36 replies to this topic

#1 hard1

hard1

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

http://phinphanatic....ryan-tannehill/ second article I have read today about the phins running game...may be time to post about this guy. I do find it odd that they have not given miller the keys to the car unless they really don't think he is the answer?

Edited by hard1, 09 October 2013 - 10:26 PM.

• JoshKnows46 likes this

#2 JimmyGs

JimmyGs
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:30 PM

This is kind of juicy. I like it. Love these forums. Maybe we will see a carry or two against Buffalo. Anyone know if he has practiced with first team?

#3 hard1

hard1

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

I don't think he has but clearly subject to change over the bye...kinda smells like a set up but it kinda smells like Zac Stacy too..

Edited by hard1, 09 October 2013 - 10:31 PM.

#4 dnems1111

dnems1111

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

He's got to get a shot at some time right? Lamar is doing decent I guess..

#5 hard1

hard1

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

I think the key here is replacing Thomas in the committee and going from there...but anything is possible

#6 JimmyGs

JimmyGs
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

I think the key here is replacing Thomas in the committee and going from there...but anything is possible

Yeah, one step at a time. He's from Florida and when to school in Florida so they might also like that he is local talent.

#7 INFRARED 6

INFRARED 6

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

Yeah, one step at a time. He's from Florida and when to school in Florida so they might also like that he is local talent.

growing up in the area definitely warrants at least 5 touches a game. did he grow up within 25 miles of miami? if so, 10-15 touches might be in this guy's future...
  • vi009dz likes this

#8 Giants4XChamps

Giants4XChamps

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

#9 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,907 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:12 PM

Dude hasn't been active this year and is 4th string. The article referenced is a fan blog and frankly, it's comically amateurish with almost no analysis and hackneyed reasoning. The "article" basically says, "The running game is bad. Gillislee is explosive. How do we know? Because I told you. He should get burn. Why? Because he's new and we know Thomas sucks."

Frankly, at 3-2, the Fins could use some help in their running game and Thomas has proven that he's rather mediocre, but it looks like he needs an injury or really two to be relevant.....This is more an indictment of Thomas than anything else. The main solution needs to be that Miami's OL has to get better. But for now, Gillislee's not even Williams Powell yet, but all sorts of crazy things happen during a season.....
  • Sine_cera likes this
"Give me a break, I'm a product of divorce!"

#10 Giants4XChamps

Giants4XChamps

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:17 PM

Thing is, Thomas suffered two concussions in a very short period last season.

If he suffers another one I don't think the Dolphins would rush him back out there. That would be Gillislee's window to compete for a role in this backfield. Mike Sherman seems dead-set on a RBBC so it'd make sense for Gillislee to get his shot there.

In other words, the opportunity would be there, but he's not worth an add right now despite what conjecture articles may offer.

#11 AshesAndLaughter

AshesAndLaughter

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:21 PM

If he suffers another one I don't think the Dolphins would rush him back out there. That would be Gillislee's window to compete for a role in this backfield. Mike Sherman seems dead-set on a RBBC so it'd make sense for Gillislee to get his shot there.

In other words, the opportunity would be there, but he's not worth an add right now despite what conjecture articles may offer.

Beat me to it. I was going to mention Daniel Thomas's concussions. I am pretty sure he had hamstring issues last year too. Now, I am not saying those pop back up, but the guy hasn't been the epitome of health in his young career.

It's at least a name to put in the back of my mind if an injury and desparation both present themselves as the season progresses. Unfortunately, if I am in that position, I doubt Gillislee is going to save my team.

12-team PPR; 1st in points (801.00); 1st in points against (777.9); 3-3...Fantasy Football can be so cruel.
4pt passing TDs
2 Flex Spots and no kicker:

QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Ahmad Bradshaw
RB: Shane Vereen
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Demaryius Thomas
Flex: TY Hilton
Flex: Mike Wallace
TE: Jordan Cameron
Def: Patriots

Bench:

Rashad Jennings, Jerrick McKinnon, Allen Robinson, Larry Donnell, Jonas Gray, Carlos Hyde

#12 JimmyGs

JimmyGs
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:36 PM

Beat me to it. I was going to mention Daniel Thomas's concussions. I am pretty sure he had hamstring issues last year too. Now, I am not saying those pop back up, but the guy hasn't been the epitome of health in his young career.

It's at least a name to put in the back of my mind if an injury and desparation both present themselves as the season progresses. Unfortunately, if I am in that position, I doubt Gillislee is going to save my team.

