9 replies to this topic

#1 CL3VELANDBR0WNS

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

Marquise Lee has fallen behind a tad in the debate. Mike Evans is seriously picking up some steam and Sammy Watkins is doing his thing. Who is your favorite WR this year?
14 tm non-ppr dynasty 30-man
QB- RG3, Carr
RB- Martin, Gio, Pierre, DMC, Bryce, Dunbar, Stewart, Riddick.
WR- Sammy Watkins, Michael Floyd, Cordarrelle Patterson, DeAndre Hopkins, Kendall Wright, Justin Hunter, Kenny Britt, Mike Williams, Brian Quick, Marquess Wilson
TE- Gronk, Reed,CJF
DT- Sen'Derrick Marks
LB-Mosley, Shazier
CB- Justin Gilbert
S- Cyprien
IR- Blackmon, KHunter, Alonso, Gordon, DWashington

#2 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,695 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

IMO, it's between 2 players, Mike Evans and Brandin Cooks. Evans is well known now after that Alabama game, but he is a big target with underrated speed. He makes the difficult sideline catches, and reminds me of Jordy Nelson in that way. Cooks is someone that not many people know of and isn't a common name, but he is very productive. He's not a great NFL prospect because of his size concerns, but he is the best in the NCAA.

Lee has been underwhelming even when healthy this year, and even though Watkins is incredibly talented, he's not very consistent. Cooks has been stellar in every game this year, consistently coming up big when they need him the most. He is the most impressive to me.
Bring back Ray!

#3 CL3VELANDBR0WNS

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:24 PM

View Postbaltimore_boy, on 23 October 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

IMO, it's between 2 players, Mike Evans and Brandin Cooks. Evans is well known now after that Alabama game, but he is a big target with underrated speed. He makes the difficult sideline catches, and reminds me of Jordy Nelson in that way. Cooks is someone that not many people know of and isn't a common name, but he is very productive. He's not a great NFL prospect because of his size concerns, but he is the best in the NCAA.

Lee has been underwhelming even when healthy this year, and even though Watkins is incredibly talented, he's not very consistent. Cooks has been stellar in every game this year, consistently coming up big when they need him the most. He is the most impressive to me.
I agree on Evans. I love this guy ever since watching the Bama game. I also heard he reminds people of Vincent Jackson..... I see it from a size perspective but he seems a little slower.
Watkins is a very explosive player, reminds me of Justin Blackmon.
Lee has fallen off the Map. What is it at USC? First Barkley then Lee. NCAA injuries killing draft stocks.
And from what I am reading now.... Cooks is an explosive slot player.
QB- RG3, Carr
WR- Sammy Watkins, Michael Floyd, Cordarrelle Patterson, DeAndre Hopkins, Kendall Wright, Justin Hunter, Kenny Britt, Mike Williams, Brian Quick, Marquess Wilson
TE- Gronk, Reed,CJF
DT- Sen'Derrick Marks
LB-Mosley, Shazier
CB- Justin Gilbert
S- Cyprien

#4 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,695 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

View PostCL3VELANDBR0WNS, on 23 October 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

View Postbaltimore_boy, on 23 October 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

I agree on Evans. I love this guy ever since watching the Bama game. I also heard he reminds people of Vincent Jackson..... I see it from a size perspective but he seems a little slower.
Watkins is a very explosive player, reminds me of Justin Blackmon.
Lee has fallen off the Map. What is it at USC? First Barkley then Lee. NCAA injuries killing draft stocks.
And from what I am reading now.... Cooks is an explosive slot player.

Evans is easily the best for the NFL. Any team would love to have a player like him. I have little doubt he'll be dominant at the next level. Watkins is very explosive with the ball in his hands. He's another Tavon that will get lots of hype next year because of his speed.

Lee's struggles are mainly their QB issues this year. Wittek looked bad and while Kessler has looked better, he's still not great. They can't get the ball to Lee. Could be a good value pick in the draft next year if he's drafted based on this year. He's still a great talent.

Cooks is definitely explosive. He plays an Amendola type role in that offense where they constantly give him the ball and let him make the play. His size is really the only thing people have against him. He has solid speed and great hands, plus, his production is hard to ignore this year. He's only had 1 game under 100 yards this year. He's just a fun player to watch, and if he keeps running wild like he has so far, he may earn his way to the 1st round next year. Put him in the right offense and he will be special.
Bring back Ray!

#5 nickalero99

nickalero99

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

I'm still looking Lee as the best WR out of the class long-term, but clearly he hasn't been this year.

#6 CL3VELANDBR0WNS

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

View Postnickalero99, on 23 October 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

I'm still looking Lee as the best WR out of the class long-term, but clearly he hasn't been this year.
Agreed for the most part, I think you can't go wrong with him or watkins.
QB- RG3, Carr
TE- Gronk, Reed,CJF
DT- Sen'Derrick Marks
LB-Mosley, Shazier
CB- Justin Gilbert
S- Cyprien

#7 CL3VELANDBR0WNS

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:28 PM

Jordan Matthews needs a bit of refining but he has been growing on me.
So has Allen Robinson- he gives me a Keenan Allen vibe for some reason - Thoughts?
Also, looking ahead to the tight end position, my top two are Austin Seferian-Jenkins and Eric Ebron... thoughts on that as well?
QB- RG3, Carr
TE- Gronk, Reed,CJF
DT- Sen'Derrick Marks
LB-Mosley, Shazier
CB- Justin Gilbert
S- Cyprien

#8 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,695 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

View PostCL3VELANDBR0WNS, on 02 November 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

Jordan Matthews needs a bit of refining but he has been growing on me.
So has Allen Robinson- he gives me a Keenan Allen vibe for some reason - Thoughts?
Also, looking ahead to the tight end position, my top two are Austin Seferian-Jenkins and Eric Ebron... thoughts on that as well?

Robinson has been good this year, and has gone unnoticed for the most part. He always makes the tough catches when they need it. Came up big in their comback against Michigan a few weeks ago, and had a nice sideline catch near the end of their game today, but did drop an easy one that would have won it for them.

A very underrated player to me is Josh Stewart from Oklahoma State. I watched that TCU game when he had great returns and made some impressive catches. He hasn't been much of a factor in their offense overall this year, but he was uncoverable in that game and was very exciting to watch.
Bring back Ray!

#9 Timmah!

Timmah!

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,199 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:13 PM

What do you guys think of TJ Jones' prospects at the next level?
SoB Tifo ~ AD FINEM FIDELIS ~ Bearfight Brigade

"Oh, you can't scare me, I'm stickin' to the Union!"

#10 CL3VELANDBR0WNS

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:36 PM

View PostTimmah!, on 30 November 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

What do you guys think of TJ Jones' prospects at the next level?
I see him more as a situational player or a complementary reciever to a bigger threat. He is undersized but he has quick feet and is very fast. One thing that worries me is that most of the balls that I saw him catch were screens, it is hard to scout someone like that. His QB also overthrew him alot when I was watching.
QB- RG3, Carr
TE- Gronk, Reed,CJF
DT- Sen'Derrick Marks
LB-Mosley, Shazier
CB- Justin Gilbert
S- Cyprien

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users