Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Andre Ellington 2014 Season OutlookThe next Jamaal Charles?

• Please log in to reply
236 replies to this topic

#221 FFCollusion

FFCollusion

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:34 PM

View Postralphg13, on 08 July 2014 - 03:17 PM, said:

View PostFFCollusion, on 05 July 2014 - 02:59 PM, said:

17-19 range of PPR RBs.  Just so hard to gauge a guy like Arians.
I'm probably too low on him though, I need to do some updating.

In PPR he's like the 12-14 RB off the board. I dunno if he's the 12 best PPR back though that's just where he is going.

He asked where I ranked him.  Not where his ADP was or where you'll have to draft him.  There's plenty of logical reasons that he should/could be ranked higher on my list, but his ADP isn't one of them.
Looking for 1 last league for the 2014 season:
Auction Keeper or Auction Contract type leagues
10-12 teams, PPR, prefer Yahoo.  PM me with details.

#222 Gryfter

Gryfter

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:07 AM

so...no one heres worried about the division he plays in: the NFC West?

hes got 6 games against possibly 3 of the top 5 run defenses in Seattle, SF, and St Louis...
14 Team H2H:

C: Devin Mesoraco
1B: Carlos Santana
2B: Jose Altuve
SS: Jose Reyes
3B: Evan Longoria
RF: JD Martinez
CF: Bryce Harper
LF: Corey Dickerson
Util: Kolten Wong

Bench: Steven Vogt, Dee Gordon, Yoenis Cespedes
DL: Michael Wacha, CJ Wilson

Starters:
David Price, Scott Kazmir, Jon Lester, Jesse Hahn, Clay Buchholz, Edinson Volquez

Relievers:
Fernando Rodney, Casey Janssen, Jenrry Mejia, Santiago Casilla, Joe Smith, Ken Giles

#223 Unbreakable

Unbreakable

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:03 AM

View PostGryfter, on 10 July 2014 - 05:07 AM, said:

hes got 6 games against possibly 3 of the top 5 run defenses in Seattle, SF, and St Louis...

Are you worried about Marshawn Lynch? What about Frank Gore, Zac Stacy? I realize that this is the guys 2nd year in the league. But he played against these teams last year. Keep in mind he plays the sorry NFC East defenses this year, as well as the AFC West. Also, those 3 are bigger backs. Time will tell, but to answer your question, I am no more worried about him than I am about the others, aside from Marshawn.

#224 Ancient Pistol

Ancient Pistol

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:53 AM

View Postboozaaa, on 28 May 2014 - 08:46 AM, said:

Repost: I couldn't edit it

I never said it was unrealistic, but that it was optimistic.

I think he is over estimating a bit, but its not out of the realm of possibility.

I would love to see him prove me wrong, but he would essentially have the same YPC in his first 2 seasons as Adrian Peterson. LeSean McCoy hasn't put together 2 seasons in a row with YPC that high and the list goes on for top 5 RBs who have never in their career had 2 seasons in a row with YPC that high.

Teams have tape on him and are gonna focus in on him in their game plans as he is now the focus of the Cards attack. Teams will make sure they do a better job of setting the edge, because he can move laterally well and bounce outside pretty quickly. I also don't like the Cardinals offensive line. They added Veldheer who will certainly help Palmer, but he's not a big help in the run game. That's not even bringing up that he is gonna have 9 games against defenses that were top 10 in rush defense last season. I like his skill set since I am a huge fan of the shifty runners and if he pulled off a 4.9 average on 220 carriers he will be Jamaal Charles lite. I just want him to prove it to me before I make a prediction like that.

Don't forget they also get Jonathan Cooper back, who at 7th overall was the highest drafted guard in about 40 years. Where he was drafted doesn't mean a whole lot, but this is one beast of a blocker.

#225 CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:58 AM

I dont worry about any RB that can rip off a 50 yard TD at any time

#226 munde53

munde53

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:47 AM

He had solid showings against all of them last year. In the three games he had lower production against those teams he was under utilized. Or like in week 17 against SF the Cards were playing catch up and let Palmer sling the ball 49 times, they had 4 guys with 74+ yards receiving.

Obviously you should expect lower production in the games he faces NFC West teams, but don't be surprised if he still gives you 10+ points.

#227 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:19 AM

View Postmunde53, on 10 July 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:

He had solid showings against all of them last year. In the three games he had lower production against those teams he was under utilized. Or like in week 17 against SF the Cards were playing catch up and let Palmer sling the ball 49 times, they had 4 guys with 74+ yards receiving.

Obviously you should expect lower production in the games he faces NFC West teams, but don't be surprised if he still gives you 10+ points.

Agreed, take a minute and look over Ellington's game logs against those opponents last season (obviously don't count week 1 vs STL).  Factor in his increased workload and, most importantly, who really knows how well the SEA, SF, and STL defenses will be performing this year.  SEA lost a bunch of key DEF players and SF has issues too, regression from each unit has to be expected.  STL seems primed to be really good but you never know.  Chase talent + opportunity and don't be too swayed by offseason team assumptions that have a good chance to be wrong.

