6 replies to this topic

#1 malta69

malta69

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,599 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:11 PM

Ive been on this site a long time, and cant remember a season with so many so many owners in a panic mode in regards to weather and difficult matchups come FF playoff time.  I know its been beaten into death by now by most FF touts and RW posters, but seriously fellas...RELAX!  By this time of year, it really isnt difficult to determine which players on your rosters are matchup - proof and which ones arent.  While it certainly makes sense this time of year to play matchups with some borderline and potentially injured starters, dont single handily ruin everything you worked for by sitting Vernon Davis for Brent Celek or Gore for Fozzy Whitaker just because the Niners host the Seahawks!  If you have reasonable alternatives in line to sit for these guys (and IMO, this would only be a top 25 RB/WR or top 12 TE).  Ive been playing this game for 19 years and have seen literally hundreds of savvy owners fall into this trap, including myself.  If you find yourself in one of these difficult situations, just try and throw a little common sense and a broadened concept of a guys floor and ceiling into the discussion.

Now onto the weather.  Same thoughts apply.  Some of the more fantasy friendly games of all time have been played in rain, slush and snowy conditions.  Its the wind and driving rain/snow that will more often then not negate any potential for scoring success.

Again not saying anything most of you guys dont know.  But just thought this may be a helpful little reminder for some of the novice or newer owners beating themselves up on the eve of the first FF playoff Sunday
Bases...
2008 Extra Base Hit Dynasty League Champion - The Inaugural Season

Foots...
'06, '07, '08 & '09 Boozers & Losers League Champ

#2 pdog109

pdog109

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:17 PM

My players are fine, its the defenses that are ruining me because if you pick the wrong one it can easily be a 10 or 20 point swing and that matters.
I hate fantasy defenses and kickers, why do you exist.

#3 HTXMade

HTXMade

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

View Postpdog109, on 07 December 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

My players are fine, its the defenses that are ruining me because if you pick the wrong one it can easily be a 10 or 20 point swing and that matters.
Yea overthinking costed me a championship last year because the defense I dropped scored more pts than the defense I added

#4 pdog109

pdog109

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:10 PM

View PostHTXMade, on 07 December 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

Yea overthinking costed me a championship last year because the defense I dropped scored more pts than the defense I added

You can't overthink but you have to think!
I know i'm screwed either day but i have 3 defense to choose from and can't nail one down even though there all good starts i keep vascillating between them its driving me crazy

#5 newyork2la

newyork2la

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:35 PM

View Postpdog109, on 07 December 2013 - 10:10 PM, said:

View PostHTXMade, on 07 December 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

You can't overthink but you have to think!
I know i'm screwed either day but i have 3 defense to choose from and can't nail one down even though there all good starts i keep vascillating between them its driving me crazy
Picking a DEF is the worst. I've picked wrong all year it seems. Had Cleveland lined up for last week a month in advance thinking I was a genius only for them to get me negative points. The only good thing that came out of it is I didn't play Houston this week against the same JAX team.

#6 FantasyFiend

FantasyFiend

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:46 AM

Steve Smith or Andre Holmes...feeling like gambling God help me :blink:

#7 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:53 AM

It could just be bad fortune for me but this year has given me many more toss up decisions than ever, which is the leading cause of my over thinking.

Like today I have 3 options at WR that will get 3 different answers from 3 different well-informed people with 3 different arguments . . . and I've thought them through so thoroughly that I don't even remember what my "gut instinct" is. Was.

So . . . that is making me scrutinize every factor.
QB: Ryan Leaf
RB: Lawrence Phillips
RB: Ki-Jana Carter
WR: Charles Rogers
WR: Desmond Howard
TE: David LaFleur
W/R: David Wilson
K: Ray Finkle(Einhorn)
D: Minnie

BN: Andre Ware/Jared Cook/Tony Mandarich/Curtis Enis/Travis Henry/Brian Bosworth/CJ Spiller/Trent Richardson

facebook.com/WhyYouBeasting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users