Jump to content

Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

2014 Rounds 1&2How do you rank them?


  • Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#1 TheWrightStuff

TheWrightStuff

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,457 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:PA

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:35 AM

For H2H leagues, what are your top 20 overall rankings?
Post them here!

All lists have to start with the following 2 in either order based on your preference:
1. Miguel Cabrera
2. Mike Trout

From 3-20; For those who are believes/adventurous, I suppose Chris Davis is up there in the mix and Goldschmidt has to be as well. After that, it gets interesting...

Edited by TheWrightStuff, 26 October 2013 - 06:37 AM.

2013 CHAMP!- Field of Dreams (10 team, H2H, 5x5 [TB/OBP/R/SB/RBI...QS/W/K/ERA/WHIP]-No RP)


2014:
C-C.Santana (1B/3B), S.Vogt (1B/OF)
1B-F.Freeman, A.Craig (OF)
2B-N.Walker, J.Harrison (3B/OF)
3B- M.Machado, C.McGehee (1B)
SS- B.Zobrist (2B/OF), X.Bogaerts(3B)
OF-A.McCutchen, Y.Puig, J.Bautista (1B), S.Pearce (1B), M.Byrd, B.Revere

SP-Y.Darvish, G.Cole, J.Shields, C.Hamels, H.Iwakuma, AJ Burnett, H.Bailey,
J.Lackey,D.Hutchison, J.deGrom, C.Morton, J.Quintana, JA Happ, J.Kelly


N/A: N.Syndergaard

Let's go, Mets!

#2 ballfan4141

ballfan4141

    On the Ballot

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:57 AM

1. mike trout.............then who. got to put Cabrera at two I guess. then after that you have mccutchen, Goldschmidt, adam jones. adam jones deserves to be in with these guys. he had over 100-30-100.

#3 jimbo504

jimbo504

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:STL

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

don't forget about Braun, he'll be a early to mid 1st rounder despite missing time for his suspension this year. Gomez could possible be a late 1st or 2nd rounder. Kershaw will go off as the best pitcher in the 1st or 2nd. No idea where guys like Kemp and Pujols would go, Kemp I could see being a 2nd rounder, Pujols I don't think he'll go that high.... maaaaybe 3rd round.
Yahoo 12 team 2QB league
QB1: Peyton Manning / QB2: RG3 / RB1: Arian Foster / RB2: CJ Spiller
WR1: Andre Johnson / WR2: TY Hilton / WR3: Reggie Wayne / TE: Dennis Pitta / FLEX: Chris Johnson
K: Stephen Gostkowski / DEF: St. Louis
BN: Ray Rice / Dwayne Bowe / EJ Manuel / Travis Kelce / Josh Gordon / Cody Latimer


12 team .5 PPR .25 PPC
QB: Matt Ryan / RB1: Jamaal Charles / RB2: Arian Foster
WR1: Julio Jones / WR2: Larry Fitzgerald / TE: Martellus Bennett / FLEX: Chris Johnson
K: Matt Bryant / DEF: Seattle
BN: Mike Wallace / Knowshon Moreno / Matt Prater / Greg Jennings / Alex Smith / Jared Cook


10 team .5 PPR 2QB IDP
QB1: Matt Ryan / QB2: Robert Griffin III / RB1: Jamaal Charles / RB2: Le'veon Bell
WR1: Randall Cobb / WR2: Pierre Garcon / TE: Zach Ertz / FLEX1: CJ Spiller / FLEX2: Chris Johnson / K: Blair Walsh
BN: Marques Colston / Eric Decker / Ray Rice / Alex Smith


DB: Mark Barron / DB: Kam Chancellor
DL: Robert Quinn / DL: Jadeveon Clowney
LB: Alec Ogletree / LB: Von Miller

#4 Chubbles

Chubbles

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

I would not take kemp in 2 or pujols in 3
16 Team 10 Player Keeper  (2013 Champion!!!!!)
Hitters:  Molina, Davis, Tulowitzki, Pedroia, Beltre, Ellsbury, Puig, Kemp, Melky, Prado, Russell, Reyes, Hill, Grandal, Josh hamilton, Morneau

Pitchers:  Wainwright, Fernandez, Bumgarner, Hamels, Lincecum, Ventura, Chavez, Kazmir, Bauer, Mejia, Britton

#5 BigPapi44

BigPapi44

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

View PostChubbles, on 27 October 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

I would not take kemp in 2 or pujols in 3
Anyone who takes Kemp in the 2nd round should have their head examined.

