#1 Dez Bryants Mama

Dez Bryants Mama

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

C.J. Anderson@CjAndersonRB9  14m
Jus wana thank God 4 this opportunity 2 play and help my team win #BamBam ima play my game stay true 2 my self and thank the fans lets eat

#2 munde53

munde53

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

Still behind Moreno and Ball, he'll really have zero relevance in fantasy.

#3 nonstopfan

nonstopfan

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

...and zero chance of getting a significant job after football

Edited by nonstopfan, 25 October 2013 - 04:09 PM.

#4 Ragnaroker

Ragnaroker

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

Broncos UDFA RB C.J. Anderson is expected to be active for the first time this year in Week 8 against Washington.

Montee Ball will be Denver's likely No. 2 back behind Knowshon Moreno, and Ronnie Hillman will not dress due to persistent fumbles. An undrafted rookie out of Cal, Anderson rushed 15 times for 69 yards (4.6 YPC) in Denver's preseason opener before suffering a right MCL sprain in practice that cost him the rest of camp. The Broncos still kept him on the 53-man roster, which speaks volumes about how high they are on Anderson. They were not willing to subject him to waivers. Anderson ran a solid 4.53 forty-yard dash at Cal's March Pro Day, weighing in at a muscle-bound 5-foot-8 and 224 pounds. He's worth monitoring closely in Dynasty leagues, and stashing in 14- and 16-team re-draft formats.

#5 drisser

drisser

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

He's worth monitoring closely in Dynasty leagues, and stashing in 14- and 16-team re-draft formats.

Right.... I understand 14 team leagues are deep but when is it worth it to stash a RB who until yesterday was 4th on the depth chart behind 3 perfectly healthy guys.
ESPN 12 Team H2H Points (keep 3)
C Santana
1B Encarnacion
2B Rendon
3B Longoria
SS Baez
2B/SS Kipnis
1B/3B Carter

OF Stanton
OF Braun
OF Cruz
OF Bruce

OF Calhoun
UT Dickerson
BN Cuddyer, Duda
SP Cueto, Fister, Wood, Arrieta, Wheeler, Stroman, Odorizzi, Pineda, Fiers, Minor, DeGrom

#6 battle2heaven

battle2heaven

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

Hillmans not dressing? Is that confirmed?
12 team h2h 6x6 (OPS + QS)

C:  Mike Napoli
1b: Chris Davis
2b: Aaron Hill
ss: Jimmy Rollins
3b: Ryan Zimmermann
of: Mike Stanton
of: Jose Bautista
of: Yoenis Cespedes
UTL: Starling Marte
UTL: Nate McClouth
bench: Gerardo Parra, Matt Carpenter, Josh Donaldson

SP: Max Scherzer SP: Jeff Samardzjia
SP: Yovani Gallardo SP: Anibal Sanchez
SP: Francisco Liriano   SP: John Lackey
SP: Corey Kluber   SP: Kyle Kendrick
SP: Jose Quintana (stream spot) SP: Joe Saunders (stream spot)
RP: Koji Uehara

#7 SkinsChargersFan

SkinsChargersFan

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

Does this mean Montee Ball gets a bump, or is it still purely Moreno's show?

#8 Deckard Pain

Deckard Pain

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

View Postbattle2heaven, on 25 October 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

Yes, he will be inactive due his fumbling, especially after the GL fumble late in the game against the Colts that killed their come back.

#9 ToO_BaD

ToO_BaD

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,537 posts
  • Interests:SF GIANTS, Niners, Warriors

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

View PostDeckard Pain, on 25 October 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

Yes, he will be inactive due his fumbling, especially after the GL fumble late in the game against the Colts that killed their come back.

Yeah that fumble was huge.  I have Manning and I just remember throwing my remote because they had a great drive where most or all of it was passing.  Then they get to the goal line and BAM - run to Hillman and a fumble.  I can't imagine Anderson has a ton of value.  It should be less than or equal to that of Hillman before being benched.  It is really Moreno's job to lose, but I could see Anderson surpassing Ball and possibly even sneaking in some decent flex performances if he gets some chances.
RW Mock Draft Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, 6pt all TDs

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Matt Forte
RB: Trent Richardson
WR: Pierre Garçon
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
W/R/T: T.Y. Hilton
W/R/T: Mike Evans
TE: Vernon Davis
DEF: Denver D/ST
K: Stephen Gostkowski

Bench:
DeAngelo Williams, Stepfan Taylor, Marvin Jones, Kelvin Benjamin, Allen Robinson, Antonio Gates

#10 Sine_cera

Sine_cera

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,129 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

View PostToO_BaD, on 25 October 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

View PostDeckard Pain, on 25 October 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

Yeah that fumble was huge.  I have Manning and I just remember throwing my remote because they had a great drive where most or all of it was passing.  Then they get to the goal line and BAM - run to Hillman and a fumble.  I can't imagine Anderson has a ton of value.  It should be less than or equal to that of Hillman before being benched.  It is really Moreno's job to lose, but I could see Anderson surpassing Ball and possibly even sneaking in some decent flex performances if he gets some chances.

I have a hard time seeing any other Denver RB than Moreno being worth a start in any league. Outside of one game (vs Oakland) it has been the Moreno show. Even in the game against Jacksonville where people expected garbage time stats for the other Denver RB's, it didn't happen. It was still all Moreno.

Edited by Sine_cera, 25 October 2013 - 04:50 PM.

