238 replies to this topic

#1 Theoneupper

Theoneupper

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:18 PM

Scott Lauber of the Boston Herald reports that the Red Sox have had "serious dialogue" with Carlos Beltran.

It comes on the heels of a report from Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe, which stated that the Red Sox, Yankees and Orioles were engaged in talks with the free agent outfielder. It doesn't necessarily mean that the Red Sox are the favorites to land Beltran, but they certainly appear to be serious suitors. Beltran is looking for a three-year deal.

If he goes to Boston, hell if he plays in the AL, ill be looking to get him. Hes a good glue guy that will contribute as long as hes healthy. He will have to play the field if he goes to boston though since Ortiz will hog up the DL spot most of the time. However, having the option is better than not having it at all in the NL. What will his ADP be like? Went for 2$ last year in my 10 team auction league.

#2 brockpapersizer

brockpapersizer

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:23 PM

wasnt so long ago he was a guy to avoid because he kept getting hurt.  I wonder where he's going to be ranked this year. I think he might be overvalued after a couple healthy seasons.
-Buy high, sell low, keep em guessing.

Football 2012: Rotoworld Championship League Group A: CHAMPION!!!!!
Football 2013: Rotoworld Championship League Group A: Most Points, missed playoffs.

#3 96mnc

96mnc

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:01 AM

If he goes to a team where he's the fulltime DH sign me up.

#4 mpbaseball22

mpbaseball22

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:13 AM

@IBNincarcerated: **BREAKING MLB NEWS**Source: NY Yankees n Carlos Beltran deal very close *In Principle*(Doctors need to check him next week) if ok #DEALDONE
16 Team Dynasty with Milb rosters (40 man mlb, 35 man milb) 15 start limit, points league
McCatchin Trout
C: Posey
1B: Lind
2B: Kipnis
3B: Lamb
SS: Asdrubal
IF: Hardy
OF: McCutchen, Trout, Beltran, Harrison
U: Gattis, Walters, Moustakas
Bench: Alvarez, Ruf, Escobar, Valencia, Sizemore, Grossman, Dietrich

SP: Gio, Zimmerman, Kazmir, Cashner, Holland, Simon, Kennedy, Duffy, Morton, Hutchison, McCarthy, Miguel Gonzalez, Feldman, Wada
RP: Holland, Rosenthal, Melancon, Doolittle, Ramos, Morris, Cecil, Frieri, Giles, Andrew Bailey, Hembree

Prospects (35 man rosters):
Bundy, Dahl, Schwarber, Beede, Gillaspie, Medeiros, Raul Alcantara, Miguel A Gonzalez, Cameron Varga, Lorenzen, Lugo, Franmil Reyes, Chase Vallot, Adalberto Mejia, Lambo, Mella, Heredia, Mike Montgomery, Joan Gregorio, Wendle, Adam Brett Walker, Jefry Rodriguez, Vaugh Bryan, Palka, Kevin Franklin, Juan De Leon, Willy Adames, Cumpton, Slegers, Hockin, Max George, Hentges, DeCarr

#5 mortl

mortl

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:25 AM

wooooooooo !!! as a yankee fan I love this if its true

#6 FearTheBeard

FearTheBeard

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,333 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:45 AM

View Postmpbaseball22, on 30 November 2013 - 01:13 AM, said:

@IBNincarcerated: **BREAKING MLB NEWS**Source: NY Yankees n Carlos Beltran deal very close *In Principle*(Doctors need to check him next week) if ok #DEALDONE

While I wouldn't be surprised if Carlos Beltran goes to the Yankees, Incarcerated Bob IS NOT a legit source. He throws a ton of crap against the wall and hopes it sticks like a bunch of other Twitter yahoos. No reliable Yankee sources, insiders, beat writers are mentioning anything. His success rate on "breaking news" is quite low.

Always good to confirm someones legitimacy before you take what they Tweet as correct.

Edited by FearTheBeard, 30 November 2013 - 02:46 AM.

#7 Slatykamora

Slatykamora

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:01 AM

View Postbrockpapersizer, on 19 November 2013 - 11:23 PM, said:

wasnt so long ago he was a guy to avoid because he kept getting hurt.  I wonder where he's going to be ranked this year. I think he might be overvalued after a couple healthy seasons.

He's been good for about 500 ABs, .270 BA 20+ Homers for 3 years running now. 2009-2010 were the only 2 years since 2000 that he did not manage to get 500 ABs...

Not, that he isn't an injury risk. He is. especially at his age.

Another thing of note is his Swstr% has been up and his o-swing is highest its ever been in his last 2 seasons. His plate discipline has been telegraphing decline. 6.3% is the lowest Walk rate he has had since 1999...and that 15%  K rate is due to go up.

His power(which has been stable) is masking his OBP decline.

Edited by Slatykamora, 30 November 2013 - 04:04 AM.

#8 TheJRod2006

TheJRod2006

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,498 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:17 AM

View PostFearTheBeard, on 30 November 2013 - 02:45 AM, said:

While I wouldn't be surprised if Carlos Beltran goes to the Yankees, Incarcerated Bob IS NOT a legit source. He throws a ton of crap against the wall and hopes it sticks like a bunch of other Twitter yahoos. No reliable Yankee sources, insiders, beat writers are mentioning anything. His success rate on "breaking news" is quite low.

