Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Rotoworld Forum Moderator's Week 10 PPR Rankings

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,592 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:22 PM

Here you go, community. Do what you will with them. Embrace them, tout them, criticize them.....laugh at them but they're here for your disposal. All we ask is that you remember that this thread is here as a resource and tool to stimulate conversation, not as a place to ask you're own Assistant Coach questions about who to start in your league. Thanks and best of luck to everyone this week!!!!

http://www.rotoworld...r-week-10-ranks

*Note: Based on participation rates, we will not be having the community ranks anymore.
"Give me a break, I'm a product of divorce!"

#2 mverkruyse

mverkruyse

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:16 AM

Here you go, community. Do what you will with them. Embrace them, tout them, criticize them.....laugh at them but they're here for your disposal. All we ask is that you remember that this thread is here as a resource and tool to stimulate conversation, not as a place to ask you're own Assistant Coach questions about who to start in your league. Thanks and best of luck to everyone this week!!!!

*Note: Based on participation rates, we will not be having the community ranks anymore.

Take this as a bit of feedback if you will, but I think part of the issue with the community ranks was the requirement to rank so many players within the position. I think if we had made it...and I hate to draw the comparison...like Yahoo's rankings where community members ranked their top 10 and averages were calculated to create a list, there would have been a higher level of interest.

For example, in the Forum Moderator's Week 10 rankings, we get down to Robert Turbin vs. Marcel Reece at the RB rankings; that's all well and good as an exercise for the most adamant fantasy addicts, but:
  • At that point, the rankings are essentially arbitrary. There's a realistic, if not probable, chance that neither back will break 20 yards.
  • If you're relying on either back at this point, your season is already shot (unless you're playing in some mega-league where you start 5 RB's or there's 20+ teams).
  • It changes the time commitment from small to prohibitively large. From what I recall, the community rankings didn't require members to grade out a top 50 RB's, but it did require something like 25+ QB's, which I found slightly excessive. In a 2 QB league the information might be slightly useful, but to the overwhelming fantasy majority, there's not a real reason to care about whether Mike Glennon or Thad Lewis is going to have a better matchup.
Just my $.02.

#3 s13v3

s13v3

Just Drafted

• Probationary Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:21 PM

How do I set a discussion on this forum for fantasy football? I'm on my phone and it won't let me view the full web version could this be whu?

#4 preeti222

preeti222

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:26 AM

Same question is in my mind. fighting for it Plz help me.

Edited by preeti222, 11 November 2013 - 05:27 AM.

#5 SpartanEric

SpartanEric

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:16 AM

Take this as a bit of feedback if you will, but I think part of the issue with the community ranks was the requirement to rank so many players within the position. I think if we had made it...and I hate to draw the comparison...like Yahoo's rankings where community members ranked their top 10 and averages were calculated to create a list, there would have been a higher level of interest.

For example, in the Forum Moderator's Week 10 rankings, we get down to Robert Turbin vs. Marcel Reece at the RB rankings; that's all well and good as an exercise for the most adamant fantasy addicts, but:
  • At that point, the rankings are essentially arbitrary. There's a realistic, if not probable, chance that neither back will break 20 yards.
  • If you're relying on either back at this point, your season is already shot (unless you're playing in some mega-league where you start 5 RB's or there's 20+ teams).
  • It changes the time commitment from small to prohibitively large. From what I recall, the community rankings didn't require members to grade out a top 50 RB's, but it did require something like 25+ QB's, which I found slightly excessive. In a 2 QB league the information might be slightly useful, but to the overwhelming fantasy majority, there's not a real reason to care about whether Mike Glennon or Thad Lewis is going to have a better matchup.
Just my $.02.

Yup, did the rankings one time, and after it made me rank 50 some RB's without leaving until it was completed down to the last guy I never bothered again. There should just be a computerized list that shoots out and you move guys up and down based on your preference. I have no interest in sorting out Jonathon Franklin/Christine Michael/Ronnie Brown.