478 replies to this topic

#1 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:21 PM

If you're an avid fantasy footballer you know how skewed merely looking at everyone's total fantasy points can be. Seeing who scored the most points and rank the players you want in that fashion. Anyone knows though, that if a good player wasn't given a chance to start until, say week 5, or there was missed time due to injury, he missed out on over a month of accruing fantasy points in which, he will be unusually low on the point totals. You want to consider their injury proneness but you also, want to know, injuries aside, where those RB's matchup against the RB's that played all 16 games. So this is my attempt to put everyone on level playing ground.

So out of all the RB's worth calculating, I took away any games they didn't play in at all, or got hurt in the middle of. Every game he played 4 full quarters of I tallied, and extrapolated to 16 games, because I thought this would be a much more accurate way to view the RB class for 2014. I was most interested to see where guys like Stacy and Bell, as well as Foster and Martin would go, and it's pretty interesting.

Of course this analysis is rather flawed. The less and less games they played, the flimsier the extrapolation is (particularly Martin, Foster, Vereen etc), but I thought the analysis ended up looking pretty good, and thought it might be helpful to those avid enough about Fantasy Football to be on this forum.

non-PPR

RB Rankings

1.) Jamaal Charles----------328.5 (Extrapolated from 15 games)
2.) LeSean McCoy----------278.6
3.) Matt Forte----------------263.3

4.) Adrian Peterson---------248.6 (Extrapolated from 13 games)
5.) DeMarco Murray--------240.3 (Extrapolated from 13 games)
6.) Marshawn Lynch--------239.3
7.) Knowshon Moreno------236.6
8.) Eddie Lacy---------------236   (Extrapolated from 14 games)
9.) Arian Foster--------------227.7 (Extrapolated from 6 games)

10.) Reggie Bush-----------211.7 (Extrapolated from 14 games)
11.) Le'Veon Bell-----------211.6 (Extrapolated from 13 games)
12.) Zac Stacy---------------209.3 (Extrapolated from 12 games)

13.) Chris Johnson----------198.2
14.) Ryan Mathews----------195.8 (Extrapolated from 15 games)
15.) Fred Jackson-----------188.3

16.) Shane Vereen----------175   (Extrapolated from 8 games)
17.) Frank Gore--------------174.9
18.) Alfred Morris------------169.3
19.) Giovani Bernard-------166.9

20.) Joique Bell--------------163.7
21.) Doug Martin------------162.6 (Extrapolated from 5 games)
22.) Steven Jackson--------158   (Extrapolated from 11)
23.) Maurice Jones-Drew----153.6 (Extrapolated from 15 games)
24.) Danny Woodhead--------147.4
25.) Andre Brown-----------147   (Extrapolated from 8 games)

26.) Rashad Jennings-------138.5
27.) DeAngelo Williams-----137.6
28.) Pierre Thomas*********134.2
29.) CJ Spiller------------129.3 (Extrapolated from 15 games)
30.) Ray Rice--------------128.1 (Extrapolated from 15 games)
31.) Andre Ellington-------126.3
32.) Rashard Mendenhall----126.1
33.) Donald Brown----------123.1
34.) LeGarrette Blount-----119
35.) Stevan Ridley---------117.5
36.) Benjarvus Green-Ellis-115.8
37.) Ben Tate-----------------111.1
38.) Trent Richardson-------109.9
39.) Chris Ivory---------------109.1
40.) Bilal Powell--------------104.1
41.) Darren Sproles---------102.4
42.) Lamar Miller-------------97.9

#2 munde53

munde53

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:36 PM

Guys like Jennings and Bell's stats are still skewed. They were the backup for the majority of the season, and only got a point to shine either later in the season or when the starter finally got hurt. So their numbers are being credited for a full 16 games despite only getting significant playing time in only a handful of games.

