3 replies to this topic

#1 porro1971

porro1971

Just Drafted

• Probationary Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

Hey guys,
I am starting a new EPL fantasy league and I am looking to assemble a league of English Premier League (EPL) fans to create a multi-season, online league with history and character. Regular season, rivalries, playoffs, Cup competition, relegation, historical statistics and records will contribute to the atmosphere. In addition, the league will have its own mobile and regular website in order to maintain interest and have a genuine real-life feel.
To check out the rules: http://www.mfspn.com...ativerules.html
I believe the league I am setting up will have a unique scoring system. Although the scoring system is similar to that of Fantasy Premier League in terms of how players can score points, it is much more fun (with a nice touch of realism) when it comes to the head-to-head scoring calculation.
Indeed, scores will be realistic (2-1, 2-2, 3-1, 1-0, 4-1, 2-0, etc.) and owners/managers will have to use strategy when selecting a lineup formation. Does your team have better defenders? Is it deep in the middle? Do you need to start an extra forward to make up for your lack of attacking power? Whatever a manager decides will have a direct impact on how a team matches up against its opponent. Don't forget, a team is trying to win the most categories to "score goals", not necessarily score the most points. So, winning a game isn't about scoring the most points during a gameweek, but rather scoring goals in beating your opponent in the most categories. In other words, the league is a blend of rotisserie, points and category scoring.
The categories are as follows:
-Goalkeeper points
-Defenders points
-Midfielders points
-Forwards points
-Bonus points*
*Bonus points are explained here: In the event a club total score (goalkeepers + defenders + midfielders + forwards) would double that of its opponent, then the highest scoring club would be awarded an additional goal. Ex: 68 total points vs 34 total points. Also, in the event the highest scoring club would score 78 points vs 34 points (double points + 10), then it would be awarded two bonus goals, and additional bonus goals for every increment of 10 points scored above the double bonus. Ex: 90 points vs 34 points = double points (1 goal) + 20 points above the double bonus (2 goals).
What you need to do to join?
Be ready to commit approximately 10 to 15 minutes per Matchweek to submit your lineup formation, try to improve your club via player signings or trades, and reply to trade offers. Founding clubs/managers also need to submit a current EPL club name as their name of choice. These will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. So, if you are interested email me at: gabrielporro1971@gmail.com or send me a PM.
Give it a shot!

#2 ginstwin

ginstwin

Single-A

• Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

Porro . Im interested . The EPL is a great league . I have sent you an email.
  • porro1971 likes this

#3 ATXSpartan

ATXSpartan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:32 PM

Hey guys,
I am starting a new EPL fantasy league and I am looking to assemble a league of English Premier League (EPL) fans to create a multi-season, online league with history and character. Regular season, rivalries, playoffs, Cup competition, relegation, historical statistics and records will contribute to the atmosphere. In addition, the league will have its own mobile and regular website in order to maintain interest and have a genuine real-life feel.
To check out the rules: http://www.mfspn.com...ativerules.html
I believe the league I am setting up will have a unique scoring system. Although the scoring system is similar to that of Fantasy Premier League in terms of how players can score points, it is much more fun (with a nice touch of realism) when it comes to the head-to-head scoring calculation.
Indeed, scores will be realistic (2-1, 2-2, 3-1, 1-0, 4-1, 2-0, etc.) and owners/managers will have to use strategy when selecting a lineup formation. Does your team have better defenders? Is it deep in the middle? Do you need to start an extra forward to make up for your lack of attacking power? Whatever a manager decides will have a direct impact on how a team matches up against its opponent. Don't forget, a team is trying to win the most categories to "score goals", not necessarily score the most points. So, winning a game isn't about scoring the most points during a gameweek, but rather scoring goals in beating your opponent in the most categories. In other words, the league is a blend of rotisserie, points and category scoring.
The categories are as follows:
-Goalkeeper points
-Defenders points
-Midfielders points
-Forwards points
-Bonus points*
*Bonus points are explained here: In the event a club total score (goalkeepers + defenders + midfielders + forwards) would double that of its opponent, then the highest scoring club would be awarded an additional goal. Ex: 68 total points vs 34 total points. Also, in the event the highest scoring club would score 78 points vs 34 points (double points + 10), then it would be awarded two bonus goals, and additional bonus goals for every increment of 10 points scored above the double bonus. Ex: 90 points vs 34 points = double points (1 goal) + 20 points above the double bonus (2 goals).
What you need to do to join?
Be ready to commit approximately 10 to 15 minutes per Matchweek to submit your lineup formation, try to improve your club via player signings or trades, and reply to trade offers. Founding clubs/managers also need to submit a current EPL club name as their name of choice. These will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. So, if you are interested email me at: gabrielporro1971@gmail.com or send me a PM.
Give it a shot!

I'm interested. I'll be Fulham FC.

#4 porro1971

porro1971

Just Drafted

• Probationary Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:03 PM

Sorry, but the league is now full at 12 members... If you are interested in joining next season (as an expansion club or even as 2nd division club with relegation and promotion) or be placed on a priority list should an owner decides to leave, send me a PM or email me at gabrielporro1971@gmail.com
Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users