Jump to content

Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Washington Redskins 2014 Offseason threadCan anyone put up with Snyder


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

    All-Time Great

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,357 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago #thechi
  • Interests:Stocks, fantasy sports and Real Estate investment....

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:25 PM

My what a difference a year makes. I'd make the argument that the brutal season was karma on how they handled RG3 last season when he was CLEARLY hobbled. Last year this time things looked bright and rosy for the Skins in the nations capitol. A year later another coach is on the way and probably many additional roster changes.  If you are a skins ran there are clearly some great young pieces to build around including RG3, Garcon, Reed, Morris. However, there are also some very dire needs.

The defense was amongst the worst in the league. Actually, It seems the entire NFC forgot that defense is a part of modern football. In any event since I have created this thread on the Skins now is the time to Bash the skins defense and not anyone elses. Tragically (if you are a skins fan), the Skins were tied for 30 in most points scored by opposing offenses giving up a flabbergasting 478 points. The team they were tied with was no other than the Chicago Bears. When your defense in 2013 was mentioned along side the Chicago Bears you are in big trouble and should seek immediate drastic changes and remedies. The pass defense was a little worse than the run defense but both need to be addressed. Besides Orakpo, Riley and Hall im not sure anyone should be kept on that defense. Yuck....

In addition to the Defense, the redskins need WR help in bad way. Its almost surreal that Garcon posted those numbers with this brutal WR corp. that included the likes of Aldrick Robinson, a washed up Santana Moss and other minimal talents like Leonard Hankerson and Josh Morgan. Garcon should personally request help ASAP..........
EMBODYING & ADVOCATING FRIENDLY PHILOSOPHY SINCE 1978

#2 Gains

Gains

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:59 PM

Boy if I am the Giants/Boys/Eagles I am thrilled to be in the only 3 team division in the entire NFL.

no 1st rounder

somewhere the rams are running out of ice packs soothe the ribs they hurt from laughing so hard.

#3 mbroo5880i

mbroo5880i

    '07 It's Madness Champ

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:01 PM

I can't help but think of the year Garcon might have had if Indy had been able to afford to resign him a few years ago.

#4 LeeVanCleef

LeeVanCleef

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:21 AM

Do you think if they bring in Briles as their HC, that it will help RG3 in any way?  From my personal experience, several years ago I was in a work environment that was plagued by a single employee who I (as well as others) absolutely hated and literally made me dread coming to work.  This person was affecting my life in and out of work.  It was awful.  Long story short this person ended up getting fired and it made a world of a difference.  I mean work still sucked haha but it sucked a whole lot less with them gone.

Obviously, being a NFL QB is completely different than being a desk jockey but I have to imagine that it should help in some way but it's crazy to read that people think RG3 isn't even a good QB.  Is it really because teams have figured out how to defend the pistol offense that all of a sudden RG3 is considered a bust?  I'm a Jets fan but I'm a football fan as well and it was honestly a lot of fun watching this Redskins team last season.  And as a Jets fan, I know what it's like to be up 1 minute and down the next.  Hopefully both of our organizations can pull it together this off-season.

Edited by LeeVanCleef, 31 December 2013 - 02:23 AM.

12 Team - Yahoo Dynasty League

QB: RG3
WR: B. Marshall, Roddy White, Keenan Allen, Marvin Jones, Da'Rick Rogers, Andre Holmes
RB: Joique Bell, Rashad Jennings, Marcel Reece, Jordan Todman, Knile Davis, Christine Michael, Khiry Robinson
TE: Gronk, Julius Thomas
DEF: STREAM
IR: Dwayne Allen
IR: Arian Foster

#5 Gains

Gains

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:31 AM

JETS have not only a better record now, but also stability in coaching and front office (at least now with idzik instead of tannebum),a 1st round pick, and clearly defined strengths and weakness (ie. fix secondary and get WRs, maybe some online if the situation works out)

the Skins have no 1st pick, are pretty unstable atm and Synder is no Idziek. and instead of strengths being entire parts of a team like the jets (run D, pass rush, run game)  the skins stregth is limited to just a few players Garcon and his chronic foot, RGIII, rb.......so there plan of attack is no where near as clear as the jets.

#6 Shinobi88

Shinobi88

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:36 AM

You build your team around the draft.  Every year it allows you to bring in a group of bigger, stronger, and faster players.  The Redskins traded away all their high draft picks to get RG III.  They're gonna stay the same in the offseason while all the other teams get better.  Next year they'll be the equivalent of a college team playing NFL teams

#7 LeeVanCleef

LeeVanCleef

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

View PostGains, on 31 December 2013 - 02:31 AM, said:

JETS have not only a better record now, but also stability in coaching and front office (at least now with idzik instead of tannebum),a 1st round pick, and clearly defined strengths and weakness (ie. fix secondary and get WRs, maybe some online if the situation works out)

the Skins have no 1st pick, are pretty unstable atm and Synder is no Idziek. and instead of strengths being entire parts of a team like the jets (run D, pass rush, run game)  the skins stregth is limited to just a few players Garcon and his chronic foot, RGIII, rb.......so there plan of attack is no where near as clear as the jets.

