Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Matt McGloin Outlook 2013

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#1 default_account

default_account

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:57 PM

Not a lot of fantasy implications here, but I think the man deserves a thread at this point since he is looking like he will make his first start in week 11 for the Oakland Raiders with Terrelle Pryor nursing a knee injury. He was signed as an undrafted free agent before the season starter. Congratulations to him if he does manage to start.

It may end up being a bit of a mess with Oakland's terrible offensive line going against Houston's imposing defense.

#2 owenmills

owenmills

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:14 PM

He was getting hyped up in the preseason. Tough defense to go up against in your first ever start but let's see what he can do.
I have 2 warning points. How many until I get a prize?

#3 mdub

mdub

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

As a guy who picked up Houston's D this week I say - Welcome Matt McGloin! Very happy to see you.
8 Team League Standard

QB: Cam, RGIII
RB: Lynch, Lacy, CJ2ypc, Spiller
WR: Green, Welker, Jeffery, Harvin
TE: Vernon, Reed
D: Carolina
K: Bailey

#4 And Won

And Won

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,642 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

I added like 2.5 weeks ago in my 32 teamer. He's a game manager but if they gameplanned for Pryor they will need to reevaluate their gameplan.

WE ARE PENN STATE!

Wake up.

#5 Evilbooyaa

Evilbooyaa

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:21 PM

As a guy who picked up Houston's D this week I say - Welcome Matt McGloin! Very happy to see you.

+1
My motto for Fantasy Football: Don't get involved in Shanahanigans.

12 Team Standard PPR league: QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, TE, R/W/T Flex.
Week 15 (Playoffs!):
QB: Kaepernick,
RBs: Stacy, Murray, L. Bell,
WRs: A. Brown, Garcon, K. Allen, Gordon, Patterson
TE:,J. Thomas, Pitta
K: Hartley
DEF: CAR/KC/BUF

#6 Slah

Slah

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

I added like 2.5 weeks ago in my 32 teamer. He's a game manager but if they gameplanned for Pryor they will need to reevaluate their gameplan.

WE ARE PENN STATE!

Any chance you are being serious?

I've wanted to start a 32-teamer for years...curious to know how you do it. Unless you were joking, of course.

#7 Sidewayss 8

Sidewayss 8

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

Is he for sure the confirmed starter?
QB: Tomy Brady
RB: Ray Rice, Stevan Ridley, MJD, Knowshon Moreno, Montee Ball
WR: Vincent Jackson, DeSean Jackson, Riley Cooper, Percy Harvin, Rod Streater, Michael Floyd
TE: Delanie Walker
DEF: New England
K: Mason Crosby

#8 predator_05

predator_05

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,579 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

I wouldn't get too excited, this has been the year of the backup QB. Lots of scrubs coming out of nowhere are putting up decent stats
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#9 default_account

default_account

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:58 PM

Is he for sure the confirmed starter?

No, but it's looking more and more likely. As of yesterday it looked like a 50/50 shot, and now it's looking more like a 65/35 shot.

Edited by default_account, 15 November 2013 - 03:58 PM.

#10 owenmills

owenmills

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:36 PM

WE ARE PENN STATE!

I've wanted to start a 32-teamer for years...curious to know how you do it. Unless you were joking, of course.

I'm in a really deep league, and the challenge of hunting for those diamonds in the rough can be fun sometimes, but also can be pretty annoying scraping the bottom of the waiver wire barrel for starters. 32 teamer? No thanks!

#11 And Won

And Won

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,642 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:51 PM

WE ARE PENN STATE!

I'm in a really deep league, and the challenge of hunting for those diamonds in the rough can be fun sometimes, but also can be pretty annoying scraping the bottom of the waiver wire barrel for starters. 32 teamer? No thanks!

When there are 32 teams, the bottom is not that many people. There are less players to look through this way. It's one of the funnest leagues I've ever been in. 100M salary cap, a slow draft that started back in April, my team is dominant and it's all because I am a master of fantasy sports!!!! BWAHAHA People should get a gym badge whenever they beat me, real talk.