Jennings was a top 5-10 back after taking over the starting role, and Bell had similar rankings when Bush was injured or benched.
10 Team
QB: M Ryan, T Romo
RB: Z Stacy, A Ellington, J Bell, B Tate, T West, B Cunningham
WR: Megatron, K Allen, R White, K Wright, R Wayne
TE: J Reed, L Green
K: M Bryant
Def: New England

#3 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:43 PM

View Postmunde53, on 09 January 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

Guys like Jennings and Bell's stats are still skewed. They were the backup for the majority of the season, and only got a point to shine either later in the season or when the starter finally got hurt. So their numbers are being credited for a full 16 games despite only getting significant playing time in only a handful of games.

Jennings was a top 5-10 back after taking over the starting role, and Bell had similar rankings when Bush was injured or benched.

true. It's hard to predict Jennings or Bell period. I suppose one could project the games where they were the starter, especially Jennings. That Oakland backfield is difficult. And the Raiders are also hyping their new young guy as their projected starter for 2014.

Bell is wierd. He really only started two games, but was a productive backup RB. I think where his ranking is, is about right, maybe a little high. And a new regime leaves questions.

Edited by cbe_88, 09 January 2014 - 01:49 PM.

#4 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:44 PM

I was surprised to see how well Foster was actually doing before he went down. He likely would have still been a top10 back. He'll be an interesting bounce back candidate...especially if he puts together a healthy camp/preseason.

Edited by cbe_88, 09 January 2014 - 01:49 PM.

#5 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:15 PM

Goes like this for me for next year. Just my personal opinion

Charles
Mccoy
Lynch
Ap
Forte
Lacy
Morris
Bell
Murray
Bush
Spiller
Martin
G beonard
Gore
Stacy
Ellington
[size=5]Die hard Ny Giants fan and Ny Knicks fan [/size]

"What do we need anybody for? We have Victor Cruz.”
-Coach Tom Coughlin

NFL Favorite Players; Victor Cruz and Cj Spiller
NBA favorite players: Carmelo Anthony(of course) and Damian Lillard (better than Kyrie when its all said and done), Giannis Antetokounmpo aka the Greek Freak

President of Matt Harvey Fan club(get well soon) and now an official MANBEARPUIG member   Tee shirts coming soon

#RealDealWheeler

#6 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

View PostNyMetsfan5, on 09 January 2014 - 03:15 PM, said:

Charles
Mccoy
Lynch
Ap
Forte
Lacy
Morris
Bell
Murray
Bush
Spiller
Martin
G beonard
Gore
Stacy
Ellington

You're really digging Freddy Morris, it will be interesting to see how Jay runs the offense, and no Foster love? Analysis aside, here are my personal rankings:

McCoy
Charles (McCoy/Charles interchangeable)
AP
Forte
Lacy
Lynch
Bell
Stacy
Murray
Martin
Foster
Gio
Bush
Gore
Moreno

#7 munde53

munde53

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:28 PM

View Postcbe_88, on 09 January 2014 - 03:25 PM, said:

View PostNyMetsfan5, on 09 January 2014 - 03:15 PM, said:

Charles
Mccoy
Lynch
Ap
Forte
Lacy
Morris
Bell
Murray
Bush
Spiller
Martin
G beonard
Gore
Stacy
Ellington

You're really digging Freddy Morris, it will be interesting to see how Jay runs the offense, and no Foster love? Analysis aside, here are my personal rankings:

McCoy
Charles (McCoy/Charles interchangeable)
AP
Forte
Lacy
Lynch
Bell
Stacy
Murray
Martin
Foster
Gio
Bush
Gore
Moreno
I like this list much better, with the exception of Moreno. I still don't think he'll resign with Denver. So essentially just plug Ball into his spot.
10 Team

#8 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:32 PM

View Postmunde53, on 09 January 2014 - 03:28 PM, said:

I like this list much better, with the exception of Moreno. I still don't think he'll resign with Denver. So essentially just plug Ball into his spot.

I'm not a huge Moreno fan, myself. I was mulling over who I wanted to to rank 15th. I mean he had a top5 year so for the time being he should be around that range. You don't think Moreno will be in Denver next year? If that were the case Montee would def skyrocket.

