Jump to content

Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

* * * * - 3 votes

Cleveland Browns 2014 Season OutlookThree Stooges... Same old Browns....


  • Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

#1 CL3VELANDBR0WNS

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,568 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

So , the HC search is on. I hope we get Dan Quinn, DC for the Seahawks. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any offensive minds in the market besides Whisenhunt and college coaches. The Tressel rumors haven't completely died yet but I still think it's more fan talk.

Doesn't Jimmy have a case with the FBI this offseason? Fill me in.

Lastly, the thing we all look forward to...... the combine. Oh, sorry I wasn't reading far enough, the NFL Draft, there we go. It is late this year so we have to suffer and wonder even longer only to see an all lineman draft.
The front runners:
1.) John Football - Yes. It appears many do not expect the Browns to use a BPA approach and go with their need with Manziel at 4. My comparison for Manziel is Colin Kaepernick without the rocket arm.

2.) Jadaveon Clowney- Obviously if he fell to us, we would all be thrilled but that doesn't seem realistic at this point.

3.) C.J. Mosely- Here is my favorite, I think he would fill a need and help this defense tremendously with a pass covering LB talent.

Some entertainment:
http://www.19actionn...&clipId=9681202
I am more than willing to help with any dynasty/keeper league questions, PM me if you have any.

#2 Gains

Gains

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:41 PM

for some reason god decided all Cleveland sports franchises had to suck.
McDaniels not wanting the jobs was surprising in a bad way. So much talent and he talked to the organization and went "nope"

Mack fixing to get pa$d. at lest manziel would have a good oline in the pros like he did at A&M

gordon and jordan will be fantasy relevant though especially with hoyer/manziel. hard to say about real football.

still remember the obituary from the start of the season of the life long browns fan who requested pole bearers from the browns so they could "let me down once last time".

you're a browns fan........why you guys so down on hoyer suddenly?

#3 CL3VELANDBR0WNS

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,568 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:44 PM

View PostGains, on 09 January 2014 - 08:41 PM, said:

for some reason god decided all Cleveland sports franchises had to suck.
McDaniels not wanting the jobs was surprising in a bad way. So much talent and he talked to the organization and went "nope"

Mack fixing to get pa$d. at lest manziel would have a good oline in the pros like he did at A&M

gordon and jordan will be fantasy relevant though especially with hoyer/manziel. hard to say about real football.

still remember the obituary from the start of the season of the life long browns fan who requested pole bearers from the browns so they could "let me down once last time".

you're a browns fan........why you guys so down on hoyer suddenly?
Nobody is down on Hoyer but his sample size was too small and against poor defenses. We can't go into next season with that kind of risk at QB.
I am more than willing to help with any dynasty/keeper league questions, PM me if you have any.

#4 Gains

Gains

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:12 PM

View PostCL3VELANDBR0WNS, on 09 January 2014 - 08:44 PM, said:

View PostGains, on 09 January 2014 - 08:41 PM, said:

for some reason god decided all Cleveland sports franchises had to suck.
McDaniels not wanting the jobs was surprising in a bad way. So much talent and he talked to the organization and went "nope"

Mack fixing to get pa$d. at lest manziel would have a good oline in the pros like he did at A&M

gordon and jordan will be fantasy relevant though especially with hoyer/manziel. hard to say about real football.

still remember the obituary from the start of the season of the life long browns fan who requested pole bearers from the browns so they could "let me down once last time".

you're a browns fan........why you guys so down on hoyer suddenly?
Nobody is down on Hoyer but his sample size was too small and against poor defenses. We can't go into next season with that kind of risk at QB.

can't go into next season with hoyer........................went into this season with weeden.

