Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

2013 Mid-Year Redraft Rankings

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#1 mverkruyse

mverkruyse

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

Thought I'd create this thread to have people re-evaluate the current outlook of the NFL, and assess what their board would look like if they were to join a redraft league starting today.

For me, the board would start off like this with PPR scoring:

1. Jamaal Charles
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Peyton Manning
4. LeSean McCoy
5. Reggie Bush
6. Adrian Peterson
7. Matt Forte
8. Jimmy Graham
9. Marshawn Lynch
10. Arian Foster
11. Dez Bryant
12. AJ Green
13. Drew Brees
14. Eddie Lacy
15. Knowshon Moreno
16. Brandon Marshall
16. Demaryius Thomas
17. Wes Welker
18. Jordy Nelson
19. Rob Gronkowski
20. Frank Gore

Observations:
  • There are 4 Bronco's in my Top 20; Peyton Manning has single-handedly produced a factory of fantasy points. The biggest surprise here in terms of preseason ADP has to be Moreno: the flier/late drafted RB has taken advantage of the situation and poor RB landscape to the tune of an early-to-mid 2nd round status.
  • There are 10 RB's in the Top 20. The 50% split might seem large, but the Yahoo preseason rankings had 14 of their Top 20 as RB's, that drop-off from 70% to 50% can be attributed to general poor RB play overall this year (yes, I know, you have Jamaal and he's been awesome... CSB, it's still been a bad year for RB's) and an increase of RBBC's. That leads to...
  • 7 WR's in the Top 20. "You don't go WR early bro, WR is deep." This is partially true, there's a couple names up here that you could have had for relatively cheap during the preseason (Welker and Jordy come to mind), but that doesn't mean that drafting the stud WR's was a bad move this preseason. There's a legitimate case to be made for drafting Calvin #1, and those who drafted Dez, AJ Green, Marshall, Demaryius have basically gotten what they've paid for, Julio Jones as well, before the unfortunate injury. To phrase this in another light: knowing what you do today, would you trade Dez and AJ Green for Spiller, Rice, Trent, Wilson, MJD? Probably not, but that trade probably would've been vetoed before the season started.
  • There's a QB in the Top 5. Remember THIS. Remember how badly it turned out for anyone who took Vick #1 overall that season? It's because QB is deep, right? Because it seems stupid to draft anything but an RB in Round 1, right? Well guess what... it's inevitable that Manning would go Top 5 in any redraft starting today.
My picks are obviously slightly biased by PPR scoring, but I think they still hold relatively true in standard. Biggest drop-off would be Reggie Bush most likely, but it's still only a move from mid-1st to late-1st in my mind.

Edited by mverkruyse, 29 October 2013 - 03:17 PM.

#2 Garrett W.

Garrett W.

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

Do I get points accumulated so far this year, or is this going forward? If it is going forward, I don't like Moreno nearly that high. I think he's a quality RB2, but I don't think we should anticipate that many TD going forward for the Broncos offense as they put up in the first half.

10-team keeper PPR

QB Brees
RB Forte

RB McCoy

WR A.Brown

WR ODB

WR K.Allen
TE Graham

DEF Ravens

K Graham

QB Sanchez

RB CJ Anderson

WR D.Jackson

WR Stills
WR Douglas
DEF Patriots

DEF Dolphins

#3 SpartanEric

SpartanEric

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

Do I get points accumulated so far this year, or is this going forward? If it is going forward, I don't like Moreno nearly that high. I think he's a quality RB2, but I don't think we should anticipate that many TD going forward for the Broncos offense as they put up in the first half.

Could also make the argument that they'll be more run-heavy going forward. No issue with Moreno that high.

#4 mverkruyse

mverkruyse

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

Could also make the argument that they'll be more run-heavy going forward. No issue with Moreno that high.

My main justification was this:

As stated above, there's only 10 RB's in my Top 20. That means in 10+ team leagues, there's really no more than 1 true "good-to-great" option at the position per manager. I don't love Moreno going forward, but the RB landscape justifies his position for me. He's the #5 scoring RB in terms of points per game in my league, so I couldn't drop him much further.

Edited by mverkruyse, 29 October 2013 - 03:29 PM.

#5 MickeyMouse

MickeyMouse

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

Could also make the argument that they'll be more run-heavy going forward with a RBBC or less touches for Moreno (14Moreno-11Ball 4 CJ last game) or Ball promoted to goal line back or Moreno commits murder and flees to Mexico. Issue with Moreno that high.

#6 kingjames02392

kingjames02392

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

Could also make the argument that they'll be more run-heavy going forward with a RBBC or less touches for Moreno (14Moreno-11Ball 4 CJ last game) or Ball promoted to goal line back or Moreno commits murder and flees to Mexico. Issue with Moreno that high.

