Gains

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:26 PM

Thoughts?

Still the unholy 4-some of RBs?
Will they finally take J-stew out behind the barn and put him out of his/our misery?
D-will 31?
Cam and Tolbert stealing TDs? touches for Tolbert?

WRs
Smitty 35, how long can he fight father time and be effective
Drafted/FA guy- Seems like the top or 2nd priority for the Panthers (0-line also important)
How good of WR core can Cam support? Never had much of core. Big arm, so far acceptable but nothing amazing pass wise.

Qb
Cam's price- anyone drafting? looking forward to more weapons?

D/ST
Great this year and very young. Just sign Hardy and the same group is back with added chemistry.

#2 CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:31 PM

I expect them to target Nicks in free agency

Coming off a terrible season I doubt he sees big money elsewhere and he's not expected to return to the Giants with Cruz/Randle locked up and Jernigan's late season emergence.

I'll target Cam in some pro leagues if he drops far enough ... I love rushing QBs in 4 point passing leagues. Other than him I probably wont own any Panthers

#3 Nguvocity

Nguvocity

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:43 PM

Lets just hope they don't go draft some more freaking d-line.  But I hope they draft Allen Robinson!!  Or even Marquise Lee if still available! Then they can get a franchise RB since none will be taken until mid to late 2nd round.
12man Non-PPR
QB:Drew Brees
WR: Josh Gordon, Vincent Jackson, James Jones, Percy Harvin, Michael Crabtree
RB: Marshawn Lynch, Zac Stacy,Ryan Mathews, Giovani Bernard, Andre Ellington
TE: Jordan Reed,John Carlson
FLEX: (RB/WR/TE)
K: Ryan Succop
DEF: SF(streaming)
D: Sean Lee (Streaming)

#4 Gains

Gains

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:08 AM

View PostCyberneticGhostOfXMasPast, on 05 January 2014 - 11:31 PM, said:

Coming off a terrible season I doubt he sees big money elsewhere and he's not expected to return to the Giants with Cruz/Randle locked up and Jernigan's late season emergence.

I'll target Cam in some pro leagues if he drops far enough ... I love rushing QBs in 4 point passing leagues. Other than him I probably wont own any Panthers

I don't know, the panthers really need to target a good WR. Smitty is old and small.........no one else is any good for more then some hail marries.

if the panthers want to waste a bunch of money and lose games they could just spend the money to fans and politely hand the ball to the other team. Seem like less trouble then nicks.

Edited by Gains, 06 January 2014 - 12:10 AM.

#5 TacoCorp

TacoCorp

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:51 AM

View PostCyberneticGhostOfXMasPast, on 05 January 2014 - 11:31 PM, said:

I second that. Nicks would do well in Carolina, but I hear that Newtons rookie contract is wrapping up, Hardy contract is up, and they only have 11 million or so in cap space.

#6 Gains

Gains

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:56 AM

As a panthers fan I will rage if we sign nicks. We need someone young and not injury prone to grow with cam........not some guy that will demand drastically more then he is worth and miss team with X injury.

His effort for the giants this season was horrendous.

#7 Shyne1

Shyne1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

Man if they work on the offensive side of the ball in the draft and free agency this team could be even better. And maybe add another corner

#8 Icopppock

Icopppock

Single-A

• Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Reading, Cats, Plants

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:09 PM

View PostGains, on 06 January 2014 - 02:56 AM, said:

As a panthers fan I will rage if we sign nicks. We need someone young and not injury prone to grow with cam........not some guy that will demand drastically more then he is worth and miss team with X injury.

His effort for the giants this season was horrendous.
Ideally they would sign Nicks to a one year prove it type deal and draft a wideout round one or two. Just opinion work but the draft is incredibly deep for wideouts this year. Plus Nicks was a great wideout like two years ago and isn't that old maybe he just needs reinvigoration?