#5 CL3VELANDBR0WNS

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,568 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

View PostGains, on 09 January 2014 - 10:12 PM, said:

View PostCL3VELANDBR0WNS, on 09 January 2014 - 08:44 PM, said:

View PostGains, on 09 January 2014 - 08:41 PM, said:

for some reason god decided all Cleveland sports franchises had to suck.
McDaniels not wanting the jobs was surprising in a bad way. So much talent and he talked to the organization and went "nope"

Mack fixing to get pa$d. at lest manziel would have a good oline in the pros like he did at A&M

gordon and jordan will be fantasy relevant though especially with hoyer/manziel. hard to say about real football.

still remember the obituary from the start of the season of the life long browns fan who requested pole bearers from the browns so they could "let me down once last time".

you're a browns fan........why you guys so down on hoyer suddenly?
Nobody is down on Hoyer but his sample size was too small and against poor defenses. We can't go into next season with that kind of risk at QB.

can't go into next season with hoyer........................went into this season with weeden.
Exactly and why do you think Chud got fired?
I am more than willing to help with any dynasty/keeper league questions, PM me if you have any.

#6 Superb3ast

Superb3ast

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:44 PM

View PostCL3VELANDBR0WNS, on 10 January 2014 - 05:13 PM, said:

View PostGains, on 09 January 2014 - 10:12 PM, said:

View PostCL3VELANDBR0WNS, on 09 January 2014 - 08:44 PM, said:

View PostGains, on 09 January 2014 - 08:41 PM, said:

for some reason god decided all Cleveland sports franchises had to suck.
McDaniels not wanting the jobs was surprising in a bad way. So much talent and he talked to the organization and went "nope"

Mack fixing to get pa$d. at lest manziel would have a good oline in the pros like he did at A&M

gordon and jordan will be fantasy relevant though especially with hoyer/manziel. hard to say about real football.

still remember the obituary from the start of the season of the life long browns fan who requested pole bearers from the browns so they could "let me down once last time".

you're a browns fan........why you guys so down on hoyer suddenly?
Nobody is down on Hoyer but his sample size was too small and against poor defenses. We can't go into next season with that kind of risk at QB.

can't go into next season with hoyer........................went into this season with weeden.
Exactly and why do you think Chud got fired?

because he didn't like manziel (smart man) and the Cleveland front office is full of mentally disabled children. They're going to draft someone who will get on board with Suckziel as QB- honestly surprised it wasn't McDaniels, considering that idiot thought Tebow was good.

#7 CL3VELANDBR0WNS

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,568 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:26 PM

View PostSuperb3ast, on 11 January 2014 - 10:44 PM, said:

View PostCL3VELANDBR0WNS, on 10 January 2014 - 05:13 PM, said:

View PostGains, on 09 January 2014 - 10:12 PM, said:

View PostCL3VELANDBR0WNS, on 09 January 2014 - 08:44 PM, said:

View PostGains, on 09 January 2014 - 08:41 PM, said:

for some reason god decided all Cleveland sports franchises had to suck.
McDaniels not wanting the jobs was surprising in a bad way. So much talent and he talked to the organization and went "nope"

Mack fixing to get pa$d. at lest manziel would have a good oline in the pros like he did at A&M

gordon and jordan will be fantasy relevant though especially with hoyer/manziel. hard to say about real football.

still remember the obituary from the start of the season of the life long browns fan who requested pole bearers from the browns so they could "let me down once last time".

you're a browns fan........why you guys so down on hoyer suddenly?
Nobody is down on Hoyer but his sample size was too small and against poor defenses. We can't go into next season with that kind of risk at QB.

can't go into next season with hoyer........................went into this season with weeden.
Exactly and why do you think Chud got fired?

because he didn't like manziel (smart man) and the Cleveland front office is full of mentally disabled children. They're going to draft someone who will get on board with Suckziel as QB- honestly surprised it wasn't McDaniels, considering that idiot thought Tebow was good.
Wrong. In my opinon, Chud got fired because of his poor evaluation at the QB position. I thought his great evaluation of knowing how awful T-rich was would make up for his poor eval at QB but I guess not in our front office's mind.
I think Manziel will be a solid starter but I agree on McDaniels. I breathed a great sigh of relief when I found out he wasn't hired.
For the record, I don't think you should say something degrading "mentally disabled children" , it may offend some people out there.
I am more than willing to help with any dynasty/keeper league questions, PM me if you have any.