Moreno had 20 touches last week, not 14.
12 team .5 PPR

QB- Matt Ryan
WR- AJ Green, Marshall, Sanders
RB- Stacy, Gerhart
TE- Heath
FLEX- Torrey Smith

BN- Pierce, Ivory, Ridley, Terrence, DMC, Hakeem Nicks

#7 SpartanEric

SpartanEric

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

1- Calvin Johnson
2- Jamaal Charles
3 - Jimmy Graham (assuming that foot starts feeling normal)
4 - Matt Forte
5 - Dez Bryant
6 - Marshawn Lynch
7 - Peyton Manning
8 - Arian Foster
9 - Drew Brees
10 - Aaron Rodgers
11 - LeSean McCoy
12 - Vernon Davis
13 - Rob Gronkowski
14 - AJ Green
15 - Eddie Lacy
16 - Reggie Bush (still can't see him holding up, w/out injury concerns he'd be top 5)
17 - Adrian Peterson (Vikes have the 3 worst collection of QB's I've ever seen)
18 - Jordy Nelson
19 - Wes Welker (admittedly he could be higher but don't feel like re typing the list ;)
20 - Frank Gore
21 - Knowshon Moreno
22 - Zac Stacy
23 - DeMaryius Thomas
24 - Eric Decker
25 - Matthew Stafford (another could be higher, kind of forgot about him)
26 - Cam Newton (same as above, lol)
27 - Vincent Jackson
28 - DeMarco Murray
29 - LeVeon Bell
30 - Tony Romo
31 - Victor Cruz
32 - Andre Johnson
33 - Antonio Brown
34 - Josh Gordon
35 - RG III
36 - Alfred Morris
37 - Philip Rivers
38 - Andrew Luck
39 - Justin Blackmon
40 - Russell Wilson
41 - Darren McFadden
42 - Keenan Allen
43 - Antonio Gates
44 - Pierre Garcon
45 - Anquan Boldin
46 - Percy Harvin
47 - Jarrett Boykin
48 - Jordan Cameron
49 - Jason Witten
50 - Ray Rice

#8 Zak0221

Zak0221

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

not sure how the OP didnt put Rodgers in top 20 lol

#9 mverkruyse

mverkruyse

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:55 AM

Haha I debated it, but he ended up being #21 for me. Reason is I don't think the drop-off in production between Rodgers and someone like Romo, Rivers, or a healthy Mike Vick is as big as it has been in years past.

#10 Guile

Guile

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:44 AM

Haha I debated it, but he ended up being #21 for me. Reason is I don't think the drop-off in production between Rodgers and someone like Romo, Rivers, or a healthy Mike Vick is as big as it has been in years past.

Well I guess it's safe to say you were right to leave Rodgers out of the top 20 :(
Jordy is outta the top 20 too without Rodgers healthy.

Record: 1-3 (12 Team non-ppr; 5th pick overall, 6pt passing td/-3 int)

QB: Foles (6th)
RB: Forte (1st), McCoy (*T), T. Gerhart, K. Moreno, K. Davis, Mckinnon
WR: Kelvin Benjamin (11), Michael Floyd (5), D. Hopkins (8), E. Royal
TE: Gronk (3rd)
Def/K: Bengals/Byrant

*Traded Julio for McCoy

#11 dmb3684

dmb3684

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:15 AM

Thought I'd create this thread to have people re-evaluate the current outlook of the NFL, and assess what their board would look like if they were to join a redraft league starting today.

For me, the board would start off like this with PPR scoring:

1. Jamaal Charles
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Peyton Manning
4. LeSean McCoy
5. Reggie Bush
6. Adrian Peterson
7. Matt Forte
8. Jimmy Graham
9. Marshawn Lynch
10. Arian Foster
11. Dez Bryant
12. AJ Green
13. Drew Brees
14. Eddie Lacy
15. Knowshon Moreno
16. Brandon Marshall
16. Demaryius Thomas
17. Wes Welker
18. Jordy Nelson
19. Rob Gronkowski
20. Frank Gore

Observations:

• There are 4 Bronco's in my Top 20; Peyton Manning has single-handedly produced a factory of fantasy points. The biggest surprise here in terms of preseason ADP has to be Moreno: the flier/late drafted RB has taken advantage of the situation and poor RB landscape to the tune of an early-to-mid 2nd round status.
  • There are 10 RB's in the Top 20. The 50% split might seem large, but the Yahoo preseason rankings had 14 of their Top 20 as RB's, that drop-off from 70% to 50% can be attributed to general poor RB play overall this year (yes, I know, you have Jamaal and he's been awesome... CSB, it's still been a bad year for RB's) and an increase of RBBC's. That leads to...
  • 7 WR's in the Top 20. "You don't go WR early bro, WR is deep." This is partially true, there's a couple names up here that you could have had for relatively cheap during the preseason (Welker and Jordy come to mind), but that doesn't mean that drafting the stud WR's was a bad move this preseason. There's a legitimate case to be made for drafting Calvin #1, and those who drafted Dez, AJ Green, Marshall, Demaryius have basically gotten what they've paid for, Julio Jones as well, before the unfortunate injury. To phrase this in another light: knowing what you do today, would you trade Dez and AJ Green for Spiller, Rice, Trent, Wilson, MJD? Probably not, but that trade probably would've been vetoed before the season started.
  • There's a QB in the Top 5. Remember THIS. Remember how badly it turned out for anyone who took Vick #1 overall that season? It's because QB is deep, right? Because it seems stupid to draft anything but an RB in Round 1, right? Well guess what... it's inevitable that Manning would go Top 5 in any redraft starting today.
My picks are obviously slightly biased by PPR scoring, but I think they still hold relatively true in standard. Biggest drop-off would be Reggie Bush most likely, but it's still only a move from mid-1st to late-1st in my mind.