#6 jimbo504

jimbo504

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:STL

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

View PostChubbles, on 27 October 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

I would not take kemp in 2 or pujols in 3

I wasn't saying I would take them there... but I could see that being where they get taken based on name/past years stats.
Yahoo 12 team 2QB league
QB1: Peyton Manning / QB2: RG3 / RB1: Arian Foster / RB2: CJ Spiller
WR1: Andre Johnson / WR2: TY Hilton / WR3: Reggie Wayne / TE: Dennis Pitta / FLEX: Chris Johnson
K: Stephen Gostkowski / DEF: St. Louis
BN: Ray Rice / Dwayne Bowe / EJ Manuel / Travis Kelce / Josh Gordon / Cody Latimer


12 team .5 PPR .25 PPC
QB: Matt Ryan / RB1: Jamaal Charles / RB2: Arian Foster
WR1: Julio Jones / WR2: Larry Fitzgerald / TE: Martellus Bennett / FLEX: Chris Johnson
K: Matt Bryant / DEF: Seattle
BN: Mike Wallace / Knowshon Moreno / Matt Prater / Greg Jennings / Alex Smith / Jared Cook


10 team .5 PPR 2QB IDP
QB1: Matt Ryan / QB2: Robert Griffin III / RB1: Jamaal Charles / RB2: Le'veon Bell
WR1: Randall Cobb / WR2: Pierre Garcon / TE: Zach Ertz / FLEX1: CJ Spiller / FLEX2: Chris Johnson / K: Blair Walsh
BN: Marques Colston / Eric Decker / Ray Rice / Alex Smith


DB: Mark Barron / DB: Kam Chancellor
DL: Robert Quinn / DL: Jadeveon Clowney
LB: Alec Ogletree / LB: Von Miller

#7 BigPapi44

BigPapi44

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

View Postjimbo504, on 27 October 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

View PostChubbles, on 27 October 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

I would not take kemp in 2 or pujols in 3

I wasn't saying I would take them there... but I could see that being where they get taken based on name/past years stats.
No, I understand, just commenting if someone does (and yes, I could see someone taking him there)

#8 WARrate

WARrate

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:03 AM

Jose Fernandez in round 1 or 2

#9 dsd10988

dsd10988

    Double-A

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:49 AM

1. (1a). Miguel Cabrera - everyone has their own preference for Cabrera vs. Trout.  No point in saying pros/cons.  You just have to know how to build the rest of your draft based on whichever one you choose.
2. (1b). Mike Trout

3. (3a). Paul Goldschmidt - If Pujols had this type of year, he would be the undisputed #3 pick.  Even though he doesn't have the same track record, If you still think that what Goldschmidt did wasn't a fluke then he should go here.
4. (3b). Andrew McCutchen - I think the same people who look at Trout as #1 will look at McCutchen as #3.  Enterring his prime (age 27) safest player after Trout to be above average/elite in all 5 categories.
5. (3c)  Robinson Cano - I think he'll be ranked 5th, but can see him going as high as 3rd for people that want to not worry about a 2b.

6. (6a) Ryan Braun - I'd rather pick a player who missed half a season for suspension than for injuries.  His 30-35 hr 100+ rbi .290+ stats are definitely a safe bet.  But he's 30 now, how many 30+ sb seasons does he have left?
7. (6b) Troy Tulowitzki - I would expect and be happy with a minimum of 125 games again.  He'll always be a top 10 pick until he proves he's not capable of hitting .300 30 hr 100 rbi in a full season.
8. (6c) Carlos Gonzalez - Injury this year was because of finger, not legs or wrists.  So I would feel comfortable picking him as high as 6th.