#8 Bluecore

Bluecore

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:46 PM

For fantasy purposes, the only thing I care about on the Browns is Josh Gordon, anything affecting his outlook, and any potential free agent they sign at RB. So as far as their QB situation goes, anything that happens next season will be better than what happened this season, and that's why I have Gordon as my second over all receiver. Although I can't 100% say that were I in the position I wouldn't pull the trigger on AJ Green over him. The full off-season will tell. There are several RBs going in to free agency this off season such as Ben Tate and Rashad Jennings who I'd love to have as my RB2, so I will be monitoring that. If either of those two or maybe a few others end up in Cleveland I would not hesitate to pull the trigger.

Funny story: CL3VELANDB0WNS, I was reading a thread you were participating in talkin on and on about how Chud's job was safe and how he wasn't going anywhere, the day he got fired, and I believe the date of your posts was like the night before it happened. I had a good laugh out of it. :P

Edited by Bluecore, 11 January 2014 - 11:47 PM.

2013 Week 16 Championship roster:
QB: Nick Foles
WR: Demaryius Thomas, Josh Gordon, Eric Decker
RB: LeSean McCoy, Rashad Jennings
TE: Delanie Walker
Flex: Kendall Wright
Kicker: S. Hauschka
Def: KC

#9 Superb3ast

Superb3ast

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:46 PM

View PostCL3VELANDBR0WNS, on 11 January 2014 - 11:26 PM, said:


Wrong. In my opinon, Chud got fired because of his poor evaluation at the QB position. I thought his great evaluation of knowing how awful T-rich was would make up for his poor eval at QB but I guess not in our front office's mind.
I think Manziel will be a solid starter but I agree on McDaniels. I breathed a great sigh of relief when I found out he wasn't hired.
For the record, I don't think you should say something degrading "mentally disabled children" , it may offend some people out there.

You're right- those children don't deserve to be compared to the Browns front office.

Seriously, he won;t be a solid ANYTHING. His game is to run around the pocket and try to make something out of broken plays. He's like Braxton Miller- the notable plays they make are on BROKEN plays. Well newsflash Johnny boy; in the NFL, EVERYBODY is as fast as you. That running around twinkle toes crap isn't gonna fly.

You're an eternal optimist man, i know this- seen your post history enough to know that (surprises me considering you're a fellow cleveland fan to be honest), but you can't be delusional enough to believe that idiot will be anything worthwhile as a pro. Come on now.

#10 CL3VELANDBR0WNS

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,568 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:44 AM

View PostSuperb3ast, on 11 January 2014 - 11:46 PM, said:

View PostCL3VELANDBR0WNS, on 11 January 2014 - 11:26 PM, said:

Wrong. In my opinon, Chud got fired because of his poor evaluation at the QB position. I thought his great evaluation of knowing how awful T-rich was would make up for his poor eval at QB but I guess not in our front office's mind.
I think Manziel will be a solid starter but I agree on McDaniels. I breathed a great sigh of relief when I found out he wasn't hired.
For the record, I don't think you should say something degrading "mentally disabled children" , it may offend some people out there.

You're right- those children don't deserve to be compared to the Browns front office.

Seriously, he won;t be a solid ANYTHING. His game is to run around the pocket and try to make something out of broken plays. He's like Braxton Miller- the notable plays they make are on BROKEN plays. Well newsflash Johnny boy; in the NFL, EVERYBODY is as fast as you. That running around twinkle toes crap isn't gonna fly.

You're an eternal optimist man, i know this- seen your post history enough to know that (surprises me considering you're a fellow cleveland fan to be honest), but you can't be delusional enough to believe that idiot will be anything worthwhile as a pro. Come on now.
I am not too much of an optimist. It's funny because I am almost the exact opposite.
There's nothing delusional about it. I have said a million times that we all know he won't run all over defenses.
Are you simply ignoring his 429 passing attempts in 2013? What do you see as a QB which makes him non NFL caliber?
Comparing him to Braxton Miller is just disgraceful. Braxton won't even be drafted and wasn't even better than Kenny Guiton.