Sure, the Jets situation may look a lot better but unfortunately our track record hasn't been the best in terms of meeting expectations.  They usually do the opposite.  I try not to be pessimistic with my team, it's just my heart has been broken too many times.  I was just pointing out that I'm familiar with the highs and lows of a team.  The Jets have back-to-back AFC championship appearances and in the next 2 years they're the laughing stock of the NFL and being declared the worst team in the NFL.  But the ship can get back on course.  Yeah, not having a #1 may hurt but this draft is stacked with talent.  Gems can be found outside of Rd. 1.
12 Team - Yahoo Dynasty League

QB: RG3
WR: B. Marshall, Roddy White, Keenan Allen, Marvin Jones, Da'Rick Rogers, Andre Holmes
RB: Joique Bell, Rashad Jennings, Marcel Reece, Jordan Todman, Knile Davis, Christine Michael, Khiry Robinson
TE: Gronk, Julius Thomas
DEF: STREAM
IR: Dwayne Allen
IR: Arian Foster

#8 CL3VELANDBR0WNS

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,377 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:26 PM

So the Skins are lucky to have the 36th pick, I think they could get a good OG/OT , maybe Cyril Richardson, Zack Martin, Antonio Richardson.
Whoever is in there really has to do their Homework on 3rd/4th/5th/6th/7th round picks. There are plenty of good guards/tackles in this draft.
I also think they need a WR2, like DeVante Parker/Brandon Coleman. Somebody who is not just a deep threat like Robinson,Morgan,Hank.
I am back!

#9 Shinobi88

Shinobi88

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:42 PM

View PostCL3VELANDBR0WNS, on 31 December 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

So the Skins are lucky to have the 36th pick, I think they could get a good OG/OT , maybe Cyril Richardson, Zack Martin, Antonio Richardson.
Whoever is in there really has to do their Homework on 3rd/4th/5th/6th/7th round picks. There are plenty of good guards/tackles in this draft.
I also think they need a WR2, like DeVante Parker/Brandon Coleman. Somebody who is not just a deep threat like Robinson,Morgan,Hank.

I coached DeVante Parker in high school.  And I played on the same high school team as Brent Celek.  The NFL is becoming the "Six Degrees of Shinobi100"

#10 Gains

Gains

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

View PostLeeVanCleef, on 31 December 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

View PostGains, on 31 December 2013 - 02:31 AM, said:

JETS have not only a better record now, but also stability in coaching and front office (at least now with idzik instead of tannebum),a 1st round pick, and clearly defined strengths and weakness (ie. fix secondary and get WRs, maybe some online if the situation works out)

the Skins have no 1st pick, are pretty unstable atm and Synder is no Idziek. and instead of strengths being entire parts of a team like the jets (run D, pass rush, run game)  the skins stregth is limited to just a few players Garcon and his chronic foot, RGIII, rb.......so there plan of attack is no where near as clear as the jets.

Sure, the Jets situation may look a lot better but unfortunately our track record hasn't been the best in terms of meeting expectations.  They usually do the opposite.  I try not to be pessimistic with my team, it's just my heart has been broken too many times.  I was just pointing out that I'm familiar with the highs and lows of a team.  The Jets have back-to-back AFC championship appearances and in the next 2 years they're the laughing stock of the NFL and being declared the worst team in the NFL.  But the ship can get back on course.  Yeah, not having a #1 may hurt but this draft is stacked with talent.  Gems can be found outside of Rd. 1.

take a look at the JETS record for the last 5 years....................now look at the Skins.
Feel better?

JETS biggest problem is they are in new york and like to run there mouth so the media can just get off on screwing him them. If the JETS were in a small market no one would care.

#11 mbroo5880i

mbroo5880i

    '07 It's Madness Champ

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:32 PM

Unfortunately, the Redskins appear to have two problems that will affect their ability to attract a quality coach.  One, their owner.  7 coaches in 15 years, including Schottenheimer, Gibbs and Shannahan who have some respect in the coaching ranks.  That says it all.  All thought they would have more control in the decision-making.  All ended up hitting the road.  Two, RGIII's dad.  I suspect most coaches are egocentric enough to think they can deal with it, but the dude seems to get into his son's head. He is a factor to not be underestimated.  Snyder or RGIII need to man up and tell him to butt out.

#12 Sine_cera

Sine_cera

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,659 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:35 AM

Quote

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
Redskins have hired Jay Gruden as their HC. Done deal.


Quote

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
Redskins TE coach Sean McVay is expected to become Washington's OC, per league sources, Raheem Morris the likely defensive coordinator.

"There's nothing more interesting than your own rotisserie team and nothing less interesting than someone else's." - Daniel Okrent

"If you challenge the conventional wisdom, you will find ways to do things much better than they are currently done." - Bill James




.

#13 Gains

Gains

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:23 PM

meh on the gruden hire. He is not going to have a lot weapon in the skins then he did on the bengals.

although an offensive minded coach can be good for fantasy.

His play calling against the chargers was horrific.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users