Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

2014 Oakland Raiders Season ThreadTime to Just-Win-Baby again yet?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 Gains

Gains

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:03 AM

Despite having a surprising number of start-able players under the right circumstances a lot is up in the air.

Finally cleared a lot of cap space for a down year with 40% dead cap.
Streater and Moore returning...........TE, RB and QB up in the air.

Thoughts.

#2 Nguvocity

Nguvocity

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:26 AM

Trading up for Teddy! Believe it!  But I'd assume they roll with Latavius Murray for the RB situation.  I think that sets up their offense assuming most of the TE in the draft that has value gets taken.  I think they need to address there defense.  I know a lot said they have an underrated defense but they definitely need an OLB or edge rusher .  But trading up wont allow them to get anthony barr/jadaveon.
12man Non-PPR
QB:Drew Brees
WR: Josh Gordon, Vincent Jackson, James Jones, Percy Harvin, Michael Crabtree
RB: Marshawn Lynch, Zac Stacy,Ryan Mathews, Giovani Bernard, Andre Ellington
TE: Jordan Reed,John Carlson
FLEX: (RB/WR/TE)
K: Ryan Succop
DEF: SF(streaming)
D: Sean Lee (Streaming)

#3 itzJTD

itzJTD

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:39 AM

We really need Tyvon back and to stay healthy

Would like Rashad to stick around

We definitely need to find another DE/OLB hybrid like Wimbley/Shaughnessy, we've been lacking there since

#4 dumherb1

dumherb1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:12 AM

As an Oak fan in NY I dont get to see them often - but I when I do watch them - I can see flaws and needs - I dont like it but I think they sign Vick as a stop gap for a QB which hopefully they will draft in the 1st round - Bridgewater, Carr or Bortles ( please no Manziel ) - if the QB is not there I do think they can draft Barr - to go with Roach ( who is an up and coming star ) - as far as RB re-sign Jennings, let DMC walk and see what Murray has, there are always RB you can get at end of draft ( see Murray, Terell Davis, Alfred Morris...etc ) - Andre Holmes is a really good player who is an athletic freak and is still young - let him play along side Moore with Ford and Streater as compliments - TE ugh - maybe make a small trade for a Brent Celek type but they do have money to spend this off season and I hope they spend it with where they have needs...I mean 4 wins last year was 2 more then I thought - maybe make strides this year and just keep building the franchise the days of drafting players for speed is over.....

In a perfect world they would have drafted Megatron over Russell and Cutler over Huff or even Crabtree over Huff - maybe then the team would look different

#5 Gains

Gains

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:24 PM

View Postdumherb1, on 09 January 2014 - 08:12 AM, said:

drafted Megatron over Russell  - maybe then the team would look different

maybe?

#6 LeeVanCleef

LeeVanCleef

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:14 PM

Do you think the Raiders will stick with Reece and Jennings if DMC really does go to the Bengals?

Edited by LeeVanCleef, 10 January 2014 - 05:14 PM.

12 Team - Yahoo Dynasty League

QB: RG3
WR: B. Marshall, Roddy White, Keenan Allen, Marvin Jones, Da'Rick Rogers, Andre Holmes
RB: Joique Bell, Rashad Jennings, Marcel Reece, Jordan Todman, Knile Davis, Christine Michael, Khiry Robinson
TE: Gronk, Julius Thomas
DEF: STREAM
IR: Dwayne Allen
IR: Arian Foster

#7 predator_05

predator_05

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:25 PM

Jennings is a free agent, so his return is far from certain. He could attract a number of teams during the off-season.

Edited by predator_05, 10 January 2014 - 06:26 PM.

"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#8 OrangeCrush

OrangeCrush

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:23 PM

View PostLeeVanCleef, on 10 January 2014 - 05:14 PM, said:

Do you think the Raiders will stick with Reece and Jennings if DMC really does go to the Bengals?

I think Oak will give Latavius Murray a strong look.

