Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:online poker player turned DFS guy
    ex cardrunners instructor... now instructing on DFS
    giving it all away at www.swollyourrollsports.com

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

When I say SEC Vrs. The field I mostly mean Alabama Vrs. The field.  Thoughts???

I think Oregon has a more prolific offense then Texas A&M did... I think if anyone can do it it's them.
Stretchmcgee
Ex Online Poker Superstar & Fantasy Football Pro
[url="http://forum.swollyourrollsports.com/"]http://forum.swollyourrollsports.com/[/url]

#2 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:06 AM

If Alabama gets by LSU in a few weeks, I'd be surprised if they don't go undefeated. Tennessee could challenge them, and Auburn could be interesting with Nick Marshall getting better every week. Even the championship game may not be against a top team as it has in recent years with the other division struggling. Georgia can't move the ball with Marshall and Gurley out, Florida doesn't have Driskell, South Carolina hasn't looked very good this year, and Missouri doesn't have Franklin.

The most interesting part is what happens behind Alabama. Oregon and Florida State haven't been challenged much. Oregon has their biggest challenges in their next 2 games, but Florida State plays Miami, and then no one else ranked after Florida drops out this week. Ohio State also finds a way to just keep winning, even though their last few games haven't been easy. The most interesting team to go against Alabama would be Baylor though IMO. That offense is fun to watch and very exciting. It's doubtful that they make it, but it would be fun to see if Alabama could stop them.
Bring back Ray!

#3 Skoodog

Skoodog

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,605 posts
  • Interests:Driving Porsches with Paul Walker

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:38 AM

Ohio State hasn't lost a game in two years, yet they're barely in the discussion for BCS, based on this fragile argument that the B1G is a crappy conference.  Can we really make a legitimate argument that the ACC is better than the B1G?  Miami got s--- on by KSU last year and FSU underperformed. Or that the Pac-12 is so much better than the B1G?  Team Nike and Stanford are interesting but then it's a bunch of severely flawed teams that would split games with most B1G teams.  The former powerhouse Big 12 is just as weak with A&M and Mizzou leaving for less burnt orange pastures after UT basically killed the Big 12 - there are now exactly two interesting teams in that conference, Baylor and Oklahoma.  

Since the SEC gets to pay their players with zero ramifications, of course they are a football powerhouse.  If the same rules applied to the other conferences maybe there would be better talent distribution.  USC got caught paying Bush and got three bowl bans and lost a ton of scholarships.  A couple of players on Ohio State SOLD THEIR OWN STUFF and got a bowl ban.  MULTIPLE teams in the SEC get caught red-handed GIVING MONEY TO PLAYERS (multiple offenders at multiple schools) and the NCAA sticks their hands in their pockets and says "nothing to see here, go about your business."  Huh?
Legend has it...they don't check on the weekends...

#4 nickalero99

nickalero99

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:12 PM

If Florida State and Alabama win out, it's hard to say OSU would have deserved in over either of them, but if either Alabama or FSU lose at this point, OSU has to be next in line.  With Alabama still having some tough games left and FSU sure to get a scare, it's not a terrible spot to be in for OSU.

#5 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,967 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:47 PM

View PostSkoodog, on 08 November 2013 - 12:38 AM, said:

Ohio State hasn't lost a game in two years, yet they're barely in the discussion for BCS, based on this fragile argument that the B1G is a crappy conference.  Can we really make a legitimate argument that the ACC is better than the B1G?  Miami got s--- on by KSU last year and FSU underperformed. Or that the Pac-12 is so much better than the B1G?  Team Nike and Stanford are interesting but then it's a bunch of severely flawed teams that would split games with most B1G teams.  The former powerhouse Big 12 is just as weak with A&M and Mizzou leaving for less burnt orange pastures after UT basically killed the Big 12 - there are now exactly two interesting teams in that conference, Baylor and Oklahoma.  

Since the SEC gets to pay their players with zero ramifications, of course they are a football powerhouse.  If the same rules applied to the other conferences maybe there would be better talent distribution.  USC got caught paying Bush and got three bowl bans and lost a ton of scholarships.  A couple of players on Ohio State SOLD THEIR OWN STUFF and got a bowl ban.  MULTIPLE teams in the SEC get caught red-handed GIVING MONEY TO PLAYERS (multiple offenders at multiple schools) and the NCAA sticks their hands in their pockets and says "nothing to see here, go about your business."  Huh?

