Jump to content

Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

John Carlson 2013 Season OutlookMove over Kyle Rudolph?


  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Mek Daddy

Mek Daddy

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:39 PM

Ponder's really looking for him tonight...5 catches for 79 yards and a score already. Is this the hot tight end pick up for the week?

#2 CL3VELANDBR0WNS

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:54 PM

Picked him up
I am more than willing to help with any dynasty/keeper league questions, PM me if you have any.

#3 Evilbooyaa

Evilbooyaa

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:07 PM

Seems like it. I remember a couple years ago this guy was somewhat fantasy relevant... in SEA I believe? Glad to see him get an opportunity again. Of course with the volatility of the MIN QB situation.... who knows if it'll be consistent.
My motto for Fantasy Football: Don't get involved in Shanahanigans.

12 Team Standard PPR league: QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, TE, R/W/T Flex.
Week 15 (Playoffs!):
QB: Kaepernick,
RBs: Stacy, Murray, L. Bell,
WRs: A. Brown, Garcon, K. Allen, Gordon, Patterson
TE:,J. Thomas, Pitta
K:  Hartley
DEF:  CAR/KC/BUF

#4 Mek Daddy

Mek Daddy

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:08 PM

View PostEvilbooyaa, on 07 November 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

Seems like it. I remember a couple years ago this guy was somewhat fantasy relevant... in SEA I believe? Glad to see him get an opportunity again. Of course with the volatility of the MIN QB situation.... who knows if it'll be consistent.

I felt better about him while Ponder was still in the game. Now I'm curious to see what his usage will be with Cassel under center, or if Ponder will be back.

#5 Mek Daddy

Mek Daddy

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:12 PM

Okay, I'm sold. I am now a proud owner!

#6 BismoFunyuns

BismoFunyuns

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:PA

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:48 AM

View PostBismoFunyuns, on 08 November 2013 - 12:48 AM, said:

How are you guys picking him up?

Ponder ok?

Edited by BismoFunyuns, 08 November 2013 - 12:51 AM.


#7 Mek Daddy

Mek Daddy

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:57 AM

View PostBismoFunyuns, on 08 November 2013 - 12:48 AM, said:

View PostBismoFunyuns, on 08 November 2013 - 12:48 AM, said:

How are you guys picking him up?

Ponder ok?

In a couple of my leagues, players don't lock once they start playing, so you can pick up free agents anytime - even in the middle of a game. Makes for a lot of mid-week sneaky pickups.

And nope...dislocated shoulder for Ponder. SMH

If they turn back to Freeman, back to the waiver wire Carlson goes!

Edited by Mek Daddy, 08 November 2013 - 12:58 AM.


#8 Gryfter

Gryfter

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brooklyn, NY

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:36 AM

View PostMek Daddy, on 08 November 2013 - 12:57 AM, said:

View PostBismoFunyuns, on 08 November 2013 - 12:48 AM, said:

View PostBismoFunyuns, on 08 November 2013 - 12:48 AM, said:

How are you guys picking him up?

Ponder ok?

In a couple of my leagues, players don't lock once they start playing, so you can pick up free agents anytime - even in the middle of a game. Makes for a lot of mid-week sneaky pickups.

And nope...dislocated shoulder for Ponder. SMH

If they turn back to Freeman, back to the waiver wire Carlson goes!

what kind of bush league is that...?
14 Team H2H:

C: Devin Mesoraco
1B: Carlos Santana
2B: Jose Altuve
SS: Jose Reyes
3B: Evan Longoria
RF: JD Martinez
CF: Bryce Harper
LF: Corey Dickerson
Util: Kolten Wong

Bench: Steven Vogt, Dee Gordon, Yoenis Cespedes
DL: Michael Wacha, CJ Wilson

Starters:
David Price, Scott Kazmir, Jon Lester, Jesse Hahn, Clay Buchholz, Edinson Volquez

Relievers:
Fernando Rodney, Casey Janssen, Jenrry Mejia, Santiago Casilla, Joe Smith, Ken Giles

#9 Mek Daddy

Mek Daddy

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

View PostGryfter, on 08 November 2013 - 06:36 AM, said:

View PostMek Daddy, on 08 November 2013 - 12:57 AM, said:

View PostBismoFunyuns, on 08 November 2013 - 12:48 AM, said:

View PostBismoFunyuns, on 08 November 2013 - 12:48 AM, said:

How are you guys picking him up?

Ponder ok?

In a couple of my leagues, players don't lock once they start playing, so you can pick up free agents anytime - even in the middle of a game. Makes for a lot of mid-week sneaky pickups.

And nope...dislocated shoulder for Ponder. SMH

If they turn back to Freeman, back to the waiver wire Carlson goes!

what kind of bush league is that...?

Not to derail from the thread, but I actually prefer it. It's a format that rewards very active managers - especially those that watch games.