9. Clayton Kershaw - #1 SP, was ranked top 10 last year by everyone and was better this year.
10. Joey Votto - Would be interesting to see who people like more between Votto or Freeman.  I think I would definitely be comfortable taking 1 at the end of the 1st round.
11. Freddie Freeman
12. Adam Jones - Generally did the same thing last year that he does every year except with more rbi which probably says more about the overall production of the team especially Machado and Davis.  I wouldn't pick him in the top 10, doesn't have good plate discipline so still think there's a risk that he has a longer than usual slump and overall #'s drop down to  .275 and/or 25 hr.  That was the same question going into last year and don't think that will ever change with him.
13. Edwin Encarnacion - Has 3b eligibility now.  Only struck out 62 times last year.  Maybe he's a top 10 pick?  I don't know, its still hard for me to accept that 2 years ago he was a fantasy bust and now he is someone you build your team around.
14. Yu Darvish - I'd take him before Scherzer because more likely Darvish because more likely Darvish repeats the high strikeout totals than Scherzer the 20+ wins.
15. Max Scherzer
16. Adrian Beltre - He'll be 35 when the season starts.  At what point does he stop hitting.  I'm definietly going to pass because of his age, but the #'s the last 2 years speak for themselves.
17. Hanley Ramirez - .363 babip last year.  Even if he hits .280 with 25 hr, he's still a top 20 pick as a ss.  Then again you can get Ian Desmond a little later.  But few have Hanley's upside.  He was just frustrating to own last year with the injuries.
18. Carlos Gomez - 20 hr 40 sb 2 years in a row.  Could see him go higher than this.
19. Jacoby Ellsbury - Definitely going to be nice 2nd round pick for someone who gets Cabrera/McCutchen/Cano in the 1st.
20. Prince Fielder - 2nd round pick goes nice with a Trout/McCutchen 1st round pick.


Chris Davis - I think he'll be ranked in the top 10, but personally I see him more in the 20-30 range.  My thoughts on him:
If you pick him in the top 10, you think he is not only capable, but very likely to repeat his April and May 2013 at some point during 2014.  His BABIP in April was .383, in May it was .400.  For a guy who will strike out 200 times/year, I don't think that will happen again.  If you project his June-September stats over the course of a season, he is a .250 avg 50 hr hitter.   I think that would be a fair ceiling for him next season.  50 hr is still 50 hr, and he is probably the most likely hitter to have a chance of doing it, but is hurting the rest of your stats worth the risk?  I wouldn't pick him even in the top 20, but pretty sure based on his 2013 stats he'll be ranked in the top 10.

Edited by dsd10988, 28 October 2013 - 09:50 AM.


#10 parrothead

parrothead

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,596 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chula vista, CA
  • Interests:Following jimmy Buffett all summer hitting baseball stadiums along the way.

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

View Postdsd10988, on 28 October 2013 - 09:49 AM, said:

1. (1a). Miguel Cabrera - everyone has their own preference for Cabrera vs. Trout.  No point in saying pros/cons.  You just have to know how to build the rest of your draft based on whichever one you choose.
2. (1b). Mike Trout

3. (3a). Paul Goldschmidt - If Pujols had this type of year, he would be the undisputed #3 pick.  Even though he doesn't have the same track record, If you still think that what Goldschmidt did wasn't a fluke then he should go here.
4. (3b). Andrew McCutchen - I think the same people who look at Trout as #1 will look at McCutchen as #3.  Enterring his prime (age 27) safest player after Trout to be above average/elite in all 5 categories.
5. (3c)  Robinson Cano - I think he'll be ranked 5th, but can see him going as high as 3rd for people that want to not worry about a 2b.