If Baylor wins out, they're going to vault the Buckeyes!  F'n Baylor!  BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!  Fightin' Baptists from a town where it's illegal to dance!  That's what you Buckeyes get for playing in a crappy conference in a crappy state!  You've had your shots at MNC where you didn't belong and you got your doors blown off.  Do we not remember what happened when the Bucknuts had to go up vs a conference with real athletes?  Blowouts, one against probably the worst National Champion in the BCS era.  You lost to The Hat, who can barely formulate a sentence!  And he had two losses.  Sadly, the rest of America understands what kind of crappy football the rust belt puts out.  Enjoy beating the tar out of terrible conference for as long as Urban's heart holds up and you'll probably luck your way into the playoff someday.

Really, you're probably going to get vaulted by Stanford, who has one loss, smarter people, better weather and girls, and a F'n tree for a mascot.  Hilarious.

*As a Texas fan, I just await when we can cast off Mack Brown.....
"Give me a break, I'm a product of divorce!"

#6 CL3VELANDBR0WNS

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

I am an OSU fan.... honestly, if our defense held up this year(they absolutely sucked) then we would be number 2 without a doubt.
If we went undefeated, we would be one of the worst undefeated teams ever. I really think that the Bucks were better in the Troy Smith, Pryor, and Beanie Wells eras.
Braxton Miller SUCKS!
If we put Kenny in there and Hyde in the backfield, we would look like a real offense.
14 tm non-ppr dynasty 30-man
QB- RG3, Carr
RB- Martin, Gio, Pierre, Bryce, Dunbar, Stewart, Grimes, Riddick.
WR- Josh Gordon, Sammy Watkins, Michael Floyd, Cordarrelle Patterson, DeAndre Hopkins, Kendall Wright, Justin Hunter, Kenny Britt, Mike Williams, Brian Quick, Marquess Wilson
TE- Gronk, Reed, Rudolph, Richard Rogers, Bostick, Brandon Williams, CJF, Demetrius Harris
LB-Mosley, Shazier
S- Cyprien
IR- Blackmon, Hunter, Alonso

#7 Skoodog

Skoodog

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:36 PM

View PostPatrick Bateman, on 10 November 2013 - 10:47 PM, said:

View PostSkoodog, on 08 November 2013 - 12:38 AM, said:

If Baylor wins out, they're going to vault the Buckeyes!  F'n Baylor!  BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!  Fightin' Baptists from a town where it's illegal to dance!  That's what you Buckeyes get for playing in a crappy conference in a crappy state!  You've had your shots at MNC where you didn't belong and you got your doors blown off.  Do we not remember what happened when the Bucknuts had to go up vs a conference with real athletes?  Blowouts, one against probably the worst National Champion in the BCS era.  You lost to The Hat, who can barely formulate a sentence!  And he had two losses.  Sadly, the rest of America understands what kind of crappy football the rust belt puts out.  Enjoy beating the tar out of terrible conference for as long as Urban's heart holds up and you'll probably luck your way into the playoff someday.

Really, you're probably going to get vaulted by Stanford, who has one loss, smarter people, better weather and girls, and a F'n tree for a mascot. Hilarious.

*As a Texas fan, I just await when we can cast off Mack Brown.....

At least we have offensive linemen who enter the NFL without vaginal hubris...

#8 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:47 PM

Baylor and Oregon's losses today make it a 3 team race for the championship. Florida State still doesn't play strong teams in their final 2 games, so I don't see them losing. Bama will get 2 ranked teams, but I don't see them losing. Auburn can't pass it and Mizzou is overrated.
Bring back Ray!

#9 nickalero99

nickalero99

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:16 PM

I was very surprised as a Michigan fan to see them hang in until the very end against OSU.  Should mean OSU will face a stiff challenge next week against MSU.  I think FSU rolls in the ACC championship which should stamp their ticket.  I'll be interested to see if the win over Alabama springs Auburn over OSU in the BCS standings.  There's still a legit chance an undefeated OSU team is left out of the NC game.

