pointing up for Mr. Cumberland.

Edited by Giants4XChamps, 11 October 2013 - 03:26 PM.

#11 screaming_vultures

screaming_vultures

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

Rotoworld's Tuesday blurb said not to add Cumberland.
Baseball - Yahoo - 12 team - H2H - 11 Cat(R/HR/RBI/SB/AVG/OPS/W/SV/K/ERA/WHIP)

Hitters
C Miguel Montero
1B Freddie Freeman
2B Daniel Murphy
3B Edwin Encarnacion
SS Mookie Betts
IF Adam Lind
OF1 Shin-Soo Choo
OF2 Melky Cabrera
OF3 Nick Markakis
OF4 Kole Calhoun
Util Anthony Rendon
DL Michael Cuddyer, Joe Mauer
Pitchers
SP: Félix Hernández, Zack Greinke, Michael Wacha, Johnny Cueto, Tanner Roark, Matt Cain, Rick Porcello, Alfredo Simon, Michael Pineda, James Paxton
RP: Trevor Rosenthal, Greg Holland, Jonathan Papelbon, Joe Smith, Jenry Mejia

#12 bemsha

bemsha

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

View Postscreaming_vultures, on 11 October 2013 - 03:44 PM, said:

Now I'm considering adding him.
PPR league.   6-pt for TDs.  5-pt bonus for 100 yards receiving/rushing.  2-pt bonus for 40 yd rush/reception, with an extra 2 if it's a TD.  lots of scoring for DEF.  a good D outscores a good RB any given week.

QB: RG3
WR:  Cruz, Steve Smith, Marvin Jones
RB: Darren Sproles, Zac Stacy
TE: Greg Olsen   
Flex: Fred Jackson
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: Cincinnati  (dropped Chicago)

Bench:  
QB: Foles
WR:  Percy Harvin, Doug Baldwin
RB: S JAX, Andre Ellington, Mike James

#13 yanksman

yanksman

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

View Postbemsha, on 11 October 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

winslow got 1 target last game

#14 screaming_vultures

screaming_vultures

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

View Postyanksman, on 11 October 2013 - 04:31 PM, said:

Cause Cumberland was targeted in that game. Also on average Geno.Smith has been targetting tight ends about 6-7 times a game. That is pretty decent imo. And as Cumberland has shown that he will do more with them than Winslow. Anyways I don't seem to understand why he isn't worth rostering if your TE is on a bye or injured.

Edited by screaming_vultures, 11 October 2013 - 04:49 PM.

Hitters
C Miguel Montero
1B Freddie Freeman
2B Daniel Murphy
3B Edwin Encarnacion
SS Mookie Betts
IF Adam Lind
OF1 Shin-Soo Choo
OF2 Melky Cabrera
OF3 Nick Markakis
OF4 Kole Calhoun
Util Anthony Rendon
Pitchers
SP: Félix Hernández, Zack Greinke, Michael Wacha, Johnny Cueto, Tanner Roark, Matt Cain, Rick Porcello, Alfredo Simon, Michael Pineda, James Paxton

#15 yanksman

yanksman

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

View Postscreaming_vultures, on 11 October 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

Cause Cumberland was targeted in that game. Also on average Geno.Smith has been targetting tight ends about 6-7 times a game. That is pretty decent imo. And as Cumberland has shown that he will do more with them than Winslow. Anyways I don't seem to understand why he isn't worth rostering if your TE is on a bye or injured.
im saying the loss of winslow has little effect on him

#16 Spyplane

Spyplane

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

Jordan Reed should be available in most leagues. He's done more than this guy, he's has a better QB and he has a juicy matchup. I think you can do better than this guy this week.

#17 96mnc

96mnc

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,130 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

View Postyanksman, on 11 October 2013 - 06:09 PM, said:

Disagree, one less option to take away targets.  That one Winslow reception last week was a TD.

#18 yanksman

yanksman

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

View Post96mnc, on 11 October 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

View Postyanksman, on 11 October 2013 - 06:09 PM, said:

Disagree, one less option to take away targets.  That one Winslow reception last week was a TD.
it was still one target

#19 screaming_vultures

screaming_vultures

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:25 PM

Geno Smith to Kellen Winslow/Jeff Cumberland - 32 targets/24 receptions  in 5 weeks
As a comparison
Jimmy Graham - 53 targets/37 receptions
Marttellus Bennett - 44 targets/31 receptions
Julius Thomas - 36 targets/27 receptions
Jared Cook - 35 targets /20 receptions

Geno can support a low end TE1 pretty easily.

Edited by screaming_vultures, 11 October 2013 - 07:25 PM.

Hitters
C Miguel Montero
1B Freddie Freeman
2B Daniel Murphy
3B Edwin Encarnacion
SS Mookie Betts
IF Adam Lind
OF1 Shin-Soo Choo
OF2 Melky Cabrera
OF3 Nick Markakis
OF4 Kole Calhoun
Util Anthony Rendon
Pitchers

#20 The King Maker

The King Maker

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

I think the stats are a bit misleading though.  The Jets were essentially missing their biggest weapon on offense in Stephen Hill the last two weeks because he was hurt on the second play of the Titans game, and pretty much ran decoy routes all game in Atlanta until the final drive.  I think Cumberland has some decent potential, but it also played into the Falcons having in-experienced LBs and a lack of options I believe.

Saying all that, he does have some potential, but as of now I think it's just buying on potential.  And maybe it's his name, but Cumberland, just makes him sound so slow.  Maybe if his name was Ben Lightning, his owned percentage would be higher for sure, lol.  He played WR for a bit too I believe in college and the Jets have run him out there in a few WR sets last year if I recall correctly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users