Players like Matt McGloin, Tim Wright, Jarrett Boykin, and Joplu Bartu are what sets me apart from the bad or average teams. Just by owning McGloin in addition to my other QBs, there are at least 3 teams without a viable QB to start!!! I own Foles, Campbell, Manuel, and McGloin!!! 8-2 baby, clinching up my division this week!

Let's keep the focus on the player here and not just my life. McGloin looked good 2 weeks ago against the Eagles, and even before that there were whispers around the Raiders organization saying he could run that offense better than Pryor. McGloin will step in and boost Denarius Moore's value and take some pressue off the run game when RUN DMC returns. It's a win-win for fantasy, but in regards to standard 10-12 team leagues, he is simply a name to add to your watch list. No need to add at this point.

Edited by And Won, 15 November 2013 - 04:55 PM.

Wake up.

#12 Al.Davis

Al.Davis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:32 PM

Can't be worse than Jamarcus.

#13 theSPANKER

theSPANKER

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:33 PM

WE ARE PENN STATE!

When there are 32 teams, the bottom is not that many people. There are less players to look through this way. It's one of the funnest leagues I've ever been in. 100M salary cap, a slow draft that started back in April, my team is dominant and it's all because I am a master of fantasy sports!!!! BWAHAHA People should get a gym badge whenever they beat me, real talk.

Players like Matt McGloin, Tim Wright, Jarrett Boykin, and Joplu Bartu are what sets me apart from the bad or average teams. Just by owning McGloin in addition to my other QBs, there are at least 3 teams without a viable QB to start!!! I own Foles, Campbell, Manuel, and McGloin!!! 8-2 baby, clinching up my division this week!

Let's keep the focus on the player here and not just my life. McGloin looked good 2 weeks ago against the Eagles, and even before that there were whispers around the Raiders organization saying he could run that offense better than Pryor. McGloin will step in and boost Denarius Moore's value and take some pressue off the run game when RUN DMC returns. It's a win-win for fantasy, but in regards to standard 10-12 team leagues, he is simply a name to add to your watch list. No need to add at this point.

So you think he'll boost Jennings value this week?

12-man 1pt PPR redraft league, start 2 RB/2WRs with 1 RB/WR/TE Flex All TDs 6pts, 15 Man Roster

QBs - Russell Wilson, Mark Sanchez, Johnny Football
RBs - Murray, Mathews, Randle (cuff to Murray), Starks, CJ2K
WRs - Dez Bryant, Alshon Jefferies, Josh Gordon, Harry Douglas, Charles Johnson 

TE - Delanie Walker
K - Barth Connor  
Streaming D - Rams 

#14 And Won

And Won

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,642 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:07 PM

^ Depends how the other defense prepared for them, in the long haul if he starts multiple games --- yes.

Wake up.

#15 hard1

hard1

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,446 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:37 AM

NFL network acts like he could replace Pryor for good. Seems like a couple weeks ago Pryor was the next Cam with? Is this for real?

#16 owenmills

owenmills

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:59 AM

Sure why not. Pryor has looked like a**. If he goes out and plays well vs a ferocious defense I don't see why he wouldn't earn a couple more starts. At least until Pryor is 100% again. Pryor has been a much better fantasy QB than real life.

Edited by owenmills, 17 November 2013 - 12:02 PM.

#17 Huge_Ditka

Huge_Ditka

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

I just don't see it vs. Houston even if he is serviceable. It's his first real start vs. a top defense. They'll be relying on the run, I don't see a competitive team here unless Houston's D vs. the run is REALLY that bad.
12 Team PPR

QB Tony Romo
RB Giovani Bernard, Danny Woodhead, Chris Johnson
WR Andre Johnson, Wes Welker, Torrey Smith, Keenan Allen
TE Rob Gronkowski
K Garrett Hartley
D Streaming

#18 kobe24

kobe24

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,127 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:25 PM

Campbell and keenum both had great 1st starts vs kc which no one expected so you never know

#19 Savatage79

Savatage79

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:43 PM

Hopefully Houston makes minced meat out of him.!

Edited by Savatage79, 17 November 2013 - 12:43 PM.

#20 lolcopter

lolcopter

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,705 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:32 PM

slinging it out there so far