The Contra Costa Times' Steve Corkran believes 2013 sixth-round pick Latavius Murray "looks the part and has all the skills" to be the Raiders' starting tailback in 2014.
Dynasty leaguers should be looking to stockpile potential this time of year, and Murray has it with a largely unimpeded path to Oakland's 2014 starting job. Darren McFadden and Rashad Jennings are both impending free agents. Murray goes 6-foot-3, 223 pounds and ran a 4.38 forty before April's draft. He wound up spending his entire rookie year as a "redshirt" on injured reserve

#9 LeeVanCleef

LeeVanCleef

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

View PostOrangeCrush, on 10 January 2014 - 07:23 PM, said:

The Contra Costa Times' Steve Corkran believes 2013 sixth-round pick Latavius Murray "looks the part and has all the skills" to be the Raiders' starting tailback in 2014.
Dynasty leaguers should be looking to stockpile potential this time of year, and Murray has it with a largely unimpeded path to Oakland's 2014 starting job. Darren McFadden and Rashad Jennings are both impending free agents. Murray goes 6-foot-3, 223 pounds and ran a 4.38 forty before April's draft. He wound up spending his entire rookie year as a "redshirt" on injured reserve

Yeah, I think he'll get a look too but I feel it all depends on how well he performs in OTA's/Preseason because Reece and Jennings have both proven themselves very capable of handling the duties.

WR: B. Marshall, Roddy White, Keenan Allen, Marvin Jones, Da'Rick Rogers, Andre Holmes
RB: Joique Bell, Rashad Jennings, Marcel Reece, Jordan Todman, Knile Davis, Christine Michael, Khiry Robinson

#10 OrangeCrush

OrangeCrush

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:34 AM

View PostLeeVanCleef, on 10 January 2014 - 07:45 PM, said:

Yeah, I think he'll get a look too but I feel it all depends on how well he performs in OTA's/Preseason because Reece and Jennings have both proven themselves very capable of handling the duties.

True but Jennings is a FA and Oak seems to like using Reece at FB

#11 LeeVanCleef

LeeVanCleef

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

View PostOrangeCrush, on 11 January 2014 - 08:34 AM, said:

View PostLeeVanCleef, on 10 January 2014 - 07:45 PM, said:

True but Jennings is a FA and Oak seems to like using Reece at FB

Good point.  If they let Jennings walk then Latavius will definitely get playing time.

#12 Bluecore

Bluecore

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:09 PM

The backfield will be great no matter what happens. Reece is really really good, but if they re-sign Jennings that's awesome too, I am high on both. Obviously, it's time for DMC to go away. In my opinion, they need an elite WR to combine with Holmes and Moore to make the 3 wide sets, and they need a QB. Rivera was looking pretty good at TE, develop him. Then, their defense needs to be coached back in to the relevance they showed in the first half of the season.

EDIT: MUST ACQUIRE HA HA CLINTON-DIX. MUST.

Edited by Bluecore, 12 January 2014 - 04:10 PM.

12-team Yahoo standard, non-ppr, 0.6 points per 10 kick return yards. 3WR+1Flex start, 5 bench spots. QBs get 4 points per pass TD

Week 14 quarterfinal victory AND league high score!
Week 15 victory by a 0.31 point margin! CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!
CHAMPIONSHIP IS MINE!!!

Week 16 Championship roster:
QB: Nick Foles
WR: Demaryius Thomas, Josh Gordon, Eric Decker
RB: LeSean McCoy, Rashad Jennings
TE: Delanie Walker
Flex: Kendall Wright
Kicker: S. Hauschka
Def: KC

#13 Gains

Gains

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:43 PM

View PostBluecore, on 12 January 2014 - 04:09 PM, said:

The backfield will be great no matter what happens. Reece is really really good, but if they re-sign Jennings that's awesome too, I am high on both. Obviously, it's time for DMC to go away. In my opinion, they need an elite WR to combine with Holmes and Moore to make the 3 wide sets, and they need a QB. Rivera was looking pretty good at TE, develop him. Then, their defense needs to be coached back in to the relevance they showed in the first half of the season.

EDIT: MUST ACQUIRE HA HA CLINTON-DIX. MUST.

it would be pretty early at the raiders pick to draft Ha-ha.....unless they trade back.