#10 metalmat

metalmat

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:40 PM

If your team needs a TE you seriously need to take a look at Carlson. It's not like he is some unknown dude, he had a few productive season back in Seattle. Could be a solid starting TE for your team ROS

#11 Sidearmer

Sidearmer

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,840 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:38 PM

Rudolph was racking up targets the last 3 games, I actually snagged him the week he got injured. Now Carlson comes in and gets the same heavy dose of targets, I could see him continue. He was a solid fantasy TE option in Seattle but got hurt, maybe he is finally rounding back into form.
"I never said most of the things I said." - Yogi Berra

#12 jtbgator

jtbgator

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,962 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dallas

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:14 PM

View Postmetalmat, on 08 November 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

If your team needs a TE you seriously need to take a look at Carlson. It's not like he is some unknown dude, he had a few productive season back in Seattle. Could be a solid starting TE for your team ROS

I might just have to get him and drop that bum Fleener.  I did love his targets last week.  He seems to be Ponder's first option.
Team A 12 Team 1PPR (11-4)
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, FLEX (RB/WR/TE), TE, K, D/ST

QB:  Ryan Tannehill, Alex Smith
RB:  Eddie Lacy, Reggie Bush, LeVeon Bell, Shane Vereen, Joique Bell
WR:  DeSean Jackson,  
Cordarrelle Patterson, Doug Baldwin
TE:  Coby Fleener
K:  Steven Hauschka
D/ST:  Arizona, Detroit, Cleveland

#13 metalmat

metalmat

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:15 PM

View Postjtbgator, on 12 November 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

View Postmetalmat, on 08 November 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

If your team needs a TE you seriously need to take a look at Carlson. It's not like he is some unknown dude, he had a few productive season back in Seattle. Could be a solid starting TE for your team ROS

I might just have to get him and drop that bum Fleener.  I did love his targets last week.  He seems to be Ponder's first option.

Plus he has a "revenge" matchup against his former team this week

#14 jtbgator

jtbgator

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,962 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dallas

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:16 PM

View Postmetalmat, on 12 November 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

View Postjtbgator, on 12 November 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

View Postmetalmat, on 08 November 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

If your team needs a TE you seriously need to take a look at Carlson. It's not like he is some unknown dude, he had a few productive season back in Seattle. Could be a solid starting TE for your team ROS

I might just have to get him and drop that bum Fleener.  I did love his targets last week.  He seems to be Ponder's first option.

Plus he has a "revenge" matchup against his former team this week

Good point
Team A 12 Team 1PPR (11-4)
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, FLEX (RB/WR/TE), TE, K, D/ST

QB:  Ryan Tannehill, Alex Smith
RB:  Eddie Lacy, Reggie Bush, LeVeon Bell, Shane Vereen, Joique Bell
WR:  DeSean Jackson,  
Cordarrelle Patterson, Doug Baldwin
TE:  Coby Fleener
K:  Steven Hauschka
D/ST:  Arizona, Detroit, Cleveland

#15 munde53

munde53

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

The last game was a fluke. If you somehow think he's going to put up better numbers than Rudolph was, you're going to be sadly mistaken.

#16 jtbgator

jtbgator

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,962 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dallas

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:37 PM

View Postmunde53, on 12 November 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

The last game was a fluke. If you somehow think he's going to put up better numbers than Rudolph was, you're going to be sadly mistaken.

Prob right but I'll take his upside over my current Fleener
Team A 12 Team 1PPR (11-4)
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, FLEX (RB/WR/TE), TE, K, D/ST

QB:  Ryan Tannehill, Alex Smith
RB:  Eddie Lacy, Reggie Bush, LeVeon Bell, Shane Vereen, Joique Bell
WR:  DeSean Jackson,  
Cordarrelle Patterson, Doug Baldwin
TE:  Coby Fleener
K:  Steven Hauschka
D/ST:  Arizona, Detroit, Cleveland

#17 munde53

munde53

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:42 PM

View Postjtbgator, on 12 November 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

View Postmunde53, on 12 November 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

The last game was a fluke. If you somehow think he's going to put up better numbers than Rudolph was, you're going to be sadly mistaken.

Prob right but I'll take his upside over my current Fleener
Fleener has more upside.

#18 RADickey4Prez

RADickey4Prez

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:45 PM

Carlson is waivers.  He's that guy you stream in a 2 TE league

#19 jtbgator

jtbgator

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,962 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dallas

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:45 PM

View Postmunde53, on 12 November 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

View Postjtbgator, on 12 November 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

View Postmunde53, on 12 November 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

The last game was a fluke. If you somehow think he's going to put up better numbers than Rudolph was, you're going to be sadly mistaken.

Prob right but I'll take his upside over my current Fleener
Fleener has more upside.

Not really.  Been starting Fleener since I lost Finley and he's been disappointing.  Carlson is a big target and Ponder has the history of always looking at the TE.  It's the TY show in Indy.  I guess I'm going out on a limb but I think Carlson has more upside in that offense.

Edited by jtbgator, 12 November 2013 - 02:46 PM.

Team A 12 Team 1PPR (11-4)
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, FLEX (RB/WR/TE), TE, K, D/ST

QB:  Ryan Tannehill, Alex Smith
RB:  Eddie Lacy, Reggie Bush, LeVeon Bell, Shane Vereen, Joique Bell
WR:  DeSean Jackson,  
Cordarrelle Patterson, Doug Baldwin
TE:  Coby Fleener
K:  Steven Hauschka
D/ST:  Arizona, Detroit, Cleveland

#20 Sidewayss 8

Sidewayss 8

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:51 PM

Going to try and scoop him up this week over Charles Clay.
QB: Tomy Brady
RB: Ray Rice, Stevan Ridley, MJD, Knowshon Moreno, Montee Ball
WR: Vincent Jackson, DeSean Jackson, Riley Cooper, Percy Harvin, Rod Streater, Michael Floyd
TE: Delanie Walker
DEF: New England
K: Mason Crosby




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users