6. (6a) Ryan Braun - I'd rather pick a player who missed half a season for suspension than for injuries.  His 30-35 hr 100+ rbi .290+ stats are definitely a safe bet.  But he's 30 now, how many 30+ sb seasons does he have left?
7. (6b) Troy Tulowitzki - I would expect and be happy with a minimum of 125 games again.  He'll always be a top 10 pick until he proves he's not capable of hitting .300 30 hr 100 rbi in a full season.
8. (6c) Carlos Gonzalez - Injury this year was because of finger, not legs or wrists.  So I would feel comfortable picking him as high as 6th.

9. Clayton Kershaw - #1 SP, was ranked top 10 last year by everyone and was better this year.
10. Joey Votto - Would be interesting to see who people like more between Votto or Freeman.  I think I would definitely be comfortable taking 1 at the end of the 1st round.
11. Freddie Freeman
12. Adam Jones - Generally did the same thing last year that he does every year except with more rbi which probably says more about the overall production of the team especially Machado and Davis.  I wouldn't pick him in the top 10, doesn't have good plate discipline so still think there's a risk that he has a longer than usual slump and overall #'s drop down to  .275 and/or 25 hr.  That was the same question going into last year and don't think that will ever change with him.
13. Edwin Encarnacion - Has 3b eligibility now.  Only struck out 62 times last year.  Maybe he's a top 10 pick?  I don't know, its still hard for me to accept that 2 years ago he was a fantasy bust and now he is someone you build your team around.
14. Yu Darvish - I'd take him before Scherzer because more likely Darvish because more likely Darvish repeats the high strikeout totals than Scherzer the 20+ wins.
15. Max Scherzer
16. Adrian Beltre - He'll be 35 when the season starts.  At what point does he stop hitting.  I'm definietly going to pass because of his age, but the #'s the last 2 years speak for themselves.
17. Hanley Ramirez - .363 babip last year.  Even if he hits .280 with 25 hr, he's still a top 20 pick as a ss.  Then again you can get Ian Desmond a little later.  But few have Hanley's upside.  He was just frustrating to own last year with the injuries.
18. Carlos Gomez - 20 hr 40 sb 2 years in a row.  Could see him go higher than this.
19. Jacoby Ellsbury - Definitely going to be nice 2nd round pick for someone who gets Cabrera/McCutchen/Cano in the 1st.
20. Prince Fielder - 2nd round pick goes nice with a Trout/McCutchen 1st round pick.


Chris Davis - I think he'll be ranked in the top 10, but personally I see him more in the 20-30 range.  My thoughts on him:
If you pick him in the top 10, you think he is not only capable, but very likely to repeat his April and May 2013 at some point during 2014.  His BABIP in April was .383, in May it was .400.  For a guy who will strike out 200 times/year, I don't think that will happen again.  If you project his June-September stats over the course of a season, he is a .250 avg 50 hr hitter.   I think that would be a fair ceiling for him next season.  50 hr is still 50 hr, and he is probably the most likely hitter to have a chance of doing it, but is hurting the rest of your stats worth the risk?  I wouldn't pick him even in the top 20, but pretty sure based on his 2013 stats he'll be ranked in the top 10.
I like your list a lot and I agree with you on Davis and I think you may see that some when we start to get actual ADP data especially from like NFB leagues versus say a yahoo or ESPN autodraft, where that will inflate him some.  To me, I think people will have him high on paper, but not actually make that pick themselves.  Wouldnt surprise me if he isnt a top 10 pick next year ADP wise.

One guy who I think is mostly undervalued and I have in my top 20, maybe even top 12 is David Wright, this guy is a 5-category contributor at what is (especially in 20-game standard leagues) a pretty weak 3B position.  You cant knock his production and if injuries are your concern, then you shouldnt have guys like Tulo, Hanley, Cargo on there.

