Jump to content

Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Marshawn Lynch 2014 Season OutlookPotential Suspension for DUI?


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Robrain

Robrain

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,290 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:08 AM

Came across this Photoshop I'd made of Lynch after his trade to Seattle.

Posted Image

Figured I'd kickstart the conversation on Lynch, since he's got that DUI case looming, and Christine Michael and Turbin are both good backups.  He's likely a player to follow closely this offseason.

View PostHolben, on 20 July 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Jackie Battle...Better than Chris Johnson...

Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 12-Team PPR (Teamname: "Maniac Allstars"):
QB: Andrew Luck
WR1: Calvin Johnson - WR2: Torrey Smith - Bench: Josh Gordon, Chris Givens, Ryan Broyles
RB1: Mikel LeShoure - RB2: Dexter McCluster - Bench: Montario Hardesty, Kevin Smith
TE: Dennis Pitta
FLEX: Tony Gonzalez
K: Greg Zuerlein

#2 Gains

Gains

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:18 AM

I swear isn't this DUI from freaking 2011?  either suspend him and get it over with are just publicly announce the rules don't apply to the rich or famous.

#3 Robrain

Robrain

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,290 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:20 AM

View PostGains, on 09 January 2014 - 04:18 AM, said:

I swear isn't this DUI from freaking 2011?  either suspend him and get it over with are just publicly announce the rules don't apply to the rich or famous.

They can't / won't do anything to him until the court case is finished.  He got a big payday and used that payday to hire a lawyer to postpone the everloving hell out of the case until the prime of his career is over lol.

View PostHolben, on 20 July 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Jackie Battle...Better than Chris Johnson...

Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 12-Team PPR (Teamname: "Maniac Allstars"):
QB: Andrew Luck
WR1: Calvin Johnson - WR2: Torrey Smith - Bench: Josh Gordon, Chris Givens, Ryan Broyles
RB1: Mikel LeShoure - RB2: Dexter McCluster - Bench: Montario Hardesty, Kevin Smith
TE: Dennis Pitta
FLEX: Tony Gonzalez
K: Greg Zuerlein

#4 Gains

Gains

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:24 AM

View PostRobrain, on 09 January 2014 - 04:20 AM, said:

View PostGains, on 09 January 2014 - 04:18 AM, said:

I swear isn't this DUI from freaking 2011?  either suspend him and get it over with are just publicly announce the rules don't apply to the rich or famous.

They can't / won't do anything to him until the court case is finished.  He got a big payday and used that payday to hire a lawyer to postpone the everloving hell out of the case until the prime of his career is over lol.

so like I said it doesn't apply to rich or famous people.

U.S court system is a joke.

#5 Robrain

Robrain

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,290 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:17 AM

View PostGains, on 09 January 2014 - 04:24 AM, said:

View PostRobrain, on 09 January 2014 - 04:20 AM, said:

View PostGains, on 09 January 2014 - 04:18 AM, said:

I swear isn't this DUI from freaking 2011?  either suspend him and get it over with are just publicly announce the rules don't apply to the rich or famous.

They can't / won't do anything to him until the court case is finished.  He got a big payday and used that payday to hire a lawyer to postpone the everloving hell out of the case until the prime of his career is over lol.

so like I said it doesn't apply to rich or famous people.

U.S court system is a joke.

Well, there will be a verdict regardless.  It's just taken longer in this case.  Yeah, money seems to allow cases to get stalled.

View PostHolben, on 20 July 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Jackie Battle...Better than Chris Johnson...

Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 12-Team PPR (Teamname: "Maniac Allstars"):
QB: Andrew Luck
WR1: Calvin Johnson - WR2: Torrey Smith - Bench: Josh Gordon, Chris Givens, Ryan Broyles
RB1: Mikel LeShoure - RB2: Dexter McCluster - Bench: Montario Hardesty, Kevin Smith
TE: Dennis Pitta
FLEX: Tony Gonzalez
K: Greg Zuerlein

#6 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,996 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NYC

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

It'll be interesting to see how Christine Michael is handled. This was essentially a redshirt year for him and I definitely see him as more talented and more suited to a feature role than Turbin. IMO Turbin works best as a change of pace/occasional 3rd down RB.

However Lynch clearly has some gas left in the tank. I wonder if the organization will progressively work Michael into the mix or if they'll just run Lynch into the ground and then hand the keys over to the youngster. If I'm not mistaken, Lynch has gotten most, if not all, of the guaranteed money that came with his most recent contract.

