10 replies to this topic

#1 FUM

FUM

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:04 PM

Those in keepers and dynasties, stash this guy now and thank me later.

Jags love this kid, good size 6-1 220 and runs a sub 4.4. They are looking for someone to step up and replace you know who, it could be Burton.

If you have room on your bench take a shot.
Rotoworld Forums' Official Badass with 6 warning points.

Most of what I post is for giggles. Please do not take me seriously when I'm venting about a pitcher that just got bombed or a hitter in a 2 for 20 slump. It's all for effect and trying to make all my fellow rotoheads chuckle, so don't be "that guy", yeah you know what I'm talking about.

#2 hard1

hard1

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,881 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:07 PM

Dang it. Thought mike brown was the guy to grab. I've been wrong almost all year on my wr fliers. So maybe it is this guy.

#3 FUM

FUM

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:38 PM

Mike Brown is probably more immediate and short term. Stephen is getting over a concussion but the last game he played they targeted him 9 times. Gus Bradley loves him. Just google news his name and see was comes up lately.

Most of what I post is for giggles. Please do not take me seriously when I'm venting about a pitcher that just got bombed or a hitter in a 2 for 20 slump. It's all for effect and trying to make all my fellow rotoheads chuckle, so don't be "that guy", yeah you know what I'm talking about.

#4 nonstopfan

nonstopfan

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:49 PM

Actually if we are talking about the same article, the article conceded that Mike Brown is the #2 WR going forward and pointed out that there's a WR3 spot open now with Brown's upgrade and its time for Burton to step up to fill that role. Mike Brown is still the guy to own here.

#5 ToO_BaD

ToO_BaD

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,829 posts
  • Interests:SF GIANTS, Niners, Warriors

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

I have seen quotes about Burton "stepping up," but nothing about him "stepping up to replace Blackmon." He would still be #3 behind Shorts and Brown (who played well even with "you know who" around), and let's not forget Lewis who does still get targets. I think I'd have to see something from him and the coaching staff before I go about using any space on him. Coaching staff's haven't always been the most reliable source this season (a la Spiller, TRich, etc.).
RW Mock Draft Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, 6pt all TDs

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Matt Forte, Trent Richardson,
DeAngelo Williams, Stepfan Taylor
WR: Pierre Garçon, Larry Fitzgerald, Kelvin Benjamin, Allen Robinson
W/R/T: T.Y. Hilton, Mike Evans
TE: Vernon Davis,
Antonio Gates
DEF: Denver D/ST
K: Stephen Gostkowski

Any Given Pick League (Friends): 11-team non-PPR, Running point total, 10pt all TDs, 10 point bonus at 100 yds rush/rec or 300 yards passing, Can keep up to three players drafted 9th round or later for 4 years after draft (* = keepers prior to draft)

QB: Nick Foles, Kirk Cousins
RB: Eddie Lacy, Arian Foster, Lamar Miller, Fred Jackson*, Terrance West
WR: Demaryius Thomas, Julio Jones*, Cordarelle Patterson, Josh Gordon*
Flex: Percy Harvin
TE: Niles Paul
DEF: Lions D/ST
K: Parkey

#6 FUM

FUM

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

You guys are right Brown is the man for now, but he's smaller and slower than Burton and as he gets more acclimated, I can see him passing Brown on the depth chart in the near future. Anyway we will see how it plays out.

#7 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:44 AM

hope next year Jags bring in a Johnny Football Mike Evans duo.

would make the jags a ton more fun to watch.

#8 djbigf

djbigf

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:44 AM

If you're seriously thinking of adding the jags #3 WR your season's over.

10 team league: (std scoring/flex)

QB Foles, Newton
RB Lynch, Murray, Foster, Stewart, Miller, Ingram, McKinnon
WR Cobb, VJackson, Benjamin, Quick, Decker
TE Cameron, Walker
K Tucker
D Eagles (stream)

#9 mpbaseball22

mpbaseball22

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:47 AM

As was stated the OP said in keeper and dynasty leagues, and one can assume he is talking about deep leagues. This dude isnt too interesting right now but he has potential
16 Team Dynasty with Milb rosters (40 man mlb, 35 man milb) 15 start limit, points league
McCatchin Trout
C: Posey
1B: Lind
2B: Kipnis
3B: Lamb
SS: Asdrubal
IF: Hardy
OF: McCutchen, Trout, Beltran, Harrison
U: Gattis, Alvarez, Moustakas
Bench: Ruf, Escobar, Sizemore, Grossman, Dietrich

SP: Zimmerman, Kazmir, Cashner, deGrom, Holland, Simon, Kennedy, Duffy, Morton, Hutchison, McCarthy, Carrasco, Volquez, Miguel Gonzalez, Feldman, Wada, Capuano
RP: Holland, Rosenthal, Melancon, Doolittle, Ramos, Morris, Cecil, Giles
Prospects (35 man rosters):
Bundy, Dahl, Schwarber, Carson Sands, Gillaspie, Medeiros, Luis Ortiz, Miguel A Gonzalez, Cameron Varga, Lorenzen, Lugo, Franmil Reyes, Chase Vallot, Adalberto Mejia, Mella, Heredia, Mike Montgomery, Joan Gregorio, Wendle, Jefry Rodriguez, Vaugh Bryan, Palka, Kevin Franklin, Juan De Leon, Willy Adames, Slegers, Hockin, Max George, Hentges, DeCarr, Tyler DeLoach, Josh Prevost, Amaurys Minier, Yu-Cheng Chang

#10 Alfonz289

Alfonz289

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:01 AM

Are we so sure Blackmon is done with the Jags? Isn't it a possibility that Blackmon returns to the Jags next year and teams with Shorts again for the starting duo? That would relegate Burton to 3rd WR at best thus really negating any value he'd have for dynasty.
2014 Fantasy Football 12 Team Dynasty League 0.5 PPR All TD's 6pts IDP (2DL, 2LB, 2DB)

QB's-Jay Cutler
RB's-Adrian Peterson, C.J. Spiller, Zac Stacy, Christine Michael, Jerrick McKinnon
WR's-Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, Michael Floyd, Keenan Allen, Justin Hunter, Sammy Watkins, Jermaine Kearse
TE's-Julius Thomas, Eric Ebron
K's-Steven Hauschka
DL's-Ziggy Ansah, Chandler Jones
LB's-Bobby Wagner, Alec Ogletree
DB's-Kenny Vaccaro, Roman Harper

2 2015 first round picks.

#11 pikerbkb

pikerbkb

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:30 PM

Are we so sure Blackmon is done with the Jags? Isn't it a possibility that Blackmon returns to the Jags next year and teams with Shorts again for the starting duo? That would relegate Burton to 3rd WR at best thus really negating any value he'd have for dynasty.

It's just a spec stash if you can spare the spot. I did it just because he has the measurables and he will have an audition of sorts since teh Jags are pretty much vying for high picks. I also picked up DRob. Worst case, I don't like what I see and cut them. Upside, upside, upside.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users