Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Marshawn Lynch 2014 Season OutlookPotential Suspension for DUI?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,381 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:08 AM

Came across this Photoshop I'd made of Lynch after his trade to Seattle.

Posted Image

Figured I'd kickstart the conversation on Lynch, since he's got that DUI case looming, and Christine Michael and Turbin are both good backups.  He's likely a player to follow closely this offseason.

View PostHolben, on 20 July 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Jackie Battle...Better than Chris Johnson...

Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 12-Team PPR (Teamname: "Maniac Allstars"):
QB: Andrew Luck
WR1: Calvin Johnson - WR2: Torrey Smith - Bench: Josh Gordon, Chris Givens, Ryan Broyles
RB1: Mikel LeShoure - RB2: Dexter McCluster - Bench: Montario Hardesty, Kevin Smith
TE: Dennis Pitta
FLEX: Tony Gonzalez
K: Greg Zuerlein

#2 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:18 AM

I swear isn't this DUI from freaking 2011?  either suspend him and get it over with are just publicly announce the rules don't apply to the rich or famous.

#3 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,381 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:20 AM

View PostGains, on 09 January 2014 - 04:18 AM, said:

I swear isn't this DUI from freaking 2011?  either suspend him and get it over with are just publicly announce the rules don't apply to the rich or famous.

They can't / won't do anything to him until the court case is finished.  He got a big payday and used that payday to hire a lawyer to postpone the everloving hell out of the case until the prime of his career is over lol.

WR1: Calvin Johnson - WR2: Torrey Smith - Bench: Josh Gordon, Chris Givens, Ryan Broyles
RB1: Mikel LeShoure - RB2: Dexter McCluster - Bench: Montario Hardesty, Kevin Smith

#4 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:24 AM

View PostRobrain, on 09 January 2014 - 04:20 AM, said:

They can't / won't do anything to him until the court case is finished.  He got a big payday and used that payday to hire a lawyer to postpone the everloving hell out of the case until the prime of his career is over lol.

so like I said it doesn't apply to rich or famous people.

U.S court system is a joke.

#5 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,381 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:17 AM

View PostGains, on 09 January 2014 - 04:24 AM, said:

View PostRobrain, on 09 January 2014 - 04:20 AM, said:

so like I said it doesn't apply to rich or famous people.

U.S court system is a joke.

Well, there will be a verdict regardless.  It's just taken longer in this case.  Yeah, money seems to allow cases to get stalled.

#6 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,504 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

It'll be interesting to see how Christine Michael is handled. This was essentially a redshirt year for him and I definitely see him as more talented and more suited to a feature role than Turbin. IMO Turbin works best as a change of pace/occasional 3rd down RB.

However Lynch clearly has some gas left in the tank. I wonder if the organization will progressively work Michael into the mix or if they'll just run Lynch into the ground and then hand the keys over to the youngster. If I'm not mistaken, Lynch has gotten most, if not all, of the guaranteed money that came with his most recent contract.

#7 HustleHard

HustleHard

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

I'm just worried about how long he'll keep beast mode'n with out missing some games.  Dude takes a ton of punishment while also giving it.  He essentially has been taking twice the punishment more than other backs.  The DUI case lingering also / more than likely will having him missing a couple games off the bat.

My main league is a keeper. Think my 2 will be Le'veon Bell (over Lynch) & JC.  Thinking towards the future also.
10 team H2H

QB-RGIII
RB-JC
RB- Lynch
WR-D. Thomas
WR-J.  Nelson
WR-Hilton
TE- J. Thomas
K-  Crosby
Def- KC

Bench- C. Shorts, Le'veon Bell, Boykin, K.Wright, T. Wright, Denver D

#8 pikerbkb

pikerbkb

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:13 AM

View PostSenatorSpaceman, on 10 January 2014 - 03:59 PM, said:

It'll be interesting to see how Christine Michael is handled. This was essentially a redshirt year for him and I definitely see him as more talented and more suited to a feature role than Turbin. IMO Turbin works best as a change of pace/occasional 3rd down RB.

