Thoughts?

#2 clintonj8

clintonj8

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:53 AM

A 1-1-1 guy? I don't think he even takes threes, does he? The defensive stats look pretty nice, but I just don't think he's gonna get enough minutes to be consistent. Certainly a long look for deeper leagues.

#3 Eternal

Eternal

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:54 AM

He has great per minute production. Not sure why Utah RARELY uses him. They have less big men now, so I can see Evans getting more minutes in the foreseeable future. But like the above poster said, he's not getting enough minutes to be consistent or productive.

Edited by Eternal, 26 November 2013 - 02:58 AM.

With the first pick in the 2014 NBA draft, the Cleveland Cavaliers choose Mallory Edens

#4 The Cactus Kid

The Cactus Kid

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:30 PM

Like most Jazz fans I am hoping Jeremy Evans gets the minutes to show what he can do. He's only played in four games this season due to injury but he is Yahoo 9 cat has him at 74 sorted by average stats. Obviously he won't shoot 80% and 100% for the season but he is puttin up 1.0 steals and 1.0 blocks in 17.5 minutes. Of coures the per 36 numbers are insane. If his minutes increase as they should, reguardless of their stratagy (short term they need to change something since they are the worst team in the league and long term they need to play youth) he could be a quality add. At the very least he should be on your watch list.

#5 SundayKindofLove

SundayKindofLove

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:37 PM

7th post in! The team looks a mess so a shake-up may be due. I read a brief article that stated he was a better shooter than most thought he was, but I don't know if that says much.
"He hears the crescendoing last chords of the national anthem and sees the great open horseshoe of the grandstand and that unfolding vision of the grass that always seems to mean he has stepped outside his life - the rubbed shine that sweeps and bends from the raked dirt of the infield out to the high green fences. It is the excitement of a revealed thing."

#6 orlandipo

orlandipo

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:02 AM

Jeremy Evans is definitely worth a look in the deeper leagues. I don't understand why his coach doesn't play him more minutes over guys like Richard Jefferson and Marvin Williams.

He'll give you a massive help in FG%. Checked his past seasons, he always shot greater than 60% from the field, but with very limited FGA (around 2 a game for the past 3 seasons). Shooting 78% so far this season in 6 games, with around 5-6 attempts. He's actually #1 in FG%V this season. Ibaka is a far second.

Might be worth an add, especially since Utah will be playing the most games in the next 3 weeks (4 games a week for the next 3 weeks like OKC and DET).

His value looks pretty much like Brandan Wright's. Great FG shooting, bad FT (but negligible since he shoots less than 1.5 a game), 9-10pts, 4-5reb, 1 stock and only 1 to. All this in only 20 minutes a game.
18-team 11-player $$$ Roto League

PG - Ricky Rubio, Mario Chalmers, Raymond Felton
SG - JJ Redick, Patrick Beverley
SF - Martell Webster, Tony Allen
PF - Dirk Nowitzki, James Johnson
C - Serge Ibaka, Spencer Hawes

#7 Shaqtin' A Fool

Shaqtin' A Fool

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:08 AM

I'm intrigued by Evans. If he could get more minutes, he would be a great fantasy asset
Yahoo 12-Team Roto, 9-cat

PG R. Rondo
SG N. Batum
G M. Carter-Williams
SF T. Ariza
PF A. Davis
F S. Marion
C A. Drummond
C T. Duncan
Util I. Thomas
Util R. Foye
BN K. Bryant *Injured
BN D. Caroll
BN T. Jones

#8 bloopy

bloopy

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts
  • Interests:angsty make out music

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:13 PM

I agree with all the posters above. Why isn't Jeremy Evans getting more minutes?? Why have the Jazz stashed him away for these 4 years, he's already 26 and we've barely heard of him. His per-minute numbers are off the charts. Foul rate is high too though.

Regardless, those defensive stats and FG% impact look juicy. Any Jazz fans out there to weigh in on his prospects?
13.9 pts, 5.4 rebs, 3.3 asts, 1.0 stls, 0.7 blks, 1.0 3pm, 1.9 to, 46 FG%, 78 FT%

#9 K50K

K50K

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:15 PM

He's quietly been putting up some nice numbers lately. Anyone think he can keep it up?

#10 Bugs bunny

Bugs bunny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Interests:Carrots, sleeping, teasing hunters, singing, Football, asking people "Whats up"

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:29 PM

Here's a guy to plug in at the end of your line-up for you people in leagues that use FG% percentages and you'll win that category every week. A buddy of mine has been using this trick for weeks and it seems to be working.

PPR   12 team redraft       1 IR spot   1QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, FLX, DST, K          record: 3-4

QB  Luck
RB  L.Bell, R.Matthews, L.Miller, Hyde, McKinnin, Crowell, B.Brown                                  R.Cooper, Hartline, Novak
WR  Megatron, Harvin, R.Wayne, C.Shorts, Evans, Hawkins                                 A.Robinson,SAINTS, Spiller
TE  Witten,                                                                                                               C.Newton,Blue, ASJ,Wheaton
DST  LIONS                                                                                                                              Prater
K   Parkey

Standard   12 team redraft       1QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, FLX, DST, K            record: 7-0

QB  Stafford
RB  J.Charles, Murray, J.Bell, F.Jackson, K.Davis, J.Randle                                               D.Freeman,McKinnon,Rudolph
WR  R.White, E.Sanders, T.Williams, G.Tate, M.Evens, D.Hopkins, J.Gordon                                      Cousins,S.Graham
TE    D.Allen                                                                                                                                      ASJ,N.Paul,Hillman
DST  PATRIOTS
K    Catanzaro                                                  *didn't draft

#11 SanFranz

SanFranz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

Here's a guy to plug in at the end of your line-up for you people in leagues that use FG% percentages and you'll win that category every week. A buddy of mine has been using this trick for weeks and it seems to be working.

just looked at this guy, decent strategy to use lol

12 Team, H2H 9 CAT league ($$)

PG:Damian Lillard, Darren Collison, Trey Burke
SG: Wesley Matthews,KJ McDaniels,

SF: Kahwi Leanord, Paul Pierce
PF:Demarcus Cousins, Kelly Olynyk
C:Jonas Valanciunas, Gorgui Dieng, Timofey Mozgov

#12 Queequeg

Queequeg

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:56 PM

I assume your buddy's team is strong on FG% to begin with. Evans isn't swinging that category on 4 FGAs a game.

Edited by Queequeg, 14 January 2014 - 05:56 PM.

12 team // Head-to-Head // 9-Cat

PG: John Wall, Raymond Felton, Kendall Marshall
SG: Bradley Beal, Danny Green
SF: Wilson Chandler, Jimmy Butler, Khris Middleton
PF: Serge Ibaka, Terrence Jones
C: Marcin Gortat, Robin Lopez, Markieff Morris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users