Im also still a King Felix guy, Im not sure if I was there to take a pitcher and Felix and Sherzer are both there, that I would take Sherzer, I think Im going Felix if I were in that situation.
Seems everybody's jogging or heavy into health s?&t, don't tell me that I otta get rolfed, cause I love Cajun martinis and playing afternoon golf-JB from we are the people are parents warned us about

#11 damana

damana

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:57 AM

I agree that Davis will be ranked a little to high but I feel that ranking him outside the top 20 is a mistake.  He became a more patient hitter last season and if he can maintain the gains he made in that regard he can maintain the AVG, OBP, and runs.  He swung less and had excellent walk rates in 4 out of the 6 months.  He also has a track record as he began to make these adjustments in 2012 granted in less AB's.  If Davis hits .270-.275 and blasts 40-45 HR, even with the 200 strikeouts, he is top 10 material.
4X4 AL East and NL only Keeper auction league (Keep 10)

C. Davis ($25)(3 years)
D. Murphy ($6)(3 years)
B. Harper ($17)(2 years)
E. Cabrera ($4)(3 years)
X. Boegaerts (3rd base eligible only)($6)(4 years)
A. Jones ($27)(1 year)
K. Jensen ($8)(3 years)
M. Minor ($7)(3 years)
A. Cobb ($9)(3 years)
A. Cashner ($6)(3 years)

#12 Travis Burten

Travis Burten

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

View Postdsd10988, on 28 October 2013 - 09:49 AM, said:

1. (1a). Miguel Cabrera - everyone has their own preference for Cabrera vs. Trout.  No point in saying pros/cons.  You just have to know how to build the rest of your draft based on whichever one you choose.
2. (1b). Mike Trout

3. (3a). Paul Goldschmidt - If Pujols had this type of year, he would be the undisputed #3 pick.  Even though he doesn't have the same track record, If you still think that what Goldschmidt did wasn't a fluke then he should go here.
4. (3b). Andrew McCutchen - I think the same people who look at Trout as #1 will look at McCutchen as #3.  Enterring his prime (age 27) safest player after Trout to be above average/elite in all 5 categories.
5. (3c)  Robinson Cano - I think he'll be ranked 5th, but can see him going as high as 3rd for people that want to not worry about a 2b.

6. (6a) Ryan Braun - I'd rather pick a player who missed half a season for suspension than for injuries.  His 30-35 hr 100+ rbi .290+ stats are definitely a safe bet.  But he's 30 now, how many 30+ sb seasons does he have left?
7. (6b) Troy Tulowitzki - I would expect and be happy with a minimum of 125 games again.  He'll always be a top 10 pick until he proves he's not capable of hitting .300 30 hr 100 rbi in a full season.
8. (6c) Carlos Gonzalez - Injury this year was because of finger, not legs or wrists.  So I would feel comfortable picking him as high as 6th.

9. Clayton Kershaw - #1 SP, was ranked top 10 last year by everyone and was better this year.
10. Joey Votto - Would be interesting to see who people like more between Votto or Freeman.  I think I would definitely be comfortable taking 1 at the end of the 1st round.
11. Freddie Freeman
12. Adam Jones - Generally did the same thing last year that he does every year except with more rbi which probably says more about the overall production of the team especially Machado and Davis.  I wouldn't pick him in the top 10, doesn't have good plate discipline so still think there's a risk that he has a longer than usual slump and overall #'s drop down to  .275 and/or 25 hr.  That was the same question going into last year and don't think that will ever change with him.
13. Edwin Encarnacion - Has 3b eligibility now.  Only struck out 62 times last year.  Maybe he's a top 10 pick?  I don't know, its still hard for me to accept that 2 years ago he was a fantasy bust and now he is someone you build your team around.
14. Yu Darvish - I'd take him before Scherzer because more likely Darvish because more likely Darvish repeats the high strikeout totals than Scherzer the 20+ wins.
15. Max Scherzer
16. Adrian Beltre - He'll be 35 when the season starts.  At what point does he stop hitting.  I'm definietly going to pass because of his age, but the #'s the last 2 years speak for themselves.
17. Hanley Ramirez - .363 babip last year.  Even if he hits .280 with 25 hr, he's still a top 20 pick as a ss.  Then again you can get Ian Desmond a little later.  But few have Hanley's upside.  He was just frustrating to own last year with the injuries.
18. Carlos Gomez - 20 hr 40 sb 2 years in a row.  Could see him go higher than this.
19. Jacoby Ellsbury - Definitely going to be nice 2nd round pick for someone who gets Cabrera/McCutchen/Cano in the 1st.
20. Prince Fielder - 2nd round pick goes nice with a Trout/McCutchen 1st round pick.