#7 HustleHard

HustleHard

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

I'm just worried about how long he'll keep beast mode'n with out missing some games.  Dude takes a ton of punishment while also giving it.  He essentially has been taking twice the punishment more than other backs.  The DUI case lingering also / more than likely will having him missing a couple games off the bat.

My main league is a keeper. Think my 2 will be Le'veon Bell (over Lynch) & JC.  Thinking towards the future also.
10 team H2H

QB-RGIII
RB-JC
RB- Lynch
WR-D. Thomas
WR-J.  Nelson
WR-Hilton
TE- J. Thomas
K-  Crosby
Def- KC

Bench- C. Shorts, Le'veon Bell, Boykin, K.Wright, T. Wright, Denver D

#8 pikerbkb

pikerbkb

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So Cal

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:13 AM

View PostSenatorSpaceman, on 10 January 2014 - 03:59 PM, said:

It'll be interesting to see how Christine Michael is handled. This was essentially a redshirt year for him and I definitely see him as more talented and more suited to a feature role than Turbin. IMO Turbin works best as a change of pace/occasional 3rd down RB.

However Lynch clearly has some gas left in the tank. I wonder if the organization will progressively work Michael into the mix or if they'll just run Lynch into the ground and then hand the keys over to the youngster. If I'm not mistaken, Lynch has gotten most, if not all, of the guaranteed money that came with his most recent contract.
I read somewhere that 2014 is guaranteed as well, but that is the last of the g money. Even if this is the case I definitely see Michael getting some looks next season, maybe a series or two every game, which will keep Lynch fresh as the Hawks go for a repeat.....that's right, you know they are getting rings this year. B)
Tom Brady
Arian Foster
Stevan Ridley
Eddie Lacy
Zac Stacy
Ben Tate
Da'Dick Rodgers
Josh Gordon
Marcus Wheaton
Nuk
Ladarius Green



Dynasty non-ppr
12 Team
24 player roster
No position limits

#9 metalmat

metalmat

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:41 AM

View Postpikerbkb, on 12 January 2014 - 01:13 AM, said:

View PostSenatorSpaceman, on 10 January 2014 - 03:59 PM, said:

It'll be interesting to see how Christine Michael is handled. This was essentially a redshirt year for him and I definitely see him as more talented and more suited to a feature role than Turbin. IMO Turbin works best as a change of pace/occasional 3rd down RB.

However Lynch clearly has some gas left in the tank. I wonder if the organization will progressively work Michael into the mix or if they'll just run Lynch into the ground and then hand the keys over to the youngster. If I'm not mistaken, Lynch has gotten most, if not all, of the guaranteed money that came with his most recent contract.
I read somewhere that 2014 is guaranteed as well, but that is the last of the g money. Even if this is the case I definitely see Michael getting some looks next season, maybe a series or two every game, which will keep Lynch fresh as the Hawks go for a repeat.....that's right, you know they are getting rings this year. B)

2014 is not guaranteed. There was speculation earlier in the season that Lynch could end up on another team next year but with him being such a huge part of the offense this year that aint happening. Maybe they renegotiate his contract but that's about it, I don't think Seattle is having any salary cap issues in 2014 and even if they did Sidney Rice would be an easy cut to clear up some space.

#10 owenmills

owenmills

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:31 AM

A suspension in 2014 could be a blessing in disguise, keeping his carries down next year. I don't see him slowing down at all next year though. The Christine Michael fanboys will probably have to wait until 2015 unless Lynch gets hurt.

Edited by owenmills, 13 January 2014 - 10:32 AM.


#11 fredth3cat

fredth3cat

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:02 AM

"Even if Lynch is found guilty, a suspension is unlikely.  Although he has had prior incidents under the personal-conduct policy, Lynch has never before been charged with DUI.  The standard penalty for a first-offense DUI is a two-game fine."

Source: http://profootballta...marshawn-lynch/

#12 mrblonde1984

mrblonde1984

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:31 AM

He turns 28 in April. Is it me, or does it seem like he should be older? Felt like he was already 30.

Since I always find the first-round bust in the middle to end of the round, I'll be bumping Lynch up right after Charles, McCoy, Peterson, Forte, Megatron.

He's had three straight seasons of at least 11 TDs.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users