#228 Ol Blues

Ol Blues

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:27 AM

View PostJ.T. Marlin, on 10 July 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

Agreed, take a minute and look over Ellington's game logs against those opponents last season (obviously don't count week 1 vs STL).  Factor in his increased workload and, most importantly, who really knows how well the SEA, SF, and STL defenses will be performing this year.  SEA lost a bunch of key DEF players and SF has issues too, regression from each unit has to be expected.  STL seems primed to be really good but you never know.  Chase talent + opportunity and don't be too swayed by offseason team assumptions that have a good chance to be wrong.
It's odd how often fantasy players, including gurus, routinely look at the strength of a defense and don't bother to analyze the individual player's history vs those defenses. Palmer, like Ellington, produced better vs the "tough NFC West defenses" than vs the (supposedly) easier rest of the schedule. Start vs Seattle but not vs Tennessee? Seems counterintuitive.

#229 munde53

munde53

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:40 AM

View PostOl Blues, on 10 July 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

View PostJ.T. Marlin, on 10 July 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

It's odd how often fantasy players, including gurus, routinely look at the strength of a defense and don't bother to analyze the individual player's history vs those defenses. Palmer, like Ellington, produced better vs the "tough NFC West defenses" than vs the (supposedly) easier rest of the schedule. Start vs Seattle but not vs Tennessee? Seems counterintuitive.
Players simply play harder against their divisional rivals.

#230 Travdaddy10

Travdaddy10

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:38 PM

He may have played better against his division rivals but that shouldn't be something to count on. His limited touches plus tough schedule could have bust written all over it. That being said his talent is undeniable. Very high risk reward if that's your thing.
10 team - H2H Daily
C - Yadier Molina
1B - Victor Martinez
2B - Martin Prado
SS - Eric Aybar
3B - Ryan Zimmerman
OF1 - Mike Trout
OF2 - Alex Rios
OF3 - Mike Morse
DH - Adam LaRoche
Bench - Votto, Plouffe, Gardner, Wong
SP1 - Stephen Strasburg
SP2 - Julio Teheran
SP3 - Corey Kluber
SP4 - Tyson Ross
SP5 - Henderson Alvarez
SP6 - Colon
P1 - Soria
RP1 - Krod RP2 - Doolittle
Bench - Volquez, Danks, Koehler, Miley, Stroman, Beckett, Collmenter, Happ, Tomlin, McHugh, Saunders, Butler, Workman, Rubby DLR, Chamberlain

#231 Ol Blues

Ol Blues

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:21 PM

View PostTravdaddy10, on 10 July 2014 - 04:38 PM, said:

He may have played better against his division rivals but that shouldn't be something to count on. His limited touches plus tough schedule could have bust written all over it. That being said his talent is undeniable. Very high risk reward if that's your thing.
I don't see that.There isn't a huge talent pool behind him. "Bangers" yes, but Stepfan will never pass for quick, fast, elusive or any other form of "sudden" praise. So, I don't see Ellington's touches realistically going elsewhere. It's always difficult to rate limited touches guys, yes, but I'm missing why Ellington should be viewed as either a high upside or bust candidate.

#232 Gryfter

Gryfter

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:30 AM

munde53, on 10 July 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:

Ol Blues, on 10 July 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

J.T. Marlin, on 10 July 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

munde53, on 10 July 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:

Gryfter, on 10 July 2014 - 05:07 AM, said:

Players simply play harder against their divisional rivals.

as a matter of fact I did own Stacy and Gore last season... Gore disappeared after a nice little TD run during mid season... Stacy had 1 great game against Seattle early on... his best games were against non NFC West opponents...Yes I understand he had no passing game whatsoever so teams were geared on stopping him alone since he was the only threat on offense.
14 Team H2H:

C: Devin Mesoraco
1B: Carlos Santana
2B: Jose Altuve
SS: Jose Reyes
3B: Evan Longoria
RF: JD Martinez
CF: Bryce Harper
LF: Corey Dickerson
Util: Kolten Wong

Bench: Steven Vogt, Dee Gordon, Yoenis Cespedes
DL: Michael Wacha, CJ Wilson

Starters:
David Price, Scott Kazmir, Jon Lester, Jesse Hahn, Clay Buchholz, Edinson Volquez

Relievers:
Fernando Rodney, Casey Janssen, Jenrry Mejia, Santiago Casilla, Joe Smith, Ken Giles

#233 RMJ_12

RMJ_12

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:26 AM

what key players did SEA lose?

#234 munde53

munde53

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:49 AM

RMJ_12, on 11 July 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:

They lost some of their defensive backs, but I was kind of wondering the same thing. They also added Kevin Williams to their front line, who I think will return to his form from a few years ago.

#235 lolcopter

lolcopter

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:49 AM

browner?

that's all i got, don't follow the team that closely tho

#236 RMJ_12

RMJ_12

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:53 AM

lolcopter, on 11 July 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

browner?

that's what i was thinking, they barely had Browner for most of last year anyway

#237 munde53

munde53

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:01 PM

RMJ_12, on 11 July 2014 - 11:53 AM, said:

lolcopter, on 11 July 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

browner?

that's what i was thinking, they barely had Browner for most of last year anyway
They also lost:
CB Browner
DE Red Bryant
DE Chris Clemons
CB Walter Thurmond
DT Clinton McDonald
S Chris Maragos

So they lost some of their depth, but none of their starters. The addition of Williams to the D line should help solidify some of what they lost in terms of depth.

Edited by munde53, 11 July 2014 - 12:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users