#9 Backdoor Slider

Backdoor Slider

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:21 PM

Some great depth at WR in this year's draft. Think they can find some great value at the back end of the 1st. Assuming Watkins, Lee, Evans all gone, still likely to have a shot at Robinson (PSU) or Benjamin (FSU), among others. A good draft to need WR.
**Poster Formerly Known as 2Balls

Keep up to 7 (Lose round per keeper):

Votto
JFernandez
Bryce
Kipnis
CGomez
Beltre
Bogaerts

#10 HustleHard

HustleHard

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:25 PM

All I know is that their off season starts this weekend. lol
10 team H2H

QB-RGIII
RB-JC
RB- Lynch
WR-D. Thomas
WR-J.  Nelson
WR-Hilton
TE- J. Thomas
K-  Crosby
Def- KC

Bench- C. Shorts, Le'veon Bell, Boykin, K.Wright, T. Wright, Denver D

#11 Gains

Gains

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:08 PM

View PostHustleHard, on 07 January 2014 - 04:25 PM, said:

They won in candlestick park last time (although that was sans crabtree)

also...........avi is the chiefs, but talks like a 9ers fan. Strong loyalty bro.

#12 HustleHard

HustleHard

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:26 PM

View PostGains, on 07 January 2014 - 07:08 PM, said:

View PostHustleHard, on 07 January 2014 - 04:25 PM, said:

They won in candlestick park last time (although that was sans crabtree)

also...........avi is the chiefs, but talks like a 9ers fan. Strong loyalty bro.

I'm a Chiefs fan but watch all games.

Everybody talks about Smith being a "game manager" but Cam Newton is the ULTIMATE  game manager.  Chump throws for like 150-180 yards per game. That's Not going to get it done in the playoffs.

And.. yes they were without Crab but wasn't it also the game V. Davis got knocked out with a concussion early?

Doesn't matter. I expect the Niners to send a message this week.
10 team H2H

QB-RGIII
RB-JC
RB- Lynch
WR-D. Thomas
WR-J.  Nelson
WR-Hilton
TE- J. Thomas
K-  Crosby
Def- KC

#13 mbroo5880i

mbroo5880i

'07 It's Madness Champ

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:32 PM

I think the difference between Cam and Smith is that Cam is more capable of winning a game for you than Smith.  Neither have talented receivers.  Steve Smith is getting older, is small and not able to gain separation like he used to.  Dewayne Bowe is not as good as he thinks.  

I agree that a top WR would be great for the Panthers.  Someone mentioned Decker.  I think he would be a good fit.  I thought he was an emerging receiver before Peyton so he might be a solid player who is available through free agency.  

#14 HustleHard

HustleHard

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:40 PM

View Postmbroo5880i, on 07 January 2014 - 10:32 PM, said:

I think the difference between Cam and Smith is that Cam is more capable of winning a game for you than Smith.  Neither have talented receivers.  Steve Smith is getting older, is small and not able to gain separation like he used to.  Dewayne Bowe is not as good as he thinks.  

I agree that a top WR would be great for the Panthers.  Someone mentioned Decker.  I think he would be a good fit.  I thought he was an emerging receiver before Peyton so he might be a solid player who is available through free agency.  

Bowe is the most over paid, over hyped WR in the history of the NFL. He's a chump too.

Surprised he put up the #'s  he did last week.

As far Cam being able to win a game over Smith. Did you see Smith Ball the F**K out last Saturday?

The Colts didn't win that game. The Chiefs D gave it away.  Reid should have made that whole D unit walk home.

I'm sorry but until cam has 1 300 yard / multiple TD game Smith > Cam.

Smith proved he can rack up points when the D is crap. Cam hasn't yet and the times the Panthers D has folded and teams got big leads on them Cam was totally ineffective.  If it wasn't for the Carolina D ..everybody would be talking about how Cam needs to step his game up BIG time.
10 team H2H

QB-RGIII
RB-JC
RB- Lynch
WR-D. Thomas
WR-J.  Nelson
WR-Hilton
TE- J. Thomas
K-  Crosby
Def- KC

#15 Gains

Gains

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

^ Cheifs lost 3 pro-bowlers 1 being the 2nd best player in the entire league this year and had a less then 100% hali, lost a starting wr, and where down to there 3rd string rb.

All they really needed to do was run the ball and kill the clock. ..........which is something they normally did to close out games before. Obviously JC would have help with that but the play calling was BAAAAD.

smith is the last person on the team to blame of the cheifs failure. He put of a ton of points.