Edited by CL3VELANDBR0WNS, 12 January 2014 - 01:45 AM.

I am more than willing to help with any dynasty/keeper league questions, PM me if you have any.

#11 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa, Florida
  • Interests:The Ohio State University, fantasy football junkie, baseball

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

Love the Browns. Huge Ohio fan. Now we're either gonna get Manziel or Clowney. The first pick is almost a certain to be Bridgewater. I'd rather go Manziel in the first then maybe Marquise Lee with our late first rounder do roll with Hyde in the second. I think our offense would jump. Our defense is already pretty straight and if we could string some possessions on offense we'd be fine. We need a QB, RB, and a second WR.

#12 CL3VELANDBR0WNS

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,568 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

I did a little bit of math.
Adam Gase + Cleveland Browns = Knowshon Moreno
Makes too much sense, right?
I am more than willing to help with any dynasty/keeper league questions, PM me if you have any.

#13 Gains

Gains

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:12 PM

I am always amazed by the Browns fans stupi.............er.........loyalty. It is like the mouse in the maze the keeps going to the door that shocks it instead of the door that smells like there is cheese behind it.

5 pro-bowlers, mess of great draft picks......no one wants to sign up. Not sure where Gase is coming from. All of Peytons OCs have been little more glorified waterboys.

#14 MySoxrRed

MySoxrRed

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Fantasy Sports, NY Giants, Boston Red Sox, Psychology

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:06 AM

Can the Brown just sign a QB who will force feed Jordan and Gordon? For real though this team has potential, but their front office ineptness and head coaching carousal makes it an undesirable place to coach and play. Oh yah and its Cleveland.
10 Team: 7X7 H2H Daily Auction League
C: Montero
1st: Goldie
2nd: Dozier
3rd: Donaldson
SS: Dee Gordon
IF: J. Abreu
OF: Hunter, Braun, Melky, Brantley
Util: McGehee, Harper
SP: Sale, Lester, Kluber, Gray, Teheran, H. Alvarez, STREAMER
RP: Holland, W. Smith, Janssen, J. Smith, Feliz, Walden
DL:Encarnacion, Cole

#15 Iron-cock

Iron-cock

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:27 AM

I don't know how anyone could be so sure either way about Manziel.  Obviously he won't be able to run around as much as he could in college, but the ability to move around the pocket is an advantage.  As far as his ability as a pocket passer, he's clearly better than Tebow (I don't see any mechanical flaws that jump out as much) and he doesn't give the impression he's totally inaccurate ala Collin Klein last year.
Rotoworld League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, 6 point passing TDs
Check out the thread in "Your League" Forums. Thread: "2014 Rotoworld Mock Real League"

Draft currently in progress...

QB: Tom Brady
RB1: Adrian Peterson
RB2: Marshawn Lynch
WR1: Vincent Jackson
WR2: Anquan Boldin  
W/R/T: Doug Martin
W/R/T: Emmanuel Sanders
TE:  Charles Clay
DEF:
K:

Bench:
RB: Christine Michael
RB:  Darren McFadden

#16 Sine_cera

Sine_cera

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,856 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:31 AM

View PostCL3VELANDBR0WNS, on 14 January 2014 - 09:35 PM, said:

I did a little bit of math.
Adam Gase + Cleveland Browns = Knowshon Moreno
Makes too much sense, right?

I wouldn't be surprised at all. It does almost make too much sense. Should Gase become the HC, you can expect Moreno and also Decker being linked to the Browns. They have the cap room.

Edited by Sine_cera, 15 January 2014 - 10:31 AM.

"There's nothing more interesting than your own rotisserie team and nothing less interesting than someone else's." - Daniel Okrent

"If you challenge the conventional wisdom, you will find ways to do things much better than they are currently done." - Bill James




.

