Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Brock Osweiler 2013 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 hard1

hard1

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,334 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:12 AM

Will he be needed at some point this season? And what are his long term prospects with that group of guys around him?

#2 azure85

azure85

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:20 AM

Shouldn't really be on anyone's radar right now, unless there's a serious injury to Peyton, of course. He may see some action in like week 17, but likely with a few backups throughout the offense as well.

A couple of years down the road who knows, but the Bronco's could easily just bring someone else in by the time Peyton hangs it up.

#3 hard1

hard1

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,334 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:24 AM

Given Manning's current knee and ankle ailments and the D that's going to be collapsing his pocket all night I'm not so sure he shouldn't be on radars sooner.

#4 Z06vette

Z06vette

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,260 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:26 AM

Given Manning's current knee and ankle ailments and the D that's going to be collapsing his pocket all night I'm not so sure he shouldn't be on radars sooner.

Agreed. I actually think it's very wise to be thinking about this situation.
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

"A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn’t see the clouds at all – he’s walking on them. " - Leonard Louis Levinson

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

#5 azure85

azure85

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:27 AM

Yes, he's banged up now, but Peyton will play unless he seriously cannot go.

#6 hard1

hard1

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,334 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:29 AM

I hope he can keep it up he's having a great season but I'm not sure he wouldn't be sitting out tonight if it wasn't the Chiefs.

Edited by hard1, 17 November 2013 - 10:30 AM.

#7 djbigf

djbigf

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,901 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:39 AM

oh god

10 team league: (std scoring/flex)

QB Romo, Newton
RB Lynch, Murray, Foster, Miller, Ingram, McKinnon, LGB

WR Cobb, Benjamin, VJackson, Shorts

TE Tamme, Walker
K Sturgis
D Eagles, Bills

#8 azure85

azure85

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:40 AM

Peyton is really competitive so it takes a lot for him to sit out. Even if he was playing the Jags I could still see him going out there, unless he felt he'd hurt his team's chances. It took a neck injury to sit out and that's something that's serious and I'm sure he still wanted to get out there and play through it, if it was completely up to him.

A knee and ankle injury, while a tough injury, isn't too damaging to him as he isn't really mobile, but of course the wrong hit could definitely be a problem.

#9 scienergy

scienergy

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:12 AM

If you are in a dynasty league he is very much on the radar (at least mine). Why? There are several reasons.

1) Peyton is 37 years old. Maybe not this year, maybe not next... but his time is nearly up.
2) What if Peyton wins the Super Bowl? Would he retire?
3) Any QB hand picked by Elway and learning behind two of the greatest in history has future upside.
4) Broncos have some of the best receiving talent in the league locked up for at least a few more seasons.

What's not to like outside of the fact that he's not yet the starter? He's on my dynasty bench going in to next season.

Edited by scienergy, 17 November 2013 - 11:17 AM.