16 replies to this topic

#1 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:57 PM

I'm sure stuff has been posted on the DRose & Deng threads regarding the Bulls future but I think this team should be in sell mode ASAP. They aren't going anywhere in the Eastern Conference this year with IND and MIA. Granted the rest of the conference is very week right now but at best you're looking at a #4 seed and quick rd 2 exit - just like last season.

The team should look to move Deng for sure for some combination of young player with solid potential, cheap veteran help on short contracts, and/or draft picks. MIN apparently is set on moving Derrick Williams. Are we sure though that he's a bust or was he maybe never put in a position to succeed in MIN? If I were the Bulls, I'd offer Deng for DWilliams, JJ Barea, and either Shved or DCunningham. Who says no to this trade? It's not feasible for the Bulls to resign Deng this off-season anyway.

I'd look to move Noah as well. He's a hard worker and great, unselfish team player. Unfortunately, he will be 29 in November and his body is already showing signs of breaking down. I don't have time to look into feasible trade scenarios for him but some contending team's out there would love to have Noah, I'm sure.

Basically, the team should trade it's most moveable assets now (Deng & Noah) and tank this season. The hardcore Bull's fans are sophisticated enough to know that this is a lost season and the 2014 draft class is shaping up to be as good, if not better than the class of 2003. If you get a little luck in the lottery and end up with at to 8 pick, you most likely will land a really good young player (possibly even franchise guy).

All you can do is hope for the best for DRose and his recovery and pray that he's good to go for the start of the 14-15 season. Nikola Mirotic is tearing it up in the Euro League and looks like he will be joining the Bulls next season as well.

Looking ahead:

DRose, JButler, Mirotic, Taj, players & assets from the Deng & Noah trades, 2014 potential lottery pick, top 10 protected CHA 2014 pick, Boozer's expiring contract in 2015 - this is not a bad looking future if you ask me.

#2 bballshinobi

bballshinobi

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:12 PM

If a team offers Chicago first round picks for Deng, I think Chicago pulls that trade in a heartbeat, but nobody will offer Chicago that. Bad team won't trade their picks for a guy like Deng, and good teams either already have a good SF or are conscious of their cap and assets. Maybe Clippers will be interested, and Deng will fit that team perfectly too, but they just don't have any assets .

Chicago front office doesn't strike me as innovative or aggressive. They'll probably just stand pat, make the playoffs and take in some extra revenue, then let Deng go. No way they trade Noah, he's on a very good contract ($11 million) for the next 3 years.

#3 khasm13

khasm13

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:14 PM

top 10 protected CHA 2014 pick, Boozer's expiring contract in 2015 - this is not a bad looking future if you ask me.

the only way the bulls get that pick this year is if it's out of the lottery....
  • KaayroMAN likes this

10 Team Standard Scoring(1QB,3WR,2RB,1TE,1K,1DEF)

QB:Foles,Romo,Vick
RB:Murray,Miller,Tate,Matthews
WR:Galvatron,Allen,Baldwin,Randle
TE:Dwayne Allen
K:Bailey
DEF:Baltimore,Philly

#4 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:11 AM

top 10 protected CHA 2014 pick, Boozer's expiring contract in 2015 - this is not a bad looking future if you ask me.

the only way the bulls get that pick this year is if it's out of the lottery....

Not true actually, the pick is top 10 protected in 2014. Lottery goes to pick 14. My point was that the Bulls stand a good chance to get a top 20 pick (if CHA keeps winning) in a loaded 2014 draft.

More importantly, Bulls just lost to Utah! Sadly it's time to blow this team up and look towards the future.

#5 iowncrazyhair

iowncrazyhair

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Interests:ΛVICII ◢◤

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:15 AM

They won't go anywhere this season. Might as well tank it, trade Deng, Amnesty Boozer.

Wiggins here we come #BullsNation
This year, we all know it's been a real rough year for us right? So what I'd like everybody to do is to really just sit back and just absorb this year. Take it all in. Sit back, watch, listen, and hear all the hate that's being thrown at us and remember every person that's kicking you when you're down because next year it ain't gonna be this way.

Appreciate it now. Let it sit in now, because revenge is sweet and it's quick.

#6 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,857 posts
  • Interests:Stocks, fantasy sports and Real Estate investment....

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:17 AM

You cant amnesty a player during the season per nba CBA rules...

They won't go anywhere this season. Might as well tank it, trade Deng, Amnesty Boozer.

Wiggins here we come #BullsNation

• KaayroMAN likes this
EMBODYING & ADVOCATING FRIENDLY PHILOSOPHY SINCE 1978

#7 mjk356

mjk356

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,595 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:28 AM

Bulls fans are delusional if they think they're going to be bad enough to get a lottery pick. The East is beyond atrocious this season and Thibodeau is a top 3 coach in the league. Thibodeau alone will get even a team of scrubs to 35 wins, which will probably be good enough for a playoff seed in the East. Firing Thibodeau and hiring Del Negro would be the only hope. Even losing to the Jazz, this team isn't close enough to being bad enough to tank, especially with Thibs running the ship. Look at the East standings and find eight teams who will make the playoffs over Chicago.
  • EatPrayLove and KaayroMAN like this

#8 Mark Domingo

Mark Domingo

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:31 AM

Fantasy implications? If you own Deng / Boozer would you sell them too or stick with them? If they get traded it'll most likely be an instant value drop and it'll hurt you in the playoffs. If they don't get traded then they'll produce solid numbers all season. What would you Deng/Boozer owners do?
"Everything that kills me makes me feel alive."