#9 munde53

munde53

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:42 PM

View Postcbe_88, on 09 January 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

View Postmunde53, on 09 January 2014 - 03:28 PM, said:

I'm not a huge Moreno fan, myself. I was mulling over who I wanted to to rank 15th. I mean he had a top5 year so for the time being he should be around that range. You don't think Moreno will be in Denver next year? If that were the case Montee would def skyrocket.
Not when they have Decker and other more important free agents to sign. It would be wasted money in my opinion because Ball is equally as talented (if not more so) than Moreno. All Moreno had over Ball this last season was the ability to pass protect and ball security. Moreno himself had ball security issues early in his career and was able to remedy the situation. I see the same thing happening with Ball next season, as well as working hard on pass protection this off-season to improve both areas.
10 Team

#10 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:52 PM

View Postmunde53, on 09 January 2014 - 03:42 PM, said:

Not when they have Decker and other more important free agents to sign. It would be wasted money in my opinion because Ball is equally as talented (if not more so) than Moreno. All Moreno had over Ball this last season was the ability to pass protect and ball security. Moreno himself had ball security issues early in his career and was able to remedy the situation. I see the same thing happening with Ball next season, as well as working hard on pass protection this off-season to improve both areas.

I didn't realize Moreno was a free agent this offseason. That would make sense, as Denver should know that this offense more brought Moreno his top-5 statline, rather than his talent. If this happened, where do you think Ball ranks? He would be entering an incredible situation, yet still being very unproven, and a fumbler that struggles to pass block. I'd totally be on board with Ball but it would have to be at the right price.

#11 CL3VELANDBR0WNS

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:52 PM

After today...
Stock up: Gio
Stock Down: Alfred Morris
14 tm non-ppr dynasty 30-man
QB- RG3, Carr
RB- Martin, Gio, Pierre, DMC, Bryce, Dunbar, Stewart, Riddick.
WR- Sammy Watkins, Michael Floyd, Cordarrelle Patterson, DeAndre Hopkins, Kendall Wright, Justin Hunter, Kenny Britt, Mike Williams, Brian Quick, Marquess Wilson
TE- Gronk, Reed,CJF
DT- Sen'Derrick Marks
LB-Mosley, Shazier
CB- Justin Gilbert
S- Cyprien
IR- Blackmon, KHunter, Alonso, Gordon, DWashington

#12 munde53

munde53

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:09 PM

View Postcbe_88, on 09 January 2014 - 03:52 PM, said:

View Postmunde53, on 09 January 2014 - 03:42 PM, said:

I didn't realize Moreno was a free agent this offseason. That would make sense, as Denver should know that this offense more brought Moreno his top-5 statline, rather than his talent. If this happened, where do you think Ball ranks? He would be entering an incredible situation, yet still being very unproven, and a fumbler that struggles to pass block. I'd totally be on board with Ball but it would have to be at the right price.
Rotoworld will hype him up and he'll go in the late 1st or 2nd round. I see no reason why he couldn't finish top 10 based on that offense, but if feels way too David Wilson like.
10 Team

#13 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

View Postmunde53, on 09 January 2014 - 04:09 PM, said:

Rotoworld will hype him up and he'll go in the late 1st or 2nd round. I see no reason why he couldn't finish top 10 based on that offense, but if feels way too David Wilson like.

Seriously. If he vaulted that high, no way I go for him. He's still very unproven, and could fumble his way out of a job (a-la David Wilson, like you refer to), or fail to pass block well enough to earn the job. I like him to develop this offseason and be that top10 RB if Moreno goes, but I'm not going to bank on it that early in my draft. if he falls to at least the 3rd round because he's so unproven, is when I'd even THINK to go for him. 4th round? now were talking, but that's just not going to happen if they let Moreno go.

#14 skoalands

skoalands

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

1 McCoy 2 Peterson 3 Lynch 4 Charles 5 Forte 6 Eddie Lacy 7 Spiller 8 Moreno 9 Foster 10 Bush 11 Steven Jackson 12 Le'Von Bell 13 Ben Tate 14 Zac Stacy 15 Giovanni Bernard

#15 itzJTD

itzJTD

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

What do you guys think about Bush/Bell? I've been a huge Bell advocate since 2012 season, guy needs to be a starter... I expected the Lions to go with a 60/40 timeshare next year to preserve Reggie's health but more importantly finally utilize Bell which they've only done when Reggie is injured. I plan to skip Bush and draft Bell regardless if I have to reach a round early to get him in the mid rounds. Bell puts up big points with very few touches.. And if Reggie gets injured.. You just got a RB1 in the 7th-9th round... Thoughts?