Chris Davis - I think he'll be ranked in the top 10, but personally I see him more in the 20-30 range.  My thoughts on him:
If you pick him in the top 10, you think he is not only capable, but very likely to repeat his April and May 2013 at some point during 2014.  His BABIP in April was .383, in May it was .400.  For a guy who will strike out 200 times/year, I don't think that will happen again.  If you project his June-September stats over the course of a season, he is a .250 avg 50 hr hitter.   I think that would be a fair ceiling for him next season.  50 hr is still 50 hr, and he is probably the most likely hitter to have a chance of doing it, but is hurting the rest of your stats worth the risk?  I wouldn't pick him even in the top 20, but pretty sure based on his 2013 stats he'll be ranked in the top 10.

Freeman, Scherzer, and Ellsbury should not be top 20.

#13 dsd10988

dsd10988

    Double-A

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

View Postdamana, on 28 October 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

I agree that Davis will be ranked a little to high but I feel that ranking him outside the top 20 is a mistake.  He became a more patient hitter last season and if he can maintain the gains he made in that regard he can maintain the AVG, OBP, and runs.  He swung less and had excellent walk rates in 4 out of the 6 months.  He also has a track record as he began to make these adjustments in 2012 granted in less AB's.  If Davis hits .270-.275 and blasts 40-45 HR, even with the 200 strikeouts, he is top 10 material.

View Postdamana, on 28 October 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

I agree that Davis will be ranked a little to high but I feel that ranking him outside the top 20 is a mistake.  He became a more patient hitter last season and if he can maintain the gains he made in that regard he can maintain the AVG, OBP, and runs.  He swung less and had excellent walk rates in 4 out of the 6 months.  He also has a track record as he began to make these adjustments in 2012 granted in less AB's.  If Davis hits .270-.275 and blasts 40-45 HR, even with the 200 strikeouts, he is top 10 material.

Good points, he's hard to judge because he 2 completely different players last year:

April, May - Miguel Cabrera
June-September - Adam Dunn (Cincinatti Reds version)

If you think he will be April, May Chris Davis, you'll pick him 3rd.  If you think he'll be June-September Chris Davis, you'll pick him late 2nd - mid 3rd.  If you think he'll be something in between, you'll pick him late 1st.  I agree he'll be ranked mid-late 1st, but I am expecting Reds Adam Dunn.

#14 dsd10988

dsd10988

    Double-A

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

View Postparrothead, on 28 October 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

I like your list a lot and I agree with you on Davis and I think you may see that some when we start to get actual ADP data especially from like NFB leagues versus say a yahoo or ESPN autodraft, where that will inflate him some.  To me, I think people will have him high on paper, but not actually make that pick themselves.  Wouldnt surprise me if he isnt a top 10 pick next year ADP wise.

One guy who I think is mostly undervalued and I have in my top 20, maybe even top 12 is David Wright, this guy is a 5-category contributor at what is (especially in 20-game standard leagues) a pretty weak 3B position.  You cant knock his production and if injuries are your concern, then you shouldnt have guys like Tulo, Hanley, Cargo on there.

Im also still a King Felix guy, Im not sure if I was there to take a pitcher and Felix and Sherzer are both there, that I would take Sherzer, I think Im going Felix if I were in that situation.

Thanks.  Yeah, healthy David Wright would have been around 25 hr 25 sb .300+ avg.  You're right, he should be in that 10-15 range.  I'm sure a lot of people will like Longoria as well in the late 1st/early 2nd.

Edited by dsd10988, 28 October 2013 - 01:06 PM.


