71 replies to this topic

#1 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:52 PM

Talk about the off season,draft, future in 2014 of the Jacksonville Jaguars. (a.k.a G.O.A.Tuars).

Just read a 7 round mock by matt miller on bleacher report. it was the single most non nonsensical piece of garbage that has ever assaulted my eyes.

He says the jags go
1. Blake Bortles QB (so right of the bat you can tell miller is fries short of happy meal)
2. Tre Mason RB (yeah.............so of all the needs on the team...................this is his idea....like I said
before, few fries short)
3.Jackson Jeffcoat DE
4.Brandon Coleman WR (yep......that whole O-line or Run D thing......forget it)
4. (From Ravens)- Timmy Jernigan DT (better late then never)
5.Chris Burnette OG - (worse oline in league....................waits til 5th round to adress situaiton)
5.(From Detriot) Keith McGill CB
6. Gabe Ikard C (Late enough?)
7. Colt Lyerla TE

#2 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,048 posts
  • Interests:Stocks, fantasy sports and Real Estate investment....

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:54 PM

Isnt tim tebow headed there?
EMBODYING & ADVOCATING FRIENDLY PHILOSOPHY SINCE 1978

#3 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:59 PM

srs conversation please.

#4 mbroo5880i

mbroo5880i

'07 It's Madness Champ

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:59 PM

Yeah, he just signed with ESPN to do SEC games. Oh wait, the Jags are a mid-major.

#5 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,048 posts
  • Interests:Stocks, fantasy sports and Real Estate investment....

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:31 PM

Well played sir..Well played..........

Yeah, he just signed with ESPN to do SEC games. Oh wait, the Jags are a mid-major.

EMBODYING & ADVOCATING FRIENDLY PHILOSOPHY SINCE 1978

#6 RMJ_12

RMJ_12

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:33 AM

the might actually take Bortles though

#7 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:41 AM

not super aware but not thrilled with the idea. RB in 2nd round make no sense when todman has done good. Todman or MJD plus new RT > mason behind crap o-line..................plus that RT/OG would help Bortles/Manziel/Other stay clean.

not a fan or reaching for a QB. 3rd rounders Wilson/Glennon outperformed 1st rounders RG&Tanehill/Geno&EJ. Paying a 1st rounder for a guy doesn't make him play better.

#8 RMJ_12

RMJ_12

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:49 AM

not super aware but not thrilled with the idea. RB in 2nd round make no sense when todman has done good. Todman or MJD plus new RT > mason behind crap o-line..................plus that RT/OG would help Bortles/Manziel/Other stay clean.

not a fan or reaching for a QB. 3rd rounders Wilson/Glennon outperformed 1st rounders RG&Tanehill/Geno&EJ. Paying a 1st rounder for a guy doesn't make him play better.

no RB in the 2nd shouldn't and probably wont happen. i keep hearing Bortles' stock keep rising and some teams like him more than Bridgewater

#9 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:00 AM

no RB in the 2nd shouldn't and probably wont happen. i keep hearing Bortles' stock keep rising and some teams like him more than Bridgewater

Mason was obviously the stupidest choice, drafting Coleman at WR before a a DT or OG was pretty idiotic also though.

I always worry about teddy not facing good competition and being light........not a good combo of taking a high number of sacks and playing hurried/hit/etc like will almost certainly happen next year.

I would like to get Matthew somehow, 3rd overall not really conducive to getting him unless we trade back a bit. In general I would rather have 2 mid late 1st round picks then one super early one. I would rather have matthews and drequeze denard then clowney.

#10 2ndCitySox

2ndCitySox

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,544 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:30 PM

Is there still talk of the Jags leaving Jacksonville? I heard a lot of it last offseason, but not much since. I think once the Jaguars abandon the teal uniforms, they will become immediately more valuable.
All-Icon Team:
C- Carlton Fisk
1B- Frank Thomas
2B- Ryne Sandberg
SS- Ozzie Smith
3B- Wade Boggs
CF- Rickey
LF- Kirk Gibson
RF- Chili Davis
DH- Eddie Murray

SP- Nolan Ryan
SP- Orel Herschiser
SP- Greg Maddux
SP- Roger Clemens
SP- BlackJack McDowell

RP- Eck

#11 RMJ_12

RMJ_12

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:40 PM

Is there still talk of the Jags leaving Jacksonville? I heard a lot of it last offseason, but not much since. I think once the Jaguars abandon the teal uniforms, they will become immediately more valuable.

they wear black uniforms

#12 stormb28

stormb28

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:54 PM

Colt Lyerla? The TE from Oregon that sells nose candy? I'd be shocked if any team drafted him, UDFA maybe.

