233 replies to this topic

#1 yort1919

yort1919

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:13 PM

How will King Felix do this upcoming season, being all of 27 years old when the 2014 season gets underway. Predicted numbers please...thanks.
“Baseball was, is and always will be to me the best game in the world.”- Babe Ruth

#2 LAWLOO

LAWLOO

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:06 AM

He'll have a very good season in terms of era, but probably an okay season in terms of W-L due to the fact that the Mariners have an awful offense. In my professional opinion, I'd say that he'll hover around a 3-3.5 ERA, and have a record of around 13-10.

#3 sasnumberonefan

sasnumberonefan

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:36 AM

It feels like this guy has been around forever, yet he is only 27. He's got a lot of mileage on that arm though, and I will not be drafting him like a top 3 pitcher this year. If he falls to me, sure, but I can think of about 7 other guys I'd rather have IMO
FFB 12 Team Standard 4 Keeper lose the draft pick the keeper was taken in
QB: Romo RB: Ogbonnaya, Pierre Thomas WR: Brandon Marshall, Jordy Nelson, Josh Gordon (K, 16th) TE: Jimmy Graham (K, 3rd) D/ST: New England K: Nick Folk Bench: Percy Harvin (K, FA) Justin Blackmon (K, FA) Toby Gerhart, Darren Sproles, Andre Brown, Danny Amendola

#4 FearTheBeard

FearTheBeard

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:28 AM

He'll have a very good season in terms of era, but probably an okay season in terms of W-L due to the fact that the Mariners have an awful offense. In my professional opinion, I'd say that he'll hover around a 3-3.5 ERA, and have a record of around 13-10.

:lol:
  • poopdungbeatle, clutchness, Posting In The Clutch and 5 others like this

#5 jb_power

jb_power

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:21 AM

:lol:

And we've seen a proclamation from the poster that Justin Morneau is a 2nd or 3rd rounder in 2014 and Alfonso Soriano should play 2B for the Yanks this coming season.

I'm working on gathering info on what it takes to become a certified "professional".
  • poopdungbeatle likes this

#6 mcbane

mcbane

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:43 PM

It feels like this guy has been around forever, yet he is only 27. He's got a lot of mileage on that arm though, and I will not be drafting him like a top 3 pitcher this year. If he falls to me, sure, but I can think of about 7 other guys I'd rather have IMO

However, now with the Cano signing, I think he loses more games 2-1 now instead of 2-0. Bump him up your draft board accordingly.
  • King Felix, SuperJoint and like this
12 Teams - Dynasty - No Minors
All the Categories

C Mesorock / 1B The Rzo / 2B Rendon / 3B Machado / SS Mookie
IF Joey Bats / LF C-Dick / CF Viva Puig / RF J-Up / Util Cirque Du Soler

BN Walker / Chisenhall / Pompey / Wilmer/ Correa

SP Teheran / Arrieta / Iwakuma / Collmenter / Quintana / Bradley
RP Cpt K / Feliz Navidad / K Giles Band

#7 brockpapersizer

brockpapersizer

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:58 PM

Is the back injury that plagued his 2nd half not an issue anymore?
FREE JOSH GORDON......THREAD

-Buy high, sell low, keep em guessing.

#8 Wombat

Wombat

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,264 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:10 PM

He's always drafted as a top 3 or top 5 pitcher and there's just always other guys I like ahead of him. This year is the same as ever. He's good and safe but his WHIP's are usually slightly high for a top 5 pitcher investment. It's nitpicking but thats what you do when you have so many other equivalent options.

Edited by Wombat, 30 January 2014 - 11:13 PM.

#9 CJones9

CJones9

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:41 PM

I've had him for years in my keeper league and keep planning to deal him. It's so rare that a pitcher goes through his career without an arm issue, and I just feel like he's due for something soon.
  • tucker26 likes this

#10 King Felix

King Felix

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:29 AM

Well, he's clearly my favorite player - just check the screenname! Mileage is an issue - while he's only 27, he's had a lot of work, and his delivery involves some torque before approaching the plate, so hopefully that doesn't lead to more back/oblique issues. Those being the negatives, Felix has a ton of fluidity in his delivery, even with the hitch it looks like he is not stressing his arm unduly. Also, even when dealing with lower velocity (as has been the case in patches over the last couple years, though he still can run it up in spots) the guy is just a phenomenal tactician with his pitches. He works every area of the zone, and truly is a master of his craft - as HOF inductee Greg Maddux showed, it isn't all about gunning it in at 98+. I'd rank him behind Kershaw, but if you take him as the 2nd SP off the board, no argument here (though I do like the NL guys like Strasburg who don't face a DH).

#11 mavsfan23

mavsfan23

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:45 AM

I have a feeling that the Mariners are going to be next in the line of the 2012 Marlins, 2013 Blue Jays. Spend a lot of money and put some big names on paper, but the season falls apart quickly. He'll be the Mariners version of Josh Johnson and RA Dickey. Felix is much better than either of them and I don't think his numbers will be horrible, but definitely not what we've become used to from King Felix.

With that being said, he's one of the few non-Rangers in the AL west that I root for. An easy guy to like.