#16 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:51 PM

soo this guy is just bashing the chiefs and has a chiefs avi lol anyway whoevers counting out the second best d in the league with a more mature cam and better run game on offense is out of their minds at this point in time.. niners could barely put up 9 points on them last time, the panthers d is no joke and elite d's usually go rather far in the playoffs.. Kaepernick will have a spy on him all game if their smart and theyll make him beat them with his arm which hasn't shown to be the most consistent throughout the year.. His biggest target and go to receiver Vernon will receive the Keuchly or Davis treatment which doesn't bode well for vernon but he's good enough to still have a good game... going to be a good one

Edited by NyMetsfan5, 08 January 2014 - 01:52 PM.

[size=5]Die hard Ny Giants fan and Ny Knicks fan [/size]

"What do we need anybody for? We have Victor Cruz.”
-Coach Tom Coughlin

NFL Favorite Players; Victor Cruz and Cj Spiller
NBA favorite players: Carmelo Anthony(of course) and Damian Lillard (better than Kyrie when its all said and done), Giannis Antetokounmpo aka the Greek Freak

President of Matt Harvey Fan club(get well soon) and now an official MANBEARPUIG member   Tee shirts coming soon

#RealDealWheeler

#17 HustleHard

HustleHard

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:46 PM

View PostNyMetsfan5, on 08 January 2014 - 01:51 PM, said:

soo this guy is just bashing the chiefs and has a chiefs avi lol anyway whoevers counting out the second best d in the league with a more mature cam and better run game on offense is out of their minds at this point in time.. niners could barely put up 9 points on them last time, the panthers d is no joke and elite d's usually go rather far in the playoffs.. Kaepernick will have a spy on him all game if their smart and theyll make him beat them with his arm which hasn't shown to be the most consistent throughout the year.. His biggest target and go to receiver Vernon will receive the Keuchly or Davis treatment which doesn't bode well for vernon but he's good enough to still have a good game... going to be a good one

How did I bash the Chiefs?  haha

I said Bowe is the most over rated, over hyped WR in the game. How is that bashing the Chiefs?

Can you tell me he's worth the 12+ million per year he gets?  Which is the second highest WR contract in football.
Its amazing that for people who think they know so much they lack basic skills such as reading comprehension.

So again ..How did I bash the Chiefs?
10 team H2H

QB-RGIII
RB-JC
RB- Lynch
WR-D. Thomas
WR-J.  Nelson
WR-Hilton
TE- J. Thomas
K-  Crosby
Def- KC

#18 Backdoor Slider

Backdoor Slider

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:55 PM

^^I don't know...maybe make a Chiefs thread and talk about it?
**Poster Formerly Known as 2Balls

Keep up to 7 (Lose round per keeper):

Votto
JFernandez
Bryce
Kipnis
CGomez
Beltre
Bogaerts

#19 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:53 AM

View PostHustleHard, on 08 January 2014 - 07:46 PM, said:

I said Bowe is the most over rated, over hyped WR in the game. How is that bashing the Chiefs?

Can you tell me he's worth the 12+ million per year he gets?  Which is the second highest WR contract in football.
Its amazing that for people who think they know so much they lack basic skills such as reading comprehension.

speaking of reading comphrehension this is the panthers season outlook no? Chiefs are that a way
[size=5]Die hard Ny Giants fan and Ny Knicks fan [/size]

"What do we need anybody for? We have Victor Cruz.”
-Coach Tom Coughlin

NFL Favorite Players; Victor Cruz and Cj Spiller
NBA favorite players: Carmelo Anthony(of course) and Damian Lillard (better than Kyrie when its all said and done), Giannis Antetokounmpo aka the Greek Freak

President of Matt Harvey Fan club(get well soon) and now an official MANBEARPUIG member   Tee shirts coming soon

#RealDealWheeler

#20 HustleHard

HustleHard

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:55 AM

View PostNyMetsfan5, on 09 January 2014 - 05:53 AM, said:

View PostHustleHard, on 08 January 2014 - 07:46 PM, said:

speaking of reading comphrehension this is the panthers season outlook no? Chiefs are that a way

Uh huh. That's what I thought...

Learn how to spell too. You could have just C&P'd it from my post. hahaha

Carolina needs WRs in the off season.
10 team H2H

QB-RGIII
RB-JC
RB- Lynch
WR-D. Thomas
WR-J.  Nelson
WR-Hilton
TE- J. Thomas
K-  Crosby