317 replies to this topic

#1 Suikoden

Suikoden

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:53 AM

CBS Sports' Jon Heyman hears that Ervin Santana's asking price is five years and $112 million.

Joel Sherman of the New York Post is hearing the same thing. Santana's agents arrived at the figure in part due to a comparison to Zack Greinke, who received a six-year, $147 million deal from the Dodgers last offseason. Santana is one of the top free agent pitchers available this offseason along with Ubaldo Jimenez and Matt Garza, but it would be a surprise if the bidding got that high for his services.

20 team, 4 keepers, standard score league:
QB-Ben Roethlisberger
WR-Dez Bryant
WR-Julio Jones
WR-Desean Jackson
RB-Chris Johnson
RB- Ryan Mathews
TE-Charles Clay
W/R- Allen Hurns BN- Knile Davis BN-BenJarvus Green-Ellis BN-John Brown BN- Jake Locker
K-Dan Bailey, Greg The Leg
Def- Denver, New York Giants

#2 Suikoden

Suikoden

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:55 AM

Not worth that kind of money. Unreal.

Comparing himself also to Grenks is asinine too. Grenks is CONSISTENT.

This bum will sink any team that signs him if at THAT kind of money.
  • damana likes this
20 team, 4 keepers, standard score league:
QB-Ben Roethlisberger
WR-Dez Bryant
WR-Julio Jones
WR-Desean Jackson
RB-Chris Johnson
RB- Ryan Mathews
TE-Charles Clay
W/R- Allen Hurns BN- Knile Davis BN-BenJarvus Green-Ellis BN-John Brown BN- Jake Locker
K-Dan Bailey, Greg The Leg
Def- Denver, New York Giants

#3 Chubbles

Chubbles

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

That will turn out horrible for the team that signs him to that type of deal
16 Team 10 Player Keeper (2013 Champion!!!!!)
Hitters: Molina, Davis, Tulowitzki, Pedroia, Beltre, Ellsbury, Puig, Kemp, Melky, Prado, Russell, Reyes, Hill, Grandal, Josh hamilton, Morneau

Pitchers: Wainwright, Fernandez, Bumgarner, Hamels, Lincecum, Ventura, Chavez, Kazmir, Bauer, Mejia, Britton

#4 Elohtub

Elohtub

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:36 PM

I agree, any team that pays him anywhere near that kind of money will sink their franchise. He is a nice #3. No real upside with him. 2 of last 4 years an era over 5. He just isn't dominant enough for that kind of money. On a post season team he would be borderline starter/bullpen. Just seems if you pony up that kind of money for that you will be weak at other positions or need a $250M payroll. Someone will probably go 4 years 70+ mill though.

#5 BigPapi44

BigPapi44

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:26 PM

4 - $70 is at least reasonable. Not saying I would want my team to sign him for that though.

#6 sunnyside

sunnyside

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:37 PM

The Santana #'s show how valuable pitching has become. Lincecum reupping for 17 mil per does not look so crazy now on the part of Giant mgnt. Wonder what kind of money Phil Hughes is seeking. . . .

#7 brockpapersizer

brockpapersizer

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,825 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:13 PM

Going to be this years Michael Bourn/Kyle Lohse and have to settle for much less at the end?

Unless you really are a superstar level player, it just seems like it makes more sense to keep your mouth shut and let someone overpay you rather than announce a figure thats an overpayment, which makes you look bad in the public eye, and leads you to not getting signed.

I mean, I'm fine with teams overpaying for players. Lots of contracts are overpays. This isn't a video game where you can just cherry pick exactly who you want and know exactly how good they are. For the love of God though, keep your ridiculous valuations to yourself.

He will not sign for 9 figures.

Edited by brockpapersizer, 14 November 2013 - 01:15 PM.

FREE JOSH GORDON......THREAD

-Buy high, sell low, keep em guessing.

#8 Posting In The Clutch

Posting In The Clutch

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,720 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

Santana and Greinke do not belong in the same sentence. And this comes from someone who thinks Greinke is overrated.

"...and woe betide fateful curiosity should it ever succeed in peering through a crack in the chamber of consciousness, out and down into the depths, and thus gain an intimation of the fact that humanity, in the indifference of its ignorance, rests on the pitiless, the greedy, the insatiable, the murderous."

-Nietzsche

#9 brockpapersizer

brockpapersizer

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,825 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:23 PM

Santana and Greinke do not belong in the same sentence. And this comes from someone who thinks Greinke is overrated.

Ironic considering you just put them in the same sentence #mindblown
  • ChrisFarley, Posting In The Clutch and WahooManiac like this
FREE JOSH GORDON......THREAD

-Buy high, sell low, keep em guessing.

#10 bbythepier

bbythepier

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:29 AM

Dodgers, Yanks, Blue Jays, or Mariners? Obviously LA & SEA are the desired spots for fantasy owners. LA has Haren, Beckett, Billingsley for #4 & 5. Zach Lee is good in MiLB but not dominant.

Lohse didn't sign until Mar 25th of last year. No way these clubs can wait that long. Ervin will sign by Feb 15th to....................SEA. 4/55, Garza-area. Right after Burnett signs with the O's and no chance Price is traded before July.

