10 replies to this topic

#1 LegendInMySpareTime

LegendInMySpareTime

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:52 AM

What's the deal with this guy? Fantasy relevant? 36 Home Runs for HOU (AAA) last year...Any chance of this guy sticking at 1B or just another Fatty to platoon DH with Wallace..

Edited by LegendInMySpareTime, 11 November 2013 - 07:53 AM.

14 Team Dynasty League 6X6 H2H League (AVG,R,HR,RBI,SB,BB)(W,S,H,K,WHIP,ERA)

MLB Roster -
C- Salvador Perez
1B - Justin Morneau, Ryan Howard
2B - Dustin Pedroia, Emilio Bonifacio, Brian Dozier
SS -Alexei Ramirez, Chris Owings, Marcus Semien
3B - Will Middlebrooks, Chris Johnson
OF - Giancarlo Stanton, Yoenis Cespedes, Darin Ruf
SP - Jose Fernandez, Jonathan Niese, Patrick Corbin, Jered Weaver, Danny Salazar, Ivan Nova
RP - Luke Gregerson, Ryan Cook, Joakim Soria, Joel Peralta, Brian Wilson

MiLB Roster -
3B Miguel Sano
SS Corey Seager, Dorssys Paulino
OF Mason Williams, Avisail Garcia
P - Danny Hultzen, Luis Heredia, Yordany Ventura

#2 Posting In The Clutch

Posting In The Clutch

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,264 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

He did all of his damage in the Mexican League, which is not affiliated with MLB.
You're television incarnate, Diana: Indifferent to suffering; insensitive to joy. All of life is reduced to the common rubble of banality. War, murder, death are all the same to you as bottles of beer. And the daily business of life is a corrupt comedy. You even shatter the sensations of time and space into split seconds and instant replays. You're madness, Diana. Virulent madness. And everything you touch dies with you. But not me. Not as long as I can feel pleasure, and pain... and love.

#3 FouLLine

FouLLine

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,063 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:35 PM

View PostPosting In The Clutch, on 11 November 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

He did all of his damage in the Mexican League, which is not affiliated with MLB.

Exactly.  Because of this it's hard to say.  The Mexican League is not all that competitive.

His actual AAA numbers were only a small 10 game sample.  He did hit .302 but his OPS was .605, no XBH no BBs.

The guy is listed at 6'4" 305, I've never seen him in person but he looks a bit on the obese side by his picture on MiLB.com

#4 FouLLine

FouLLine

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,063 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

He could be a lottery ticket though.  An unknown 27 year old who has a great opportunity to get ABs next season.  All he has to do is beat out the likes of Brett Wallace and/or Chris Carter to play either DH or 1B.  Judging by his size I'm thinking he's going to be better suited as a DH.  Which if that's the case it may cause problems down the road in dynasty leagues, after getting one year of eligibility at 1B.

#5 bdsparty32

bdsparty32

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:30 AM

View PostFouLLine, on 12 November 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

He could be a lottery ticket though.  An unknown 27 year old who has a great opportunity to get ABs next season.  All he has to do is beat out the likes of Brett Wallace and/or Chris Carter to play either DH or 1B.  Judging by his size I'm thinking he's going to be better suited as a DH.  Which if that's the case it may cause problems down the road in dynasty leagues, after getting one year of eligibility at 1B.

What about Singleton? I know he struggled a bit last year but if he performs well in ST he could definitely be in the picture @ DH/1B fairly early in the season.

#6 MrMartyBarrett

MrMartyBarrett

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:18 PM

Take any and all Mexican League HR numbers with a grain of salt.  Numbers are always uber-inflated.  Speculative add?  Maybe.  But I highly doubt any impact is made.

#7 FouLLine

FouLLine

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,063 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:36 AM

View Postbdsparty32, on 17 November 2013 - 02:30 AM, said:

View PostFouLLine, on 12 November 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

What about Singleton? I know he struggled a bit last year but if he performs well in ST he could definitely be in the picture @ DH/1B fairly early in the season.

Singleton is unlikely to make the team out of Spring Training.  Let alone make the team over Japhet Amador an international signing.

If Singleton has a hot start he could be up with The Super 2's, but other than that there's no expectations in Houston.  So why risk jeopardizing Singleton's confidence as well as "let the cat out of the bag early" on his tendencies.  When you can just play an already 27 year old international player while keeping Singleton a year further from arbitration.

#8 David Light

David Light

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:56 PM

I dont like this guy.  I think the only reason we are talking about him is because his last name sounds like a dinosaur or something AMA-DOR.

#9 compsella

compsella

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:50 PM

View PostDavid Light, on 18 November 2013 - 11:56 PM, said:

I dont like this guy.  I think the only reason we are talking about him is because his last name sounds like a dinosaur or something AMA-DOR.

I just think of Yaphet Kotto.   "I'M MOSLEY!!!"
What is both surprising and delightful is that spectators are allowed, and even expected, to join in the vocal part of the game.... There is no reason why the field should not try to put the batsman off his stroke at the critical moment by neatly timed disparagements of his wife's fidelity and his mother's respectability. ~George Bernard Shaw

#10 Yanksfan06

Yanksfan06

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:25 PM

315LBs?? Geez he make Matt "fat" Adams look anorexic.

#11 compsella

compsella

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:07 PM

Oscar Suarez, the agent for Astros prospect Japhet Amador, said Friday that his client has yet to report to camp as he's tending to his pregnant wife in Mexico.

Are we certain that it's his wife?

Posted Image
What is both surprising and delightful is that spectators are allowed, and even expected, to join in the vocal part of the game.... There is no reason why the field should not try to put the batsman off his stroke at the critical moment by neatly timed disparagements of his wife's fidelity and his mother's respectability. ~George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users