#1 pdizzle710

pdizzle710

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:22 PM

Phillip Tanner - RB - Cowboys
Cowboys RB Phillip Tanner has just five carries for three yards and a nine-yard reception through six weeks.
Tanner fumbled in the opener against the Giants, and has played six snaps of offense since. The Cowboys need Tanner to step up his game in Week 6, however, because rookie Joseph Randle struggles in pass protection, and both DeMarco Murray (knee) and Lance Dunbar (hamstring) are on the shelf. Tanner isn't quite a strong flex play, but could play more snaps than people think.
Oct 16 - 10:21 PM

Any takers or predictions on his production?

#2 96mnc

96mnc

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:27 PM

View Postpdizzle710, on 16 October 2013 - 10:22 PM, said:

Cowboys RB Phillip Tanner has just five carries for three yards and a nine-yard reception through six weeks.
Tanner fumbled in the opener against the Giants, and has played six snaps of offense since. The Cowboys need Tanner to step up his game in Week 6, however, because rookie Joseph Randle struggles in pass protection, and both DeMarco Murray (knee) and Lance Dunbar (hamstring) are on the shelf. Tanner isn't quite a strong flex play, but could play more snaps than people think.

I go to training camp for three days every year and watch all of the Cowboy preseason games as well.

IMHO based on what i saw, I ranked the backup backs Dunbar, Tanner, Randle.

I have a friend who is a diehard Cowboys fan as well, played D1 football, spent time in a nfl training camp as a player, and went to Cowboys training camp as well for a few days.  His independent opinion was the exact same as mine.

But then the season started and Tanner hasn't been heard from while Randle is all of a sudden playing.  I have no idea why the braintrust (and i use that term loosely) isn't playing him more.  If they don't like him they should just cut him.  

For fantasy purposes, I had him rostered in a deep league all season (Dunbar in a different league).  I didn't have Randle rostered anywhere.  I'm just going to sit back and watch what happens at this point.

#3 pdizzle710

pdizzle710

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:38 PM

View Post96mnc, on 16 October 2013 - 11:27 PM, said:

I go to training camp for three days every year and watch all of the Cowboy preseason games as well.

I have a friend who is a diehard Cowboys fan as well, played D1 football, spent time in a nfl training camp as a player, and went to Cowboys training camp as well for a few days.  His independent opinion was the exact same as mine.

But then the season started and Tanner hasn't been heard from while Randle is all of a sudden playing.  I have no idea why the braintrust (and i use that term loosely) isn't playing him more.  If they don't like him they should just cut him.  

For fantasy purposes, I had him rostered in a deep league all season (Dunbar in a different league).  I didn't have Randle rostered anywhere.  I'm just going to sit back and watch what happens at this point.

Wonder if they are following the Zac Stacy route that the Rams did.

#4 96mnc

96mnc

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

View Postpdizzle710, on 16 October 2013 - 11:38 PM, said:

View Post96mnc, on 16 October 2013 - 11:27 PM, said:

Wonder if they are following the Zac Stacy route that the Rams did.

The only logical explanation I've heard is that the Boys consider him a poor man's DeMarco so nothing would change in terms of play calling, etc while Tanner is a different style back.  At least that was the explanation given to me when i was arguing that the Boys should have drafted Andre Ellington instead of Randle.

Keep in mind, this is the same team that passed on Sjax for Julius Jones back in the day.

Edited by 96mnc, 16 October 2013 - 11:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users