Yep... http://www.kffl.com/...y/daniel-thomas

#13 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,907 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:01 AM

If Gillislee wants to be in anything but sweats on game days, he should do everything he can to become a good pass blocker. Tannenhill is on pace to set a sack record and he's a really good athlete. Frankly, Miami's run scheme and game is putrid. Poor schemes and bad personnel make it difficult to sustain a run game. Sherman seems much more interested in sitting in shotgun and having Tannenhill pass it 65% of the time. The OL is poor, they don't have a FB on the active roster, their TEs suck at blocking. They can't even get a capable screen game going because they don't have the athletes on the line to pull it off consistently beyond Pouncey. So talking about a 4th stringer on the 28th ranked rushing offense seems sort of desperate. Even if he gets the injuries to Miller and Thomas, he'd probably be in a committee with Thigpen....
"Give me a break, I'm a product of divorce!"

#14 djbigf

djbigf

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:53 AM

Dude hasn't been active this year and is 4th string.

If you deleted all the 4th-string player outlook threads, there'd be no forum left...

10 team league: (std scoring/flex)

QB Foles, Newton
RB Lynch, Murray, Foster, Stewart, Miller, Ingram, McKinnon

WR Cobb, Benjamin, VJackson, Quick
TE Cameron, Walker
K Tucker
D Eagles, Lions

#15 Backdoor Slider

Backdoor Slider

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,459 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:09 AM

Dude hasn't been active this year and is 4th string.

If you deleted all the 4th-string player outlook threads, there'd be no forum left...

Quite the hyperbole there, no?
It's fine to talk about. PB is just inserting some common sense into the thread.
**Poster Formerly Known as 2Balls

Keep up to 7 (Lose round per keeper):

Goldschmidt
JFernandez
Bryce
Kipnis
CGomez
--------------
TFrazier
Teheran

C.Davis
Pence
CSantana
CHamels
DMesoraco

#16 hard1

hard1

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:27 AM

While I agree with most points pb made, I don't think anyone was running wild on here about gillislee. But i will add that common sense suggested Zac Stacy wasn't going to be an option for the rams either. Gillislee doesn't do special teams which is why thigpen has been active over him. Smelling familiar? I'm in the camp of common sense on the edge I think miller needs more carries to see what's there but I also think Dan Thomas needs replaced. Maybe its farfetched. But maybe it isn't.

#17 hard1

hard1

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:53 AM

So Thomas pretty much done for the next several weeks may get a chance to see gillislee as the number two and miller still not running away with the job.

#18 CL3VELANDBR0WNS

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:14 AM

Gillislee is a career backup IMO. May have the worst break away speed in last year's draft class.

14 tm non-ppr dynasty 30-man
QB- RG3, Carr , Austin Davis
RB- Gio, Stacy, Bryce, Christine Michael, Stewart, Benny Cunningham, Marion Grice, Jonas Gray 
WR- Josh Gordon, Percy Harvin, Sammy Watkins, Michael Floyd, Cordarrelle Patterson, Davante Adams,Justin Hunter, Brian Quick, Kenny Britt, Corey Washington
TE- Gronk,Ladarius, Timothy Wright
K- Parkey
DT- Sen'Derrick Marks
DE- Jason Pierre-Paul
LB-Mosley, Kendricks, Whitehead
CB- Jimmy Smith
S- Cyprien
IR- Blackmon, KHunter, Alonso, DWashington, Marquess Wilson, Greg Hardy
5 1st round picks, 2 2nd round picks.

#19 FritzLn

FritzLn

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:46 AM

lamar miller easily has the most breakaway speed on the team and the coaches don't seem to care

#20 CL3VELANDBR0WNS

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:47 AM

lamar miller easily has the most breakaway speed on the team and the coaches don't seem to care

That is because his one breakaway play that I saw this year, he fumbled in the open-field.
  • vi009dz likes this

14 tm non-ppr dynasty 30-man
QB- RG3, Carr , Austin Davis
RB- Gio, Stacy, Bryce, Christine Michael, Stewart, Benny Cunningham, Marion Grice, Jonas Gray 
WR- Josh Gordon, Percy Harvin, Sammy Watkins, Michael Floyd, Cordarrelle Patterson, Davante Adams,Justin Hunter, Brian Quick, Kenny Britt, Corey Washington
TE- Gronk,Ladarius, Timothy Wright
K- Parkey
DT- Sen'Derrick Marks
DE- Jason Pierre-Paul
LB-Mosley, Kendricks, Whitehead
CB- Jimmy Smith
S- Cyprien
IR- Blackmon, KHunter, Alonso, DWashington, Marquess Wilson, Greg Hardy
5 1st round picks, 2 2nd round picks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users