#9 Mark Domingo

Mark Domingo

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:32 AM

Bulls fans are delusional if they think they're going to be bad enough to get a lottery pick. The East is beyond atrocious this season and Thibodeau is a top 3 coach in the league. Thibodeau alone will get even a team of scrubs to 35 wins, which will probably be good enough for a playoff seed in the East. Firing Thibodeau and hiring Del Negro would be the only hope. Even losing to the Jazz, this team isn't close enough to being bad enough to tank, especially with Thibs running the ship. Look at the East standings and find eight teams who will make the playoffs over Chicago.

Yes somebody gets it. It's unlikely that they'll tank given they have one of the most brilliant coaches in the league
"Everything that kills me makes me feel alive."

#10 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:47 AM

Did not mention the Thibodeau factor in my post but you're right about him getting more from less than just about any coach in the league. Regardless, if the Bulls trade Deng & Noah, then they could easily miss out on the playoffs. BKN will likely get healthy and their act together, same with NY. WAS, DET & CLE would likely pass the Deng & Noah-less Bulls as well. IND, MIA, ATL, TOR, NYK, BKN, DET, WAS with CLE, CHA, & BOS (if Rondo returns soon) as strong possibilities over a depleted CHI roster.

#11 StuPitt

StuPitt

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:30 AM

If a team offers Chicago first round picks for Deng, I think Chicago pulls that trade in a heartbeat, but nobody will offer Chicago that. Bad team won't trade their picks for a guy like Deng, and good teams either already have a good SF or are conscious of their cap and assets. Maybe Clippers will be interested, and Deng will fit that team perfectly too, but they just don't have any assets .

Chicago front office doesn't strike me as innovative or aggressive. They'll probably just stand pat, make the playoffs and take in some extra revenue, then let Deng go. No way they trade Noah, he's on a very good contract ($11 million) for the next 3 years.

First round picks? If Miami offered me a first round I would not do it. A first round pick outside the lottery is useless. This is not the NFL.

12 Team Redraft PPR League (QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, TE, FLEX, K, DEF)
QB Cam Newton, Andy Dalton
RB Alfred Morris, Ahmad Bradshaw, Pierre Thomas, Matt Asiata, Knile Davis, Jerrick McKinnon, Ryan Mathews, Ronnie Hillman
WR AJ Green, Marques Colston, Terrence Williams
TE Owen Daniels
K Matt Bryant

DEF Houston

#12 StuPitt

StuPitt

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:34 AM

Fantasy implications? If you own Deng / Boozer would you sell them too or stick with them? If they get traded it'll most likely be an instant value drop and it'll hurt you in the playoffs. If they don't get traded then they'll produce solid numbers all season. What would you Deng/Boozer owners do?

I have Boozer and am sticking with him. If he stays he will be gold and if he gets traded it aint all doom and gloom, there are teams out there that he could still contribute on. People act like he is j \unk and has no value if traded. WIth a player like Boozer I hold.

Not sure why the Bulls would want to tank this season. They still have a nice shot of making the playoffs. Really even with Rose they stood no chance against the Heat.

12 Team Redraft PPR League (QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, TE, FLEX, K, DEF)
QB Cam Newton, Andy Dalton
RB Alfred Morris, Ahmad Bradshaw, Pierre Thomas, Matt Asiata, Knile Davis, Jerrick McKinnon, Ryan Mathews, Ronnie Hillman
WR AJ Green, Marques Colston, Terrence Williams
TE Owen Daniels
K Matt Bryant

DEF Houston

#13 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:19 PM

Blow this team up already! Get a draft pick for Coach Thibs - who works his players too damn hard. The Dusty Baker of the NBA.

#14 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,857 posts
  • Interests:Stocks, fantasy sports and Real Estate investment....

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

The wheels are falling off this bulls team really quickly. It will be interesting to see how they approach the season if they are significantly under .500 by say game 50 or (right around AS break).
EMBODYING & ADVOCATING FRIENDLY PHILOSOPHY SINCE 1978

#15 iowncrazyhair

iowncrazyhair

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,794 posts
  • Interests:ΛVICII ◢◤

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:24 PM

Tough loss tonight to the Bulls (And Knicks)
This year, we all know it's been a real rough year for us right? So what I'd like everybody to do is to really just sit back and just absorb this year. Take it all in. Sit back, watch, listen, and hear all the hate that's being thrown at us and remember every person that's kicking you when you're down because next year it ain't gonna be this way.

Appreciate it now. Let it sit in now, because revenge is sweet and it's quick.

#16 tremixt

tremixt

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,189 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:46 PM

Tom Thibodeau deserves COY honors. Every time we think the Bulls are done, they completely shatter our expectations.

#17 supac720

supac720

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:50 PM

Tom Thibodeau deserves COY honors. Every time we think the Bulls are done, they completely shatter our expectations.

He really SHOULD win it. They are embarassing the Rockets tonight. Can't miss from 3 point land.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users