#15 FantasySportsEnthusiast

FantasySportsEnthusiast

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

This is my top 10:

(1) Miguel Cabrera (Trout or Cabrera, you can't go wrong with either but Cabrera has the edge for me)
(2) Mike Trout (Don't need to say anything.)
(3) Paul Goldschmidt (Hit better on the road and speed sets him apart)
(4) Robinson Cano (Obviously depends on where he signs but still put up great year without much help from rest of the lineup. I might just stay away in the first year of a new deal but by far the best and most consistent in one of the shallowest positions.)
(5) Andrew McChutchen (Not in a great lineup but if you miss out on Trout then he isn't a bad consolation prize.)
(6) Troy Tulowitzki (If you draft him you better be expecting a DL stint. Depending on who you replace him with, you'll very likely get top 3 total production at an extremely shallow position.)
(7) Carlos Gonzalez (As with his teammate, you should expect a DL stint. While I may take a chance with Tulo, I will not be buying Cargo.)
(8) Hanley Ramirez (I would instead take Hanley. Return to mid 2000 level production in a good lineup ad contract year has me buying. Even if he doesn't repeat his 2013 BABIP, he will still hit over .300 and qualify at SS.)
(9) Chris Davis (Don't believe he will repeat 2013)
(10) Clayton Kershaw (Depends if he gets an extension. Don't usually take pitchers this high but he's been too consistent and ridiculous to pass.)

#16 TheWrightStuff

TheWrightStuff

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,457 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:PA

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

my thread has picked up a lot of steam lately! i love the feedback. thanks...hope to see a lot more as time goes on!!!
2013 CHAMP!- Field of Dreams (10 team, H2H, 5x5 [TB/OBP/R/SB/RBI...QS/W/K/ERA/WHIP]-No RP)


2014:
C-C.Santana (1B/3B), S.Vogt (1B/OF)
1B-F.Freeman, A.Craig (OF)
2B-N.Walker, J.Harrison (3B/OF)
3B- M.Machado, C.McGehee (1B)
SS- B.Zobrist (2B/OF), X.Bogaerts(3B)
OF-A.McCutchen, Y.Puig, J.Bautista (1B), S.Pearce (1B), M.Byrd, B.Revere

SP-Y.Darvish, G.Cole, J.Shields, C.Hamels, H.Iwakuma, AJ Burnett, H.Bailey,
J.Lackey,D.Hutchison, J.deGrom, C.Morton, J.Quintana, JA Happ, J.Kelly


N/A: N.Syndergaard

Let's go, Mets!

#17 umphrey

umphrey

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

Sounds like I can get me some Chris Davis next year and laugh all the way to the bank with the 40 HRs 120RBIs and 100Rs

I'll take him 7/8/9

Edited by umphrey, 28 October 2013 - 04:24 PM.


#18 parrothead

parrothead

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,596 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chula vista, CA
  • Interests:Following jimmy Buffett all summer hitting baseball stadiums along the way.

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

View Postumphrey, on 28 October 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

Sounds like I can get me some Chris Davis next year and laugh all the way to the bank with the 40 HRs 120RBIs and 100Rs

I'll take him 7/8/9
That is certainly one possibility, I think there might be a few others as well...
Seems everybody's jogging or heavy into health s?&t, don't tell me that I otta get rolfed, cause I love Cajun martinis and playing afternoon golf-JB from we are the people are parents warned us about

#19 FantasySportsEnthusiast

FantasySportsEnthusiast

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

View Postumphrey, on 28 October 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

Sounds like I can get me some Chris Davis next year and laugh all the way to the bank with the 40 HRs 120RBIs and 100Rs

I'll take him 7/8/9
It's not about whether he can put up those numbers. It is about the probability that he can achieve those numbers. Strikes out way too much and plays at a position which has many other productive players.

I would be willing to gamble on him in this context. The league is a roto league with OBP instead of AVG and/or has categories additional categories like SLG, TB, etc. There are obviously other factors to consider but I would want to reduce the risk associated with a player like Davis as much as possible. In a R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG scoring league, he is someone I will very likely avoid.

#20 luckyodog10

luckyodog10

    Triple-A

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

I just traded for him in a keeper league. Home runs are great contributors to other stats and having him balanced with higher average players makes for a good team. Now I also have Pujols so might be looking to trade him.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users