Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Can NASCAR be made cool for the rest of us?Whoa! A real NASCAR topic. This is weird!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

#41 The Darcmenace

The Darcmenace

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 08:29 AM

View PostGary, on Mar 26 2008, 02:44 PM, said:

Actually i have been to a Red Sox's game, and a Yankees game.

Ever been to a Red Sox - Yanks game?
"If your afraid of dying, it shows you have a life worth living."

"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery but today is all about living in the moment."

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing"

#42 King Gonzo

King Gonzo

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,526 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:47 PM

View Postsmartfishes, on Dec 30 2007, 12:08 AM, said:

At leat NASCAR has one thing going for them.........It's not Hockey.

At least the NHL has one thing going for them.......Its not Duke that loses in Round 2  B)
Best Baseball Team

#43 The Darcmenace

The Darcmenace

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 07:29 AM

View PostKing Gonzo, on Mar 27 2008, 10:47 PM, said:

At least the NHL has one thing going for them.......Its not Duke that loses in Round 2 B)

Oh now that was just a beautiful sight to see...GO UNC!!!
"If your afraid of dying, it shows you have a life worth living."

"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery but today is all about living in the moment."

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing"

#44 forkinme

forkinme

Just Drafted

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:40 PM

View PostMustacheToes, on Dec 9 2007, 06:52 PM, said:

I take it they are from Texas and most likely the Houston area?

Nope, California. How about theme races, we could make Bristol Chariot races. Talladaga run rails, that would be a nasty race.

#45 4.12

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:00 PM

View Postsmartfishes, on Dec 29 2007, 10:08 PM, said:

WOW! Are you serious? You HAVE GOT TO BE CLINICALLY INSANE. Hockey is a great sport and deserves more credit than it gets, honestly who outside of the southern states can watch an ENTIRE nascar race? They race in a oval for god sakes. Hockey requires more talent and is a much more exciting sport. Oh and on that note Formula 1 > Nascar.

To answer your question, no, its the most mind-numbing 3 hours you can endure, its worse than chinese water torture. You ever need to get an answer out of someone make them watch NASCAR...

#46 Stanford410

Stanford410

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

View Post4.12, on 12 April 2008 - 03:00 PM, said:

View Postsmartfishes, on Dec 29 2007, 10:08 PM, said:

WOW! Are you serious? You HAVE GOT TO BE CLINICALLY INSANE. Hockey is a great sport and deserves more credit than it gets, honestly who outside of the southern states can watch an ENTIRE nascar race? They race in a oval for god sakes. Hockey requires more talent and is a much more exciting sport. Oh and on that note Formula 1 > Nascar.

To answer your question, no, its the most mind-numbing 3 hours you can endure, its worse than chinese water torture. You ever need to get an answer out of someone make them watch NASCAR...
I live in California and watch all the races. Anyone who puts down NASCAR isnt a racing fan and you cant change that. Ive been around motorcross, sprint car racing, drag racing, and NASCAR growing up and i still love it. You either like it or you dont. But please dont bash it. Formula 1 is not better either. And it takes a lot more skill to drive than to play hockey.Trust me i played hockey for years and its way harder to drive 200 miles an hour close to cars in a slipstream for hundreds of miles. Dont knock it till you try it.
SF Giants-UGA Dawgs-Pittsburgh Steelers

#47 HashtagHeel

HashtagHeel

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

It is cool. Most people aren't intelligent enough to get the physics, and strategy that goes into being a winning race team. They prefer following a bouncy ball.

#48 Stanford410

Stanford410

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

View PostHashtagHeel, on 13 February 2013 - 12:34 AM, said:

It is cool. Most people aren't intelligent enough to get the physics, and strategy that goes into being a winning race team. They prefer following a bouncy ball.
exactly
SF Giants-UGA Dawgs-Pittsburgh Steelers

#49 HashtagHeel

HashtagHeel

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

There is no better feeling in the world than dropping some physics and science bombs on people who call me dumb for watching racing. It's priceless hearing them stumble, and stammer for a response.

#50 calzonesays

calzonesays

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

I think it should be more like Mario Kart.  You can have Banana Peels, throw red shells out of your window and lightning bolts that shrink everyone

#51 Ryan81

Ryan81

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

NASCAR is amazing. Anyone enjoy Denny Hamlin's move on the last lap?
"Sometimes you get the bear; sometimes the bear gets you." -Clay Othic