However Lynch clearly has some gas left in the tank. I wonder if the organization will progressively work Michael into the mix or if they'll just run Lynch into the ground and then hand the keys over to the youngster. If I'm not mistaken, Lynch has gotten most, if not all, of the guaranteed money that came with his most recent contract.
I read somewhere that 2014 is guaranteed as well, but that is the last of the g money. Even if this is the case I definitely see Michael getting some looks next season, maybe a series or two every game, which will keep Lynch fresh as the Hawks go for a repeat.....that's right, you know they are getting rings this year. B)
Tom Brady
Arian Foster
Stevan Ridley
Eddie Lacy
Zac Stacy
Ben Tate
Da'Dick Rodgers
Josh Gordon
Marcus Wheaton
Nuk
Ladarius Green

Dynasty non-ppr
12 Team
24 player roster
No position limits

#9 metalmat

metalmat

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:41 AM

View Postpikerbkb, on 12 January 2014 - 01:13 AM, said:

View PostSenatorSpaceman, on 10 January 2014 - 03:59 PM, said:

I read somewhere that 2014 is guaranteed as well, but that is the last of the g money. Even if this is the case I definitely see Michael getting some looks next season, maybe a series or two every game, which will keep Lynch fresh as the Hawks go for a repeat.....that's right, you know they are getting rings this year. B)

2014 is not guaranteed. There was speculation earlier in the season that Lynch could end up on another team next year but with him being such a huge part of the offense this year that aint happening. Maybe they renegotiate his contract but that's about it, I don't think Seattle is having any salary cap issues in 2014 and even if they did Sidney Rice would be an easy cut to clear up some space.

#10 owenmills

owenmills

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:31 AM

A suspension in 2014 could be a blessing in disguise, keeping his carries down next year. I don't see him slowing down at all next year though. The Christine Michael fanboys will probably have to wait until 2015 unless Lynch gets hurt.

Edited by owenmills, 13 January 2014 - 10:32 AM.

#11 fredth3cat

fredth3cat

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:02 AM

"Even if Lynch is found guilty, a suspension is unlikely.  Although he has had prior incidents under the personal-conduct policy, Lynch has never before been charged with DUI.  The standard penalty for a first-offense DUI is a two-game fine."

Source: http://profootballta...marshawn-lynch/

#12 mrblonde1984

mrblonde1984

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:31 AM

He turns 28 in April. Is it me, or does it seem like he should be older? Felt like he was already 30.

Since I always find the first-round bust in the middle to end of the round, I'll be bumping Lynch up right after Charles, McCoy, Peterson, Forte, Megatron.

He's had three straight seasons of at least 11 TDs.

#13 GreatScott!

GreatScott!

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:51 AM

So now there are reports that Seattle is saying they want to go to a RBBC.  So where does that put his value now if that rings true.  I know, I know, it's early and coaches say a lot of crazy things.  But if the preseason starts and they are still talking and actually doing a RBBC, is Lynch still a first rounder?
Da Bears!

#14 owenmills

owenmills

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:42 AM

He's a stud. He should still get a ton of touches even if they work in the other guys more this year. This may make him a better value though if it scares people. Every RB needs a blow, especially with all the touches he's racked up the past few years. It's not like this is going to a 50/50 timeshare.

#15 weedjj

weedjj

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:09 AM

View PostGreatScott!, on 05 June 2014 - 05:51 AM, said:

So now there are reports that Seattle is saying they want to go to a RBBC.  So where does that put his value now if that rings true.  I know, I know, it's early and coaches say a lot of crazy things.  But if the preseason starts and they are still talking and actually doing a RBBC, is Lynch still a first rounder?

Even if they did give someone like Michael 10 touches a game and Turbin 3-5, Lynch is still going to get 20+ in that offense.  There is nothing that could happen minus a long suspension or injury that could move Lynch out of top 5-6, forget first round.

#16 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,504 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:44 AM

Yeah, still a first rounder. If these reports cause him to drop at all in drafts, his value could improve substantially. IMO, Lynch owners should reach a round or two to get C-Mike as long as his ADP remains reasonable.

#17 evillaw4eva

evillaw4eva

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:25 PM

Lynch is going to fall off soon. Losing touches doesn't help. I'd stay away unless he drops and there is significant value

#18 TheToeStompers

TheToeStompers

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:02 PM

Dude just keeps on rumbling.  He might have had a lot of carries, but he's proven over and over that he can handle them.  Besides, he could 'regress' and still have better than a 1200 and 10 line to finish the year (last year he went almost 1600 and 14).  Grab C-mike to cuff him for sure, but I have no reason to doubt his top tier ranking this year.

#19 TheOneAboveAll

TheOneAboveAll

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:27 PM

View Postevillaw4eva, on 05 June 2014 - 04:25 PM, said:

Lynch is going to fall off soon. Losing touches doesn't help. I'd stay away unless he drops and there is significant value

Only if you considered drafting him in the 1st rd but you have to look at him and think about picking him up if by any chance he's there in the 2nd. Coach-speak is not to be trusted when it comes to a player's snapcount/share.

#20 lightweight3

lightweight3

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:03 PM

Call me pessimistic, but this feels like Arian Foster last year.  He's had a lot of carries in the last few yrs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users