#11 bbythepier

bbythepier

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:42 PM

Deal progressing?

Ok, we all believe everything on twitter, right? C'mon, it's never wrong. KC not in on it. TOR not in on it. LA signs Maholm as insurance.
I'm still sticking with my prediction one post above: by Feb 15th, 4/55 with SEA. If you're SEA, might as well sign all your FAs this year since your #6 is protected.

Why do I care so much? Because my keepers are due by the 15th and Swervin Ervin only costs me $2. Get it done!

#12 Travdaddy10

Travdaddy10

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:38 PM

Deal progressing?

Ok, we all believe everything on twitter, right? C'mon, it's never wrong. KC not in on it. TOR not in on it. LA signs Maholm as insurance.
I'm still sticking with my prediction one post above: by Feb 15th, 4/55 with SEA. If you're SEA, might as well sign all your FAs this year since your #6 is protected.

Why do I care so much? Because my keepers are due by the 15th and Swervin Ervin only costs me $2. Get it done!

Minnesota missed out on Garza. Wouldn't be surprised to see them take a shot. Would be nice to have some solid vets around when Buxton and Sano are up.

#13 poopdungbeatle

poopdungbeatle

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,441 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:57 PM

Santana can't be too happy that Ubaldo signed for "only" 50 million/4 years. I can't see anyone offering more than that for Santana.

14 team Yahoo H2H Dynasty League (7x7)

BA / R / HR / RBI / SB / TB / BB
C - Devin Mesoraco / 1b - Edwin Encarnacion / 2b - Danny Santana / 3b - Todd Frazier / SS - Hanley Ramirez
OF - Carlos Gomez, Yasiel Puig, Matt Kemp
Util - Hunter Pence, Charlie Blackmon, George Springer
Bench - Evan Gattis, Steve Pearce, Kris Bryant, Joc Pederson

W / ERA / WHIP / K / QS / SV / HLD
SP - Clayton Kershaw, Johnny Cueto, Hisashi Iwakuma
RP - Kenley Jansen, Zach Britton, Luke Gregerson
P - Jacob deGrom, Alex Wood, Bryan Shaw, Jake Petricka
Bench -  Mike Fiers, Chris Archer, Danny Duffy, Kyle Hendricks,Carlos Carrasco

#14 Theoneupper

Theoneupper

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:01 PM

Santana can't be too happy that Ubaldo signed for "only" 50 million/4 years. I can't see anyone offering more than that for Santana.

Hopefully he can finally sign. Guy was way overvaluing himself from the start. I couldnt believe he wanted 100 mil. Ridiculous, even with the market for pitching today that was too much for Ervin.

#15 maxplanck

maxplanck

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:52 PM

Is he going to sign somewhere?
QB-A.Rodgers
WR-JORDY NELSON
WR-JUSTIN HUNTER
RB-PIERRE THOMAS
RB-BERNARD PIERCE
FLEX-TERRANCE WEST
TE-DENNIS PITA
K-GOSTKOWSKI
DEF-PHILLI
BN TE-TRAVIS KELCE
BN WR-GREG JENNINGS
BN WR-JEREMY COTCHERY
BN RB-KHIRRY ROBINSON
BN-JEREMY HILL
BN QB-JOE FLACCO
16 TEAM, H2H, NON-KEEPER,PPR

#16 Travdaddy10

Travdaddy10

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:57 PM

Maybe he'll wait until the season starts. Then he can sign wherever and it doesn't cost the team a draft pick. It might be later in the season though.

#17 BobC

BobC

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:09 PM

Maybe he'll wait until the season starts. Then he can sign wherever and it doesn't cost the team a draft pick. It might be later in the season though.

The draft is June 5-7 - that's when the draft pick compensation disappears. That would be just the Royals luck and is starting to look like a real possibility.

#18 IonZephyr

IonZephyr

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:28 PM

any guesstimations to when ervin might be fantasy-usable??? june? july? hopefully, earlier?
* PRIMARY (coworkers) Basketball league: 12 team Redraft H2H (PUNT asts, pts, ft%) - upd. 11/4PG PatBev, Chalmers, BurksSG/SF Ariza, Korver, Teletovic / Meeks, TAllenPF/C Ibaka, DJordan, Drummond, Frye, Olynyk, Bogut / BWright* SECONDARY (homies) Basketball league: 12 team Redraft H2H (PUNT PTS) - upd. 11/17PG Westbrook, Lowry, Jennings, CalderonSG/SF Korver, PatBev / JJohnson, MeeksPF/C MGasol, Horford, Frye, Olynyk, McRob / EdDavis* Primary Football league: 12 team Redraft H2H - upd. 11/20QB: Luck  WR: Cobb, Gordon, Decker (KWright)RB: Forte, TRichardson (McKinnon, SJax, TWest)TE: Walker<p>K: Santos DEF: Arizona / STREAM1 / STREAM2 

#19 d_wag

d_wag

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:50 PM

@Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: Ervin Santana now seeking a one-year deal, and wants to sign as quickly as possible.
  • IonZephyr likes this

#20 bbythepier

bbythepier

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:01 PM

@Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: Ervin Santana now seeking a one-year deal, and wants to sign as quickly as possible.

SEA please, flyball suppression.....sign for 3/45 next year

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users