13W I 207IP I 210K I 3.53ERA I 1.21WHIP
  • brad_leonard89 likes this
Baseball can't get here fast enough

#12 tucker26

tucker26

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,892 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:05 AM

Well the thing here is the King finally has some mates to believe in. So there maybe be an extra motivation for him to lead this team and step up his game.

The positive side of that is he gets his 2nd Cy Young.

The negative side of that is he presses and gets hurts or struggles.

Personally, I am thinking/hoping he goes for a career year (and all his dynasty league owners can sell high in going into 2015).
And all the greatest of the heroes
Started jumping from the books
They started wearing ones and zeros
Looking more and more like crooks
They stole the sunlight from the future
Took a sip, drank half the glass then put it back

#13 The Big Bat Theory

The Big Bat Theory

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:05 AM

I have a feeling that the Mariners are going to be next in the line of the 2012 Marlins, 2013 Blue Jays. Spend a lot of money and put some big names on paper, but the season falls apart quickly. He'll be the Mariners version of Josh Johnson and RA Dickey. Felix is much better than either of them and I don't think his numbers will be horrible, but definitely not what we've become used to from King Felix.

With that being said, he's one of the few non-Rangers in the AL west that I root for. An easy guy to like.

Big names. No big names. The Mariners always fall apart. Nothing new. But Felix keeps on delivering no matter what. I'd don't see his ERA and WHIP that high. He and Chris Sale both pitch on terrible teams. It is their bad fate karma or something. I don't care, I'll get Wins elsewhere. Just keep giving me strikes, ERA and WHIP. For those with him in leagues with QS, an extra bonus.
  • CanadianSportsJunkie likes this

#14 mavsfan23

mavsfan23

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:22 AM

Big names. No big names. The Mariners always fall apart. Nothing new. But Felix keeps on delivering no matter what. I'd don't see his ERA and WHIP that high. He and Chris Sale both pitch on terrible teams. It is their bad fate karma or something. I don't care, I'll get Wins elsewhere. Just keep giving me strikes, ERA and WHIP. For those with him in leagues with QS, an extra bonus.

He's already had a pretty similar year, and the defense behind him(besides cano) is going to be pretty pathetic. Especially if they sign Cruz and put either Hart/Cruz in the field. The alternative is Smoak at 1st with Hart DH, and that's equally crappy defenisvely. If they do sign Cruz then you've got 2 of Hart/Smoak/Cruz in the field instead of 1, and they're all bad defensively. Of course errors won't factor into his ERA, but not all bad defensive plays are errors.

I'm thinking this is the year when he finally starts to show some wear, and pitches through some lingering issues/rough starts with a 15 day DL stint thrown in there. Thus the 207IP instead of his usual 230ish IP.
Baseball can't get here fast enough

#15 brockpapersizer

brockpapersizer

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:38 PM

any news on him? Over his back injury?
FREE JOSH GORDON......THREAD

-Buy high, sell low, keep em guessing.

#16 cs3

cs3

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:48 PM

I'd rank him behind Kershaw, but if you take him as the 2nd SP off the board, no argument here (though I do like the NL guys like Strasburg who don't face a DH).

If you take him as the 2nd SP off the board, the rest of your league will love you long time.

#17 CHANCEx25

CHANCEx25

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:43 PM

Well it sounds like everyone thinks hes going to start to lose something or that his back will still be an issue. Not trying to make this about me but as someone who has him on one of his teams do you think i should try to deal him for someone not ranked as high but with a better team behind him?

#18 jspeco9

jspeco9

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:53 PM

Overrated/overdrafted. Going by ESPN (because that's where I play so I can only go by that), he's ranked 29th; that's 3rd round in 10 or 12 team leagues. Let's take King Felix's number in the past 3 seasons and compare them to a guy like James Shields (who's ranked 83):

Felix:
39-33, 3.20 ERA, 661 Ks, 1.166 WHIP, in 670 IP.
Shields:
44-31, 3.15 ERA, 644 Ks, 1.146 WHIP, in 705 IP.

I probably wouldn't waste a 3rd round pick on Felix, which is what you will likely have to pay for him.
  • VanGriiind likes this

#19 tmw204

tmw204

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:29 AM

What he said ^

Overrated/overdrafted. Going by ESPN (because that's where I play so I can only go by that), he's ranked 29th; that's 3rd round in 10 or 12 team leagues. Let's take King Felix's number in the past 3 seasons and compare them to a guy like James Shields (who's ranked 83):

Felix:
39-33, 3.20 ERA, 661 Ks, 1.166 WHIP, in 670 IP.
Shields:
44-31, 3.15 ERA, 644 Ks, 1.146 WHIP, in 705 IP.

I probably wouldn't waste a 3rd round pick on Felix, which is what you will likely have to pay for him.

#20 LyondellBasell

LyondellBasell

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,752 posts
  • Interests:Mets - Knicks

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:37 AM

i love to watch him pitch. but yea, it seems where you draft him, he's just not a consideration for me.

14 Team PPR. One Keeper. All TDs worth six.

QB/ Wilson
RB/ Jamaal
WR/ Edelman
FX/ Wright
FX/ Bradshaw
FX/ McKinnon
TE/ Kelce
DST/ Titans
K/ Parkey
Bn/ Hill, Hunter, Shorts, P Thomas, LaFell

Championships: 4 Baseball, 1 Football, 1 Basketball

0 user(s) are reading this topic