That draft board makes no sense whatsoever and its funny to me how these mocks pick up so much steam, imo, if youre not Mike Mayock or Gil Brandt, I don't value your opinion very much, if at all.

On to the Jags, I'm not a fan, but I'm a football junkie and watch as much as possible. Joeckel is a nice building block on the oline. Cyprien and Gratz are good pieces in the secondary.

I'd be looking to fortify oline, wr, and dline, in that order.

I think Clowney makes the most sense for them, but he has bust written all over him.
14 Team PPR, 6 pt TDs for all. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX (RB-WR-TE), 1 D/ST

QB: Roethlisberger
RB: McCoy, Mathews, MJD, Dunbar, J. Hill
WR: Cruz, T. Smith, M. Wallace, E. Decker, M. Floyd, M. Williams
TE: Rudolph, Kelce
D/ST: Bears

#13 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:31 AM

So he makes the most sense but has bust written on him??? :blink:

Jags need are Qb, Oline,Dline.........Blackmon/Shorts are good Wr duo............I don't blame people for not appreciating them since the qb and oline play makes that too hard

#14 stormb28

stormb28

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:13 AM

Yes, Clowney does but comes with enormous risk. Blackmon, while talented is a bird brain and can you depend on him? Right now, no. Shorts, while a nice player, is not a lead wr, when Blackmon went down Shorts was barely able to get open, hold for meaningless garbage time yards/receptions.

The Jags have a ton of holes and any pick would satisfy then.
14 Team PPR, 6 pt TDs for all. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX (RB-WR-TE), 1 D/ST

QB: Roethlisberger
RB: McCoy, Mathews, MJD, Dunbar, J. Hill
WR: Cruz, T. Smith, M. Wallace, E. Decker, M. Floyd, M. Williams
TE: Rudolph, Kelce
D/ST: Bears

#15 keep it ONE hunnid

keep it ONE hunnid

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:49 AM

Jaguars expected to release or trade Gabbert
Posted Image

The Florida Times Union expects the Jaguars to either release or trade Blaine Gabbert.

LOL @ That.

Trade? Good luck. Release him? More like it.

#16 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:07 PM

trade for a 7th round pick

#17 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:22 PM

coaching the senior bowl helps.

as a MJD fan I hope we let him walk. Rebuilding is not a place him.

I will admit I am wrong if Bortles is legit but for now I LOATHE mocks that have the jags draft him. His scouting report reads like Gabberts with his name and the college spelled differently.

hopefully the jags schedule is easier this year. Played the NFC West and AFC West ...to best divisions last year no question.

Draft should likely be QB followed by nothing but Oline and DE or DT,

#18 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:29 PM

Well that was an interesting off season. Lots of it defensive though. Fantasy prospects still limited.

Thoughts on where things stand?

Current QB Chad "sippin dat". Henne

#19 TheToeStompers

TheToeStompers

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:18 PM

This team has been mismanaged into the basement of the league, and their prospects are limited at the moment, there's no fantasy stars on this team, but there might be a useful piece or two. They have 11 picks in this draft and made some decent common sense moves so far this off season, so they're getting younger and if they do things right they could surprise a lot of people in the next couple years.
  • mmrodri likes this

10 team standard
Kaepernick  Romo
Lynch Morris Joique Hillman Anderson
Dez  Sanders Benjamin Gordon
Gronk Olsen
Kendricks  Mosley  Levy Lemur
R Jones  Burnett
Griffen

Gostkowski

#20 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:52 AM

This team has been mismanaged into the basement of the league, and their prospects are limited at the moment, there's no fantasy stars on this team, but there might be a useful piece or two. They have 11 picks in this draft and made some decent common sense moves so far this off season, so they're getting younger and if they do things right they could surprise a lot of people in the next couple years.

Agree with mismanaged.
Disagree with no fantasy relevance.Blackmon and mjd were start able last year. Sanders had a few ok wr3 weeks.shorts wasn't as good as many hoped.

Younger? Clemons is 34 beadles is neither young or old. Red is what 30? 31 again neither young or old. Retained babin who is old. Gerhart is 27 which is neither old or young, but rbs age fast and in odd ways.

Think that ziggy guy might be near gerharts age

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users