I'm too lazy to post my own list and I generally agree with yours with a few exceptions.

-If it's from this point forward, I'd never take Manning close to that high. Brees either.

-I'd move ADP up to 2nd.

-Gronk is too low.

-Jordy is too high if you consider injury to Rodgers.

The rest looks pretty solid.

#12 junkster09

junkster09

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:35 AM

Drew Brees way too high

Foster and Nelson need to move down a bit

Jimmy graham a bit too low

Rest is about right- I honestly don't mind where bush is. He has 20+ pts in 4/4 games him and Calvin started and finished together healthy (Calvin snaps were limited against CLE). And I don't see him as injury prone as like amendola or Vick or DMc but rather like Murray

#13 metalmat

metalmat

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:45 AM

If both Jimmy Graham in Gronk continue to put up huge amount of points I think they are no-brainer mid 1st round picks. I think Graham needs to be right after Megatron.

You could swap Forte and Peterson but its fine like it is

My 0-9 Team

QB: Nick Foles

RB: Zac Stacy, Eddie Lacy

WR: Kennan Allen, Michael Floyd

TE: Zach Ertz

Flex: Eric Decker

#14 TheDarkExile

TheDarkExile

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:31 PM

You guys think McCoy should be that high while playing under Foles? Since Vick went down his #'s aren't all that great. On that list I'd put Lynch and Lacy ahead of him (even in PPR scoring) - possibly Moreno also

Also I see ppl complaning about Manning's placement - where would you place him?

12-team PPR league 6 PT per TD Pass and bonuses for 100+ Rushing/Receiving & 300+ Passing yards

QB: Aaron Rodgers 
RB1: Jamaal Charles (Kniles Davis,Doug Martin)
RB2: Joique Bell (A. Peterson, Pierre Thomas,Ronnie Hillman)

WR1: Antonio Brown (Kelvin Benjamin)

WR2: Jordy Nelson (Larry Fitz)
TE: GRONK 
Flex: Josh Gordon

D/ST: Seahawks

K: Phil Dawson

#15 CooL

CooL

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

SpartanEric seems to have forgotten about Brandon Marshall....

#16 a square

a square

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:25 PM

zac stacy should be an rb1 (~rb10). keenan allen should be a low-end wr1/ high-end wr2 (~wr12).

#17 ZeroCool22

ZeroCool22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:16 PM

take out rice and put Gio at 50
10 Team 1-PPR redraft w5 IDP, 1 W/R/T FLEX
QB Cutler Wilson RB Martin Bush Moreno Sankey Asiata
WR Demaryius Dez Allen Maclin TE Davis Olsen
K Hauschka D Trevathan Ogletree Lofton Woodyard
DB Cyprien Chancellor Ward

Fantasy Champion and 1st place reg season
10 Team 6x5 R HR RBI SB TB W SV K ERA WHIP
C Mesoraco 1B Moss 2B Santana SS Dee 3B Frazier
OF Gomez Bruce Springer UTIL Soler Kemp
BN Arenado Yelich Betts Pearce Crawford
SP G. Cole Wacha Gray Iwakuma Ventura Archer
Mchugh Paxton Odorizzi
RP Jansen Robertson Papelbon Doolittle Allen

#18 halforc

halforc

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

no Desean Jackson?

#19 Blu Exile

Blu Exile

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:45 PM

Come draft time next year ; Megatron, AJ Green, Dez, or Graham for me in round 1.

I'm scared to death to take a RB next year in the first round unless it's a sure thing like AP. I feel like Megatron, Dez, Graham are bulletproof. Unless they somehow got injured, you know what you're getting. RB's can get injured or just fall off the face of the earth for no reason. Foster, Rice, Martin, Spiller, T-Rich, etc. The list of RB's that have come out of nowhere on waivers is long also.

I'm not even paying one shred of attention to draft rankings next year or expert opinion. It just kills your team too much to get nothing from your picks in the first couple rounds. One league I got Megatron at pick 10 and Dez fell to me in round 2. (Green, Graham, and Marshall all went ahead of him) Probably first time ever going WR-WR. I can't lose in this league even if I tried. I had a great draft all around, but locking down two proven monsters with picks 1-2 just helps 100 fold.

I don't know if anybody else is sharing the same opinion as me after the past couple seasons. I'm dead-set on doing this next year. I don't care how many weird looks or laughs I get taking Dez Bryant at pick #5 (if Megatron is gone), I'm sticking to it.

#20 FouLLine

FouLLine

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:14 PM

My top 8.

1. Manning

(big gap)

2. Graham
3. Forte
4. Charles
5. Brees
6. AP
7. Calvin
8. Stafford

Based off of current production and positional scarcity.