"There's nothing more interesting than your own rotisserie team and nothing less interesting than someone else's." - Daniel Okrent

"If you challenge the conventional wisdom, you will find ways to do things much better than they are currently done." - Bill James

#11 CL3VELANDBR0WNS

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

Wow, it is obvious Anderson is a football mind if you read his twitter. Such a scholarly fellow.
14 tm non-ppr dynasty 30-man
QB- RG3, Carr
RB- Martin, Gio, Pierre, Bryce, Dunbar, Stewart, Grimes, Riddick.
WR- Josh Gordon, Sammy Watkins, Michael Floyd, Cordarrelle Patterson, DeAndre Hopkins, Kendall Wright, Justin Hunter, Kenny Britt, Mike Williams, Brian Quick, Marquess Wilson
TE- Gronk, Reed, Rudolph, Richard Rogers, Bostick, Brandon Williams, CJF, Demetrius Harris
LB-Mosley, Shazier
S- Cyprien
IR- Blackmon, Hunter, Alonso

#12 lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u

On the Ballot

• Banned
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

Starting with confidence.
*12 TEAM - 1pt PPR *

QB - T. ROMO - M. VICK

RB - D.MARTIN - R.BUSH - A.BROWN

WR - D. BOWE - P.GARCON - A. BROWN

WR - J. BLACKMON -  J. GORDON - T. AUSTIN

TE - G.OLSEN - J. FINLEY

#13 scienergy

scienergy

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

Man I tell you, it gets so old in these forums the guys who forget there are people here who play dynasty fantasy leagues where you get to keep players from year to year.  To dynasty guys, young players with potential like Anderson are worth something.   Think about that before you come in to threads of guys you know nothing about.

I've said this in other threads similar to this, I will say it again:

1) Nobody is saying start Anderson.
2) Nobody is saying Anderson will overtake Moreno.
3) Nobody is saying you should drop a starter for Anderson.

Now back to the topic, I liked this guy a lot in the preseason before he got hurt.  He looked better of all the backs for Denver early in the preseason.  He looked more explosive, faster and with better vision.  Disclaimer: Yes I know it was the preseason and that it doesn't matter (actually it does but you keep thinking that.)

I got a bit of excitement to see his name mentioned again.  Could very easily be relevant if Moreno gets injured (again).

#14 FFCollusion

FFCollusion

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

View Postdrisser, on 25 October 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

He's worth monitoring closely in Dynasty leagues, and stashing in 14- and 16-team re-draft formats.

Right.... I understand 14 team leagues are deep but when is it worth it to stash a RB who until yesterday was 4th on the depth chart behind 3 perfectly healthy guys.

Hillman and Ball aren't really 2 and 3 as much as they are 2a and 2b.  Meaning if Anderson gets that same chance (2a/2b) then he's on equal ground with Ball as far as opportunity.  The difference is that we've seen Ball (and Hillman) blow opportunity after opportunity.  So on the off chance that Anderson doesn't blow it he could easily move ahead of Ball within 1-3 weeks, assuming he can block, hold on to the ball, and knows the playbook.  That then puts him directly behind Moreno, a guy who has a career full of injuries.  With how absolutely brutal RBs have been this year, then yeah, I'd say in 14+ teamers, he's absolutely worth an add.  Just as much of a chance to prevail as Hillman did week 1, and in those types of leagues, I assume Hillman was rostered.

If you have better bench stashes, then move along.  But for people who are wasting a spot on their bye week TE or QB that they never need again, here's a guy worth a stash, because honestly, what else is on the WW?  People have picked up and started guys like Brandon Jacobs, Peyton Hillis, Mike James, and Micheal Cox over the last 3 weeks.  So it's hard to believe there's no one out there, willing to grab this guy.
I do it for the likes...

#15 DJSatane

DJSatane

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

Chances of Moreno getting hurt are high sometime this season and then Anderson will become relevant.
DJSatane

#16 Ragnaroker

Ragnaroker

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

View PostDJSatane, on 25 October 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

Chances of Moreno getting hurt are high sometime this season and then Anderson will become relevant.

As someone who doesn't know much about Moreno's injury history except his ACL tear, why is he so likely to get hurt?

#17 oswald737

oswald737

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

View PostRagnaroker, on 25 October 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

View PostDJSatane, on 25 October 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

As someone who doesn't know much about Moreno's injury history except his ACL tear, why is he so likely to get hurt?

It's not all that much different than any other RB. Hamstring injuries in 2010 (missed games) and 2011 (played through).

http://www.kffl.com/...knowshon-moreno

#18 DJSatane

DJSatane

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

Point is that RBs often do get hurt and since this offense is so explosve having anyone who may benefit from injury stashed is relevant. If this was Jaguars I wouldnt care at all.
DJSatane

#19 CL3VELANDBR0WNS

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

He got pounced on in my league. I think "nobody" is a bit broad. Some people are on to it.
14 tm non-ppr dynasty 30-man
QB- RG3, Carr
RB- Martin, Gio, Pierre, Bryce, Dunbar, Stewart, Grimes, Riddick.
WR- Josh Gordon, Sammy Watkins, Michael Floyd, Cordarrelle Patterson, DeAndre Hopkins, Kendall Wright, Justin Hunter, Kenny Britt, Mike Williams, Brian Quick, Marquess Wilson
TE- Gronk, Reed, Rudolph, Richard Rogers, Bostick, Brandon Williams, CJF, Demetrius Harris
LB-Mosley, Shazier
S- Cyprien
IR- Blackmon, Hunter, Alonso

#20 bigbluecrew56

bigbluecrew56

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:44 PM

Getting lots of good press from insiders on twitter. He may actually be number 2 on the depth chart. Ball got almost no play the last few games. I think they want to take a peek at what he has to offer before the bye.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users