#10 CL3VELANDBR0WNS

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:18 PM

I don't think there is any chance the undefeated OSU team misses out on the NC game. That is just ridiculous.
OSU and MSU will be a real crapshoot offensively , look for the Bucks to lean heavily on Hyde as always but especially this week with facing Denard.
QB- RG3, Carr
WR- Josh Gordon, Sammy Watkins, Michael Floyd, Cordarrelle Patterson, DeAndre Hopkins, Kendall Wright, Justin Hunter, Kenny Britt, Mike Williams, Brian Quick, Marquess Wilson
TE- Gronk, Reed, Rudolph, Richard Rogers, Bostick, Brandon Williams, CJF, Demetrius Harris
LB-Mosley, Shazier
S- Cyprien

#11 Z06vette

Z06vette

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,216 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:48 AM

Nobody can beat the Noles, they will win it all.  The ACC needs this bad. I don't want to hear about their weak schedule, they will beat any team in the country. The Noles lost more players than any team in the country to the NFL last year - 11. Very impressive. The Noles O-line (best in the country in my book) is the most impressive thing about this team IMO. Look how much time JW has to throw the ball to those very good WRs. Only thing that will stop the Noles is Winston getting in trouble.

Go Hokies!@

Very hard not to give the coach of the year award to Jimbo Fisher, but I can understand anyone making a very strong argument for David Cutcliffe. I would have a very difficult time picking one over the other. Thinking about it, Gary Pinkel would be a excellent choice too.

Edited by Z06vette, 01 December 2013 - 12:55 AM.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

"A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn’t see the clouds at all – he’s walking on them. " - Leonard Louis Levinson

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

#12 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:10 AM

View PostZ06vette, on 01 December 2013 - 12:48 AM, said:

Nobody can beat the Noles, they will win it all.  The ACC needs this bad. I don't want to hear about their weak schedule, they will beat any team in the country. The Noles lost more players than any team in the country to the NFL last year - 11. Very impressive. The Noles O-line (best in the country in my book) is the most impressive thing about this team IMO. Look how much time JW has to throw the ball to those very good WRs. Only thing that will stop the Noles is Winston getting in trouble.

Go Hokies!@

Very hard not to give the coach of the year award to Jimbo Fisher, but I can understand anyone making a very strong argument for David Cutcliffe. I would have a very difficult time picking one over the other. Thinking about it, Gary Pinkel would be a excellent choice too.

If Auburn wins this week, Gus Malzahn should win coach of the year. He took a 3 win team that was awful last year, and if they beat Missouri, turned them into the SEC champs. Florida State was still a BCS bowl winner last year and a pretty good team. Auburn was terrible. I think the winner of the Auburn-Mizzou game next week will decide whether Malzahn or Pinkel win it.
Bring back Ray!

#13 Z06vette

Z06vette

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,216 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:57 AM

View Postbaltimore_boy, on 01 December 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

View PostZ06vette, on 01 December 2013 - 12:48 AM, said:

Go Hokies!@

If Auburn wins this week, Gus Malzahn should win coach of the year. He took a 3 win team that was awful last year, and if they beat Missouri, turned them into the SEC champs. Florida State was still a BCS bowl winner last year and a pretty good team. Auburn was terrible. I think the winner of the Auburn-Mizzou game next week will decide whether Malzahn or Pinkel win it.

Fair enough, but FSU lost 11 players to the NFL, look at them now. Pretty impressive coaching job if you ask me. FSU will beat Auburn or Missouri if they play them. They probably should give the coach of the year award out once the season is over. I'm not sure when they give out of the award to be honest. I understand some will argue FSU's schedule has been weak, but I'll argue they will beat anyone you put in front of them. So many reasons why, but I'm most impressed with their O-line, it all starts there.

Edited by Z06vette, 03 December 2013 - 12:58 AM.

"A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn’t see the clouds at all – he’s walking on them. " - Leonard Louis Levinson

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

#14 CL3VELANDBR0WNS

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:01 AM

Auburn is in. All the hillbillies can now party!
QB- RG3, Carr
LB-Mosley, Shazier
S- Cyprien

#15 Skoodog

Skoodog

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:19 AM

The haters were proven right last night.  OSU does not look like a top program.  At all.  There was no offensive strategy, Braxton Miller looked like a red-shirt freshman out there, and our secondary doesn't wrap up, ever - they just launch themselves kamikaze at their opponents feet or body.  

Quite honestly, our team looked talented but uncoached in the last couple of games.  I'm extremely disappointed in what I've seen so far out of Urban.  I understand that they were 24-1 over the last two years which is a great record, but the eye test shows good talent, bad team.