I know the packer faithful are willing to selling their soul to the devil for some safety help.

you want to draft another WR? there Wr core is in as bad shape as other groups. Also why you leave out streater? he is there best WR.

#14 Bluecore

Bluecore

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:21 PM

I left out Streater because I don't think he is their best receiver. If you insist on him, then Denarius Moore needs to go and Streater in his place. Also, him being "the best" is relative to what they already have, which is obviously sub par because even when McGloin was playing decent the WR weren't putting on shows. I did not mean draft one, I meant sign one. A good veteran, potentially using the money they'd save by not paying Jennings and instead featuring Reece. Eric Decker maybe? I don't know, I am just speculating. My point is they need SOMEONE who is elite and good, a go-to guy. The Raiders need someone Anquan Boldin-esque, but someone who can open up his opportunities, like Holmes and Moore would. Streater is not that guy. They also have Reece to play the slot too, which I like, in the event they decide to re-sign Jennings, so Streater might even be a good player to trade for someone elite.
12-team Yahoo standard, non-ppr, 0.6 points per 10 kick return yards. 3WR+1Flex start, 5 bench spots. QBs get 4 points per pass TD

CHAMPIONSHIP IS MINE!!!

#15 munde53

munde53

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:27 PM

Sounds like Jennings will be re-signed. He could be a great sleeper at RB next season. Probably won't go until the 4th round or later depending on league size.

#16 dumherb1

dumherb1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:36 PM

RAIDERS WILL SUCK AGAIN - LET VELDHEER AND HOUSTON GO AND WITH 64 MILLION UNDER THE CAP....SIGN SAFFOLD WOW - NEED ACTUAL PLAYERS...WHAT IS MCKENZIE DOING?

#17 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:50 PM

Let the good Raiders go (Veldheer & Houston) and resign the duds (DMC).  I feel bad for the Raider Nation...seriously, how do you let Veldheer walk and then sign Saffold for more $$$??

#18 RotoRaysfan

RotoRaysfan

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,150 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

Apparently Al Davis still lives.  Egads.
TBD Baseball 2011 League Champion - 20 team, 7x7 (5x5 plus 2B+3B, BB, QS & Holds) Dynasty - Division winner, and squeaked through playoff finals!
AL-only 5x5, Roto - 2010 & 2011 league champion
RotoWood 2011 League Runner-Up - Mixed Roto regular season / H2H playoff 5x5 format - 3rd place reg. season, lost in finals

Been a blast everyone - take care, and remember to abide by the CoC, and to help your fellow community out - it's what's made the Forum community great!

P.S. My passion is primarily FBB - you'd LOL at my football track record!

#19 Bluecore

Bluecore

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

Whhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy did they resign McFadden ;;;;;;;;;;;;;

CHAMPIONSHIP IS MINE!!!

#20 RotoRaysfan

RotoRaysfan

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,150 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:23 PM

The worst part is that the Raiders had a ton of cap space - but let their 2 best FA's go at what were very reasonable prices.  Then they paid a higer price for a worse player (Saffold).   Their 2014 cap room was actually 66.5 Million. Yep, you read that right - over 66M.  And since they suck, they have to overpay to get FA's to come to OAK - so re-signing both Houston & Veldeheer were huge priorities IMO.  

I can understand letting Jennings go if the Giants overpaid, but letting the #1 DE on the market and the #1 LT on the market (when you factor the life of their contracts, no other DE or LT is likely to stay at the same level, given their ages), man, it's more like "Just (Don't) Win, Baby.".

SMH.
TBD Baseball 2011 League Champion - 20 team, 7x7 (5x5 plus 2B+3B, BB, QS & Holds) Dynasty - Division winner, and squeaked through playoff finals!
AL-only 5x5, Roto - 2010 & 2011 league champion
RotoWood 2011 League Runner-Up - Mixed Roto regular season / H2H playoff 5x5 format - 3rd place reg. season, lost in finals

Been a blast everyone - take care, and remember to abide by the CoC, and to help your fellow community out - it's what's made the Forum community great!

P.S. My passion is primarily FBB - you'd LOL at my football track record!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users