#17 ToO_BaD

ToO_BaD

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,360 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California
  • Interests:SF GIANTS, Niners, Warriors

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:52 AM

Any chance they might go after CJ if the Titans don't want him?
RW Mock Draft Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, 6pt all TDs

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Matt Forte
RB: Trent Richardson
WR: Pierre Garçon
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
W/R/T: T.Y. Hilton
W/R/T: Mike Evans
TE: Vernon Davis
DEF:
K:

Bench:
DeAngelo Williams, Marvin Jones, Kelvin Benjamin

#18 Iron-cock

Iron-cock

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:52 AM

View PostMySoxrRed, on 15 January 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

Can the Brown just sign a QB who will force feed Jordan and Gordon? For real though this team has potential, but their front office ineptness and head coaching carousal makes it an undesirable place to coach and play. Oh yah and its Cleveland.

There isn't much out there in QB FA this year, except for Mike Vick.

http://espn.go.com/b...et-after-cutler

Ideally they draft a young QB or two, bring back Hoyer and maybe sign a competent vet that can play if Hoyer and the rookies don't pan out.  Shaun Hill might be nice.
Rotoworld League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, 6 point passing TDs
Check out the thread in "Your League" Forums. Thread: "2014 Rotoworld Mock Real League"

Draft currently in progress...

QB: Tom Brady
RB1: Adrian Peterson
RB2: Marshawn Lynch
WR1: Vincent Jackson
WR2: Anquan Boldin  
W/R/T: Doug Martin
W/R/T: Emmanuel Sanders
TE:  Charles Clay
DEF:
K:

Bench:
RB: Christine Michael
RB:  Darren McFadden

#19 ToO_BaD

ToO_BaD

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,360 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California
  • Interests:SF GIANTS, Niners, Warriors

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:02 AM

View PostIron-cock, on 15 January 2014 - 10:52 AM, said:

View PostMySoxrRed, on 15 January 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

Can the Brown just sign a QB who will force feed Jordan and Gordon? For real though this team has potential, but their front office ineptness and head coaching carousal makes it an undesirable place to coach and play. Oh yah and its Cleveland.

There isn't much out there in QB FA this year, except for Mike Vick.

http://espn.go.com/b...et-after-cutler

Ideally they draft a young QB or two, bring back Hoyer and maybe sign a competent vet that can play if Hoyer and the rookies don't pan out.  Shaun Hill might be nice.

Wow crazy to see in that article that four FA QBs (5 if Weeden gets included) were formerly on the Browns haha.  Any chance they grab someone like Henne or Schaub (should Schaub be let go)?
RW Mock Draft Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, 6pt all TDs

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Matt Forte
RB: Trent Richardson
WR: Pierre Garçon
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
W/R/T: T.Y. Hilton
W/R/T: Mike Evans
TE: Vernon Davis
DEF:
K:

Bench:
DeAngelo Williams, Marvin Jones, Kelvin Benjamin

#20 MySoxrRed

MySoxrRed

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Fantasy Sports, NY Giants, Boston Red Sox, Psychology

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:36 AM

They will prob keep Hoyer around but Henne can certainly get the ball to playmakers as can Schaub. Will any of the three bring the team to a Super Bowl? Prob not, but they need to have a plan even if they get Manziel who should probably learn that even D-Lineman are fast in the NFL.

Edited by MySoxrRed, 15 January 2014 - 11:36 AM.

10 Team: 7X7 H2H Daily Auction League
C: Montero
1st: Goldie
2nd: Dozier
3rd: Donaldson
SS: Dee Gordon
IF: J. Abreu
OF: Hunter, Braun, Melky, Brantley
Util: McGehee, Harper
SP: Sale, Lester, Kluber, Gray, Teheran, H. Alvarez, STREAMER
RP: Holland, W. Smith, Janssen, J. Smith, Feliz, Walden
DL:Encarnacion, Cole




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users