#16 CL3VELANDBR0WNS

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:19 PM

View PostSkoodog, on 08 December 2013 - 08:19 AM, said:

The haters were proven right last night.  OSU does not look like a top program.  At all.  There was no offensive strategy, Braxton Miller looked like a red-shirt freshman out there, and our secondary doesn't wrap up, ever - they just launch themselves kamikaze at their opponents feet or body.  

Quite honestly, our team looked talented but uncoached in the last couple of games.  I'm extremely disappointed in what I've seen so far out of Urban.  I understand that they were 24-1 over the last two years which is a great record, but the eye test shows good talent, bad team.
I think it is the opposite. Urban is an excellent halftime adjuster.
You can only coach your team through so many games. As was the case with Nick Saban.
Auburn is so overrated. Alabama and FSU should play for all the marbles.
QB- RG3, Carr
LB-Mosley, Shazier
S- Cyprien

#17 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:29 PM

View PostCL3VELANDBR0WNS, on 09 December 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

View PostSkoodog, on 08 December 2013 - 08:19 AM, said:

I think it is the opposite. Urban is an excellent halftime adjuster.
You can only coach your team through so many games. As was the case with Nick Saban.
Auburn is so overrated. Alabama and FSU should play for all the marbles.

Auburn deserved it more than OSU anyway. Ohio State didn't play anyone. They played 2 good teams this year, Wisconsin and Michigan State. The rest of their schedule was terrible, and it's not a surprise they were undefeated all year. Auburn played a much harder schedule than them and only lost one game earlier in the year playing in LSU, which was a top 10 team at the time. Marshall has been getting better every week, and that running game is dominant.

Edited by baltimore_boy, 09 December 2013 - 06:31 PM.

Bring back Ray!

#18 nickalero99

nickalero99

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

Auburn is one of the cases of a team that improves over the course of a season.  I watched them play Texas A&M earlier in the year and the only reason they won is Manziel went out and they took advantage of him being out and then being completely hampered when he came back.  I was impressed with Marshall then.  I'm more impressed by the edge their running game has gained since then.  The Malzahn system is tough.  I like it better for college than even Chip Kelly.  They can score quick or they can grind the clock.

I'm more excited about the NC game than I have been in quite a while.  The Seminoles are up for the challenge and I see another game that scores highly (like the SEC championship).  FSU has a great offensive line and I think that plays better over the course of a game, but Auburn's offense has been so great that it makes it hard to say that FSU wins based on grinding them down.  LOVE this match-up.  Very excited to watch the game even as a Big 10 guy.

#19 Z06vette

Z06vette

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,216 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:35 AM

View Postnickalero99, on 11 December 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

Auburn is one of the cases of a team that improves over the course of a season.  I watched them play Texas A&M earlier in the year and the only reason they won is Manziel went out and they took advantage of him being out and then being completely hampered when he came back.  I was impressed with Marshall then.  I'm more impressed by the edge their running game has gained since then.  The Malzahn system is tough.  I like it better for college than even Chip Kelly.  They can score quick or they can grind the clock.

I'm more excited about the NC game than I have been in quite a while.  The Seminoles are up for the challenge and I see another game that scores highly (like the SEC championship).  FSU has a great offensive line and I think that plays better over the course of a game, but Auburn's offense has been so great that it makes it hard to say that FSU wins based on grinding them down.  LOVE this match-up.  Very excited to watch the game even as a Big 10 guy.

Both have great offenses. I think the difference is on defense in this one. A month to prepare for each other - I think Jimbo shines in this one. I still can't get over how awesome the FSU O-line is....Winston has all day to make those passes most of the time, not to mention the running game and those holes...The ACC needs this bad.

#20 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,967 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

View PostZ06vette, on 12 December 2013 - 11:35 AM, said:

View Postnickalero99, on 11 December 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

Both have great offenses. I think the difference is on defense in this one. A month to prepare for each other - I think Jimbo shines in this one. I still can't get over how awesome the FSU O-line is....Winston has all day to make those passes most of the time, not to mention the running game and those holes...The ACC needs this bad.

I tend to agree that with a month to prepare, FSU's defense should be prepared.  Malzahn is an offensive guru and his offense, which is based on a single wing, spread attack except on cocaine is tough to prepare for in one week.  He's still a bit hampered b/c Auburn's passing attack is very underwhelming.  That makes them at times one dimensional.  I think it's a fun game with a lot of points scored but that FSU will wear them down and get enough stops to win by 10 points or so.....
"Give me a break, I'm a product of divorce!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users