Always good to confirm someones legitimacy before you take what they Tweet as correct.

Yup. He's about as legitimate a source as anyone on these forums would be.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did ultimately sign with the Yankees, as they've obviously coveted him for a long time and there appears to be a mutual interest, but it's not done yet.
Do you really care who is on my team? I have Mike Trout and Arian Foster in keeper leagues in their respective sports.

Twitter: @MrJaredMoore

#9 FouLLine

FouLLine

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,673 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:56 AM

Unless Beltran is going post 12 round I think I'll take my chances elsewhere.

#10 Sine_cera

Sine_cera

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:26 PM

Buster Olney@Buster_ESPN
Other teams becoming convinced that Carlos Beltran is going to land with the Royals, on a deal of 3/$48 million.

Edited by Sine_cera, 03 December 2013 - 05:27 PM.

"There's nothing more interesting than your own rotisserie team and nothing less interesting than someone else's." - Daniel Okrent

"If you challenge the conventional wisdom, you will find ways to do things much better than they are currently done." - Bill James

#11 mpbaseball22

mpbaseball22

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:38 PM

View PostFearTheBeard, on 30 November 2013 - 02:45 AM, said:

Yup completely understandable.  Just figured id post as it is an important rumor

**BREAKING MLB NEWS** Jacoby Ellsbury is signed sealed and delivered #YANKEES pull off the shocker tonight.. Beltran played them oh well

(just from bob, haha)
16 Team Dynasty with Milb rosters (40 man mlb, 35 man milb) 15 start limit, points league
McCatchin Trout
C: Posey
1B: Lind
2B: Kipnis
3B: Lamb
SS: Asdrubal
IF: Hardy
OF: McCutchen, Trout, Beltran, Harrison
U: Gattis, Walters, Moustakas
Bench: Alvarez, Ruf, Escobar, Valencia, Sizemore, Grossman, Dietrich

SP: Gio, Zimmerman, Kazmir, Cashner, Holland, Simon, Kennedy, Duffy, Morton, Hutchison, McCarthy, Miguel Gonzalez, Feldman, Wada
RP: Holland, Rosenthal, Melancon, Doolittle, Ramos, Morris, Cecil, Frieri, Giles, Andrew Bailey, Hembree

Prospects (35 man rosters):
Bundy, Dahl, Schwarber, Beede, Gillaspie, Medeiros, Raul Alcantara, Miguel A Gonzalez, Cameron Varga, Lorenzen, Lugo, Franmil Reyes, Chase Vallot, Adalberto Mejia, Lambo, Mella, Heredia, Mike Montgomery, Joan Gregorio, Wendle, Adam Brett Walker, Jefry Rodriguez, Vaugh Bryan, Palka, Kevin Franklin, Juan De Leon, Willy Adames, Cumpton, Slegers, Hockin, Max George, Hentges, DeCarr

#12 oldwolf

oldwolf

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:10 AM

Why does KC want Beltran? With the Aoki trade and Billy boy still in town the majority of his AB's will be in RF. Plus they still have Cain, Lough & Maxwell. Unless they trade Billy can't see this signing as being good.

#13 mortl

mortl

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:58 PM

Just signed with Yankees for 3 years

#14 Sidearmer

Sidearmer

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:02 PM

View Postmortl, on 06 December 2013 - 09:58 PM, said:

Him and Soriano going to swap the DH spot a lot. Its a good spot for Beltran
"I never said most of the things I said." - Yogi Berra

#15 ballfan4141

ballfan4141

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,666 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:40 PM

View PostSidearmer, on 06 December 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

Vernon wells also.

#16 TheJRod2006

TheJRod2006

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,498 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:21 PM

View Postballfan4141, on 06 December 2013 - 10:40 PM, said:

View PostSidearmer, on 06 December 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

Vernon wells also.

A good spot for Vernon Wells in 2014 would be on another team. Since the Angels are paying him most of his salary next year, the Yankees will probably dump him for an A ball 'prospect' who will never see the bigs
Do you really care who is on my team? I have Mike Trout and Arian Foster in keeper leagues in their respective sports.

#17 bigbluecrew56

bigbluecrew56

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:43 PM

Excellent spot for Beltran. Will be batting third and playing RF on opening day. CF Jacoby Ellsbury SS Derek Jeter RF Carlos Beltran 1B Mark Teixera C Brian McCann DH Alfonso Soriano 3B Kelly Johnson 2B Omar Infante? LF Brett Gardner.

Edited by bigbluecrew56, 06 December 2013 - 11:43 PM.

#18 CalledShot

CalledShot

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:55 AM

I think people who owned Beltran in a keeper league and were on the bubble about keeping him just got their answer...I think his value might increase a bit

#19 TheJRod2006

TheJRod2006

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,498 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:01 AM

He'll probably hit 3rd (assuming they don't add someone else, but I think the Yankees are about done with their everyday lineup).....

.285 / .340 OPB / 27/ 90 seem reasonable?

#20 ballfan4141

ballfan4141

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,666 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:49 PM

avoided beltran the last two years because of age and his injuries and he did good. if I get him this year I know he wont do what he has done the last two years. however he with another old man in Soriano along with ellsbury in front of them. he could do what he did the last years and be healthier is he DHs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users