#16 itzJTD

itzJTD

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:57 PM

View Postskoalands, on 09 January 2014 - 04:39 PM, said:

1                            McCoy                                                                         2                            Peterson                                                                         3                            Lynch                                                                          4                            Charles                                                                         5                            Forte                                                                         6                            Eddie Lacy                                            7                            Spiller                                                                         8                            Moreno                                                                         9                            Foster                                                                         10                            Bush                                                                         11                            Steven Jackson                                             12                            Le'Von Bell                                            13                            Ben Tate                                                                         14                            Zac Stacy                                                                         15                            Giovanni Bernard

I'm definitely taking Le'Veon before Spiller, Bush, and Steven Jackson. As long as FJax and Joique are still around I can't see Spiller and Bush getting the 20+ carries Le'Veon gets every game. Although Le'Veon only averages around 3 catches a game where Bush/Spiller would be closer to 5

#17 skoalands

skoalands

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:14 PM

View PostitzJTD, on 09 January 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:

View Postskoalands, on 09 January 2014 - 04:39 PM, said:

1                            McCoy                                                                         2                            Peterson                                                                         3                            Lynch                                                                          4                            Charles                                                                         5                            Forte                                                                         6                            Eddie Lacy                                            7                            Spiller                                                                         8                            Moreno                                                                         9                            Foster                                                                         10                            Bush                                                                         11                            Steven Jackson                                             12                            Le'Von Bell                                            13                            Ben Tate                                                                         14                            Zac Stacy                                                                         15                            Giovanni Bernard

I'm definitely taking Le'Veon before Spiller, Bush, and Steven Jackson. As long as FJax and Joique are still around I can't see Spiller and Bush getting the 20+ carries Le'Veon gets every game. Although Le'Veon only averages around 3 catches a game where Bush/Spiller would be closer to 5

Don't disagree you but I think Whiz sign with Loins and bush we'll be his cow bell back until injury Spiller I think he takes over this year like rice McGahee combo and Sjax is just based on TDs On bell I think steelers draft a big body WR and bell will lose his touches

#18 joshua18

joshua18

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:22 PM

View PostitzJTD, on 09 January 2014 - 04:52 PM, said:

What do you guys think about Bush/Bell? I've been a huge Bell advocate since 2012 season, guy needs to be a starter... I expected the Lions to go with a 60/40 timeshare next year to preserve Reggie's health but more importantly finally utilize Bell which they've only done when Reggie is injured. I plan to skip Bush and draft Bell regardless if I have to reach a round early to get him in the mid rounds. Bell puts up big points with very few touches.. And if Reggie gets injured.. You just got a RB1 in the 7th-9th round... Thoughts?

Completely agree, although I don't think Bell will last past the 8th round.  J. Bell and F. Jackson are similar to me -- older backs who are productive, yet get overlooked by the offseason hype machines for their younger counterparts -- until the season starts.

Problems with Bush:
1. Fumbler, 2. Too-Megatron dependent, 3. Injury-prone, 4. Timeshare with Bell

#19 munde53

munde53

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

View Postjoshua18, on 09 January 2014 - 05:22 PM, said:

Completely agree, although I don't think Bell will last past the 8th round.  J. Bell and F. Jackson are similar to me -- older backs who are productive, yet get overlooked by the offseason hype machines for their younger counterparts -- until the season starts.

Problems with Bush:
What if I told you Bell was younger than Bush?
10 Team

#20 joshua18

joshua18

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:43 PM

View Postmunde53, on 09 January 2014 - 05:29 PM, said:

View Postjoshua18, on 09 January 2014 - 05:22 PM, said:

Problems with Bush:
What if I told you Bell was younger than Bush?

Cool :).  Makes me want to think about drafting him in 5th or 6th rd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users